Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534636 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 12:03am On Oct 14, 2016
amanonymous:
Yes my guy. Oct 25th it is!we shall be favoured in Jesus name. Amen. It's settled
what time is your appointment on the 25th guchi120?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KD007: 10:55am On Oct 14, 2016
Hello house, good morning every one. I'm new here pls, I want to know if there's anything I can do as a visitor in the state to be permanent and be able to work when I have a fiance as a citizen...
Thanks in adv.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbanti: 11:47am On Oct 14, 2016
Morning all,
i finally went for my interview today at abuja,a long story.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbanti: 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2016
Got to Abuja from Lagos on 10th i was supposed to be interviewed on 11th,we were screened in at 7..30 prompt .we were sitting and waiting one hour,2hour at 3rd hour a white lady came out and say,good morning all,we are sorry for keeping u guys waiting,our saver is down and we are waiting for rectification from DC.EHH ''watin be DC,one guy at my side said Washington DC.My head ring bell.so i have to wait for how long.after 30 minutes she came out again and said,we are sorry we still cant rectify the issue we are going to reschedule every one while we are working on our system,so she gave two options 1 if u know u want to wait step aside, if u know u want a reschedule step aside,i was doubting finally i choose to stay back,those that want reschedule she gave them yellow paper and ask them to come the following day.and we should wait.i was doing this because i was from Lagos and i have stayed in an hotel for a night i spent closed to 13000.
so we waited after an hour another white guy came out and said,we are sorry we still cant rectify our system by then it was closed to 3pm,finally i was reschedule for Friday morning ,another 3 days in Abuja without knowing any one,"so i decided to stroll out after getting back to my hotel room,na so i see one guy blowing Yoruba oo,as lagos boy na,i approach am,guy can i get a cheaper hotel around her he said yes,so we went,wen i got there them say it is 2500 per night i was happy and decided to pay, na so six ladies bursted out from all comers,BROS U NEED ROOM MATE MY BILL NO COST O,Haa oriyami eleko,i told the manager i was coming i never return there,so i talked to my Yoruba friend so he called his dad,i was accommodated for 3days,thank God i am on leave.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kbanti: 12:25pm On Oct 14, 2016
got there this morning,i was screed in did bio metrics and queue.

vo: good morning
me :good morning officer
vo: why are u going to Miami beech florida,
me: to attend a con. mentioned the name of the con
VO;Where do you work
me:Mentioned it.
vo:Are u on salary scale
me:Yes i am a permanent employee
Vo: are u married yes i have a daughter,
VO. Are u travelling with them
Me :no i am on official trip
VO:for how long have u been working
me: 6years 9 months
Your visa is approved
Meanwhile a lot of people were denied,a man was in my front he should be around 70 years of age,he over stayed his visa,and the old man was claiming he is not aware that he is old that he was just enjoying himself in US,the officer said his drop box required face to face that is why the asked him to schedule appointment Defended him self and he was issued.To Me abuja is more organised than lagos.
Thank to every one i learnt a lot here and "'pathtousa'"' an Indea Forum.

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by temmyt20(m): 12:34pm On Oct 14, 2016
went for interview 2day...was denied though. transcript below

vo: good morning, how ar u doing

me: am fine thnk u, and u?

vo: am fine. passport pls, what is d purpose of ur visit?

me: my cousin wil b getting married by December, wants me to b his best man

vo: #smiles, datz good. where do u work?

me: I work wth airtel nigeria as a customer care associate

vo: for hw long?

me: 3yrs

vo: ar u married?

me: no, bt getting married next yr.

vo: congratulations, however we wnt b approving ur visa now. apply when ur status has changed

me: thank u

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by prettyirene: 12:50pm On Oct 14, 2016
Truth is the US consulate has recently been denying a lot of people visa even when you have a genuine case of traveling to the US. I went for my interview on Wednesday and out of every 10 people that went for visa application, only one was given. I think it's due to the economic recession. They feel a lot of people want to leave the country. Its understandable and it's their country. Would advise peps to apply to other countries for holiday or resort.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2016
Guru's in the house? Why do u think temmy was not granted a visa? Your opinions please
temmyt20:
me: am fine thnk u, and u?
vo: am fine. passport pls, what is d purpose of ur visit?
me: my cousin wil b getting married by December, wants me to b his best man
vo: #smiles, datz good. where do u work?
me: I work wth airtel nigeria as a customer care associate
vo: for hw long?
me: 3yrs
vo: ar u married?
me: no, bt getting married next yr.
vo: congratulations, however we wnt b approving ur visa now. apply when ur status has changed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2016
amanonymous:
Guru's in the house? Why do u think temmy was not granted a visa? Your opinions please
my opinion is that I feel the purpose was the problem. His cousin wants to get married and he's the bestman " obviously he as a lot of friends who could cover that. Just my opinion.. it's sounds Somehw
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hopesprings: 2:14pm On Oct 14, 2016
amanonymous:

