Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,181 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1539221 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
prettyirene:

lady G its not true oh..it depends on the vo.. last year i went for us interview at abuja. i went through this forum thoroughly...thinking us interview 3mins highest my interview lasted over 15mins , i was even offered a seat .. the then vo checked all my documents from tax clearance to my practising license,to the pictures of the products i market,to my cac certificate..thank God all my documents where genuine including bank statement. i was still denied visa..so each individual case is treated differently just pray you meet a lienent VO..since then i have been skeptical about applying..
abuja vo's are something else.. Lagos vo's don't have time.. People full outside for interview.. grin

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
House please little verification..

Someone has just o level result, with other short degree but wants to apply for visit visa. But has a good money intact..age is 27.. How can the person defend it. Just a clue biko

Don't mind the grammar a little clue of dos and don't will be appreciated.. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by laolee(m): 8:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
Ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by laolee(m): 9:04pm On Sep 08, 2017
Ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by CyZubby(f): 9:05pm On Sep 08, 2017
Good evening house , please how long does a stamped passport stay in the DHL office before being returned back to the American Embsay please.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 08, 2017
CyZubby:
Good evening house , please how long does a stamped passport stay in the DHL office before being returned back to the American Embsay please.
u pick up at DHL in 3 days.. Check the white paper giving to you for pickup area..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by CyZubby(f): 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2017
Yes I know that the passport is always ready in three days time, my question is after the three days notice of collEcton how long extra can the passport stay in the DHL office? Because am currently out of the town. Please
smithsydny:
u pick up at DHL in 3 days.. Check the white paper giving to you for pickup area..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
CyZubby:
Yes I know that the passport is always ready in three days time, my question is after the three days notice of collEcton how long extra can the passport stay in the DHL office? Because am currently out of the town. Please
call customer care to find out

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by CyZubby(f): 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2017
Thanks alot
smithsydny:
call customer care to find out
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
Donaltus:
Please house can anyone give list of cheap hotel around the USA embassy in Lagos.....and the price
Use google my friend.... This is not our full time job.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
abumoney:

Alright, thanks bro. I did just that already, and also rescheduled an appointment for an earlier date. September 21st. Thanks once again.
You're welcome.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by wifey1: 10:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
It stays @ DHL maximum 30 days, after that it is returned to the embassy. It's written on the white paper.
CyZubby:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yomzee: 10:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
CyZubby:
30 days.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DoNotBeAfraid: 6:25am On Sep 09, 2017
seyewest:

Use google my friend.... This is not our full time job.
Please i need Urgent assistance, i filled and booked my appointment for 16th October 2017 when am supposed to be on vacation, now i have a work emergency in Turkey/Cyprus, and might spend up to 1month there depending on when i finish the work i have to do. now my question goes:

1. Can i book another appointment, there by having two possible interview date? 16th and maybe 23day? so if i can make it back to Nigeria on 16th then I take it and forfeit the latter . (even if i have to pay 64k for the second appointment).

2. I didn't fill the Turkey/Cyprus in my travel history, would there be any problem?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lexzyy(m): 7:42am On Sep 09, 2017
Donaltus:
Please house can anyone give list of cheap hotel around the USA embassy in Lagos.....and the price
immediately u get to obalende under d bridge ask for bayland guest house its after d post office, they av 4000 naira room and d one of 5000 naira both with AC u will check out by 12pm in d afternoon.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:35am On Sep 09, 2017
DoNotBeAfraid:

Please i need Urgent assistance, i filled and booked my appointment for 16th October 2017 when am supposed to be on vacation, now i have a work emergency in Turkey/Cyprus, and might spend up to 1month there depending on when i finish the work i have to do. now my question goes:

1. Can i book another appointment, there by having two possible interview date? 16th and maybe 23day? so if i can make it back to Nigeria on 16th then I take it and forfeit the latter . (even if i have to pay 64k for the second appointment).

