Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,637 members, 7,840,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1541990 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mary166: 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2016
Hello Nairalanders, please I will like to know if ds160 can still be checked and view after it has been submitted and appointment has been scheduled, I don't have the ds 160 copy due to the printing error, I just want to check and view some information hope it won't change anything from the application. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2016
Itstyme:

Oh yea? Thanks for the heads up. Appreciate.

Let her file for you, it puts you on the queue.
As soon as she becomes a US citizen she informs USCIS of a change in status then you jump the queue so there is no harm filing now.

But as it is in your case file VO has already said plainly that your wife should file IV for you.

This is the link for July visa bulletin https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2016/visa-bulletin-for-july-2016.html

You would be under category F2A so if your wife had filed for you in 2014 then your case would have been current now, its about a 2 year wait for spouses of LPR. Remember your wait could even be shorter because as if your wife becomes a US citizen during that time then your 2 year wait is greatly shortened.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nk20: 6:47pm On Jul 06, 2016
Please I applied for visiting visa with my 2kids (age 3 years, 8months )without my husband. Please what are my chances of getting visa. My immediate families(3 brothers )are in the US and I included it in my DS 160 form. Thanks all as I await your response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 7:28pm On Jul 06, 2016
nk20:
Please I applied for visiting visa with my 2kids (age 3 years, 8months )without my husband. Please what are my chances of getting visa. My immediate families(3 brothers )are in the US and I included it in my DS 160 form. Thanks all as I await your response

It will all depend on your strong proofs that you will return home.
What are your brothers doing in USA? Dot they have green card or something else?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Chelseafan1: 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2016
worry359:

Ties to PROVE that you will return home.

Nothing else matters!
Unless you get this sorted you will be refused for 214b.

Bro, kindly help me out too, I'm also going for a wedding in Michigan and id like to see my aunt and stay for like 3 weeks b4 coming back home, my mom and younger bro are both here in naija, we have a family business of which my mom has made me the head, I have an ID card to that effect, I just finished serving, so I started work last May and have like 300k in my account as savings, (do you think it will be enough) my aunt is paying for my flight ticket,shes a US citizen, has a kid and is happily married too, I only paid for the passport and Visa fee, like 80k, never left naija b4, its a new passport, the groom actually filled the form for me and told me my interview date has been fixed for August, I have 2 plots of land too and I'm planning to go for the interview with these documents, I have architecture projects im currently supervising, do you all these are strong ties, what are my chances please, what else should I prepare for?
Thanks.
Cc madam LadyGuinivere
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
Pele ti e!!!! Hummmm

LadyGuinivere:

The stopover before ya leg touch America, they l transfer ya bag. But the second you andd your winchcraft bags grin arrive US/POE, u must go and carry all ya kaya o! After clearance, u carry your bag and check in to the next flight. So if dem wan deport u cheesy , e no go hard to fling ur bag back on board tongue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nk20: 8:57pm On Jul 06, 2016
Ok thanks for your reply. I have 3 brothers in US, one is a citizen, another is a permanent resident and the last is a student
worry359:

It will all depend on your strong proofs that you will return home.
What are your brothers doing in USA? Dot they have green card or something else?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by barnaby04(m): 9:47pm On Jul 06, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Bro, kindly help me out too, I'm also going for a wedding in Michigan and id like to see my aunt and stay for like 3 weeks b4 coming back home, my mom and younger bro are both here in naija, we have a family business of which my mom has made me the head, I have an ID card to that effect, I just finished serving, so I started work last May and have like 300k in my account as savings, (do you think it will be enough) my aunt is paying for my flight ticket,shes a US citizen, has a kid and is happily married too, I only paid for the passport and Visa fee, like 80k, never left naija b4, its a new passport, the groom actually filled the form for me and told me my interview date has been fixed for August, I have 2 plots of land too and I'm planning to go for the interview with these documents, I have architecture projects im currently supervising, do you all these are strong ties, what are my chances please, what else should I prepare for?
Thanks.
Cc madam LadyGuinivere

Getting a US visa depends on how you present your case and also, how the VO analyse the case before he/she. First and formost, be prepared to answer these questions;

1. What are you going to do in US?

2. What do you do/ How much do you earn?

3. Have you travelled before?

4. Who is funding the trip?

The moment you can provide convincing answers to these questions , be rest assured that you are good. But a major thing you should note is that getting a visa is a 50-50 thing and also, granting of visa is at the discretion of a VO. You could be over qualified in every sense but when the VO is not just satisfied with what he/she has at hand, guy, the VO will deny such application.

A tip I will give you is that, if you are asked what you do, simply respond that you run and manage the family line of business, from this, am very sure the VO will want you to make a clear explanation of the type of business is in question here. Your getting a visa now depends on what you say here if you are able to make clear and convincing points.

