Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,085 members, 7,828,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1538217 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:28am On Jun 30, 2017
What are your travelling plan? I wanna go on vacation.

fabiyem1983:
I was denied a US B2/B2 visa today and I don't know the reason why I was denied.
VO: Good morning
Me:Good morning madam
VO:Your passport
Me:I passed my passport.
VO:What are your travelling plan
Me:I wanna go on vacation
VO:Where in the US.
Me:I mentioned the place I'm going
VO:Are u married
Me:I said yes
VO:Have u travelled before
Me:Yes
VO:Where do u work
Me:I answered
VO:What did u do
Me: I said I'm the operations officer
VO:She started typing and said sorry u can not be issued a visa now.
Pls can I know where I went wrong
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by goodman31: 8:47am On Jun 30, 2017
Good morning lady G and all gurus. Please I filled my ds160 and submitted only to discovered I made a mistake. I refilled another because I haven't paid or make any booking.please I hope it won't count against me.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by unclephilio123(m): 9:41am On Jun 30, 2017
fabiyem1983:
I was denied a US B2/B2 visa today and I don't know the reason why I was denied.
Oh...sorry about your denial. To me,you may answered appropriately but your body languages may worked contrary.
Don't forget that apart from ties that people always mentioned here,confidence and composture also count.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jW16: 9:49am On Jun 30, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Take a coin
Choose a side
Toss the coin
What is the probability of you getting your chosen side?
That's the answer to your question.

Thanks for the reply. A colleague friend of mine told me that i have to apply for a family visa and also make an hotel reservation as i would also prove that i have been granted leave from my company for such, with that my chances are high. You are the guru, please kindly throw more light on these.
Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by goodman31: 10:13am On Jun 30, 2017
[Please help me out sirs and maquote author=goodman31 post=57977134]Good morning lady G and all gurus. Please I filled my ds160 and submitted only to discovered I made a mistake. I refilled another because I haven't paid or make any booking.please I hope it won't count against me.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:38am On Jun 30, 2017
jW16:

Thanks for the reply. A colleague friend of mine told me that i have to apply for a family visa and also make an hotel reservation as i would also prove that i have been granted leave from my company for such, with that my chances are high. You are the guru, please kindly throw more light on these.
Thanks.
What are your ties to Nigeria... What will make you return to Nigeria? You should able to answer this before thinking about leave at work and hotel reservation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolawoleoladipo: 10:43am On Jun 30, 2017
You didn't explain you travelling plans very well. I think you should have explained your plans better, better luck next time
fabiyem1983:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 11:59am On Jun 30, 2017
Hello, I am new here and I am happy I found this thread. You guys are doing a great job. Please I have a few questions to ask.
I and my daughter were issued b1/b2 visas Sept 2015 because we wanted to go for a family vacation with my husband (who already had his visa). A week to our planned trip I fell sick and I discovered I was pregnant with some complications. I was advised against long distance travel so we had to cancel the trip. I gave birth to my twin boys on June 2016 through C-section and took time out to recover and nurse my boys, they turned 1 year old this month.
We are planning to go for that family vacation October this year(thats when my husband would be on leave), but I and my daughter's Visas would have expired by then. So my questions are:
1. Would our not using the visas affect our chances of having the visas renewed?
2. Would our application be by drop box or do I have the option of appearing for interview so that I can explain my reasons for not traveling?
3. We want to apply for the 1 year old twins, since they are minors are they appearing for interview or should I apply for them along with mine and daughter's via drop box.
4. Finally, can we apply now or wait till after the visa expires before applying?
I look forward to your reply to these questions. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:49pm On Jun 30, 2017
lymelyte:
i guess you didn't answer this question appropriately.

All the answers were not answered properly

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jW16: 1:26pm On Jun 30, 2017
seyewest:

What are your ties to Nigeria... What will make you return to Nigeria? You should able to answer this before thinking about leave at work and hotel reservation.