He likely doesn't earn enough (this is just based on my knowledge of what a customer care associate make on average). He also has a job that generally has quite a bit of turnover.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by temmyt20(m): 2:40pm On Oct 14, 2016
amanonymous:
i guess cos i was stl single cos d vo said immediately my status change, i can re apply #he even said it wth a smile
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by temmyt20(m): 2:46pm On Oct 14, 2016
Hopesprings:

He likely doesn't earn enough (this is just based on my knowledge of what a customer care associate make on average). He also has a job that generally has quite a bit of turnover.
if u work directly under airtel, u get enough dough....bt d vo wasnt even concerned abt my salary. one thing i noticed is....immediately he asked if i was married and i said no, he just brought d blue paper. i took my passport, and was abt leaving when he moved closer to d glass and said, i can apply immediately my status changed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2016
I'm scared I'd be rejected mehn grin grin embarassed embarassed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2016
Guru's in the house please we need your opinion and tots from this, so that we can learn. Is it true that been single can call for a rejection? But we've seen other single applicants granted. Am learning a lot from people transcripts buh we need to talk about them to get our facts right
temmyt20:
if u work directly under airtel, u get enough dough....bt d vo wasnt even concerned abt my salary. one thing i noticed is....immediately he asked if i was married and i said no, he just brought d blue paper. i took my passport, and was abt leaving when he moved closer to d glass and said, i can apply immediately my status changed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2016

VO: Good Morning

ME: Bone face tongue

VO: Your passport please

ME: There you go.

VO: Where are you going to the US.

ME: Texas

VO: Why are you going to Texas

ME: I'm going for a 2 Weeks Training on Selective Electroplating with Sifco ASC.

VO: Who is paying for this trip

ME: My Company, XYZ Limited, an Oil and Gas services firm.

VO: What do you do?

ME: I'm an Electroplating Engineer, what I basically do is provide technical support on Advanced Selective Brush Plating technology to our clients.

VO: How much do you earn?

ME: 2XXK

VO: Are you married?

ME: No

VO: Kids?

ME: None

VO: Not even one?

ME: grin grin

VO: .......

What do you guys think about the above. Do I stand any chance?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by temmyt20(m): 3:53pm On Oct 14, 2016
DMeanMan:

u dey joke abi datz what u ar planning to say when u go for ur interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2016
temmyt20:
u dey joke abi datz what u ar planning to say when u go for ur interview?

Kindly tell me where you think I need to work on.

