Stats: 3,152,127 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533163 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2017
akinjis:
Good morning too everybody here...have always been a silent reader for a while now..pls I need help on how too write a statement of purpose on MBA in communication and public Relation please
This is a U.S Non Immigration visa section if truly you're a silent reader you won't even ask us on how to help you on that subject matter.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:09pm On Sep 06, 2017
abumoney:

Thanks bro, but since I already submitted the DS-160 form, how do I then go about the uploading? Thanks in anticipation, House
You have to fill another form and upload the picture and update the new ds160 number in your appointment profile page.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by donhay: 8:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
[congrats.. Insha Allah I'll give my success story soon too
quote author=lola59 post=60199550]Kindly let me keep my profile anonymous as I got some preying eyes on my profile. Had my interview yesterday at the Lagos Embassy, 8:15 appointment, Window 4, white guy with beards. Actually my second interview after been denied last year June.
Vo Good morning
Me Good morning, how is it going?
Vo Fine, how are you
Me Am fine
Vo Why are you going to the US
Me Am going for Vacation and Site Seeing
Vo Where in the US
Me New York City
Vo You got any children?
Me No kids
Vo Are you married?
Me Very Single
Vo Where do you work
Me British American xxxxx as a xxxxxx
Vo How do you go about your job there?
Me I told him what we basically check for in my lab and how we go about it, this wasn't the basic write up in the DS 160 so i further emphasized the job duties outlined on the form.
Vo How do you go about calibration (I talked about conducting planned calibration in my duties)
Me I told him the equipments we calibrate and explained the weighing balance specifically using the 200g n 100g standard
Vo Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me This would be my first trip
Vo Typing and looking at me intermittently, sometimes looking away. (I know say na me you dey look, mesev look am for eye)
Vo I will approve your passport blah blah blah

I was just blank at the point I saw him put my passport aside, he gave me the white slip.
AM IN NO POSITION TO GIVE ADVICE COS ALL I ENJOYED WAS GRACE, ALLAH'S RAHMA SHONE ON ME cos obviously no difference and no change in my status since last year. THE ONLY CHANGE BEING I INCLUDED INTENDED FLIGHT ON THE DS 160 (Egypt Air)
1. No travel history, yes I was advised to get WA visas but am not a fan
2. Single with no kids, I chose not to get a "companion"
3. I lost a passport 2013, A friend told me not to declare that, but I refused.
My whole epistle, DON'T LIE NO MATTER HOW MINUTE.
PRAY, PRAY N PRAY.
And also know your strong point and when the VO gives you a chance to sell yourself (which you gonna get), make it count!!![/quote]

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by donhay: 8:26pm On Sep 06, 2017
Congrats.. Insha Allah I'll share my success transcript soon too
lola59:
Kindly let me keep my profile anonymous as I got some preying eyes on my profile. Had my interview yesterday at the Lagos Embassy, 8:15 appointment, Window 4, white guy with beards. Actually my second interview after been denied last year June.
Vo Good morning
Vo Fine, how are you
Me Am fine
Vo Where in the US
Me New York City
Vo You got any children?
Me No kids
Vo Are you married?
Me Very Single
Vo Where do you work
Me I told him what we basically check for in my lab and how we go about it, this wasn't the basic write up in the DS 160 so i further emphasized the job duties outlined on the form.
Vo How do you go about calibration (I talked about conducting planned calibration in my duties)
Me I told him the equipments we calibrate and explained the weighing balance specifically using the 200g n 100g standard
Vo Typing and looking at me intermittently, sometimes looking away. (I know say na me you dey look, mesev look am for eye)

