Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534621 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by diamondsare4eva: 12:11am On Oct 15, 2016
No one can tell you the odds in getting a visa, but you stand a chance of getting it now, looking at your travel history.

honeyoluwatoyin:
Hallo gurus... My appointment is on the 21st and would like I know my chances.. I"ve been denied in the past though, I own a registered fashion store and also work wit a telecom as a customer care.never married and would be sponsoring my trip.. I"ve been to Dubai, U.K., Switzerland and Italy .just renewed my uk visa. I wish to visit USA for xmas.. Would be staying in hotel cos AV got no close relative .. What are my chances

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Mzhoola: 5:40am On Oct 15, 2016
Hello good day, my husband and I went for our interview on getting there I was told my ds 160 number didn't tally with my appointment letter so I hav to reschedule, fortunately my husband got his visa that day. My question now I that do I nee to fill a new ds 160 or I should just make sure I use the correct ds 160 of the form already submitted to book new appointment? Should I also go with my husband visa page.thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:29pm On Oct 15, 2016
honeyoluwatoyin:
Hallo gurus... My appointment is on the 21st and would like I know my chances.. I"ve been denied in the past though, I own a registered fashion store and also work wit a telecom as a customer care.never married and would be sponsoring my trip.. I"ve been to Dubai, U.K., Switzerland and Italy .just renewed my uk visa. I wish to visit USA for xmas.. Would be staying in hotel cos AV got no close relative .. What are my chances
To be honest no one here can actually say what your chances are but what we can ask you is that what has changed since your last application... What will bring you back to Nigeria?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by temmyt20(m): 3:30pm On Oct 15, 2016
seyewest:

I will like to contribute a little here.. The only tie you have is your which in my opinion is not enough, By the way have you traveled out of the country to any of the western countries? I will like you to know that single people get visa all the time so reapply when you know you're ready.
wil sure do, bt dnt rly av anything to do outside d country again for now.....and i avnt traveled out b4, might follow ur suggestions and go on vac to one of d western countries when am chanced then. Which western country wld u suggest?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OgaTheTop2: 4:45pm On Oct 15, 2016
Chai! "New York is cold and full of people from around the world.

My POE experience was smooth sailing.

I wanted to fly with Qatar airline. I booked and reserved a seat with Qatar Ailine to New York via Doha. I used wakanow and I got a confirmation mail from wakanow that my reservation was successfully made. Price was 292k. Two days later and I was ready to make my payment. Something just cautioned me to contact wakanow before I make any payment. Na so I waka go their office at Adeoyo roundabout, Ibadan. On getting there, I showed the guy my reservation and that I was ready to make payment.

To my surprise, I was told the reservation was canceled and that they could get me another flight with Qatar.. This flight was 470k! I was livid and so annoyed and told them they are cheats and dubious. Why didn't I get cancelation email? What if I had paid in 292k?...they will now ask me to wait for refund that could take eternity or to find balance of the difference and book a flight of 470k.. Damn them thieves .

I just left them and went straight to a booking agency that most of my organization staff use for their flight bookings. Na so I book Airfrance sharp sharp for 344k. The flight route was Lagos - Paris CDG - New York JFK.

Took off from Lagos, had 7 hours layover in Paris and finally got to New York in d evening.

B1/B2 Visa holders were directed to use the scanning kiosks where I inserted my visa page, and pronto everything about my details came up. I filled and responded to questions asked, thereafter had my finger prints and picture taken by the machine o smiley. Finally got a slip from the machine.

I was directed to the border officers.. three of them. I was attended to by a male officer. He collected my passport and the slip.... and fiam, he stamped my passport, then asked me

Officer : How many days are you spending?

Me: 5 days

Officer: Welcome to America and enjoy your stay.

Me: Thank you sir.

Na so I waka go get my luggage and faced another officer who just collected the slip and asked the following questions:

Officer: Where do you want to work in America?

Me: I'm not working in America.

Officer: Where do you work?

Me: I work with federal government of Nigeria.

Officer: Which of your relatives would you be staying with?

Me: (I laughed). I have no relatives here and I will be staying in New World Hotel, New York.

Officer: Okay. Welcome to America.

Me: Thank you.... And fiam, I tear race comot cheesy

Honestly, America is fine. New York is a busy city 24/7, but costly.

It's been fun so far. It's cold and I don dey begin look fresh.

