Stats: 3,156,356 members, 7,829,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538830 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

What?! I just threw away my full pot of afang soup in anger? Me? Tiri star general? !
Please I am a 5 star General!!! cheesy
Correct yasef before I throw away my stew poot now! tongue

@oomobendel I don't know the oone you are talkin about. Please bring the link?

Sun Ma. My hands are up.
5star..no shaking grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 1:16pm On Jul 04, 2016
July 4th! Oh yeah!! God Bless America, and of course God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 2:04pm On Jul 04, 2016
tofunmi222:

thanks a lot. i dont patronise touts and we filled our forms ourselves with our correct and right informations. can u kindly explain what you meant by story? gave my profile as accurate as it was then.
thanks a lot
Lol cheesy your/hubby's story means no lies/discrepancy in your initial ds form, interview et all. That is hope you did as you stated in your form/ interview.

For example, if you filled duration of stay as 2 weeks and you ended up spending 2 months, it's a red flag. If you filled going to Chicago and you ended up going to alaska, another red flag etc.

Your very 1st visit should tally with what you filled/said during your interview. Subsequent visits may deviate.

That is what i mean by clean story. Cheers smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nazysandy(f): 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
Good evening house.

I am new here. My interview date is early August. Going for a wedding and then use the opportunity to see hubby. He is based in the US. Already, I have applied for an immigrant visa, but just going to visit and come back while waiting for the immigrant visa.
Btw, hubby is one of the groomsmen and the person wedding is our mutual friend. The wedding iv already stated that accommodation is taken care of excluding the flight. Hubby is paying for my flight ticket.

Please I am open to any advice, contributions or whatsoever. Thank you and keep on doing the good work.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2016
Nazysandy:
Good evening house.

I am new here. My interview date is early August. Going for a wedding and then use the opportunity to see hubby. He is based in the US. Already, I have applied for an immigrant visa, but just going to visit and come back while waiting for the immigrant visa.
Btw, hubby is one of the groomsmen and the person wedding is our mutual friend. The wedding iv already stated that accommodation is taken care of excluding the flight. Hubby is paying for my flight ticket.

Please I am open to any advice, contributions or whatsoever. Thank you and keep on doing the good work.
Ties to PROVE that you will return home.

Nothing else matters!
Unless you get this sorted you will be refused for 214b.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nazysandy(f): 6:46pm On Jul 04, 2016
worry359:

Nothing else matters!
Unless you get this sorted you will be refused for 214b.
Thanks for the response.
I have letter from my place of work showing I'm actually granted leave, I have a copy of the immigrant visa case acceptance confirmation to show I have to come back for that one, then my house lease.
I don't know if there's something else I need.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
Nazysandy:

Thanks for the response.
I have letter from my place of work showing I'm actually granted leave, I have a copy of the immigrant visa case acceptance confirmation to show I have to come back for that one, then my house lease.
I don't know if there's something else I need.
The fact that you have a job and not that you were granted a leave ipso facto is your tie.
The immigrant thing and the fact that your husband is in the us raises a clear immigrant intent.
Good luck

@omobendell I have updated the ist page with B visa google interview alone. The other one is for student visa. Thanks.
If only una go gree refer them to hear froom the horses's mouth
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nazysandy(f): 8:48pm On Jul 04, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

The fact that you have a job and not that you were granted a leave ipso facto is your tie.
The immigrant thing and the fact that your husband is in the us raises a clear immigrant intent.
Good luck

@omobendell I have updated the ist page with B visa google interview alone. The other one is for student visa. Thanks.
Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
Nazysandy:
Good evening house.

Do you have kid(s) Where are they?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nazysandy(f): 9:56pm On Jul 04, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Good luck

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kenkelewu: 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
Nazysandy:
Good evening house.

I suggest that you volunteer that information before you are asked and explain in the detail the purpose of this visit. Let the VO know that you understand the implications of violating the terms of your B1/B2 if granted and that you would not want o jeopardize the chances of getting your IV to relocate and join your spouse legally. Having an IV petition does not stop you from getting an NIV, you just have to be able to convince the VO that you have enough ties to make you come back and continue with what you are currently processing.
Good luck

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nazysandy(f): 10:01pm On Jul 04, 2016
seyewest:
NO I don't. Just got married December 2015.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nazysandy(f): 10:04pm On Jul 04, 2016
kenkelewu:

I suggest that you volunteer that information before you are asked and explain in the detail the purpose of this visit. Let the VO know that you understand the implications of violating the terms of your B1/B2 if granted and that you would not want o jeopardize the chances of getting your IV to relocate and join your spouse legally. Having an IV petition does not stop you from getting an NIV, you just have to be able to convince the VO that you have enough ties to make you come back and continue with what you are currently processing.
Good luck
Thank you . I will sure do that. Had that in mind
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:23am On Jul 05, 2016
seyewest:
Looking at her situation, this would have been a major tie to use to her advantage in my thought too. In the absence of this, I will almost certainly say "give it a try, but be open-minded and ready to sit the IV process out at most". Chances are quite slim.