I was just blank at the point I saw him put my passport aside, he gave me the white slip.
AM IN NO POSITION TO GIVE ADVICE COS ALL I ENJOYED WAS GRACE, ALLAH'S RAHMA SHONE ON ME cos obviously no difference and no change in my status since last year. THE ONLY CHANGE BEING I INCLUDED INTENDED FLIGHT ON THE DS 160 (Egypt Air)
PRAY, PRAY N PRAY.
And also know your strong point and when the VO gives you a chance to sell yourself (which you gonna get), make it count!!!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lollytk(f): 8:54pm On Sep 06, 2017
Good day everyone and all Gurus in the house, I will be applying for US visit visa by end of these month with my husband with plan of staying for 2 weeks, I'm pregnant and my protruding stomach is already showing ,hope it won't be an hindrance to success of my visa, plus I'm naturally a nervous person how do I cope with it? Your advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 9:14pm On Sep 06, 2017
donhay:
[congrats.. Insha Allah I'll give my success story soon too
quote author=lola59 post=60199550]Kindly let me keep my profile anonymous as I got some preying eyes on my profile. Had my interview yesterday at the Lagos Embassy, 8:15 appointment, Window 4, white guy with beards. Actually my second interview after been denied last year June.
Vo Good morning
Vo Fine, how are you
Me Am fine
Vo Where in the US
Me New York City
Vo You got any children?
Me No kids
Vo Are you married?
Me Very Single
Vo Where do you work

PRAY, PRAY N PRAY.
And also know your strong point and when the VO gives you a chance to sell yourself (which you gonna get), make it count!!!
Congrats, window 4 is blessed.. Nice interview and full of grace

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Coefficient(m): 9:32pm On Sep 06, 2017
Once, I went for the US visa interview after a failed attempt two years prior. My first application was fraught with bogus claims and huge misrepresentations.

I didn't even earn anything near what I claimed, wasn't married as indicated. All of these were at the instance of an agent hired by my Dad and coupled with his strong desire to see me cross the divide.

I was flatly denied, much to my own delight cos I wasn't quite comfortable with the huge lies.

In my second application, I decided to come clean because I wanted to clear the misrepresentation. I could be called to travel for work anytime and if I was refused based on prior application, it would be a huge dent on my integrity.

Off I went to embassy with the utmost aim of clearing myself and not necessarily to secure the visa. Here's my transcript:

VO: Good Morning. Pass me your passport. Where are you going to?
Me: I'm going to California (Big gaffe! I was going to Ohio but was fixated on my previous application where California was the intended destination)
VO: Why are you going to California?
Me: I'm going to attend my cousin's wedding and also spend my annual leave, a month long. I haven't gone on leave in the last two years and I think I should reward myself for working that long. (At this point, I realized my error and seized the opportunity to correct my destination and talk extensively about my first application. I told him about all the misrepresentations, affirmed my single status, dispelled the salary claims and every other wrong information therein. The VO nodded his head and started smiling at this point)
VO: Next, he asked: where do you work?
Me: I work with xxxxx, a marketing communications company at the level of Deputy Manager
VO: How long have you been working?
Me: 4 years in my current profession
VO: How long have you been working with your current company?
Me: 2 years now
VO: You've worked elsewhere before?
Me: Yeah, started my career with xxxx but I also worked in xxxx, my father's company which was responsible for my initial application. (Another opportunity to further discuss the first denial. Told him about the company and why I left)
VO: Tell me about your job (Another opportunity to talk about my enjoyable job. At this point, it had become a friendly chat. He was quite intrigued by my responses. It further strengthened my confidence and I was coasting. He even leaned forward and we maintained eye contact all through. I told him about past project, current and upcoming ones)
VO: Nice. So you're going to Ohio for your cousin's wedding?
Me: Yeah and to spend my leave too (We we're both chuckling here)
VO: Are you married or engaged? He asked again)
Me: No, I'm not married or even engaged! I'm very single. (He laughed)
VO: Ok, I believe you, I believe you. I'll approve your visa now. This paper explains how to pick your visa in the next three days.
Me: Thank you

I walked out without looking back, emotionless. To be honest, I wasn't carried away. I wasn't even listening to the security guy who was hailing me. I just rushed out. I had a meeting to attend.

I insisted on coming clean on all misrepresentations despite people telling me to maintain a lie. For me, when you tell a lie, you need a bigger lie to cover it up. Since another opportunity has presented itself to come clean, why don't I take it?

