Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536375 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:03am On Oct 18, 2016
reginabellca:
Hi good people,

I want to apply for a us visa.

I am married but my husband can't apply now as he lied about his employment.so am applying alone

I am employed

I have visited Ghana, Dubai and the U.K.

How best do I apply?
By filling the form with the truth irrespective of what you think is a disadvtange. It will not be in your best interests at all to misrepresent
If on the other hand, you feel you aren't qualified and u need to 'tweak' a few details then do not apply till you feel you are qualified.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Onedimple: 8:08pm On Oct 18, 2016
Our Transcript:

VO: Good morning
My wife and I: Good morning
VO: why are you going to the US?
My wife: family visit
VO: where are u going in the US?
my wife and I: Maryland (we echoed)
VO: Who is in Maryland?
My wife: my brother-in-law
(This time he turned towards me)
VO: You mean your brother
Me: yes, my elder brother
(his eyes on the screen)
VO: for how long are u guys married?
Me: we will be 4months tomorrow
VO: congratulations
My wife and I: Thanks
VO: Have you ever traveled before?
ME: yes, we have been to Ghana and Dubai together
VO: (He turned towards my wife) where do you work?
My wife: University of Ibadan
VO: How long have you been working there?
My wife: 4 years
VO: (still on my wife) what do u there?
My wife: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
VO: (He turned towards me now) where do you work?
Me: College of Agriculture (Non-Academic Staff0
VO: Can u explain what you do there?
Me: I'm an Architect. I design and develop buildings. I supervise building maintenance.....
(He took his eyes of the screen, looked down on the passports (old and new), selected the ones he needed, returned the old ones, handed us a the white paper with a circled address)

US Visa interview is actually easy, one needs to just be sincere. May God's grace speak for you. Wish everyone all the best.

15 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
mzjennypher:
hello gurus in the house weldone, pls i applied for us visa in july but was denied i was given the 214b paper the blue paper. tho my first time of applying for a visa never travelled out. i had to apply for south african visa which i got n wld be travelling later this month. i intend applying for uk visa in jan just to get mor travel history again but someone sed i can go ahead to apply for us again in jan instead of uk. pls house do u tink i shld go ahead to apply again next year or go to the uk (tho that wld be more spending).
@ustwise and everyone pls enlighten me.
Don't tell me you're actually traveling to these countries because of U.S visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:07pm On Oct 18, 2016
@LadyG and everybody I'm sorry about the derailment of the thread. Please accept my apologies.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
@Onedimple Congrats enjoy your stay and did the V.O asked abt ur salary?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Mclovin4(m): 11:07pm On Oct 18, 2016
i have a virgin passport,i m working with FMN plc and am single,i just want to visit USA december for my cousin wedding...really if they deny am not bothered all my details are intact....my interview is for Nov 15....so LadyG u awesome big thanks to you.....so don't worry will let u know how it goes.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bummi101: 6:55am On Oct 19, 2016
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bummi101: 7:02am On Oct 19, 2016
Following are some sample questions that can be asked at the H4 Visa Interview. These questions are compiled from experiences shared by people on the discussion forum. Since each case is different, you must prepare accordingly. There is bound to be a variation in the line of questioning during your interview. However, there are some questions that are almost always asked during the interview. The US consular may you just a few questions or ask you a ton of questions from the following list.
Please use this list of H4 Visa Interview questions as a preparation tool before facing your interview.

Questions about the H4 and H1B Visa
What type/kind of visa are you applying for?
When did your husband get his stamping?
Why do you need a visa to U.S.?
If you didn't go for the H4 interview with your spouse's H1B visa appt: Why did you not come with your husband for the interview?
If going after spouse has left to U.S.: Why did you not leave with your spouse or why are you coming today for visa when you got married earlier (or on so and so date)?
Who filed the visa application and where did you file it?
Who made the interview appointment?
How did you receive the documents?
I see that you have been rejected earlier, do you know why? (Possible question, if you have been rejected before)

Questions about Your Marriage
When did you get married or what is your date of marriage?
Did you have an arranged or love marriage?
When did you meet your spouse for the first time?
How did you meet your spouse?
Who arranged this marriage or how did you get this proposal?
Where did you get married?
Is your marriage registered?
Can I see some wedding photographs?
Questions about You
Where are you staying currently?
Who are you staying with?
Where will you stay in U.S.?
Who will bear the expenses while you are in U.S. or who will financially support you in the US?
Who will pay for your trip to the US?
Do any of your relatives/friends live in U.S.?