My hols is almost over. Two more days and I'm on my way back home and I will definitely come back again, this time to LA...

Yankee fine mehhhnnn!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Onedimple: 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

There's no right or wrong answer. You are actually going for a family visit so IMO, that's the proper answer

Thanks LadyG
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by koonleh: 8:29pm On Oct 15, 2016
Hello house, i av visiting visa, and i used it in oct, 2016. I intend to go again by jan 2017, since i av 2yrs multiple visa. The question nw, i hope i will be allowed in since its jes 3mths interval, dnt want to waste my flight fare. Pls help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:31am On Oct 16, 2016
koonleh:
Hello house, i av visiting visa, and i used it in oct, 2016. I intend to go again by jan 2017, since i av 2yrs multiple visa. The question nw, i hope i will be allowed in since its jes 3mths interval, dnt want to waste my flight fare. Pls help.
The desicion to allow you into the US is at the hand of the cbp. Usually, if you have a valid purpose of travel, you will be allowed in. So you ask yourself, what are u doing back in the US 3 months after your last trip. That would be a reasonable question to expect
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Mzhoola: 6:59am On Oct 16, 2016
Hello good day, my husband and I went for our interview on getting there I was told my ds 160 number didn't tally with my appointment letter so I hav to reschedule, fortunately my husband got his visa that day. My question now I that do I nee to fill a new ds 160 or I should just make sure I use the correct ds 160 of the form already submitted to book new appointment? Should I also go with my husband visa page.thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by koonleh: 10:54am On Oct 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

The desicion to allow you into the US is at the hand of the cbp. Usually, if you have a valid purpose of travel, you will be allowed in. So you ask yourself, what are u doing back in the US 3 months after your last trip. That would be a reasonable question to expect
thank u, to attend my cousin birthday party, and to use my visa b4 it gets expired in june 2017, cuz will nt have time agn cuz of my job
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Attraction: 10:57am On Oct 16, 2016
I am a banker/model. In 2014 I competed in Mr Nigeria. I didn't win but I got an offer to represent Nigeria in a competition in the US in 2015. I went to the embassy & was denied visa I had a Virgin passport then. I was given another offer to represent Nigeria in Mr Universal Ambassador 2015 in Indonesia which I did and was a 2nd runner up. The competition exposed me in having friends and fans around the world on social media etc. I still work as a banker and model side by side. One of my friends in New York who is a corporate Attorney invited me for 10days vacation in his place in New York. He is sponsoring the trip including flights etc. I am single and I intend coming back because I'm 7yrs on my job and we get gratuity that runs in millions when you clock 10yrs. So I have no intention of staying back. I have only been to Qatar and Indonesia. Please what are my chances and any advise will be appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:26am On Oct 16, 2016
EZmonie:

VO: Sorry your visa cannot be approved at this time bla bla
Actually, I felt bad. I went away and since I felt within me that there was no reason why I should be denied, I immediately paid for another appointment with the hope that I would still get an appointment date before the conference date would be over and be interviewed by a different VO. Looooo! I was wrong, I paid the fee but I could not get another date before the conference. So, I kept my receipt for another day.

In less than six months latter, I decided to attend another conference on the same subject matter. I tried to make use of my previous receipt. The system rejected it. I called the customer care and I was told that I have used it sometime for Dropbox. I was stunned. Dropbox ke? I never had a US visa before. How come Dropbox. Did anyone steal my receipt details to use it for himself? So they told me I had to pay for another appointment. I paid and went for another interview.

As I was lined up to enter, I started reciting "the Lord is my Shepherd.
Me: good morning
VO: (thank God it's another VO this time, but a woman) good morning
Me: where in the state are you going?
VO: what are you going for?
Me: I am going to attend an international conference
VO: what's the name of the conference?
Me: (at that point because of the tension of not wanting to be denied the second time, my memory almost failed me but I managed to composed myself and stuttered out the name of the conference)
VO: if you were in government, how would you ensure food security?
ME: I would provide soft loans to farmers to encourage their agricultural practices.
VO: what is soft loan?
Me: (I told her. Seemed satisfied)
VO: how will the conference benefit you?
Me: (I told her; seemed satisfied. But while telling her, I mentioned a term "ground breaking discovery". Immediately she cut it and asked...)
VO: what ground breaking discovery?
Me: ( I was shocked hearing that. Watin kind question be this?. I told her something. Seemed satisfied)
VO: have you traveled before?
Me: yes to Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Tanzania
VO: how much do you earn?
Me: 195000 from my paid job, 50000 from farm work because I am a farmer also, bla bla bla
VO: do you think you can afford this trip?
Me: (na wao, na who go answer say he no fit afford am before.) yes
VO: how long have you been preparing for his?
Me: since last year
VO: are you married
Me: yes
VO: how many children
Me: two
VO: what's the name of your child?
Me: so so so
VO: (smiled) your visa is approved
Me: ( I was like totally deaf no more hearing "your visa has been approved". I didn't know why the VO was smiling at me. I tried to regain my consciousness back and realized she approved my visa, and that's the reason for the smile. I just manage to squeeze out a smile that was not there back at her) it's my pleasure
I walk away joyful.