The outcome will be dependent on the VO. To be honest, I wasn't really bothered if I was gonna get the visa or not. I wasn't fidgety or nervous. I just wanted to get it over with and clear my mind and for future applications.

Quite honestly, I did say a simple prayer that morning on my way. I said God should not let me fail where others have succeeded. I said this because I believe in God and my colleague had secured his even though he was my subordinate and earned way below what I earned.

I'm sharing this here because I owe it a duty to this forum and this section in particular. I have been here a long time and I read this section and US visa threads extensively for that application. The outcome? A success! I had never been outside Nigeria before when I secured this visa.

Let me just add this, visa applications and interviews are no big deals. Not at all! Fill your form yourself; you're in control. Be articulate in answering the questions. State all facts clearly and be honest. Stick to same story at your interview.

My POE is another experience all together. I made it to secondary inspection at JFK...lol grin

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:37pm On Sep 06, 2017
lollytk:
Good day everyone and all Gurus in the house, I will be applying for US visit visa by end of these month with my husband with plan of staying for 2 weeks, I'm pregnant and my protruding stomach is already showing ,hope it won't be an hindrance to success of my visa, plus I'm naturally a nervous person how do I cope with it? Your advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Hope you're applying for medical visa to have your baby in U.S
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jj17cv(m): 9:40pm On Sep 06, 2017
@ lola59
Congrats,did you declare your passport loss in your first application
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:47pm On Sep 06, 2017
Coefficient:
Once, I went for the US visa interview after a failed attempt two years prior. My first application was fraught with bogus claims and huge misrepresentations.

I didn't even earn anything near what I claimed, wasn't married as indicated. All of these were at the instance of an agent hired by my Dad and coupled with his strong desire to see me cross the divide.

I was flatly denied, much to my own delight cos I wasn't quite comfortable with the huge lies.

In my second application, I decided to come clean because I wanted to clear the misrepresentation. I could be called to travel for work anytime and if I was refused based on prior application, it would be a huge dent on my integrity.

Off I went to embassy with the utmost aim of clearing myself and not necessarily to secure the visa. Here's my transcript:

Me: I'm going to California (Big gaffe! I was going to Ohio but was fixated on my previous application where California was the intended destination)
Me: I'm going to attend my cousin's wedding and also spend my annual leave, a month long. I haven't gone on leave in the last two years and I think I should reward myself for working that long. (At this point, I realized my error and seized the opportunity to correct my destination and talk extensively about my first application. I told him about all the misrepresentations, affirmed my single status, dispelled the salary claims and every other wrong information therein. The VO nodded his head and started smiling at this point)
Me: I work with xxxxx, a marketing communications company at the level of Deputy Manager
Me: Yeah, started my career with xxxx but I also worked in xxxx, my father's company which was responsible for my initial application. (Another opportunity to further discuss the first denial. Told him about the company and why I left)
VO: Tell me about your job (Another opportunity to talk about my enjoyable job. At this point, it had become a friendly chat. He was quite intrigued by my responses. It further strengthened my confidence and I was coasting. He even leaned forward and we maintained eye contact all through. I told him about past project, current and upcoming ones)
VO: Ok, I believe you, I believe you. I'll approve your visa now. This paper explains how to pick your visa in the next three days.

My POE is another experience all together. I made it to secondary inspection at JFK...lol grin
wow wow Thank you for the comprehensive transcript and this is an avenue to dispel rumor that misinterpretation can not be overturned if you confess your sin also there's still chances for applicant to come clean although coming clean does not guarantee visa but it will clean your slate.
Waiting eagerly for the POE experience.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Coefficient(m): 10:08pm On Sep 06, 2017
seyewest:

wow wow Thank you for the comprehensive transcript and this is an avenue to dispel rumor that misinterpretation can not be overturned if you confess your sin also there's still chances for applicant to come clean although coming clean does not guarantee visa but it will clean your slate.
Waiting eagerly for the POE experience.

Lol... grin

It was long time coming. I've been here a long time. Just been lazy about writing this. I hope it helps someone though.