2. I didn't fill the Turkey/Cyprus in my travel history, would there be any problem?

1. No, you can't

2. No problem, or have you yet been to these places as of now? You can bring it up at the interview (you will most likely be asked about travel history though) per adventure you submit your final DS160 before making that trip....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:37am On Sep 09, 2017
laolee:
Hello house,
I bought my visa fee on the 23rd of august, filled ds-160 on the 1st of September, and completed my confirmation page on the 4th of September. I got an interview date for 17th of October. Kindly help with these;
1. Date of arrival on my Ds-160 is earlier (4/10/16) than my interview date.
2. I stated that I am employed with a 350k salary, and while describing my tasks I included that I also get paid a 200k monthly allowance as a director in my dads company
3. My dad and kid bro reside in the US via k1k2 visa while I applied to visit via b1b2. My dad has a green card for over a year but kid Bro's green card interview is in a weeks time tho he has been there for over a year but I stated they are both LTR
4. I was denied b1b2 in late 2014 but I didn't even bother asking why as I just zoomed off with the white paper. This was before pops left last year.

In simple response, the odds are against you.... All the best though!

What's your travel history like anyways?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:44am On Sep 09, 2017
prettyirene:

lady G its not true oh..it depends on the vo.. last year i went for us interview at abuja. i went through this forum thoroughly...thinking us interview 3mins highest my interview lasted over 15mins , i was even offered a seat .. the then vo checked all my documents from tax clearance to my practising license,to the pictures of the products i market,to my cac certificate..thank God all my documents where genuine including bank statement. i was still denied visa..so each individual case is treated differently just pray you meet a lienent VO..since then i have been skeptical about applying..

Oh, really? True? Exceptional case that is! #StandingWithLadyGHowever
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 9:00am On Sep 09, 2017
fabolousneyo:
Gurus in the house..please I discovered a mistake on my wife's D's 160 form....her passport expiry date should be july202x but error of Nov 202x was made..I've submitted already cos am the principal applicant and we've already schdeled interview for October..should we refill another Ds160 ?I can only update my own ds160 on the appointment update as the principal applicant but cant find where to update her own if new code is generated for her...
Secondly, we intend going to Orlando Florida by November ending, but the hurricane issues is really given me serious concern, won't the current hurricane issues ruin our chances?

Ruin you chances? I thought such should determine and guide your purpose of travel? It's okay oh!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hamateen: 11:13am On Sep 09, 2017
CyZubby:

Your stamped passport can be collected from the DHL office within 30days before being returned to the embassy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2017
fabolousneyo:
Gurus in the house..please I discovered a mistake on my wife's D's 160 form....her passport expiry date should be july202x but error of Nov 202x was made..I've submitted already cos am the principal applicant and we've already schdeled interview for October..should we refill another Ds160 ?I can only update my own ds160 on the appointment update as the principal applicant but cant find where to update her own if new code is generated for her...
Secondly, we intend going to Orlando Florida by November ending, but the hurricane issues is really given me serious concern, won't the current hurricane issues ruin our chances?
change city bro
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Aibisoye0: 1:30pm On Sep 09, 2017
Please who has flown Qatar to JFK recently. Hearing that the hours has increased due to the Qatar crisis. Qatar now leaves Lagos earlier. But coming from NewYork the flight going to Lagos would have left. What happens to the passengers then

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Whiitelion: 1:31pm On Sep 09, 2017
Good afternoon house,

I joined this thread about 4 weeks ago and I patiently went through the posts on here. I noted interview experiences shared and problems encountered.

I had my interview on September 6, but I've been a bit busy which is why I've not shared my experience with y'all.

Transcript

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
Me: Is this the kind of crowd you have here everyday?
VO: Pardon?
Me: I mean the crowd, it's overwhelming.
VO: Oh yes, we are very busy this period.
Me: wow!
VO: where are you visiting?
Me: New York, for this year's edition of the annual xxxxx holding at xxxxx. It's a 2 day conference holding on xxxxx.
VO: What is it all about?
Me: It is a conference that would discuss xxxxx xxxxx and xxxxx in the xxxxx sector. It would also have professionals in the xxxxx in attendance. It's an opportunity for visitors and attendees to xxxxx.
VO: What do you do?
Me: I am the xxxxx Manager at xxxxx.
VO: Who is sponsoring this trip?
Me: My company xxxxx will take care of all my travel expenses.
VO: Have you visited any other country before?
Me: Well as the xxxxx manager at my company, I am always busy securing new contracts and executing/supervising existing ones. So my job does not allow me the luxury of travels. My company is just about 3 years old and we are working round the clock to take over about 50% of the xxxxx xxxxx industry in Nigeria.
VO: Are you married?
Me: *laughs* I actually have my aged grand mother who stays with me and I take care of my 4 siblings. My priority for now is to get them on their feet. Marriage can come later.
VO: Your Visa is approved. Come to this location for pick up.
Me: Thank you.