I have a business on the side, all my siblings are here plus I am also running a masters at the moment.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2017
@encoded
1. You can apply shortly before expiration or after it has expired
2. You qualify for drop box whether you used it or not. As long as u renew within a year. If you however decide to appear for a needless interview., that would be by choice.
3. The twins do not qualify for drop box. An adult Guardian will have to take them for an interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:22pm On Jun 30, 2017
jW16:

Thanks.
No. Your friend is wrong. There is nothing like family visa for the US. Neither do they check documents.
For me to "throw more light" , I would have to run through the whole process which isn't what I do. I help people out after they have put in effort.
1. Read the US embassy website and check out the visa types
2. Go through this thread. Pick 30 random pages. Skim through or use the search button. When you're through I'll CLARIFY any confusions
3. Finally focus your attn on ties as already advised. That is the koko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fabiyem1983: 5:06pm On Jun 30, 2017
@kolawoleoladipo How would I have explained my travelling plans.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fabiyem1983: 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
jW16:

I have a business on the side, all my siblings are here plus I am also running a masters at the moment.

The visa officer never gave room for explanation she just went start to make her decision.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:31pm On Jun 30, 2017
fabiyem1983:

From the way you narrated your transcript.... I wonder how you answered.
Can u post a COMPREHENSIVE TRANSCRIPT?
"I answered" is not any thing to lean on in helping u. Be that as it may. Pele. Sit it out and improve your ties
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolawoleoladipo: 6:42pm On Jun 30, 2017
You nailed it, Gbam!
LadyGuinivere:

From the way you narrated your transcript.... I wonder how you answered.
Can u post a COMPREHENSIVE TRANSCRIPT?
"I answered" is not any thing to lean on in helping u. Be that as it may. Pele. Sit it out and improve your ties

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2017
fabiyem1983:
I will be visiting New York city for sightseeing.. I will visit the statue of liberty,wall street,world trade center memorial,time square,brooklyn and manhattan.. it's tourist paradise from what I've read and seen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Believe13: 9:24pm On Jun 30, 2017
Want to say a very big thank you to everyone that attended to all my question. Collected my passport on Wednesday(2yrs Visa granted). So happy . I applied with my family.

VO: Hello
We: morning
VO: where are you going?
Me: mentioned the state
VO: what are you going to do
Hubby: Vacation
VO: where do you work
Hubby: XYZ
VO: What are your duties
Hubby: bla bla bla
Me: same questions asked as above
Me: I asked, is the D's -160 gender specific?because I couldn't fill my previous job.
VO: oh, I didn't know. Thank you for the feedback. Will check it.
VO: come back for your passport after 3days .

Then handed over the white paper. So happy.
Thanks everyone.I learnt so much here. Pls keep up the good work. Good bless your all.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2017
A question for the thread, A P.A is traveling with his boss to U.S which visa category will he choose? The Boss is going for training and seminar he's there to arrange his calendar and also attend to his call and email while he's busy with the training.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 11:57pm On Jun 30, 2017
seyewest:
A question for the thread, A P.A is traveling with his boss to U.S which visa category will he choose? The Boss is going for training and seminar he's there to arrange his calendar and also attend to his call and email while he's busy with the training.

Me thinks it is a business trip. Oga Seye, Me too I can carry bag and answer phone call o. grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 12:05am On Jul 01, 2017
bigbus:

Me thinks it is a business trip. Oga Seye, Me too I can carry bag and answer phone call o. grin

PA to SA to SSA to Gov! Lolz
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 6:00am On Jul 01, 2017
LadyGuinivere:
@encoded
1. You can apply shortly before expiration or after it has expired
2. You qualify for drop box whether you used it or not. As long as u renew within a year. If you however decide to appear for a needless interview., that would be by choice.
3. The twins do not qualify for drop box. An adult Guardian will have to take them for an interview

Thanks for your response and keep up the good job.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 10:14am On Jul 01, 2017
This cracks me up. Lolll.
You never reach the Yankee, you dey speak 'I wanna'!
Is that even English you speak in an interview??.

KaptainAfrika:
What are your travelling plan? I wanna go on vacation.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fabiyem1983: 10:30am On Jul 01, 2017
Me:I said minnesota
Me:I said yes with a daughter
Me:Yes to ghana
Me:I mentioned my company's name
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fabiyem1983: 11:14am On Jul 01, 2017
VO:How long have u worked there?
Me:1 year plus
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 11:19am On Jul 01, 2017
1. VO:What are your travelling plan
2. VO:Are u married
3. VO:What did u do

For number 1: Don't give brief answers - talk until you are stopped, I am going to X because of the beautiful Y, then I will head to Z...(it shows that you've done your research about your destination, a guy was once asked the cost of tickets to and from his destination.)

