Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1535606 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Davoo(m): 9:10am On Jun 26, 2017
Good Morning House. Please where can I get a good photo studio within surulere, I want to take passport photograph for my US visa application.

Kindly assist. Cheers guys!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolajoo(m): 10:34am On Jun 26, 2017
Good morning house,

I want to apply for a visiting B1-B2 visa. Please what document i need to put together because I don't want to go through agent anymore. I had been denied 4 times from 2005 - 2016 but i still want to keep trying. My last 2 interviews was last year in Abuja on different program but i decided to give it a short this year again for summer holiday.

I have a relation wedding i want to attend in NC and invitation letter has been sent to my email. I had paid for the visa fee on Friday through GTBank online and i have the receipt.

I had filled the DS-160 form and i tried to book an appointment but i got an error message that says i had an existing account but i have no access to the email again. Although I had emailed them and waiting for response.

I have a traveling experience.
SA 2009 on old passport,
Dubai 2014 on new passport
A recent unused SA and Tanzania visa but both expired in Jan/Mar this year.

Please what are my chances and what docs i need.

Thank you all.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2017
kolajoo:
Good morning house,

I want to apply for a visiting B1-B2 visa. Please what document i need to put together because I don't want to go through agent anymore. I had been denied 4 times from 2005 - 2016 but i still want to keep trying. My last 2 interviews was last year in Abuja on different program but i decided to give it a short this year again for summer holiday.

I have a relation wedding i want to attend in NC and invitation letter has been sent to my email. I had paid for the visa fee on Friday through GTBank online and i have the receipt.

I had filled the DS-160 form and i tried to book an appointment but i got a error message that says i had an existing account but i have no access to the email again. Although I had emailed them and waiting for response.

I have a traveling experience.
SA 2009 on old passport,
Dubai 2014 on new passport
A recent unused SA and Tanzania visa but both expired in Jan/Mar this year.

Please what are my chances and what docs i need.

Thank you all.

Study (not read) the thread now that you are ready to do this yourself, though, I can almost bet that your credibility would have been tainted seriously in the course of your sojourn with agents! Calm down your desperation for now if I may advise more too....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2017
bliz123:

I enjoyed your analysis. U strike me as a lecturer or motivational speaker. God bless you. I was also thinking along your line of thought as a pattern but in truth I had changed jobs and location as well. I am going without my wife and children because it will be a conference being paid for by my employers ( I'm going for a training on the digital change over Nigeria has been battling with. The rest of the world did it right and we haven't . Now it is my job to see how this can be done as quickly as possible . About ties guess they should be ample enough enough to convince the vo I will be back after 2 weeks. I still need ur input oga mii. I desire to be well packaged and informed. Lol

I understand your package quite alright (I can spell it out clearly if I have to), and I must applaud you on what you have done so far! I will say again that you have really followed the thread, you have learnt loads, just that your marriage/synthesis of the various views so expressed is what gave birth to the path you finally decided on which I have stylishly pointed out its shortcoming to you, maybe you saw it, maybe you didn't see it too. In all, good luck to you.

NB// Bottom line is that your need to create ties out of your wife and child may get you to decide on and adopt the not too perfect pattern/package. As a village man, na so I see am oh!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yjc07: 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2017
Please house I need help with this confusing question; "Is attending a Film Festival regarded as business or tourism?".

Please I need clarification asap.Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by windows8: 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2017
Davoo:
Good Morning House. Please where can I get a good photo studio within surulere, I want to take passport photograph for my US visa application.

Bro your smart phone can do it. Just make sure your face appears boldly on the pic. You can crop the face after snaping and ensure that its straight.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Obinoscopy(m): 1:36pm On Jun 26, 2017
nefertitiram:

Yup. As long as he lands in Europe on 14th.
Thanks once more for this info you provided me. It was priceless. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 4:51pm On Jun 26, 2017
1. I am beginning to wonder if the advocate for "travelling to UK or schengen areas" for family applicants isn't an agent. The VO has said that individuals and families, have been given visa's on so-called 'virgin passports', well if you have money, you can apply for a UK or Schengen visa, if you think that will help and then travel to those countries, but if you get the visa, it will be because of your ties to Nigeria.

2. Again, the grace of God is to empower you to live a godly life (as per Christianity), not to run to a country where their forefathers sacrificed a lot, so that their kids will have a better life. Nigerians stop misrepresenting God's grace. C'mon I wonder if our ancestors had seen the future, if all of them won't have gone into slave ships, just to save their descendant the shame.