Questions about Your Spouse
What is your spouse's date of birth?
Which university did your spouse graduate from?
What is your spouse's highest degree?
Which company does your spouse work for?
Who is sponsoring in your spouse's H1?
Where is his employer located?
Where are his clients located?
What kind of work does your spouse do at the U.S. Company?
How long has your spouse been in U.S.?
How long has your spouse been working for the sponsoring company?
What will you do after your visa is completed/expired?
How much he is earning or what is the pay of your spouse or what is the annual income of your spouse?
Can I see some pay stubs from your spouse's paycheck?
Can I have a look at your spouse's bank statements?
Have your spouse applied for green card?
Can you please show me your tax returns, bank statements, play slips, etc.?

Tips
Keep a copy of all your documents.
Answer all questions clearly during the interview.
Do not stumble on words or look nervous. Do not double talk. The interviewer will immediately know that you are misrepresenting information.
Upon receiving your visa, carefully check for any kind of mistakes like name, date of birth, type of visa, validity date, etc.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bummi101: 7:05am On Oct 19, 2016
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bummi101: 7:11am On Oct 19, 2016
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Onedimple: 7:13am On Oct 19, 2016
Thanks and he didn't ask me.

seyewest:
@Onedimple Congrats enjoy your stay and did the V.O asked abt ur salary?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Onedimple: 7:22am On Oct 19, 2016
Hello house,

We(my wife and I) were only given one white paper. Can I(alone) pick our passports without her being present? because her work schedule may not allow her go with me. And does she need to fill the 'pick up by proxy' form printed on the back of the paper?

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by know: 8:08am On Oct 19, 2016
Pls house,from the little have read here,it seems entreprenueurs dont really stand a huge chance of securing a visa. More of the success stories here has been of employees and professionals. Why is it like that? What can an entrepreneur do additionally to boost his/her chances?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 8:23am On Oct 19, 2016
know:
Pls house,from the little have read here,it seems entreprenueurs dont really stand a huge chance of securing a visa. More of the success stories here has been of employees and professionals. Why is it like that? What can an entrepreneur do additionally to boost his/her chances?

You are using the word entrepreneur
but what you mean is HUSSLER!

Their success rate is low because they have been seen to be most likely to overstay
or become involved in illegal activities!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kunzo: 9:02am On Oct 19, 2016
Onedimple:
Hello house,

We(my wife and I) were only given one white paper. Can I(alone) pick our passports without her being present? because her work schedule may not allow her go with me. And does she need to fill the 'pick up by proxy' form printed on the back of the paper?

Thanks.

Yes, you can pick for her, just go with the photocopy of her id card. My wife collected mine for me too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by know: 9:16am On Oct 19, 2016
worry359:

You are using the word entrepreneur
but what you mean is HUSSLER!

Their success rate is low because they have been seen to be most likely to overstay
or become involved in illegal activities!

Then that will be an unfair categorisation..Not every entrepreneur wants to overstay as they are even making more money here; raking in millions with each turnover,employers of labour and dont renege on their tax obligations. Can one now decide to claim to be an employee in his own company to beat this unfair generalization?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Onedimple: 10:25am On Oct 19, 2016
Thank you. That's really helpful.
kunzo:

Yes, you can pick for her, just go with the photocopy of her id card. My wife collected mine for me too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:46am On Oct 19, 2016
know:
I feel your pov.
I believe its because when you are in paid employment, its easier to verify your details from an independent party (if need be) and neatly compartmentalise them, for egs, if I say I am an SEA at a bank, the vos have seen several of such, can easily guess how long they have worked, salary and benefits.
On the other hand, the business owner na e be boss, be staff, be visa applicant. If them wan ask kweshun, na who dey go ask? Business owners can just about claim anything as their income and profits.
What to do? Read the transcripts of successful business owners. One thing I noticed is that they are bold and upfromt in their interviews. Don't be timid or give one word answers. Impress your interviewer with your 'bossness' cheesy without being obnoxious I.e.