For number 2: Please guys, only answer what you were asked - Are you married? Yes. (adding any other information, can be viewed as an attempt to score points).

For number 3: What did u do/What do u do? - you can start with you job title, then talk about your roles and responsibilities. (this should be along the same theme, as what you filled in the form but not verbatim.)

Sorry you didn't get the visa, to me you have the ties but then these things are at the discretion of the VO. I recommend you reapply after 3 months.

fabiyem1983:

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 11:24am On Jul 01, 2017
You will be surprised. A lot of candidates want to impress the VO. My last interview - I saw a man wearing the traditional efik dress for a chief, him and his wife - from the look on their face, they were rejected.

iyaaliyah:
This cracks me up. Lolll.
You never reach the Yankee, you dey speak 'I wanna'!
Is that even English you speak in an interview??.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
nefertitiram:

PA to SA to SSA to Gov! Lolz
lolzzzzz Mama rest for naija small... grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by khasm(m): 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
fabiyem1983:

The visa officer never gave room for explanation she just went start to make her decision.

Ma/sir,
In my opinion, you did not do justice to 2 questions you were asked.
US visa interview is more of academical if i can say that, or better still, like a graduate applying for job interview.( irrespective of your status)And this is why, alot of people that seems qualified were not given visa, and we keep asking ourselves ' what did i do wrng?', ' why was i not given?', ' the VO is in a bad mood today'.etc.

If you run through the thread, you will observe one thing in common during interviews....that the VOs have standard questions they ask applicants, irrespective of your status or ties...they know what they want from you before they can further ask you for ties, failure to deliver what they want to hear when answering, you will not move to the next stage of the interview.

Take for instance, you were asked ' what are your travel plans?......
You said ' you wanna gonna.... undecided go on vacation.
For me, i expected you to go into brief details,probably of your itinerary....dnt overdo and sound desperate, but sell yourself.
People tend to talk about confidence and composture, that......it is the key, but this is where the confidence ish come in to play...not by making up once mind that ' its not a do or die affair' and think that is confidence.NO.
And not by looking into the eye of the VO, or by answering str8 B when VO asked you A.

Secondly, you were asked,' what do you do?'
You said, ' you are an operation officer'
Is that what you do? cry
This is why i said US intervuew is more like academical or like job interview....my opinion anyways.

I was surprised you still didnt realise anything wrong wit your convo..
Note all i said and refire...you will spot the difference.
Good luck wink

10 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by veegal: 4:42am On Jul 02, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, thanks to everyone for your efforts & contributions. Our interview (my daughter & I) is this week and that of my mum is in a month's time. Remember, I told you earlier that I have 2 brothers who are citizens, I was able to swap my Ds-160 form to include my brother's address as the place we will be staying instead of the hotel I used earlier.

The US Embassy contacted one of my brothers in the US who hasn't been home for a while now to verify if he knew my mum & their relationship. They asked why he hasn't been home since and if he was ready to receive my mum and he said yes that he invited her. My brother called us immediately to inform us and we were surprised!

My advice to all is to be sincere in your applications as The US Embassy still does background checks. Will post my transcript & that of my mum after our interviews . Thanks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Pesuzok(m): 7:10am On Jul 02, 2017
Believe13:
Want to say a very big thank you to everyone that attended to all my question. Collected my passport on Wednesday(2yrs Visa granted). So happy . I applied with my family.

VO: Hello
We: morning
VO: where are you going?
Me: mentioned the state
VO: what are you going to do
Hubby: Vacation

VO: where do you work
Hubby: XYZ
VO: What are your duties
Hubby: bla bla bla
Me: same questions asked as above
Me: I asked, is the D's -160 gender specific?because I couldn't fill my previous job.
VO: oh, I didn't know. Thank you for the feedback. Will check it.
VO: come back for your passport after 3days .

Then handed over the white paper. So happy.
Thanks everyone.I learnt so much here. Pls keep up the good work. Good bless your all.

It is not always how you answer the questions. If your ties are not strong, you might still be denied.

The OP I quoted responded with just 'vacation' and was granted.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:57pm On Jul 02, 2017
Pesuzok:

It is not always how you answer the questions. If your ties are not strong, you might still be denied.

The OP I quoted responded with just 'vacation' and was granted.
I agree. The ds 160, and back ground checks go a long way. If u want speak like erudite proffessor with no ties....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.