Wish you the best of luck!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Chelseafan1: 12:31am On Jul 07, 2016
barnaby04:

Getting a US visa depends on how you present your case and also, how the VO analyse the case before he/she. First and formost, be prepared to answer these questions;

1. What are you going to do in US?

2. What do you do/ How much do you earn?

3. Have you travelled before?

4. Who is funding the trip?

The moment you can provide convincing answers to these questions , be rest assured that you are good. But a major thing you should note is that getting a visa is a 50-50 thing and also, granting of visa is at the discretion of a VO. You could be over qualified in every sense but when the VO is not just satisfied with what he/she has at hand, guy, the VO will deny such application.

A tip I will give you is that, if you are asked what you do, simply respond that you run and manage the family line of business, from this, am very sure the VO will want you to make a clear explanation of the type of business is in question here. Your getting a visa now depends on what you say here if you are able to make clear and convincing points.

Wish you the best of luck!!!

Tnx for the swift response boss, as per what are you going to do in the USA, which of these answers is most appropriate.

1. I'm going for a wedding and would also like to visit my Aunt
2. I'm going for a wedding and for tourism too.
3. I just wanna visit my aunt and spend some time with her family b4 going back.

Even me, ds my answers dey fear me, make VO no kon say how important are you to the couple that you had to attend a days wedding just to honour them.....cheesy cheesy

If he had included me as one of the grooms men, maybe dt could av been better.

Omobendel24,kindly help a bro pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Itstyme(m): 2:07am On Jul 07, 2016
salsera:

Let her file for you, it puts you on the queue.
As soon as she becomes a US citizen she informs USCIS of a change in status then you jump the queue so there is no harm filing now.

But as it is in your case file VO has already said plainly that your wife should file IV for you.

This is the link for July visa bulletin https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2016/visa-bulletin-for-july-2016.html

You would be under category F2A so if your wife had filed for you in 2014 then your case would have been current now, its about a 2 year wait for spouses of LPR. Remember your wait could even be shorter because as if your wife becomes a US citizen during that time then your 2 year wait is greatly shortened.

Thank you for the detailed info.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FabioRomani: 2:24am On Jul 07, 2016
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FabioRomani: 2:25am On Jul 07, 2016
Please help,

My wife and I were issued a b1/b2 visa in May and the travel date we filled on the ds160 form is August 2, however my wife just discovered that she is 3 weeks pregnant (please note that she wasn't pregnant as at the time of interview because we were asked if she was pregnant).

My wife and I have decided to have our baby in the U.S, and my questions are as follows:

1. Please is it wrong? Given that she wasn't pregnant during the interview
2. Is it wrong if we don't travel on the exact date we specified on the ds160 form?

Cheers.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ademat7(m): 6:25am On Jul 07, 2016
Good day house
I'm a graduate of soil science and land management presently working in a greenhouse however my sister wanted me to travel to US for work and other patrol
the man that will be helping me with the processing is a resident in US,he said he is going to say I'm a worker in his firm in Nigeria (Atlas copco:construction and engineering firm) and they seek expansion et al that's why they need me also he said there will be communication between his firm and US embassy...
PS; my fear is that I have no travel history but fund to pursue the travel is available
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:22am On Jul 07, 2016
FabioRomani:
Please help,

My wife and I were issued a b1/b2 visa in May and the travel date we filled on the ds160 form is August 2, however my wife just discovered that she is 3 weeks pregnant (please note that she wasn't pregnant as at the time of interview because we were asked if she was pregnant).

My wife and I have decided to have our baby in the U.S, and my questions are as follows:

2. Is it wrong if we don't travel on the exact date we specified on the ds160 form?

Cheers.
No, it's not wrong, but let your wife (this ought to be both of you anyways, but for cost and risk minimizing purposes) at least go to the US for whatever purpose that visa was granted and come back then go back later for birthing, satisfying the "burden of proof" thingy. Avoid stories that touches subsequently!

2. Not wrong too, if my assumptions are correct. However, let her make the first trip soonest (I say this just because of the circumstance that surrounds your case, i.e. the pregnancy).
I understand that you may have said the whole truth and her EDD may be as far as March/April next year to justify same, but you don't want anybody hanging what you really don't understand on your neck when the time comes, right? All these I advise based on the fact that birthing was never the purpose of visa issuance, you may do well to use the visa wisely and judiciously!

Visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3022823/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures for further enquiries though.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 7:27am On Jul 07, 2016
Ademat7:
Good day house
I'm a graduate of soil science and land management presently working in a greenhouse however my sister wanted me to travel to US for work and other patrol
the man that will be helping me with the processing is a resident in US,he said he is going to say I'm a worker in his firm in Nigeria (Atlas copco:construction and engineering firm) and they seek expansion et al that's why they need me also he said there will be communication between his firm and US embassy...
PS; my fear is that I have no travel history but fund to pursue the travel is available
Did you really just put that company's name up there? I'm enjoying this. Just forget that being resident in the US talk first, so? Seek expansion as in? Communication between them ke? Okay oh!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:24am On Jul 07, 2016
nk20:
You need a consent letter from your husband and why is he not applying with you?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:32am On Jul 07, 2016
Ademat7:
Good day house
Sharp guy/girl grin grin grin grin I'm sure you formed the atlas copco..right. You're on your own and it's not by force to go to U.S why bother with lying? Why can't your sister file for you?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 10:37am On Jul 07, 2016
If i were the VO, i will ask whether there are no qualified engineers for the expansion.

