Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,476 members, 7,850,648 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:42 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1545487 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Chelseafan1: 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Wish I could help bro! Really don't know how to believe you will go and return back considering my evaluation of your personal circumstances and financial standing. Are you really an architect for starters? Why not build yourself some bit more? Who is this groom and who is he to you? Why are you not having a key role to play at the wedding? Is he in Michigan too as your aunty? Why is your aunty sponsoring you to attend his wedding? IMO, going to visit your aunty carries more weight than going to the US for that wedding anyways, just turn that your first planned answer the other way round. Single, no travel history at all, fresh out of school (post-NYSC, I know), no clear-cut source of income, are all too many factors that may work against this pursuit of yours at this material time if I'm to be frank with you. Build yourself some more, just give it time and build. Regards

Thanks and yes, I studied architecture.
Maybe I should just state that, I'm going on 2-week vacation
I'm planning to tell him/her that I have a fiancee back home and that I am also OK with my job.
My aunt wants to pay for the ticket just to relieve me.
I'll also make sure I have 300k in my bank account with my ATM card with me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ademat7(m): 2:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
seyewest:
Sharp guy/girl grin grin grin grin I'm sure you formed the atlas copco..right. You're on your own and it's not by force to go to U.S why bother with lying? Why can't your sister file for you?
Google is ur friend now; so why disgrace yourself about the firm's name? by the way thanks for stopping by
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 2:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ademat7:

Google is ur friend now; so why disgrace yourself about the firm's name? by the way thanks for stopping by

You want to work in US? You need a H1b visa that the employer will have to file for on your behalf. There is an annual quota and I'm pretty sure it's almost full since we are in July.

Problem is, the visa is mostly for very valuable people that they cannot get to fill the position in US. Please mention, how valuable are you such that they need your skill so badly, they cannot get it in the 50 states of US?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Thanks and yes, I studied architecture.
Maybe I should just state that, I'm going on 2-week vacation
I'm planning to tell him/her that I have a fiancee back home and that I am also OK with my job.
My aunt wants to pay for the ticket just to relieve me.
I'll also make sure I have 300k in my bank account with my ATM card with me.
These put together makes up the personal circumstances I talked about. What will make you leave the US? What is it that will highly make you not want to forgo Naija for the US? These? E no go fly my brother!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by queenstana: 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
My greetings to all da gurus in d house. I appplied for b1b2 visa with my daughter 2months plus old to visit my uncle in U.S. Not going with my husband and my first child. Am a banker...6digits salary. My maternity leave s 3months plus a month peNding leave. I mean a month remaing in which I want to spend 14days out of it to US. Now my question s how will I convince d CO about this .2. Best answer for why do u want to visit U.S. 3. Still using my maiden name as my daughter s bearing her dad surname. I have bin to ghana and tanzania. Pls kinDly advice n what r my chances? House pls help a sister

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Chelseafan1: 2:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
OmoBendel24:

These put together makes up the personal circumstances I talked about. What will make you leave the US? What is it that will highly make you not want to forgo Naija for the US? These? E no go fly my brother!

Lol.....wahala dey o, na dem sabi sef, appointment date has been booked already, I'm not even crazy about going again.....mtchewww, na my 48k wey I pay for visa and all other expenses go pain me pass, but nothing spoil, its an experience. cheesy cheesy

My appointment is fixed for mid August, May God have his way, I'm done researching and troubling myself, whatever the outcome is, I'll take it in good faith.

B4 my passport expires in 2021, I'll look for an African country or UAE to travel to, make America dey one side with their wahala.
Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 3:02pm On Jul 07, 2016
Yipieeeeeee, she yaf come out!!! Loll
*E-hugs for you sis.

Infact, if boat is cheaper, will try it. Loll. How are you?