I thank all the resourceful people of this trend. God bless all of you. I really learn a lot from here. This is on behalf of we silent readers union. Thank you.

I have being reading your posts since yesterday where you are promising people with US visiting visa a job that pays $1600 a month then i started looking at your profile.

Your interview transcript above took place just 6months ago but you already acting as an illegal employer in US?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Attraction: 11:59am On Oct 16, 2016
Attraction:
I am a banker/model. In 2014 I competed in Mr Nigeria. I didn't win but I got an offer to represent Nigeria in a competition in the US in 2015. I went to the embassy & was denied visa I had a Virgin passport then. I was given another offer to represent Nigeria in Mr Universal Ambassador 2015 in Indonesia which I did and was a 2nd runner up. The competition exposed me in having friends and fans around the world on social media etc. I still work as a banker and model side by side. One of my friends in New York who is a corporate Attorney invited me for 10days vacation in his place in New York. He is sponsoring the trip including flights etc. I am single and I intend coming back because I'm 7yrs on my job and we get gratuity that runs in millions when you clock 10yrs. So I have no intention of staying back. I have only been to Qatar and Indonesia. Please what are my chances and any advise will be appreciated.
Please give advise. I can afford the trip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ttmacoy: 1:38pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hey tayo2001ng, I'm replying your message here because it will be hidden in the other thread.

As a USC your husband is required to file taxes every year even if he lives abroad so he being in Nigeria will not be accepted as an excuse. Note this does not mean he would be paying extra tax in the US as this is dependent on the different tax rates.

What he has to do now is file his back taxes for the last 3 years or at least for last year and when it is processed request the transcript and send to NVC.

Goodluck

Hi vo, I trust you doing great... My husband who is USC filled for me and we are at Nvc stage. After sending the AOS form and other civil documents . NVC responded they needed to see his {2015} IRS transcript from the most recent tax year. ... {2015} IRS tax schedules.... {2015} [x] W-2 forms... That's an Issue now cos he moved back to Nigeria 2010 and as since been working with Lagos state govt and pay his taxes ... Please I need your advice on how to go about this situation. Looking forward to your respond.... Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
Attraction:
I remember your story so I know u aren't new here. You have also been to the embassy and seen how it works.
So I'm shocked you are asking about your chances of getting a visa. Who on this thread is God or has powers to see the future?
Advice? Research is key. Read the thread. Pick up tips from successful applicants. Don't misrepresent
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Attraction: 4:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I remember your story so I know u aren't new here. You have also been to the embassy and seen how it works.
So I'm shocked you are asking about your chances of getting a visa. Who on this thread is God or has powers to see the future?
Advice? Research is key. Read the thread. Pick up tips from successful applicants. Don't misrepresent
Thanks for your response. I am confused on whether to do this as a vacation without involving 3rd party or going with the invitation. Secondly please if asked for a contact person should I put the name of a friend or leave it blank. Thirdly Please can I have the link for the application cos an agent did the last one. But I'm doing this myself. Fourthly I earn xyz as a banker and xyz as a model ; should I join the both figure? Finally; during my trip to Indonesia we stopped at Doha cos it's Qatar airways. Is it proper to state places been to are Indonesia and Qatar? Kindly assist me with answers. I remain grateful
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:43pm On Oct 16, 2016
Attraction:
Thanks for your response. I am confused on whether to do this as a vacation without involving 3rd party or going with the invitation. Secondly please if asked for a contact person should I put the name of a friend or leave it blank. Thirdly Please can I have the link for the application cos an agent did the last one. But I'm doing this myself. Fourthly I earn xyz as a banker and xyz as a model ; should I join the both figure? Finally; during my trip to Indonesia we stopped at Doha cos it's Qatar airways. Is it proper to state places been to are Indonesia and Qatar? Kindly assist me with answers. I remain grateful
1. Did u step out of the airport in those afor mentioned locations? If no, then its merely a stopover and you cannot say u have visited those place.
2. Yes. Both figures represent your total income. Fill that in the form and explain the breakdown to the vo if she asks how much you earn. Don't wait to be asked for the breakdown. Volunteer it.
3. No. U cannot retrieve a submitted form. That is why people are told to stay away from agents. If he has misrepresented in any way, you have made your job doubly harder. Well, fill the truth and tell the vo an agent filled the last one.
4. Whether you go with an invite or whatever is irrelevant. Your ties is the deciding factor. You can put your friend as a contact if you are staying with him.
However, though u didn't ask this, why don't you wait for some time before reapplying. You were refused, you jetted off to some country then quicly wish to reapply. And u say u are a banker. If I am a vo , I will not place much weight on your job as a tie
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Attraction: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

