Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538770 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 10:59pm On Jun 28, 2017
seyewest:
Turkish N535K, Qatar N580K
mean that Turkish is like $1400 right ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by unlimitedgrace4: 11:23pm On Jun 28, 2017
Well,d visa was granted last week ,I plan to go on vacation Wt my wife and our 2 daughters...unfortunately we can't make it dis year again cos our annual leave is far spent..so we plan to make it first of June to 21st of June next year God willing...so from my research online,KLM return ticket on d said date is less Dan 1600 dollars which is about 580k,and from my research ,we can get a gud hotel for less Dan 400k for 20nights..so if u do d math,we are still short of 1m mark

Less than 1m for 2 adult and 2 kids for flight to Dallas and 20 nights for hotel booking? You must be joking! [/quote]

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Salami71: 12:55am On Jun 29, 2017
I am not sure if Airbnb accept naira card for booking there hotels
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 3:44am On Jun 29, 2017
buchhogonzalez:

I don't have any relative in the U. S, however, while filling the DS160 form, I used a contact provided to me by an agent and claimed the person is my uncle. Apparently the agent has used same address for many others and I guess there was already n issue on ground.
While travelling, I used a different address (genuine), but the CBP officials kept hammering on the fact that I lied and misrepresented facts t the point of applying for the visa.
Lest I forget, when I got it, I had to validate my passport using a machine before proceeding to meet an immigration officer. When I scanned my passport, the print out had a bold "X" on it. That was when I knew there was an issue.

Why didn't the idi.o.t just use a hotel?
Things like this just give me a headache! In this era of expensive tickets

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 7:09am On Jun 29, 2017
asid:

Hope you got your text?

@asid i havent got a text from them, i checked online yesterday its still with the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 7:10am On Jun 29, 2017
fpeter:

Please give us the transcript...how did the interview go?

@fpeter i posted my transcript same day i went, read back u wld find it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fpeter(f): 10:05am On Jun 29, 2017
mzjennypher:

@fpeter i posted my transcript same day i went, read back u wld find it.

Okay, thanks...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by austinelex: 11:06am On Jun 29, 2017
9jaStar:
150 to 170 what? Dollars, pounds, euros, Naira?
Whatever it is, must be challenging to survive on just 170 Naira/dollars/pounds. . .

i min 170k in a month
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fpeter(f): 12:33pm On Jun 29, 2017
Propertyeighty:
I have learnt so much on this thread,and i want to say God bless you all!
Im male and work with a manufacturing company as an HR officer and i want to visit the US to spend my annual leave this year,im married with 3 kids but i want to make this trip alone.
I dont have any travel history.
Please what are my chances?
I need info on how to go about it.
Thanks!

If i were you, i'd look for a conference to attend during my visit.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fpeter(f): 2:14pm On Jun 29, 2017
unlimitedgrace4:
Pls like how much WL be enof to 3weeks holiday in Dallas,Texas for 2 adult,and 2kids less Dan 12yrs old.I figure less Dan 1m naira WL sort our flight and hotel for 20nights...what remain now is money for food ,transport and shopping...most hotels only give free breakfast..thanks

Even Dubai will cost more than what you estimated...Do you know what the exchange rate is going for?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fpeter(f): 2:21pm On Jun 29, 2017
@LadyGuinivere

Well done my good lady, I have an upcoming interview in July. My nerves are running riots because i was denied in 2013.
My sister was granted a visa just yesterday but instead of making me feel better it has heightened my anxiety, I plan to
spend my wedding anniversary and birthday in the USA, I am travelling with my hubby. Do you think those reasons are
good enough? I also have a brother in the USA but we intend staying in a hotel for our privacy, although we will stay in
the same state with him. Does it matter that we won't be staying in his house, if they ask if we will be visiting him, should
i say yes or that he would be visiting our hotel instead. My reason for choosing the state he lives in, is so that he can actually
visit us with his family.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ggee(m): 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
The ticket you quoted specified per-person (pp) ...

unlimitedgrace4:
Well,d visa was granted last week ,I plan to go on vacation Wt my wife and our 2 daughters...unfortunately we can't make it dis year again cos our annual leave is far spent..so we plan to make it first of June to 21st of June next year God willing...so from my research online,KLM return ticket on d said date is less Dan 1600 dollars which is about 580k,and from my research ,we can get a gud hotel for less Dan 400k for 20nights..so if u do d math,we are still short of 1m mark

Less than 1m for 2 adult and 2 kids for flight to Dallas and 20 nights for hotel booking? You must be joking!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:07pm On Jun 29, 2017
unlimitedgrace4:

Less than 1m for 2 adult and 2 kids for flight to Dallas and 20 nights for hotel booking? You must be joking!

Bros you're on your own ooo.. $1525 is per passenger not for 4 passenger check it well it said $1525 pp which means per passenger....oya do the calculation sharp sharp grin grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:10pm On Jun 29, 2017
fpeter:
@LadyGuinivere

Well done my good lady, I have an upcoming interview in July. My nerves are running riots because i was denied in 2013.
My sister was granted a visa just yesterday but instead of making me feel better it has heightened my anxiety, I plan to
spend my wedding anniversary and birthday in the USA, I am travelling with my hubby. Do you think those reasons are
good enough? I also have a brother in the USA but we intend staying in a hotel for our privacy, although we will stay in
the same state with him. Does it matter that we won't be staying in his house, if they ask if we will be visiting him, should
i say yes or that he would be visiting our hotel instead. My reason for choosing the state he lives in, is so that he can actually

How I wish you could talk about your ties... Why are you worrying over inconsequential details.. if your ties are on point you will get the visa so how long have you been working? where have you travel to? how much do you earn? do you have children?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kraba: 3:32pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hi all.