@Nazysandy, is Hubby a citizen or a LPR? What job did you say you were doing again? For how long and what is your pay like? Your Travel experiences? A child to leave behind would have gone a long way genuinely IMO.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:27am On Jul 05, 2016
kenkelewu:

Good luck
Yeah, agreed. But where are the ties - the STRONG and compelling ones? What jeopardy are we talking of here as to the IV if I may ask too?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:47am On Jul 05, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Good luck

Oh! Okay ma. We go try ensure so where necessary. Truth is, the minimum anybody can do before asking those questions should be to at least invest 2hours listening to those two rich videos, reading the 1st comment of this thread and doing an overview of the associated links, that sure will help. It is as good as we have done ALMOST all the research for them, this is the LAZIEST minimum any serious NIV Applicant should go through. Those are "hoardable" videos just in case they don't know, for them (the videos) to be put up there? We don try finish be that Na. Kudos Sis!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amalab30(m): 11:00am On Jul 05, 2016
Hello and good morning lovely people. I currently have 2 passports. One expired and one valid. The signature I used on the first is different from the 2nd, they are both Virgin passports.

Please does this pose any risk to my chances of getting granted VISA as I am married and have a beautiful daughter and we are all travelling for vacation 'when' grated VISA August (that's our interview month) here in Abuja.

I expect a reply soon.

Thank you lovely people.

Special thanks to @Lady G.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 12:51pm On Jul 05, 2016
amalab30:
Hello and good morning lovely people. I currently have 2 passports. One expired and one valid. The signature I used on the first is different from the 2nd, they are both Virgin passports.

Please does this pose any risk to my chances of getting granted VISA as I am married and have a beautiful daughter and we are all travelling for vacation 'when' grated VISA August (that's our interview month) here in Abuja.

I expect a reply soon.

Thank you lovely people.

Primarily your signature is your name or identifier written in your own hand. Whether you have one distinct signature or several of them is not as important as the intent with which you use different signatures. If you're under suspicion of trying to hide your identity or of committing fraud, then the fact that you have different signatures may be seen as circumstantial evidence of your intent to hide your identity or to commit a crime.

The critical matter and expected question should the visa officer decides to check is the reason why you have two different signatures on one document and the uses to which the signatures are put.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amalab30(m): 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
Thank you. I appreciate your detailed reply. No suspicious intent whatsoever. My Int'l Passport was used to open my GT Bank account years back, after it expired and there was ATM fraud on my account, I filled the Update form an tried to change my PIN and signature hence the signature on my new passport.

I think I can explain this also to the VO if a question is raised.

FrontPageLawyer:

Primarily your signature is your name or identifier written in your own hand. Whether you have one distinct signature or several of them is not as important as the intent with which you use different signatures. If you're under suspicion of trying to hide your identity or of committing fraud, then the fact that you have different signatures may be seen as circumstantial evidence of your intent to hide your identity or to commit a crime.

The critical matter and expected question should the visa officer decides to check is the reason why you have two different signatures on one document and the uses to which the signatures are put.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:28pm On Jul 05, 2016
@amalab(na malaria medicine? cheesy)
No issues. Your biodata remains the same...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
amalab30:

I expect a reply soon.

Thank you lovely people.

You mean both Passport are not used for traveling at anytime? You should continue with the signature on the new passport and good luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
amalab30:

I expect a reply soon.

Thank you lovely people.

One more thing.. Have you applied for U.S visa before?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2016
@amalab30 Since you've not travel with the previous passport why bother taking it to the embassy?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 3:50pm On Jul 05, 2016
shrekandfiona:

Lol cheesy your/hubby's story means no lies/discrepancy in your initial ds form, interview et all. That is hope you did as you stated in your form/ interview.

For example, if you filled duration of stay as 2 weeks and you ended up spending 2 months, it's a red flag. If you filled going to Chicago and you ended up going to alaska, another red flag etc.

My very big fear!
Hi, what if one gets a cheaper ticket for that other route? Yes, one can buy a connecting ticket and show at POE but the stamp of another route will show in your passport if you need to renew. Abi one will send the ticket as evidence when renewing?
Please, what can one do in this instance? Thank you

Your very 1st visit should tally with what you filled/said during your interview. Subsequent visits may deviate.

That is what i mean by clean story. Cheers smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Itstyme(m): 4:05pm On Jul 05, 2016
As much as it's being said on here that having a close family member in the States doesn't deter u from getting a US tourist visa but unfortunately otherwise was the case this morning. Transcript as follows.;