And No, I won't say "Bone Face" grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Goldenboy007(m): 5:47pm On Oct 14, 2016
helensam:
Here is my travel and poe story
I remembered when I came here to ask a question about me booking etihad airways to newyork and when I noticed that the poe going to be abu dabhi I was so worried.... am talking based on who I am oh , am not trying to scare anyone ok...
So i contacted the agency that booked the ticket that I wanted a refund I don't wanna use etihad (lol ).... the lady said ma ! they won't disturb you and it's not your first time, I said no i want a refund... so she went ahead with my refund and 70k was deducted from the 320k I paid .... it's not as if the money plenty oh, but I just like to follow my heart .my money was left with 250k , so I waited for 2weeks she now said since I will be buying my next ticket from them and pending wen etihad will refund me , she would book another one for me , so I added 50k to the 250k and booked Qatar for 300k
So on the 30th of sept..I embarked on my journey to newyork
Qatar airway from Lagos to doha was just there ... no charging port ... entertainment were old movies and boring , the seats were tight.... but they had a pedal under the seat so u can stretch your legs with.... the flight was 6hrs and a full flight not even a seat was empty... so we got to doha I waited for 45 mins before we started boarding .... no body asked any questions in doha ( unlike wen I travelled to newyork with Turkish Airline.... they interviewed me at the airport scanned my passport ... asked me questions ..like where am I gonna be staying? Do I know anyone in America blah blah ..it was as if it was us cbp officer that was interviewing me sef i was like na wa oh) so I tot the same will happen in doha but nothing of such
Now we boarded from doha to newyork you need to see the plane it was spacious,,, new movies , everything about it was different becos obviously it's going to America you can't bring rubbish there (lol) samething with Turkish too the plane from Turkey to America is always different, it's only Nigeria they will use rubbish plane to first come and park us .. (lol) so back to doha to newyork flight .... i sat down with one black American girl her friend was sitting behind , and i asked her if she wanna swap seat with her friend she said no , because they have already started discussing pass my ears n me don't want disturbance ... before I know she said excuse me am moving to the back am like better for me sef, that was how I took 3 seats to my self oh for 14hrs journey I didn't even feel it, i slept watch movie ate n played game on my fone
Fast forward to newyork poe
When we got to newyork they said b1/b2 go to the electronic machine .... we lined up it got to my turn my visa page was saying error after 5 tries I was so scared ..before it now finally went ...i scanned my finger print and it printed my slip with no X
So I went to the officer thinking it's JFK na very easy
Me: good morning all happy n cheering
Officer :snubbed me
Officer : what brings you here
Me : vacation
Officer: when last where you her
Me : March
Officer: how long did you stay
Me : I came in March 11 and left March 29th
Officer : ok so what do you do?
Me: am a beautician.. I own a beauty salon where I do make up . Spa and everything beauty
Officer: you are make up artist
Me : I said yes
Officer: carried my passport turn it here , open again look at the passport picture , looks at me , he pause again , open open my passport oh , checked all my stamps n paused while holding my passport I was like what's happening oh .. he now asked how long are you gonna be staying for this trip
Me : 2weeks
Officer : can i see you return ticket
Me : gave him
Officer: where will you be staying
Me : gave him my hotel reservation
Officer: wrote B2 and stamped me till March 2017
So I proceeded to baggage claim waited for 25mins before I got it finally.... so over to the exit where there are other officers
I gave him my passport and the slip the machine printed out and which his other colleague has stamped on and signed
So he began
Officer : where are you going to
Me: I was confused I said newyork (lol) later I now said do you mean where I will be staying ... he didn't answer me ..me too kept quiet
Officer : how much are you with
Me :2000$
Officer : what are you here for
Me : vacation
Officer: alone don't you have family and friends here
Me: yes I have a cousin here but am here to have my vacation alone
Then he gave me my passport I left
I got outside I saw yellow cab oh on my way to take yellow cab..thats how dis 50years old looking baba say let him take me there na so he lead me to him own car it a Lincoln navigator... i told him where I was going to ....on our way he said my money is 87 $, I was like my goodness... i was trapped I couldn't come down as am not use to the city
Na.so baba start to talk oh 25year old girlfriend that always steals from his wallet .. until one day he set a trap for her and she fell for it....so he asked for my opinion I said it's wrong what she did.....he is Jamaican see him speaking that their accent with the girl on fone... am like this man just take me to my hotel and lemme sleep biko all this one ain't my business.... so here I am in newyork its a bit cold and quiet today Saturday.....
This people here are criminals too... once they see you are not conversant with the state they will find every means to wanna take their own share of money off you (lol)
Sorry for the long post ... please zenith bank said i cant use my card Abroad I got to find out when I went to their office a day before my trip... now I want to book a flight to dallas.... pls how do I go about it
Thanks

You have good story composition skill. Have you ever thought of writing a book? However I wonder why people love going to the crazy New York, like someone said it's like Lagos on Weed!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by temmyt20(m): 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2016
DMeanMan:

Kindly tell me where you think I need to work on.

And No, I won't say "Bone Face" grin
wait for lady g and co....me self just got rejected...funny enough, am nt feeling bad. dnt even kno y some pple feel bad when they gt rejected.... #re applying later on though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 14, 2016
temmyt20:
wait for lady g and co....me self just got rejected...funny enough, am nt feeling bad. dnt even kno y some pple feel bad when they gt rejected.... #re applying later on though.

People with Genuine Business intentions will feel bad.

