Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538633 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
peddy001:
Good day all,
I have been a silent reader to this thread and i'd like to ask a few questions for clarification from all the gurus in the house.

My wife and I got married in April 2014 applied for a visiting visa in Feb 2015 but we were denied. Now my company is sending me for a conference in Chicago in October 2016. The conference is in my field and my coy is paying for all expenses which has been stated in the letter of introduction. My question now is
1. I was promoted this year and thus my salary has changed from 202k to 450k. I hope this wouldn't be a problem cos the last application I had 202k and now my salary is reads 450k.

2. The only travel history I have is to Ghana, hope it would not also be a problem.

3. In my previous application under the previous employment section (2009 - 2013) I filled in the company CEO as my supervisor which was because I had dual supervisors but in this application I filled my second supervisor. I hope it will also not raise a red flag as having two different supervisors for the application.

4. Because I have been denied once does it stop my chances from getting this visa. I presume my circumstances have changed now because I have a son now and a daughter due in November 2016 as against when it was just my wife and I that applied in Feb 2015.

Will appreciate your honest responses.

Thanks.
1. People get promoted all the time and salary increases. It is expected . It also qualifies as a material change in circumstance (in my opinion)
2. People with/out travel histories get visas . Your whole circumstance including the limited travel history is weighed. The vo is the final arbiter.
3. Supervisors change. That is also expected
4. ADditional family is a material change (IMO).
The past refusal can only militate against you if you misrepresented. Lots of folks here (my humble self included, seye,chloe etc) were all refused at our ist applications but got at subsequent interviews.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by gullity: 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2016
Greetings here

Am Tobi, kindly see my profile

1. Born and bred in Nigeria

2. Dad moved to US after my birth about 40 years.

3. Dad marries US citizen with 2 kids ( Son 31 years, Daughter 28 years)

4. I met Dad once in 1995, last time I know he came around.

5. I applied once, Year 2002/2003. Interview date clashed with NYSC call-up, so I missed the appointment date.

6. With social media etc, we communicate now almost every week. with step-mom and siblings any time we cross path on social media. Siblings was in Ghana 2000 + 2002, I visited them. Then Step-mom and sister came 2 years ago for vacation in Nigeria.

7. Am working, earning 600+k.

8. Still Single.

9. Dad health is one concern and also I want to go for vacation.

10. I will surely come back after a month stay, and it will also open opportunity to travel when I wish to.

11. Had traveled to Dubai and Ghana.

Will appreciate your honest responses.

Many thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 9:13pm On Jun 30, 2016
@peddy001, your particulars look good tho but just put in your application. There is no harm in trying.

Yasssssssssss!!!!!!!!, i am now qualified to answer questions. lollll
i greet everybody o.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:18pm On Jun 30, 2016
@gullity How did Dad got to the U.S?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
Hello, please who has gone on a two stops ticket before?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by gullity: 10:55pm On Jun 30, 2016
seyewest:
@gullity How did Dad got to the U.S?

Schooling.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:46am On Jul 01, 2016
gullity:

Schooling.
The issue is overcoming the migrant assumption...with your father in the US.
Only a VO can however weigh your pros and cons and decide. So apply. God forbid u don't get, u learn and be better prepared next time
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:50am On Jul 01, 2016
iyaaliyah:
Me. Any better for us? cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ayobamimoses07: 7:10am On Jul 01, 2016
FrontPageLawyer:

N48,000 only.
48k only ??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by peddy001: 8:42am On Jul 01, 2016
Thanks alot for your responses.........
LadyGuinivere:

1. People get promoted all the time and salary increases. It is expected . It also qualifies as a material change in circumstance (in my opinion)
2. People with/out travel histories get visas . Your whole circumstance including the limited travel history is weighed. The vo is the final arbiter.
3. Supervisors change. That is also expected
4. ADditional family is a material change (IMO).
The past refusal can only militate against you if you misrepresented. Lots of folks here (my humble self included, seye,chloe etc) were all refused at our ist applications but got at subsequent interviews.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by peddy001: 8:45am On Jul 01, 2016
I have already applied, my interview date is in early August, i'm hopeful I will have a good report for the house. Blessed month to y'all
iyaaliyah:
@peddy001, your particulars look good tho but just put in your application. There is no harm in trying.