3. A visa is a privilege, not a right; the VO has the final say, you may have all the ties but it is the VO that has the final say, and one of them has come to this forum, to say you don't need to 'disvirgin' your passport to get a visa. You can only improve your chances by having strong ties, but even then its 50:50.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Babaelemu: 5:44pm On Jun 26, 2017
I reside in south Africa. Have got work permit valid more than 2 years and working with the company stated on my work permit. I have been to swaziland twice. What are my chances if i apply for US B1/2 visa from here?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nell4: 6:58pm On Jun 26, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Clarification is that you have from about now till September next year (12 months after expiration of visa) to renew via the use of the dropbox option, a day more than 365 days after expiration of the visa to be renewed means you no longer qualify for Dropbox, you then will have to go in for an interview. Summarily, you qualify to use the Dropbox option anytime within the next 15 month if time consideration in Dropbox qualification is all we are looking at. Regards
thanks big hugs.pls can someone do dropbox on behalf of someone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by suxes2005(m): 7:09pm On Jun 26, 2017
Babaelemu:
I reside in south Africa. Have got work permit valid more than 2 years and working with the company stated on my work permit. I have been to swaziland twice. What are my chances if i apply for US B1/2 visa from here?

Same 50-50

If you merit it, apply for it.

If not, wait till you merit it before you apply for US visa

SHALOM
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Saylawchar(m): 7:35pm On Jun 26, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1. No one knows your chances. Only God.
2. Assess your ties to Nigeria, think like a VO would - do you consider strong, your ties to Nigeria, if you were a VO? Forget about what's in your heart or mind, what can you present as a strong tie.
3. Fill your forms truthfully and honestly.

please advise, what are those things you consider as strong ties that i can tell the vo?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 7:45pm On Jun 26, 2017
Saylawchar:

please advise, what are those things you consider as strong ties that i can tell the vo?

I doubt you would be asked directly, it all depends on how you answer your questions and the VO's discretion.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Rachie83: 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2017
Mikehk2:
bro my honest advice ...' From Experience' don't apply for U.S. visa with your wife or as a family without travel experience ... NB:: not just travel history , but correct travel history cause travel history differs from travel history ... A word is enough for the wise .
What about those who have been granted without no travel experience? Because you were probably not given does not means others won't be given, travel experience is good but it is not a yardstick cos there are some with alot of travel experience yet they were still refused visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2017
1. If this is your first time of filling the form, please be honest...you may get the visa or you may not get the visa. But what you would have on their records is truthful.
2. Strong ties are defined as the things that will make sure you return back to Nigeria, from the US.
- Are you married?
- How long have you been married?
- Do you have kids (it is not relevant where you have them)?
- Are you working?
- How long have you been working?
- What is your position and how relevant is that position to your organization?
- Your finances (this is tied to work and other side-jobs)
- NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR TRAVEL HISTORY. PEOPLE WITH 'VIRGIN' PASSPORTS HAVE GOTTEN VISAS.
3. The above mentioned in number 2 are determined from the form you filled and the interview that is conducted. Those are just strong ties, there are other aspects to the visa process.
I hope this helps?

Saylawchar:

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Saylawchar(m): 8:40pm On Jun 26, 2017
Rachie83:
What about who have been granted without no travel experience? Because you were probably not given does not means others won't be given, travel experience is good but it is not a yardstick cos there some with alot of travel experience yet they were still refused visa.

well said and thanks..... the guy almost discouraged me!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Saylawchar(m): 8:45pm On Jun 26, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1. If this is your first time of filling the form, please be honest...you may get the visa or you may not get the visa. But what you would have on their records is truthful.
2. Strong ties are defined as the things that will make sure you return back to Nigeria, from the US.
- Are you married?
- Are you working?
- NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR TRAVEL HISTORY. PEOPLE WITH 'VIRGIN' PASSPORTS HAVE GOTTEN VISAS.
3. The above mentioned in number 2 are determined from the form you filled and the interview that is conducted. Those are just strong ties, there are other aspects to the visa process.
I hope this helps?

Jah bless you real good, with all you have said am very sure i merit all the criteria hence i have a question, do i need to retrieve the DS160 form i earlier filled sometime in 2011 when i was denied or i should fill a new one? Because then, my ties were not as strong as they are now.

kindly advise please. tanx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:01pm On Jun 26, 2017
If you can't access the old profile, create or use an existing email address and attach your profile to it, you can do this by calling customer service, check their website for the number. Yes, you will retrieve the old form and make any updates to reflect the current situation you are in.

Saylawchar:

Jah bless you real good, with all you have said am very sure i merit all the criteria hence i have a question, do i need to retrieve the DS160 form i earlier filled sometime in 2011 when i was denied or i should fill a new one? Because then, my ties were not as strong as they are now.

kindly advise please. tanx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:11pm On Jun 26, 2017
Davoo:

We are not babysitter... ask people in Surulere. This thread is worldwide.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Saylawchar(m): 9:14pm On Jun 26, 2017
would do just that..... thanks

KaptainAfrika:
If you can't access the old profile, create or use an existing email address and attach your profile to it, you can do this by calling customer service, check their website for the number. Yes, you will retrieve the old form and make any updates to reflect the current situation you are in.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2017
I forgot to add, they would still have your old profile/form on their system. So this one you are going to fill, does not replace the other one.