LadyGuinivere:

Have u considered going by boat? tongue
Shebi u wanted me to look for trouble cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2016
queenstana:
My greetings to all da gurus in d house. I appplied for b1b2 visa with my daughter 2months plus old to visit my uncle in U.S. Not going with my husband and my first child. Am a banker...6digits salary. My maternity leave s 3months plus a month peNding leave in which I want to spend 14days to US. Now my question s how will I convince d CO about this knowing fully well dt my maternity leave will soon expire. 2. Best answer for why do u want to visit U.S. 3. Still using my maiden name as my daughter s bearing her dad surname. I have bin to ghana and tanzania. Pls kinDly advice n what r my chances? Thanks
1. When do u intend to travel? Within the maternity leave period? If that is the truth, then if asked u state that
2. You shouldnt ask that question. If u want to visit the US, u should have a reason. Looking for a 'best answer' is what makes folks fail.u rehearse . Its not a part of u. If u want to visit your uncle, that is your best reason
3. Travelling in your maiden name is not an issue. My passport is still in my maiden name, eons after my marriage. Again, folks travel with their kids , with different surnames
There's a video on page zero. PLEASE watch it.
4. Only the vo knows your chances of getting a visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mamateniola1: 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
Modified: okay, go with that spirit. Whichever way the interview goes, its a way forward for you. All the best!

Chelseafan1:

Hello Mr VO sir, I intend visiting my aunt who's a citizen and married also, im gonna attend a wedding function too, its my first time visiting, what are my chances, I av my fiancee in Naija and I have a job I can't afford to leave too, I'll definitely come back home.
What are my chances, what do I prepare for.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Chelseafan1: 3:22pm On Jul 07, 2016
mamateniola1:

Modified: okay, go with that spirit. Whichever way the interview goes, its a way forward for you. All the best!

Kindly tell me ur post b4 modifying it. cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by queenstana: 3:34pm On Jul 07, 2016
@ladyG thanks for ur kind reply. God bless u.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by juliet002: 3:43pm On Jul 07, 2016
Hi good people of NL

I've been going through this thread but haven't seen a case like mine so please help...

I got married early this year, pregnant now and really showing. I want to apply for a visa for child birth but I'm worried as I'm not working yet. My husband is sponsoring the trip but I'm still worried because they say the VO needs to believe I have something coming back to other than hubby. I'm doing my post grad midwifery now, will finish by September and NYSC follows in October or March next year. Would really appreciate the help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 3:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
juliet002:
Hi good people of NL

I've been going through this thread but haven't seen a case like mine so please help...

I got married early this year, pregnant now and really showing. I want to apply for a visa for child birth but I'm worried as I'm not working yet. My husband is sponsoring the trip but I'm still worried because they say the VO needs to believe I have something coming back to other than hubby. I'm doing my post grad midwifery now, will finish by September and NYSC follows in October or March next year. Would really appreciate the help.

No much issues, visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3022823/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by juliet002: 3:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
Secondly, does it matter that I haven't traveled outside the country before?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 4:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
juliet002:
Secondly, does it matter that I haven't traveled outside the country before?
Hi, nope it doesn't matter if you aren't working neither does your lack of travel experience matters.

What matters is the TRUTH. Follow the link omobendel24 posted and you'll be better informed. Start reading from part 1.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbuddie: 4:08pm On Jul 07, 2016
mamateniola1:
Yipieeeeeee, she yaf come out!!! Loll
*E-hugs for you sis.

Infact, if boat is cheaper, will try it. Loll. How are you?

Are u sure u really want to buy these tickets? D closer ur travel time d more expensive d tickets except u get a promo ticket Wch isn't common during summer. Oya go board boat like lady G suggested, u go reach after ur intended dates of travel tongue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
nk20:
Thank you. My husband is very busy at work and my elder sister will also be coming from Germany with her children so it's like a family reunion. This is what I intend to tell the VO When ask why husband is not traveling with me.
it does not hurt to have her data page with you when going for interview. I believe your reason for going without husband is good enough.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
queenstana:

My greetings to all da gurus in d house. I appplied for b1b2 visa with my daughter 2months plus old to visit my uncle in U.S. Not going with my husband and my first child. Am a banker...6digits salary. My maternity leave s 3months plus a month peNding leave. I mean a month remaing in which I want to spend 14days out of it to US. Now my question s how will I convince d CO about this .2. Best answer for why do u want to visit U.S. 3. Still using my maiden name as my daughter s bearing her dad surname. I have bin to ghana and tanzania. Pls kinDly advice n what r my chances? House pls help a sister
Sorry dear am neither a VO nor a visa coach but I just have to chip in my analysis.