1. Did u step out of the airport in those afor mentioned locations? If no, then its merely a stopover and you cannot say u have visited those place.
2. Yes. Both figures represent your total income. Fill that in the form and explain the breakdown to the vo if she asks how much you earn. Don't wait to be asked for the breakdown. Volunteer it.
3. No. U cannot retrieve a submitted form. That is why people are told to stay away from agents. If he has misrepresented in any way, you have made your job doubly harder. Well, fill the truth and tell the vo an agent filled the last one.
4. Whether you go with an invite or whatever is irrelevant. Your ties is the deciding factor. You can put your friend as a contact if you are staying with him.
However, though u didn't ask this, why don't you wait for some time before reapplying. You were refused, you jetted off to some country then quicly wish to reapply. And u say u are a banker. If I am a vo , I will not place much weight on your job as a tie
Thanks a lot for your clarification. I was refused early 2015. We are in October 2016. It's more than a year plus. Isn't it enough time to try again? My Indonesia trip was in October 2015. Is a year plus not enough to try again?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
Attraction:
Thanks a lot for your clarification. I was refused early 2015. We are in October 2016. It's more than a year plus. Isn't it enough time to try again? My Indonesia trip was in October 2015. Is a year plus not enough to try again?
Oh! A full year? The story come fresh for ma head as if na yesterday. Ok. A year is sufficent time biko!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 5:25pm On Oct 16, 2016
Attraction:
Remember
Everything the agent stated is on record.
Better hope the agent has not boosted your story or the facts will not tie up!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Attraction: 5:44pm On Oct 16, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Oh! A full year? The story come fresh for ma head as if na yesterday. Ok. A year is sufficent time biko!
Thanks dear. Last question please. Lagos or Abuja? Which is advisable?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 6:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
Attraction:

Avoid saying your friend will sponsor the trip, even if he will.

You should be the one to sponsor such kind of trip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
Attraction:
Thanks dear. Last question please. Lagos or Abuja? Which is advisable?
IMO, all na the same. Abuja refused me. Lagos gave me. But I have to be honest, I had no ties the ist time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by zee85: 7:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hello,Applying as family with a 2 months old baby, does the baby need int'l passport for interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:15pm On Oct 16, 2016
zee85:
Hello,Applying as family with a 2 months old baby, does the baby need int'l passport for interview?
Every human being needs an int'l passport to travel. Even a one day old...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
temmyt20:
wil sure do, bt dnt rly av anything to do outside d country again for now.....and i avnt traveled out b4, might follow ur suggestions and go on vac to one of d western countries when am chanced then. Which western country wld u suggest?
France
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by temmyt20(m): 10:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
seyewest:
France
aii, thanks,
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Anthocracy(m): 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
Please I want to know how I can apply for B1/B2 visa. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
Anthocracy:
Please I want to know how I can apply for B1/B2 visa. Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 17, 2016
Visa Approved this morning 7:30am appointment.

Transcript of my <30sec interview. And an epic aftermath that saw me arrested to be posted in a bit.

Easily the craziest day I have seen this year.

Crazy mehn

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Onedimple: 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
@LadyG

I had a successful interview. Our visa (my wife and I) was approved. Will be picking up the Passport later in the week.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 4:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
Dmean man, please your transcripts

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88