As for POE experience, I believe there's an appropriate thread for that. I'll write that later. Make I watch this Netbusters first... grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 10:41pm On Sep 06, 2017
Coefficient:

I walked out without looking back, emotionless. To be honest, I wasn't carried away. I wasn't even listening to the security guy who was hailing me. I just rushed out. I had a meeting to attend.

I insisted on coming clean on all misrepresentations despite people telling me to maintain a lie. For me, when you tell a lie, you need a bigger lie to cover it up. Since another opportunity has presented itself to come clean, why don't I take it?

The outcome will be dependent on the VO. To be honest, I wasn't really bothered if I was gonna get the visa or not. I wasn't fidgety or nervous. I just wanted to get it over with and clear my mind and for future applications.

Quite honestly, I did say a simple prayer that morning on my way. I said God should not let me fail where others have succeeded. I said this because I believe in God and my colleague had secured his even though he was my subordinate and earned way below what I earned.

I'm sharing this here because I owe it a duty to this forum and this section in particular. I have been here a long time and I read this section and US visa threads extensively for that application. The outcome? A success! I had never been outside Nigeria before when I secured this visa.

Let me just add this, visa applications and interviews are no big deals. Not at all! Fill your form yourself; you're in control. Be articulate in answering the questions. State all facts clearly and be honest. Stick to same story at your interview.

I love this so much

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tjeez1: 12:16am On Sep 07, 2017
Hello gurus in the house,my interview is October pls what document do i need to go with?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Coefficient(m): 12:21am On Sep 07, 2017
tjeez1:
Hello gurus in the house,my interview is October pls what document do i need to go with?

Your application confirmation page
Your visa fee receipt
Your appointment schedule

Don't bother taking bank documents or any other 'supporting documents.' No VO will request to see them.

But if you think it will help your confidence, feel free to pack a bag full of documents. You're welcome grin

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ladylco: 5:10am On Sep 07, 2017
Coefficient:

Congratulations. Nice!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lollytk(f): 8:24am On Sep 07, 2017
seyewest:

Hope you're applying for medical visa to have your baby in U.S
no, I will be due next year , do u advice I apply for medical visa in case?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:13am On Sep 07, 2017
lollytk:

That's your likely best option as birthing seems to be your real reason/purpose of travel. Either ways, the protrusion is a major hurdle to beat I swear. Holidaying purpose will hardly get that visa at this time in the Nigeria-US Embassy relationship history!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by doyinwbaby: 9:22am On Sep 07, 2017
babcock be representing!
congrats!
post=59591716:

Was scheduled for 10. Got there at 8:45. Was interview at window 5 (or 4 sha) a slim Asian-looking guy. Dude has been rejecting applications before it got to my turn.
Interview goes thus;

VO: how are u
Me: I'm fine (was nervous)
VO: why are u going to the US
Me: going for a two-day training at Schaumburg
VO: oh I see, Illinois rite?
Me: yh
VO: what's the training about
Me: .......
VO: who's funding this
Me: my employer
VO: where do you work
Me:...bank
VO: is it a newly introduced Prog. In ur organization
Me: no, it's been on since march
VO: can I have docs related to the training
Me: I'm sorry I don't have any here, the docs are with the unit that handles travelling. I only hav introduction letter from my employer
VO: ok
(At this stage, I thought I had lost it)
VO: what's ur office mail
Me: ....
(He nodded his head)
VO: I see you are married
Me: yh
VO: you have a child?
Me: yh, a daughter
VO: What course did you study?
Me: economics
VO: where
Me: babcock
VO: can u tell the difference btw micro and macro economics
Me: .......
VO: tell me issues relating to micro and macro economics, one each
Me: .....answered
VO typed for a minute
VO: pick up ur visa after 3 days at....
Me: thanks

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:56am On Sep 07, 2017
lollytk:
No go will believe you just wanna vacation. Either you do the needful and apply to birth in the US or just wait
#myopinion
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ekoboy: 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2017
TWoods:

Yes you should...

I can assure you that you'll be denied again and you'll be back asking of how to correct "mistakes" on your application.

