Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,613 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1532488 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:17am On Jan 05, 2016
olusola009:
Hello LadyGuinivere & Others,

I just got married to my wife who is lawful permanent resident (LPR) of USA, she is currently with me in Nigeria but will be returning back to the state next week cus of her job, am planning to use my leave (off work) with her in February so i need to file an application to visit (B1/B2).

My question is this, can you assist with a breakdown of how to apply for this.

Thanks.

By being married to an American citizen, your situation is rather complex cos u will do a lot of convincing to get a B1/B2 visa (non immigrant visa) while being an immigration risk. I mean, u r married to an American citizen, no force on earth can force to return back if you don't want to, and she can file for you when you are in there, which they don't want.

Your best bet is wait for your wife to file an immigration petition for you to join her legally or do a lot of convincing that if you visit her, u will return on an NIV.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:20am On Jan 05, 2016
freshskillz:
Hello nairalanders,my name is Jacob,I was denied an American student(f-1)visa in Abuja Nigeria November 2014,I'm currently studying nursing in India and I'm applying for a tourist visa this month,is it advisable to apply for the visa from here and what are my chances of getting the visa?...what are the questions they might ask me?...Thanks God bless you all

You can apply for a tourist visa from India but you need to show ties to India to prove you will return to India after the visit, in this case, your education.

We are not demigods here, we can't predict your chances of getting the visa. It's 50/50, best of luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:31am On Jan 05, 2016
mummybk:
Good morning Sir/Ma. I just came back from Houston last week after my child birth but i am considering going back to school over there for a nursing course. My worry is, i don't know if i will have issues with immigration later since i have a visiting visa not student visa. Please i will really want to here from those that have experience over this or something similar and if it's a problem, what is the best way for me to go about it.

First, does the school assist with changing your status? Many schools don't, and many schools do.

If you return to US on a B1/B2 visa and apply for a change of status through a school, you must do so before your expiration of the date you were stamped in (not visa).

You will pay International student school fees or part of it, which costs an arm and a leg (am assuming you can afford it then) and wait for a decision on your application from USCIS.

More often than expected, these applications are rejected and you are expected to return to your home country. This may affect your chances of getting a new B1/B2 visa, as on the renewal application form, you will be asked if you applied for an extension of your stay, whether approved or not, and if you click yes. You will have a lot of convincing to do to the VO to prove you are not an immigration risk.

Now remember, you are not supposed to work in the US, how will you support yourself and your child(ren) all through the waiting period for the F1 visa to be approved or declined? Another point you will need to convince the VO on, when renewing your visa.

Another angle, getting an F1 visa to study in community college from Nigeria is a long shot. But I believe nothing is impossible if you do your homework well.

By the way, you just returned from having your baby, relax a bit na, before thinking of how to return as a student.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:41am On Jan 05, 2016
Also @mummybk, if you want my candid advise, study nursing here in Nigeria, practice for 2 years, write the board exams and migrant using the channels I posted in the last few pages. During the period, you can always visit the US on your B1/B2 visa and just lounge.

My cousin who is now a citizen is studying nursing in US, and my experience with her was just discouraging. It was too stressful, especially cos she had kids. The most annoying part is you can still get a job in the US if you studied in Nigeria, so why stress yourself?
My opinion though.

I think it's a peaceful way to migrate with nothing breathing down your neck, arrive in US with a job waiting for you and your family.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fideco: 7:36am On Jan 05, 2016
fideco:
Hello, Happy New Year to U all!

I need some guidance on:
A 20yrs old girl who wants to travel for tourist and vacation to the USA. When asked why she is traveling to the usa alone what do you advise should be her answer?

Her Father is sponsoring for her trip.
Will they require any form of documentation of the father from the girl?

Will really appreciate a good answer, Thanks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:36am On Jan 05, 2016
fideco:
Hello, Happy New Year to U all!

I need some guidance on:
A 20yrs old girl who wants to travel for tourist and vacation to the USA. When asked why she is traveling to the usa alone what do you advise should be her answer?

Her Father is sponsoring for her trip.
Will they require any form of documentation of the father from the girl?

Will really appreciate a good answer, Thanks!
Beforw I give my opinion, I'll give a bit of preamble so hopefullt my answer will make sense. To get a visa, the truth is always the advice here. Why? Cos its better and cos u are relaxed. In the light of that I don't think anybody should give u prepared answers. She knows why she's travelling alone so only she can answer.
Applicants arre advised to carry along any documentation that supports their assertion so yes she's expected to go with his bank statement. Whether they l look at it sha nobody knows.