Why not using the available fund to establish yourself first and then apply on your own much later when you are qualified?

Ademat7:
Good day house
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 10:40am On Jul 07, 2016
IMO, she should go or both of you should go and come back at the stated time.

FabioRomani:
Please help,

Cheers.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 10:44am On Jul 07, 2016
I greet una oh. How is the holiday going? More of these kin holiday IJN(amen).

Pls, who has flown Egyptair before?

Who don hear about KIWI too? Lolll. *goes back to continue search for cheap airlines*
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nk20: 12:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
seyewest:
You need a consent letter from your husband and why is he not applying with you?
Thank you. My husband is very busy at work and my elder sister will also be coming from Germany with her children so it's like a family reunion. This is what I intend to tell the VO When ask why husband is not traveling with me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
nk20:
Thank you. My husband is very busy at work and my elder sister will also be coming from Germany with her children so it's like a family reunion. This is what I intend to tell the VO When ask why husband is not traveling with me.
You do not need a consent letter to travel with your kids.
You must not travel with your husband.
All you need is a genuine reason for travel and genuine explantions for any questions asked.
If in doubt, please watch the video on page zero
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
mamateniola1:
I greet una oh. How is the holiday going? More of these kin holiday IJN(amen).

Pls, who has flown Egyptair before?

Who don hear about KIWI too? Lolll. *goes back to continue search for cheap airlines*
Have u considered going by boat? tongue
Shebi u wanted me to look for trouble cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by queenstana: 2:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
My greetings to all da gurus in d house. I appplied for b1b2 visa with my daughter 2months plus old to visit my uncle in U.S. Not going with my husband and my first child. Am a banker...6digits salary. My maternity leave s 3months plus a month peNding leave in which I want to spend 14days to US. Now my question s how will I convince d CO about this knowing fully well dt my maternity leave will soon expire. 2. Best answer for why do u want to visit U.S. 3. Still using my maiden name as my daughter s bearing her dad surname. I have bin to ghana and tanzania. Pls kinDly advice n what r my chances? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Chelseafan1: 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
LagosNIV:

So is the goal to visit the U.S. legally? Or is the goal to illegally enter the United States no matter what the cost?
One requires you to be honest, and maybe you aren't qualified - you can always reapply when you are eligible.
The other is a crime that can result in you being arrested and possibly banned from the United States with permanent repercussions.

As LadyG has mentioned, we look at the totality of the circumstances. On the surface, visiting your online girlfriend is kind of weak. Concealing information on your application, though, is far worse. I would hate for anyone to get a 5-year ban at the port of entry and have to get back on the plane at their own expense because someone advised them to lie about something that doesn't really matter.

Hello Mr VO sir, I intend visiting my aunt who's a citizen and married also, im gonna attend a wedding function too, its my first time visiting, what are my chances, I av my fiancee in Naija and I have a job I can't afford to leave too, I'll definitely come back home.
What are my chances, what do I prepare for.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Tnx for the swift response boss, as per what are you going to do in the USA, which of these answers is most appropriate.

1. I'm going for a wedding and would also like to visit my Aunt
2. I'm going for a wedding and for tourism too.
3. I just wanna visit my aunt and spend some time with her family b4 going back.

Even me, ds my answers dey fear me, make VO no kon say how important are you to the couple that you had to attend a days wedding just to honour them.....cheesy cheesy

If he had included me as one of the grooms men, maybe dt could av been better.

Omobendel24,kindly help a bro pls

Wish I could help bro! Really don't know how to believe you will go and return back considering my evaluation of your personal circumstances and financial standing. Are you really an architect for starters? Why not build yourself some bit more? Who is this groom and who is he to you? Why are you not having a key role to play at the wedding? Is he in Michigan too as your aunty? Why is your aunty sponsoring you to attend his wedding? IMO, going to visit your aunty carries more weight than going to the US for that wedding anyways, just turn that your first planned answer the other way round. Single, no travel history at all, fresh out of school (post-NYSC, I know), no clear-cut source of income, are all too many factors that may work against this pursuit of yours at this material time if I'm to be frank with you. Build yourself some more, just give it time and build. Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by soleexx(m): 2:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
Afternoon sir...I need your help on these...
My dad has visit The US two times...and currently still in the US now receiving a treatment on his health...he will be back home soon...and plan to travel back to the US with his 25year old son...for the sake of assistant due to his old age and inability to do some home work by him self...what are the chances of his son getting a visa? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.