This is really unfortunate! How do you sleep well with your negativitism. Some positive guidance from you will do more to discourage people from using agents.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sihamey: 1:56pm On Sep 07, 2017
I had my interview today but refused, my transcript

Vo : good morning
Me: morning
Vo: what are you going for in Minneapolis?
Me: for relogions seminar
Vo: how much do you earn?
Me: 2*****
Vo; have you travel before
Me: yes Côte d'ilvour
He went in side with my passport discussing with his colleagues for few minute's (as if he was confused on decision to take) he came back and hand over my passport with blue paper.

The program is shecdule October and I have a role to play at the seminar can I reapply immediately if I get Early appointment date before the seminar day?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by donhay: 2:16pm On Sep 07, 2017
I was given a blue paper at the Embassy today, I just still can't figure why. I was interviewed by a young black chick... My transcript thus:

VO: good morning
ME: good morning

VO: what's your mission in usa
ME: going there for a conference........
Scheduled to make a Paper Presentation n represent my company.

VO: What paper are you speaking on
ME: told her

VO: she said she doesn't what that is about
ME: I started explaining

VO: she asked for the invitation letter
ME: she read it keenly n started typing

VO: Are u married
ME: No... she continued typing
She inserted d blue paper in my passport n said it will explain further my denial.

The facts were stated in my ds 160 n my mission is real, sponsored by my company.
My Questions are should I reapply? If yes, can I get an appointment date before October 18th?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lollytk(f): 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

No go will believe you just wanna vacation. Either you do the needful and apply to birth in the US or just wait
#myopinion
thanks so much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lollytk(f): 2:51pm On Sep 07, 2017
OmoBendel24:

That's your likely best option as birthing seems to be your real reason/purpose of travel. Either ways, the protrusion is a major hurdle to beat I swear. Holidaying purpose will hardly get that visa at this time in the Nigeria-US Embassy relationship history!
thanks so much, though we don't have resources for birthing in US but I will consider it.God bless u.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Derende(m): 3:40pm On Sep 07, 2017
Sorry about the denial....October 13 is still available as at today. Best of luck next time.
donhay:
I was given a blue paper at the Embassy today, I just still can't figure why. I was interviewed by a young black chick... My transcript thus:

She inserted d blue paper in my passport n said it will explain further my denial.

The facts were stated in my ds 160 n my mission is real, sponsored by my company.
My Questions are should I reapply? If yes, can I get an appointment date before October 18th?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by donhay: 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2017
Thanks bro.. do u av an insight d reason for denial?
Derende:
Sorry about the denial....October 13 is still available as at today. Best of luck next time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 4:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
donhay:

Yes, u may reapply, dont relent... Prayer is the thing
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by donhay: 5:04pm On Sep 07, 2017
Thanks bro
Sebastine1606:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Derende(m): 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
From your denial, what I can deduce is that the problem might be coming from the conference in question. By the way what is the name of this conference, and who are those organising and attending this conference? Is it a publicized conferenced in the area that if I key it into the system on google search, the conference should pop up in the first page of google search, cos anything short of that, sometimes the vo might think the conference is not important. If all this things are OK, you can apply again as soon as possible. Best of luck next time.
donhay:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:25pm On Sep 07, 2017
Sebastine1606:

Three ways God answers
Yes
No
Wait for it.....
Sooo..

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:30pm On Sep 07, 2017
donhay:
Sorry dear about the waste of money.
Sorry also because I won't wax all positive.
I think the issue is "ties"
You aren't married. I suppose no travel history. Purpose of trip is always secondary to ties. Try going for a conference in Tanzania or another country first. Hugs and Kizzez
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:33pm On Sep 07, 2017
Derende:
From your denial, what I can deduce is that the problem might be coming from the conference in question. By the way what is the name of this conference, and who are those organising and attending this conference? Is it a publicized conferenced in the area that if I key it into the system on google search, the conference should pop up in the first page of google search, cos anything short of that, sometimes the vo might think the conference is not important. If all this things are OK, you can apply again as soon as possible. Best of luck next time.
Nwanne a user here was given visa for reason " to go and see snow for the first time"....

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119