Azzin eh @neff no matter how many times one answers the question people will always ask 'what are my chances?'. I don't know how folks not the vo are s'posed to know
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:56am On Jan 05, 2016
@neff where the nursing forms na?! cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fideco: 7:59am On Jan 05, 2016
Thanks, Lady Guinivere.
Your Answer is most appreciated.
LadyGuinivere:

Beforw I give my opinion, I'll give a bit of preamble so hopefullt my answer will make sense. To get a visa, the truth is always the advice here. Why? Cos its better and cos u are relaxed. In the light of that I don't think anybody should give u prepared answers. She knows why she's travelling alone so only she can answer.
Applicants arre advised to carry along any documentation that supports their assertion so yes she's expected to go with his bank statement. Whether they l look at it sha nobody knows.

Azzin eh @neff no matter how many times one answers the question people will always ask 'what are my chances?'. I don't know how folks not the vo are s'posed to know
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Bidexluv(f): 8:57am On Jan 05, 2016
Morning everyone

I am a final year student in a Federal Owned Institution in
Nigeria, will round up June 2016, I.E. This year

I have never travelled out of Nigeria

I intend to visit US for visitation, vacation and tourism while awaiting
my graduation date and NYSC mobilisation which will be
in October

I am planning on visiting for a period of two months and i
planned on staying with my dad's friend

Questions:
1) How do i go about it?

2) Do I need an invitation letter from my dad's friend?

3) When am I to start an application and necessary documents as i will be out of school July, graduation
ceremony is October and to be mobilised for a compulsory
one year of NYSC November
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:44am On Jan 05, 2016
Bidexluv:
Morning everyone

I am a final year student in a Federal Owned Institution in
Nigeria, will round up June 2016, I.E. This year

I have never travelled out of Nigeria

I intend to visit US for visitation, vacation and tourism while awaiting
my graduation date and NYSC mobilisation which will be
in October

I am planning on visiting for a period of two months and i
planned on staying with my dad's friend

Questions:
1) How do i go about it?

2) Do I need an invitation letter from my dad's friend?

3) When am I to start an application and necessary documents as i will be out of school July, graduation
ceremony is October and to be mobilised for a compulsory
one year of NYSC November
1. Go to the us website and ul see the steps. You can also get the link on the ist page of this thread.
2. You can apply with an invitation letter or hotel reservation. If you are staying with your uncle then yes, it would be ok to get an invite from him.
3. Also check the aforementioned first page for required docx. You can start your application whenever itss conveninent for u. After going thru the links and the pages of this thread, u can get an idea of how long it takes to get a date and that may inform your desicion
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:09am On Jan 05, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Even the VOs on NL don't even know the chances not to talk or ordinary us
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:10am On Jan 05, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
@neff where the nursing forms na?! cheesy

Which one make we use LUTH or LASUTH?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by freshskillz: 10:41am On Jan 05, 2016
nefertitiram:

You can apply for a tourist visa from India but you need to show ties to India to prove you will return to India after the visit, in this case, your education.

We are not demigods here, we can't predict your chances of getting the visa. It's 50/50, best of luck
oh thanks,what are the likely questions they might ask?....is it advisable to use hotel reservation?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ogodos(m): 11:11am On Jan 05, 2016
freshskillz:
Hello nairalanders,my name is Jacob,I was denied an American student(f-1)visa in Abuja Nigeria November 2014,I'm currently studying nursing in India and I'm applying for a tourist visa this month,is it advisable to apply for the visa from here and what are my chances of getting the visa?...what are the questions they might ask me?...Thanks God bless you all

My sister want to study in India, How can i go about that?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Dotmax53: 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
I had my interview today..Unfortunately i was denied..Sad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by freshskillz: 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2016
ogodos:

My sister want to study in India, How can i go about that?
add me on Whatsapp +917411801755
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:32pm On Jan 05, 2016
Dotmax53:
I had my interview today..Unfortunately i was denied..Sad
Sowwie. Share the transcript
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2016
freshskillz:
oh thanks,what are the likely questions they might ask?....is it advisable to use hotel reservation?