Yasssssssssss!!!!!!!!, i am now qualified to answer questions. lollll
i greet everybody o.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 10:16am On Jul 01, 2016
just go ahead then and hope for the best. The most important thing is to be able to convince the VO that your purpose is genuine. you can read back to learn from ple's transcript. Don't make it a do or die thing. it will help you greatly whatever the outcome is.

peddy001:
I have already applied, my interview date is in early August, i'm hopeful I will have a good report for the house. Blessed month to y'all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 10:30am On Jul 01, 2016
@LadyGuinivere Ahh, lolll. na cane i go give you. whip you well well. sup with you?

I got a two stop ticket and two airline, wondering if they would transfer my bag themselves but i called one ticket agent and he said they will.
i know it will be stressful sha but i will turn it into a cup of yogurt and enjoy it. lolllll

secondly, i got a cheaper ticket to another state and an earlier date (5 days earlier) to my conf but i will take a train to conf. venue, hope i wont be asked why i changed route. i simply did cos of a better ticket deal. dollar isnt smilling atm.

i hail everybody oo. Happy new month!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by gullity: 10:43am On Jul 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

The issue is overcoming the migrant assumption...with your father in the US.
Only a VO can however weigh your pros and cons and decide. So apply. God forbid u don't get, u learn and be better prepared next time

Thanks dearie, @LadyGuinivere for not too over-assuring me that it's going to be without hitch. This is the kind of response I look forward to.

Aside that, what other assumptions you think can come from the VO?

Cheers.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 11:10am On Jul 01, 2016
please help my friend. He was asked to reschedule his appointment, that the bad code on his appointment is different from the DS160form,. it happened this morning. please what should he do?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:24am On Jul 01, 2016
iyaaliyah:
@LadyGuinivere Ahh, lolll. na cane i go give you. whip you well well. sup with you?

I got a two stop ticket and two airline, wondering if they would transfer my bag themselves but i called one ticket agent and he said they will.
i know it will be stressful sha but i will turn it into a cup of yogurt and enjoy it. lolllll

secondly, i got a cheaper ticket to another state and an earlier date (5 days earlier) to my conf but i will take a train to conf. venue, hope i wont be asked why i changed route. i simply did cos of a better ticket deal. dollar isnt smilling atm.

The stopover before ya leg touch America, they l transfer ya bag. But the second you andd your winchcraft bags grin arrive US/POE, u must go and carry all ya kaya o! After clearance, u carry your bag and check in to the next flight. So if dem wan deport u cheesy , e no go hard to fling ur bag back on board tongue

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:26am On Jul 01, 2016
kooljay5:
please help my friend. He was asked to reschedule his appointment, that the bad code on his appointment is different from the DS160form,. it happened this morning. please what should he do?
Tell him to read back like 10 pages. This issue has been over dealt with...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 11:26am On Jul 01, 2016
kooljay5:

LadyG abeg help him, this one pass me oo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:29am On Jul 01, 2016
gullity:

Thanks dearie, @LadyGuinivere for not too over-assuring me that it's going to be without hitch. This is the kind of response I look forward to.