Will be visiting the US real soon with DW and 4kids, POE is JFK. My relative who is our host was stated in our DS 160 during renewal via Dropbox as the sponsor of the trip. We will also be staying at his place.

Question: Will 9k dollars extra take along cash appear excessive to the CBP officers?

Note: Our stay is for 4weeks

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:14pm On Jun 29, 2017
fpeter:
@LadyGuinivere

Fpeter
If I'm not mistaken , we met at redemption camp last year at the special Holy Ghost service?
I greet o
In answer to your question. The truth is always the most natural answer :
It is a good reason to stay in a hotel for a wedding anniversary. Can you afford it? If yes. Awesome
How can u be in the same state with your brother and not exchange visits? Now that I would find weird if I were a vo
Travelling for anniversary ? Fab idea. Can u afford it?
The key to success in any interview is to have an answer to questions. The truth is always faster n comes with better body language.
However the key issue like Seye said is ties.
Why were u refused the ist time?
Keep on reading transcripts to pick up tips
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Fpeter
If I'm not mistaken , we met at redemption camp last year at the special Holy Ghost service?
I greet o
It is a good reason to stay in a hotel for a wedding anniversary. Can you afford it? If yes. Awesome
How can u be in the same state with your brother and not exchange visits? Now that I would find weird if I was a vo
Travelling for anniversary ? Fan idea. Can u afford it?
The key to success in any interview is to have an answer to questions. The truth is always faster n comes with better body language.
However the key issue like dele said is ties.
Dele ke grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2017
seyewest:

Dele ke grin grin grin
t
My brother that is how auto correct will be embarrassing it's mother. Sorry ooooo cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
t
My brother that is how auto correct will be embarrassing it's mother. Sorry ooooo cheesy
grin grin grin I know
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fpeter(f): 5:32pm On Jun 29, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Fpeter
I greet o
How can u be in the same state with your brother and not exchange visits? Now that I would find weird if I were a vo
Travelling for anniversary ? Fab idea. Can u afford it?
However the key issue like Seye said is ties.

Wow! very true, I was @ the camp, small world or rather small NL.. grin
I was single in 2013, I had a brother who was a citizen in the USA, maybe they thought i'd abscond.
I'm married now but my husband lives in the UK (legally) he's an EU citizen entitled to visa waiver (ESTA)
I hope they won't say my Nigerian ties are still not strong enough, seeing that hubby lives in the UK?
I work here in Nigeria and my pay is very reasonable too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fpeter(f): 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2017
seyewest:

How I wish you could talk about your ties... Why are you worrying over inconsequential details.. if your ties are on point you will get the visa so how long have you been working? where have you travel to? how much do you earn? do you have children?

Thanks. This is my 6th year on the same job.
I have been to the UK, Dubai..even as at 2013 when i was denied o.
I earn decently. No children for now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jW16: 8:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
Good day House! I'm new here.

Please I just got married two months back and I intend taking my wife for honeymoon to the US. We are both first time travellers, I work with a company and salary between 150k to 200k.

Please what are my chances of getting the visa. thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2017
jW16:

Please I just got married two months back and I intend taking my wife for honeymoon to the US. We are both first time travellers, I work with a company and salary between 150k to 200k.

Take a coin
Choose a side
Toss the coin
What is the probability of you getting your chosen side?
That's the answer to your question.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:27pm On Jun 29, 2017
jW16:

You can try your luck but look towards Seychelles,Maldives,caribbean I'm not sure U.S will issue you visa based on your ties... but you can always try... after all we're not God and V.O
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ologun01(m): 9:48pm On Jun 29, 2017
pls, quick question

if i selected lagos as my visit visa location...can i book my interview appointment for abuja? or must the location be same as interview place

thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by goodman31: 12:46am On Jun 30, 2017
Please I made a mistake on my place of birth and I have already submitted the form how do I change it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 4:23am On Jun 30, 2017
Those are inconsequential details, but the simple answer is to just tell the truth.
However, the real issue will be your ties, not whether or not you're visiting

fpeter:
@LadyGuinivere

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 4:28am On Jun 30, 2017
This wicked get haff come again

LadyGuinivere:

Take a coin
Choose a side
Toss the coin
What is the probability of you getting your chosen side?
That's the answer to your question.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fabiyem1983: 4:30am On Jun 30, 2017
I was denied a US B2/B2 visa today and I don't know the reason why I was denied.
VO: Good morning
Me:Good morning madam
VO:Your passport
Me:I passed my passport.
VO:What are your travelling plan
Me:I wanna go on vacation
VO:Where in the US.
Me:I mentioned the place I'm going
VO:Are u married
Me:I said yes
VO:Have u travelled before
Me:Yes
VO:Where do u work
Me:I answered
VO:What did u do
Me: I said I'm the operations officer
VO:She started typing and said sorry u can not be issued a visa now.
Pls can I know where I went wrong

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 4:56am On Jun 30, 2017
fabiyem1983:
I was denied a US B2/B2 visa today and I don't know the reason why I was denied.
i guess you didn't answer this question appropriately.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 5:01am On Jun 30, 2017
If you really want folks to help, you'll have to provide details of what exactly you said. You could be going to New York to visit the Statue of Liberty or Florida to DisneyWorld.

One would make sense for an adult, the other, not so much

fabiyem1983:

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.