Wait, lemme go and check US Embassy 2015 past questions and answers so that I can tell you the likely questions. angry

Yes, you can use Hotel reservations

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jordi(m): 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hello Helpful House.

Myself and spouse to be wanna apply for USA honeymoon. the registry is to take place ending of Januray, so that is why we haven't started the application yet cause we wanna be formally bound as married this gives confidence .

The major wedding will take place in March and we wish to Honeymoon in the USA April , we will both be on leave at work from March ending to early April

Now question is i havent seen much of people come to this thread for visit cause of honeymoon purpose whats happening , cause we dont want the general Dubai Dubai thats why we have decided either houston Texas or the very fun place Miami

Also are we required to fill separate DS 160 forms, or just one application suffice for both of us since we will be travelling together.

Please candid advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:10pm On Jan 05, 2016
Jordi:
Hello Helpful House.

Myself and spouse to be wanna apply for USA honeymoon. the registry is to take place ending of Januray, so that is why we haven't started the application yet cause we wanna be formally bound as married this gives confidence .

The major wedding will take place in March and we wish to Honeymoon in the USA April , we will both be on leave at work from March ending to early April

Now question is i havent seen much of people come to this thread for visit cause of honeymoon purpose whats happening , cause we dont want the general Dubai Dubai thats why we have decided either houston Texas or the very fun place Miami

Also are we required to fill separate DS 160 forms, or just one application suffice for both of us since we will be travelling together.

Please candid advice

1. Couples apply/have applied for honeymoon. The issue is not the title u give to your reason for travel (honeymoon, vacation, holiday etc) but simple that u have to prove that u will return.
2. Yes. Everybody must fill a ds 160 and apy and book interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tbaby2015: 2:33pm On Jan 05, 2016
nefertitiram:
Also @mummybk, if you want my candid advise, study nursing here in Nigeria, practice for 2 years, write the board exams and migrant using the channels I posted in the last few pages. During the period, you can always visit the US on your B1/B2 visa and just lounge.

My cousin who is now a citizen is studying nursing in US, and my experience with her was just discouraging. It was too stressful, especially cos she had kids. The most annoying part is you can still get a job in the US if you studied in Nigeria, so why stress yourself?
My opinion though.

I think it's a peaceful way to migrate with nothing breathing down your neck, arrive in US with a job waiting for you and your family.

Thanks nerf. Good to meet u here again. What other ways are best to migrate? I'll need all the help and info i can get. Others, please assist as well
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:29pm On Jan 05, 2016
tbaby2015:

Thanks nerf. Good to meet u here again. What other ways are best to migrate? I'll need all the help and info i can get. Others, please assist as well

Marry oyinbo!!! grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:31pm On Jan 05, 2016
Ok, like seriously,

This is US Visit Visa Thread.

Perhaps we should open ways to immigrate to US visa thread
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by alhajiwasiu55: 3:38pm On Jan 05, 2016
just got to know that I can join this forum for free after being a silent reader for a while.
Please I have a concern and I want u to help me with a candid advice.
My wife and baby went to the US for Christmas in December but they have decided to stay and not to return back to Nigeria. They were stamped in for 6 months at the POE.
However, I have a US visa too which will expire in March this year, I have only travelled to the US once in 2014 when I spent just 10 days there and I don't really like to visit the US
Now that my wife and kid decide to overstay, and I intend to renew my visa via dropbox which will expire in March this year, wont I be likely denied a renewal. As at March which my visa will expire they will still be in the US, won't it hinder my chances of renewal ?
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 4:41pm On Jan 05, 2016
alhajiwasiu55:
just got to know that I can join this forum for free after being a silent reader for a while.
My wife and baby went to the US for Christmas in December but they have decided to stay and not to return back to Nigeria. They were stamped in for 6 months at the POE.
However, I have a US visa too which will expire in March this year, I have only travelled to the US once in 2014 when I spent just 10 days there and I don't really like to visit the US
Now that my wife and kid decide to overstay, and I intend to renew my visa via dropbox which will expire in March this year, wont I be likely denied a renewal. As at March which my visa will expire they will still be in the US, won't it hinder my chances of renewal ?
Thanks

In all sincerity, your chances are there and quite slim, and will get slimmer the longer they stay. You can actually go ahead and even renew now, that might likely work. But be sure you can't enter the USA by the time your family exceeds the approved period of stay by CBP (mostly 180 days). Mind you, it seems to me that you are privy to this though, hopefully I'm wrong, but just know that there are consequences. You will just have to kiss US goodbye once they overstay and stay back. There's yet time for you to correct this error, I rest my case