V.O: Good morning (with all smiles)
Me: Good morning ma'am ( def filled with smiles too)
V.O: Why and were are you going to in the United States?
Me: To attend the Unconventional Resources Technology Conference 2016 in San Antonio, Texas and would also be visiting my wife after the conference.
V.O: What's your residential status in the country?
Me: Student
V.O Duration of the Conference?
Me: August 1-3rd
V.O: Do you know anyone in the United States?
Me: Yes! My wife.
V.O: What's her status in the States, what does she do and were does she live in the States?
Me: Registered Nurse, LPR and lives in Atlanta
V.O: How many times have you seen each other after she left your home country
Me: Twice
V.O: Where else have you being to?
Me: United Arab Emirates, Nigeria and Netherlands and Greece
V.O: I am very sorry and I need you to understand what am about to say. Looking at your information you seem qualified for a visa and I would have loved to issue you one but your wife’s presence in the United States had cost you this. IT WILL BE VERY HARD for you to get a tourist visa BECAUSE YOUR WIFE is in the United States. Please kindly tell her to put in your papers for the IV.
Me: *cuts in* I do understand but this trip isn't majorly on visiting my wife. The conference is much needed to meet up with a Professor in relation to my forthcoming internship.
V.O: I do understand but like I said your wife’s presence in the United States ........... Go ahead and put in for your IV.

This is my second time. First application was in 2014 also for a conference and btw then and now, a lot had changed in my situation. There was actually no intention to stay after the said stated date in the ds160 form.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
@mamateniola1
We all know that Newyork is the closest American city to Nigeria so tickets to NY from Naija is cheap. Most people I know (me inclusive) stop at newyork then take a connecting flight/bus/train to our final destination.

What i meant from my post is if your final destination defers from what you filled in your DS form. Example is you filled you're going to Atlanta for a 2 weeks conference, you can land in newyork, spend a day or two and proceed to atlanta nothing spoil. But if you now land in North dakota and spend 2 months then come back to naija, it gives room for questions.

Fret not dear as long as you're doing the right thing smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
Itstyme:
As much as it's being said on here that having a close family member in the States doesn't deter u from getting a US tourist visa but unfortunately otherwise was the case this morning. Transcript as follows.;

This is my second time. First application was in 2014 also for a conference and btw then and now, a lot had changed in my situation. There was actually no intention to stay after the said stated date in the ds160 form.
Sorry for your refusal. In my opinion being a student is not a strong enough tie to your country of residence. Why don't you wait till you get a well paid job before reapplying?

When I read your transcript I was of the opinion that you can always abandon your studies for the US. Then imagine what the VO thinks...

What country by the way?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 4:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
Itstyme:

V.O: Good morning (with all smiles)
Me: Good morning ma'am ( def filled with smiles too)
V.O: Why and were are you going to in the United States?
Me: To attend the Unconventional Resources Technology Conference 2016 in San Antonio, Texas and would also be visiting my wife after the conference.
V.O: What's your residential status in the country?
Me: Student
V.O Duration of the Conference?
Me: August 1-3rd
V.O: Do you know anyone in the United States?
Me: Yes! My wife.
V.O: What's her status in the States, what does she do and were does she live in the States?
Me: Registered Nurse, LPR and lives in Atlanta
V.O: How many times have you seen each other after she left your home country
Me: Twice
V.O: Where else have you being to?
Me: United Arab Emirates, Nigeria and Netherlands and Greece
V.O: I am very sorry and I need you to understand what am about to say. Looking at your information you seem qualified for a visa and I would have loved to issue you one but your wife’s presence in the United States had cost you this. IT WILL BE VERY HARD for you to get a tourist visa BECAUSE YOUR WIFE is in the United States. Please kindly tell her to put in your papers for the IV.
Me: *cuts in* I do understand but this trip isn't majorly on visiting my wife. The conference is much needed to meet up with a Professor in relation to my forthcoming internship.
V.O: I do understand but like I said your wife’s presence in the United States ........... Go ahead and put in for your IV.

Having a family member especially spouse in US makes it more difficult to qualify for none immigrant visa , but definitely not makes it a blanket no! some people with a very strong ties at home still get granted.
its expected that it ll be more difficult if you have a spouse than siblings.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bass450: 4:57pm On Jul 05, 2016
This interview wasn't done in Abuja or Lag?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by scapopo1: 5:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
House good day,I will start filling my ds 160 today but dere is a part to fill for me and my wife concerning sponsorship can I write both of us or me alone cos I'm an engineer in multnational and she is a special educator.we both earn 250k n 115k respectively. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Itstyme(m): 5:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
shrekandfiona:

Sorry for your refusal. In my opinion being a student is not a strong enough tie to your country of residence. Why don't you wait till you get a well paid job before reapplying?

When I read your transcript I was of the opinion that you can always abandon your studies for the US. Then imagine what the VO thinks...

What country by the way?

I do understand your point but if you read the transcript properly, being a student wasn't the reason for refusal but just because I have my spouse who lives in the United States. Other two colleagues whom we attended the interview together also single, got approved for the same conference. Country is Turkey and not in Nigeria. We were all Nigerians.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2016
Itstyme:

I do understand your point but if you read the transcript properly, being a student wasn't the reason for refusal but just because I have my spouse who lives in the United States. Other two colleagues whom we attended the interview together also single, got approved for the same conference. Country is Turkey and not in Nigeria. We were all Nigerians.

SMH! Always, always like a Carmel passing through the eye of a needle, always so. Whew, pretty sorry dude! #DifficultButPossibleThough

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80