My (Nigerian) company recently became Authorized Distributors of a product from a Company in the US. Part of the terms of agreement is that the Technical support staffs of my company must be trained and certified by the company in the US. Which just makes sense, right angry angry

What happens at the end of the day if I get rejected for not demonstrating enough ties.

Why do I feel like showing up to the interview with a custom made T-Shirt with "Ties" written all over it.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by temmyt20(m): 7:25pm On Oct 14, 2016
DMeanMan:

People with Genuine Business intentions will feel bad.

My (Nigerian) company recently became Authorized Distributors of a product from a Company in the US. Part of the terms of agreement is that the Technical support staffs of my company must be trained and certified by the company in the US. Which just makes sense, right angry angry

What happens at the end of the day if I get rejected for not demonstrating enough ties.

Why do I feel like showing up to the interview with a custom made T-Shirt with "Ties" written all over it.

yea, i quite agree. people with genuine intentions. Although, na those wey get fake intentions dey vex pass. #talking based on comments i overheard 2day while in d car park.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:42pm On Oct 14, 2016
temmyt20:
His questions is basically asking what his chances are. No way me fit know that one.
Sorry about your refusal
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 7:46pm On Oct 14, 2016
Lady G make comments on temmys transcript
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Onedimple: 8:13pm On Oct 14, 2016
Hello House,
Please i'm preparing for my Visa Interview on monday. My wife and I applied for a B1/B2 to visit my elder brother and family. If we were being asked why what we are going to the US for, is it proper to say, we are going for a family visit? or what should be the right response?
Please, can somebody help with this? Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by guchi120(m): 9:34pm On Oct 14, 2016
amanonymous:
what time is your appointment on the 25th guchi120?
10am , may be we will meet there right
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:49pm On Oct 14, 2016
amanonymous:
Guru's in the house please we need your opinion and tots from this, so that we can learn. Is it true that been single can call for a rejection? But we've seen other single applicants granted. Am learning a lot from people transcripts buh we need to talk about them to get our facts right
There's really nothing to go into because this issue has been hashed here several times. Single people get visas. Single people also get refused. Though frankly speaking, the percentage of single people that get refused is higher.
Everybody's application is taken as a whole. All his personal circumstance is weighed. So job, family, marital status, income, travel history etc.
So in Temmy's case, the vo just wasn't satisfied with his/her whole ties.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
Onedimple:
Hello House,
Please i'm preparing for my Visa Interview on monday. My wife and I applied for a B1/B2 to visit my elder brother and family. If we were being asked why what we are going to the US for, is it proper to say, we are going for a family visit? or what should be the right response?
Please, can somebody help with this? Thanks.
There's no right or wrong answer. You are actually going for a family visit so IMO, that's the proper answer
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
@Kbanti Congrats... Please when you travel share your POE transcript with us.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:05pm On Oct 14, 2016
temmyt20:

I will like to contribute a little here.. The only tie you have is your which in my opinion is not enough, By the way have you traveled out of the country to any of the western countries? I will like you to know that single people get visa all the time so reapply when you know you're ready.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifeoluwasegun(m): 11:08pm On Oct 14, 2016
DMeanMan:

VO: Where are you going to the US.

ME: Texas

VO: Why are you going to Texas

ME: I'm going for a 2 Weeks Training on Selective Electroplating with Sifco ASC.

VO: Who is paying for this trip

ME: My Company, XYZ Limited, an Oil and Gas services firm.

VO: What do you do?

ME: I'm an Electroplating Engineer, what I basically do is provide technical support on Advanced Selective Brush Plating technology to our clients.

VO: How much do you earn?

ME: 2XXK

VO: Are you married?

ME: No

VO: Kids?

ME: None

VO: Not even one?

Amidst many other things that are going to be strictly decided by the VO, me think your weighthy travel histories as Single matters a lot.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 11:22pm On Oct 14, 2016
guchi120:
10am , may be we will meet there right
Guci same time. Also 10 am

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by honeyoluwatoyin: 11:40pm On Oct 14, 2016
Hallo gurus... My appointment is on the 21st and would like I know my chances.. I"ve been denied in the past though, I own a registered fashion store and also work wit a telecom as a customer care.never married and would be sponsoring my trip.. I"ve been to Dubai, U.K., Switzerland and Italy .just renewed my uk visa. I wish to visit USA for xmas.. Would be staying in hotel cos AV got no close relative .. What are my chances

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.