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
OmoBendel24:

In all sincerity, your chances are there and quite slim, and will get slimmer the longer they stay. You can actually go ahead and even renew now, that might likely work. But be sure you can't enter the USA by the time your family exceeds the approved period of stay by CBP (mostly 180 days). Mind you, it seems to me that you are privy to this though, hopefully I'm wrong, but just know that there are consequences. You will just have to kiss US goodbye once they overstay and stay back. There's yet time for you to correct this error, I rest my case
Exactly @the bolded. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by alhajiwasiu55: 5:31pm On Jan 05, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Exactly @the bolded. He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.
She visited a community college where she was assured that they will assist her to get her status changed to student visa f1. She suggested going home to apply for a student visa but the school assured that once she is given/offered an admission, her status change is assured. Can't the school be trusted ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 5:38pm On Jan 05, 2016
alhajiwasiu55:
Thanks

On a second thought and consideration, I don't even see how your visa will be renewed sir. If you try to renew early, the reason for the urgency will be glaring (you have relocated them and you want to join them before your current valid visa expires), this also affects your ability to run and catch even the next flight right now (CBP will most likely know you to "filter" wella), if you wait till March, their plan to overstay becomes glaring both to VO and CBP, this coupled with the "relocation" point will still spoil the renewal process. Heads or tails, you loose the visa and the opportunity to be able to enter the US likely! So, CANDID ADVICE? Get your family back to Nigeria before it affects things
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by alhajiwasiu55: 5:47pm On Jan 05, 2016
OmoBendel24:

On a second thought and consideration, I don't even see how your visa will be renewed sir. If you try to renew early, the reason for the urgency will be glaring (you have relocated them and you want to join them before your current valid visa expires), this also affects your ability to run and catch even the next flight right now (CBP will most likely know you to "filter" wella), if you wait till March, their plan to overstay becomes glaring both to VO and CBP, this coupled with the "relocation" point will still spoil the renewal process. Heads or tails, you loose the visa and the opportunity to be able to enter the US likely! So, CANDID ADVICE? Get your family back to Nigeria before it affects things
Thanks sir. But if the school finally changes her status to f1, and the kid f2, isn't that legal ? And will I still have issues renewing it ? After all her status would have been changed to f1

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cozybunch: 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2016
alhajiwasiu55:

Thanks sir. But if the school finally changes her status to f1, and the kid f2, isn't that legal ? And will I still have issues renewing it ? After all her status would have been changed to f1

Why are we all speculating? What they did is wrong and unacceptable but I will answer mind bubbling questions, already made statements etc.

1. Can your wife adjust to student statues while in U.S?
Answer: No. Even with the promise of helping from the school, uscis will denier them and ask them to go back and file for F1. No adjustment to F1 with B1/B2 while in U.S again. Schools in states are profit motivated and will always promise because they need your money for them to function.

2. Can you be denied entry to u.s with a valid u.s visa?
Answer: No because CBP may not connect you with them unless you mention their name as people of contacts. Them they will check their status, if any violations, you will be denied entry and be bar from entry the u.s for some years.

3. Can you renew your visa?
Answer: Yes/No
Reasons for Yes: if your wife's visa conditions is tie to you being already a u.s tourist visa holder and they want to figure out your wife's conditions, you may have a problem. It may be as a matter of routine check or of concern.

Reasons for No: if there is no check on her or she got her visa on a separate condition not related to yours.

On the hind site, your privy will always undermine you. While would you want to separate your family?

Breaking news is that ICE is planning on a big immigration rake here in u.s on illegals even though some Democrats including presidential candidates like Hillary Clinton has express her concerns on it and this could start as early as this January 2016. Yes she may not be illegal now, but why work her way towards that because at a point she will become illegal if she continues to stay back

You need to do the right thing, have them come back and apply. She can get the admission from the school but her application should come from nigeria.

Good Luck.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:37pm On Jan 05, 2016
Thanks cozybunch
@poster please apply and find out
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:20pm On Jan 05, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Ol boy you get sense die. I was thinking the same thing... alot do not add up.
can we start with the name of the community college and state?
Bro please I beg you bring back your family.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.