@bummi please these stuff your are posting has been posted before. Really.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by marcyemi(m): 10:48am On Oct 19, 2016
Glory be to God the interview was successful and approved. Ebami yin oluwa logo

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zambelambe: 11:09am On Oct 19, 2016
Good Morning

Greetings to the house.Please I need advice.I current have a US visa which expires in 5 months time and I have only used it once because of my job I do not really have time to travel my questions are 1, On my visit to the USA i opened an account with BOA. BANK OF AMERICA and put my sisters address but when I was filling the visa form I did not put that address I told them i would be staying in a hotel in New York but opened the account in California Although I stayed in New York for a while before preceding to California. Is it going to affect my visa re newer?Has any body been denied re newer base on this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:29am On Oct 19, 2016
zambelambe:
Good Morning

Greetings to the house.Please I need advice.I current have a US visa which expires in 5 months time and I have only used it once because of my job I do not really have time to travel my questions are 1, On my visit to the USA i opened an account with BOA. BANK OF AMERICA and put my sisters address but when I was filling the visa form I did not put that address I told them i would be staying in a hotel in New York but opened the account in California Although I stayed in New York for a while before preceding to California. Is it going to affect my visa re newer?Has any body been denied re newer base on this?
No
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Helenz234: 11:44am On Oct 19, 2016
Hello everyone
Please i need someone who is in need of a roommate, am in dallas... thanks guys
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 1:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
know:

Then that will be an unfair categorisation..Not every entrepreneur wants to overstay as they are even making more money here; raking in millions with each turnover,employers of labour and dont renege on their tax obligations. Can one now decide to claim to be an employee in his own company to beat this unfair generalization?

You want to use the word entrepreneur which people will see as HUSSLER.
If you have a genuine company paying taxes then why not say business owner?
If there is a proper company then even as the owner and sole trader you are an employee.
Is that a problem that you have to think up a new title for yourself?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
marcyemi:

Ogo grin grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 19, 2016
zambelambe:
Good Morning

Why did you open a bank account in the US?
You definitely know this is illegal as you're not a resident of the country neither do you have business dealings there.. Best of luck to you when you go for your visa renewal and also at the port of entry next time you visit..you lots never learn
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 1:47am On Oct 20, 2016
Marcy Yemi transcripts please. Congratst
marcyemi:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:16am On Oct 20, 2016
Ogbeche77:
Why did you open a bank account in the US?
You definitely know this is illegal as you're not a resident of the country neither do you have business dealings there.. Best of luck to you when you go for your visa renewal and also at the port of entry next time you visit..you lots never learn

It is NOT illegal to open an account in the US.
It may only be illegal in Nigeria if you are a public servant and disallowed from running foreign accounts.
A lot of Nigerians have US accounts and even tender the statements at poe as proof of funds...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 20, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

It is NOT illegal to open an account in the US.
It may only be illegal in Nigeria if you are a public servant and disallowed from running foreign accounts.
A lot of Nigerians have US accounts and even tender the statements at poe as proof of funds...
"Illegal" May not be the right word to use, but opening a bank account in the US on a B1 visa is a risk.. I have heard stories of frequent visitors who got refused at POE for this act because CBP officers thought they had an illegal job & steady income in the US.. I know of someone personally refused entry at POE because a CBP officer found "Bank of America" app on her phone & concluded she was working illegally on her previous visit..
It all depends on the discretion of the officer, and they are all trained to profile those with non immigrant visas as potential immigrants...
Inaddition, there are various ways to access your money from all around the world, it's 2016.. No one needs to open an American bank account
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:41am On Oct 20, 2016
Ogbeche77:
"Illegal" May not be the right word to use, but opening a bank account in the US on a B1 visa is a risk.. I have heard stories of frequent visitors who got refused at POE for this act because CBP officers thought they had an illegal job & steady income in the US.. I know of someone personally refused entry at POE because a CBP officer found "Bank of America" app on her phone & concluded she was working illegally on her previous visit..
It all depends on the discretion of the officer, and they are all trained to profile those with non immigrant visas as potential immigrants...
Inaddition, there are various ways to access your money from all around the world, it's 2016.. No one needs to open an American bank account
Yes. If one has an account and they check and see suspicious inflows, it would raise an issue. So kindly review the complete story of the person that gisted u. None of the people I know that have US accounts have had issues either at poe or renewal.

The truth remains that for as long as it is not illegal to open an account anywhere in the world, one can do so. Its freedom of choice. I can even decide to open a US account just to flaunt the ATM card, its my choice and perfectly legal.
They also benefit from it. Imagine one saving and leaving his money in a US account? That's the funds they trade with.
My only ish with with op is that his question ought to have been BEFORE he opened the account. Nigerians are in a habit of doing stuff without considering the legal ramifications then asking 'will I have any issues' later.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by captainugo: 7:01am On Oct 20, 2016
Pls lady G and my people I want to pay for the visa today,will I be given date before my travel date which is on 29th of November..Pls help me so I don't waste money..will they give me appointment before 26th of November

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.