Saylawchar:

would do just that..... thanks

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by deemoni007(m): 5:35am On Jun 27, 2017
Good day everyone pls my brother will be going for interview soon but he was unable to upload his pix, can he take his pix along? Thanks guru in the house
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bliz123: 8:39am On Jun 27, 2017
OmoBendel24:

I understand your package quite alright (I can spell it out clearly if I have to), and I must applaud you on what you have done so far! I will say again that you have really followed the thread, you have learnt loads, just that your marriage/synthesis of the various views so expressed is what gave birth to the path you finally decided on which I have stylishly pointed out its shortcoming to you, maybe you saw it, maybe you didn't see it too. In all, good luck to you.

NB// Bottom line is that your need to create ties out of your wife and child may get you to decide on and adopt the not too perfect pattern/package. As a village man, na so I see am oh!

Please permit me to ask for details of this NB quote. It is unclear to me. I have read more than 19 times and didn't get what you meant . Please explain
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sihamey: 8:49am On Jun 27, 2017
Please I plan to go for US visa interview by September for religious conference in US by October this year and my passport will expired by February next year which I calculated to be 5 months before expiration. My question is this.

1. Will my passport be accepted in embassy since is less than six month as required.

2. Will it be possible to be issued a new passport when the old one has not expired.

Thanks for your responds
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by HenryWilliams(m): 9:41am On Jun 27, 2017
Morning..I'd like to apply for a visiting visa .
Is it advisable to pay for the visa first before filling the DS-160 form?
Or is there any information one needs to get from the application before paying ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:46am On Jun 27, 2017
HenryWilliams:
Morning..I'd like to apply for a visiting visa .
Is it advisable to pay for the visa first before filling the DS-160 form?
Or is there any information one needs to get from the application before paying ?

Go ahead and pay first, no ish.... You can also fill the form first. You however will need numbers from both to book your appointment. Regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:50am On Jun 27, 2017
sihamey:
Please I plan to go for US visa interview by September for religious conference in US by October this year and my passport will expired by February next year which I calculated to be 5 months before expiration. My question is this.

1. Will my passport be accepted in embassy since is less than six month as required.

2. Will it be possible to be issued a new passport when the old one has not expired.

Thanks for your responds

Your passport will be accepted, but it's in your best interest to renew before you think of finally travelling

You can be issued a new passport anytime from six months to its expiration as loads of destinations round the world demand at least a passport valid for six months after your departure date from their country for them to grant you entry in the first place. Regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:51am On Jun 27, 2017
deemoni007:
Good day everyone pls my brother will be going for interview soon but he was unable to upload his pix, can he take his pix along? Thanks guru in the house

No, he can't. He must upload! Read! You will then know how! Great day!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:54am On Jun 27, 2017
seyewest:
We are not babysitter... ask people in Surulere. This thread is worldwide.

Na for only Warri me know where to take that picture! So, he/she can as well come down to Warri, lemme take him/her there cheesy.... Dazzol!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:04am On Jun 27, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
- Are you married?
- Are you working?
- [b]NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR TRAVEL HISTORY. PEOPLE WITH 'VIRGIN' PASSPORTS HAVE GOTTEN VISAS.[/oh
I hope this helps?

Dear Captain, will advise here, be careful, don't go and unnecessarily downplay the place of travel history oh, it is part of the calculations of applicants ties oh. None of these ties in itself accounts for visa success, but rather, a combination of them does, even some are good in covering up other unavailable ties, e.g. good travel history for family ties, clear financial ability for family ties, etc. A woman with a child and husband for example has more ties in family area than a man with a child and wife, the likelihood of the man absconding without the child and wife is way higher than for a woman to do so to her child and hubby. Travel history has its place, a vital one at that even if we need not over-value it!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:10am On Jun 27, 2017
bliz123:

Please permit me to ask for details of this NB quote. It is unclear to me. I have read more than 19 times and didn't get what you meant . Please explain

Well, well, well.... No more explanations can be done to pass this acriss then! That was purposely intended for you sir (I wouldn't be surprised too if others got the drift though), but a situation whereby it remains unclear to you means I'm the one that is wrong most likely. We could go off record and go the PM way then.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 10:11am On Jun 27, 2017
I think travel history just shows you are:
- financially buoyant
- well travelled
- you return home, after each trip
Travel history is PROBABLY not used as a criteria to judge the things, that will necessitate one's return to Nigeria. I can be well-travelled and have nothing tying me down to Nigeria, for example. IMHO.

OmoBendel24:

Dear Captain, will advise here, be careful, don't go and unnecessarily downplay the place of travel history oh, it is part of the calculations of applicants ties oh. None of these ties in itself accounts for visa success, but rather, a combination of them does, even some are good in covering up other unavailable ties, e.g. good travel history for family ties, clear financial ability for family ties, etc. A woman with a child and husband for example has more ties in family area than a man with a child and wife, the likelihood of the man absconding without the child and wife is way higher than for a woman to do so to her child and hubby. Travel history has its place, a vital one at that even if we need not over-value it!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.