Cheers.
Thats basically all you have to establish. That you will return at the end of your trip. And that you did not lie in any manner in your application.
For style of interview and regular questions, please read the thread

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ogodos(m): 12:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
Good Afternoon everybody in the house.. I applied for a USA visiting visa last year which i was denied last December at abuja ,then i was in my final years, Am a student of university of unilorin and i study accounting ... I have traveled to south Africa for vacation... . I want to go for vacation to spend the Xmas with my brother in the state.. I remember when i went for interview, The VO asked why am i going to usa... I told him i want to attend my brother 5 years wedding anniversary.... She (vo) asked why is it compulsory for me to attend the party .. I told her it been long with saw each other and none of my family is attending and i want to represent them all ,.. then she called it up... i want to apply again.. am in my national youth service and i also own a barbering saloon that fetch me 30k monthly... My dad will sponsor me .. i need advice...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
iyaaliyah:
Me me me me .... ABV-DXB-MXP-JFK-JFK-MXP-DXB-ABV... MXP is Milan,Italy. Emirates airline.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kooljay5: 1:00pm On Jul 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Tell him to read back like 10 pages. This issue has been over dealt with...

thanks. i now have the answer. he should fill a new form, wait for two days and reschedule appointment using the existing fee payment receipt and account created for previous appointment.

thanks LadyG
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
iyaaliyah:

Which airline?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:21pm On Jul 01, 2016
a
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
kooljay5:

thanks. i now have the answer. he should fill a new form, wait for two days and reschedule appointment using the existing fee payment receipt and account created for previous appointment.

thanks LadyG
We Thank God for research and hardwork!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
ogodos:
Good Afternoon everybody in the house.. I applied for a USA visiting visa last year which i was denied last December at abuja ,then i was in my final years, Am a student of university of unilorin and i study accounting ... I have traveled to south Africa for vacation... . I want to go for vacation to spend the Xmas with my brother in the state.. I remember when i went for interview, The VO asked why am i going to usa... I told him i want to attend my brother 5 years wedding anniversary.... She (vo) asked why is it compulsory for me to attend the party .. I told her it been long with saw each other and none of my family is attending and i want to represent them all ,.. then she called it up... i want to apply again.. am in my national youth service and i also own a barbering saloon that fetch me 30k monthly... My dad will sponsor me .. i need advice...

This is like a camel passing through the eye of a needle sha. Establish more ties till you are able to pay or at least capable of paying for a trip for yourself and also have a much more convincing reason for travel to the US. Dazzol!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
gullity:

Cheers.

A lot going for and against you, but.... How about a little more travel experience added? It wouldn't hurt, really! Still go some more places (same for you @ogodos). Bros, MARRY too Na, abeg. That will strengthen your ties sha. Popsie matter don put this matter for tight corner mode.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tofunmi222: 5:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
hello everyone. new on this trend.
i have been to the usa twice, first with hubby, next visit alone cos of tight husband schedule. now i wanna take my kids for the next vacation but without hubby cos he is always busy and wouldnt be available to travel with us. want to apply for visa for my kids for a 2 weeks vacation sometime next year. need your advise pls. Are my good to go. i am scared cos i read the post of a lady whose baby was denied visa. will give it a trial though but i need your advise and suggestions. children are 8yrs, 6yrs and 2 years and all girs. work in a reputable organisation and very well placed. will be having my dropbox bfore applying for the kids.
await your responses pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
@ladyG please help.. i made a silly mistake.. i just got the DS-160 code and went ahead to schedule an appointment without filling the form itself.. this is my first time .. now pls how do i correct this silly mistake of mine.... PLEASE ANYONE THAT CAN HELP SHOULD HELP ME PLS... THANKS..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
davton69:
@ladyG please help.. i made a silly mistake.. i just got the DS-160 code and went ahead to schedule an appointment without filling the form itself.. this is my first time .. now pls how do i correct this silly mistake of mine.... PLEASE ANYONE THAT CAN HELP SHOULD HELP ME PLS... THANKS..

You're still on track as long as your DS-160 code is still intact. Best of luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ashanalova69(m): 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
Please how much is the naira equivalent of the US visa fee for B1/B2 ? I know it is still $160 dollars, but I need to know how much I will have to pay at GTB. Thanks for your prompt answer.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by barnaby04(m): 6:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
Just 48K pere!

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.