Why on earth will i wanna issue a visa to a nursing mum of a 2 month old infant just to visit an uncle within her 3 months maternity leave period when she's meant to be resting and preparing to resume work?

People visit New mums not the other way round. And why do you wanna stress a newly born baby for a 14 day across the globe visitation? I will rather think otherwise.

I am sorry but this is only my opinion and not a fact.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by shrekandfiona: 4:16pm On Jul 07, 2016
Kbuddie:

Are u sure u really want to buy these tickets? D closer ur travel time d more expensive d tickets except u get a promo ticket Wch isn't common during summer. Oya go board boat like lady G suggested, u go reach after ur intended dates of travel tongue
Couldn't resist lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
On a serious note now @mamateniola
Have u considered flights from ghana? Cotonou and other neighbouring countries? Add the extra hotel and tp and see if e make sense
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hardeybaba: 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
Good day Sir,
I am kinda new here but i have a question which i would be glad if you can enlighten me on.....Ok....I have a US citizen has my fiance and we are planning on getting wedded soon..Though she has not visited Nigeria before, i am going over to join her and live happily thereafter....I was denied a B1/B2 visa few months back where i apply to attend a frends wedding due to non strong ties...But has it is now...what document do i really need as she will be responsible for the funding and i will be staying in her apartment...so, how do i go about it or what document does she needs to send since we are yet to get married
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 5:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
hardeybaba:
Good day Sir,
I am kinda new here but i have a question which i would be glad if you can enlighten me on.....Ok....I have a US citizen has my fiance and we are planning on getting wedded soon..Though she has not visited Nigeria before, i am going over to join her and live happily thereafter....I was denied a B1/B2 visa few months back where i apply to attend a frends wedding due to non strong ties...But has it is now...what document do i really need as she will be responsible for the funding and i will be staying in her apartment...so, how do i go about it or what document does she needs to send since we are yet to get married

You will not be issued a visa with that story.
You will be rejected under section 214B as an intending migrant.

If this is to succeed she must come to Nigeria to marry you.
Then she returns home and petitions for you.

No short cuts and you will be checked to prevent fraudulent marriage just for visa.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2016
hardeybaba:
Good day Sir,
As Worry said...I concur
Then to answer your question. You do NOT need any documents for B visa. They won't ask u for any . I'm rather surprised that even after been interviewed before, you are still asking this question.
But I'm not a VO. However u can watch them say it live. There's a video on page 1. Please invest a few minutes. E go pay you pass
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

As Worry said...I concur
Then to answer your question. You do NOT need any documents for B visa. They won't ask u for any . I'm rather surprised that even after been interviewed before, you are still asking this question.
But I'm not a VO. However u can watch them say it live. There's a video on page 1. Please invest a few minutes. E go pay you pass

Attention @LadyGuinivere: Was signalling you via the help of mentions before. The other video's easy and correct link is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUq5yqK2ylY, kindly modify in page 0 as amended. Thanks, and regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Attention @LadyGuinivere: Was signalling you via the help of mentions before. The other video's easy and correct link is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUq5yqK2ylY, kindly modify in page 0 as amended. Thanks, and regards
Is this one different from the one you posted earlier/ I already posted?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Is this one different from the one you posted earlier/ I already posted?

Same video but somebody opened that one in his tablet with many journeys involved and I also did with another gadget to no easy avail. Was wondering and said to post the youtube version instead.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FabioRomani: 10:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
Greetings my good people.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
Ademat7:

You need to go back to your previous post..The way you word it is vague... No one is disgracing anybody here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:54pm On Jul 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
On a serious note now @mamateniola
Have u considered flights from ghana? Cotonou and other neighbouring countries? Add the extra hotel and tp and see if e make sense
If you are actually looking for a cheap flight from West Africa it will be Cote D Ivoire... Airfrance is the way to go and they make use of the Airbus A380 to fly out of West Africa grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.