So that's how my interview went. We all have different experiences, but I've come to realize that if you are real and true to yourself, you will have nothing to fear.

There is no perfect reply to any interview just try to avoid Yes and No replies, sell yourself. Be clear and concise in outlining your responses.

Above all, PRAY. God is still in the business of answering prayers.

I will be happy to read your reactions. Best regards to those yet to attend their interviews.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2017
Whiitelion:
Good afternoon house,

I joined this thread about 4 weeks ago and I patiently went through the posts on here. I noted interview experiences shared and problems encountered.

I had my interview on September 6, but I've been a bit busy which is why I've not shared my experience with y'all.

Transcript

Me: New York, for this year's edition of the annual xxxxx holding at xxxxx. It's a 2 day conference holding on xxxxx.
Me: It is a conference that would discuss xxxxx xxxxx and xxxxx in the xxxxx sector. It would also have professionals in the xxxxx in attendance. It's an opportunity for visitors and attendees to xxxxx.
Me: Well as the xxxxx manager at my company, I am always busy securing new contracts and executing/supervising existing ones. So my job does not allow me the luxury of travels. My company is just about 3 years old and we are working round the clock to take over about 50% of the xxxxx xxxxx industry in Nigeria.
Me: *laughs* I actually have my aged grand mother who stays with me and I take care of my 4 siblings. My priority for now is to get them on their feet. Marriage can come later.

So that's how my interview went. We all have different experiences, but I've come to realize that if you are real and true to yourself, you will have nothing to fear.

There is no perfect reply to any interview just try to avoid Yes and No replies, sell yourself. Be clear and concise in outlining your responses.

I will be happy to read your reactions. Best regards to those yet to attend their interviews.
short an simple no too much grammar.. They didn't any documents?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Keke123: 2:37pm On Sep 09, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Donaltus: 3:30pm On Sep 09, 2017
lexzyy:
immediately u get to obalende under d bridge ask for bayland guest house its after d post office, they av 4000 naira room and d one of 5000 naira both with AC u will check out by 12pm in d afternoon.
thank you very much sir...I really appreciate it

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 5:42pm On Sep 09, 2017
Whiitelion:
Good afternoon house,

Transcript

Turning your otherwise shortcomings into your strength, to energy, wow! Awesome.... Splendid outing, salesmanship!

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Hamateen: 5:54pm On Sep 09, 2017
Evening gurus in the house, i want you guys to guide me on my travelling routes.
I am planning to travel by next month to missouri, but there is no any flight available goimg to this state. Can i go through jfk, New york city airport and there wouldn't be any issuse at the point of entry?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lumzybo: 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2017
Whiitelion:
Good afternoon house,

Transcript

Lovely... if I were the VO I wuld av no other choice than to grant ur visa. U took it away from the interviewer. U were in charge. Safe travel bro.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 8:42pm On Sep 09, 2017
1. Did she tell the VO that she was going to give birth in the US?
2. Agent made the same error twice! hmm!you guys didn't go through the application forms on both instances, hmm!

Jacobs91:
Gurus in the house, I need your advice, I just drove back home from the Us embassy with my sister and her husband after their appointment this morning. She's really upset. She just got denied a visa for a second time in 6 months. Her previous visa expired November last year, she filed for renewal via drop box around march this year. She spent 3months on her last visit in which she had a child. Her husband still has a valid visa but she and her first child's visa are expired. The agent who filed for the drop box renewal and this second appointment made an error on both occasions filling "1 month as the duration of her last visit when she birth her child" instead of 3months. Is that enough reason for her to be denied the second time or are there other reasons? The blue paper stated she couldn't demonstrate she had strong overseas ties. I stumbled upon this thread a few days ago. Your advise would be appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lanrey1(m): 8:45pm On Sep 09, 2017
smithsydny:
short an simple no too much grammar.. They didn't any documents?

congratulations bro... as am happy for u, may God do mine at ease.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 8:47pm On Sep 09, 2017
THE ABUJA VO HAS SPECIFICALLY STATED THAT NO DOCUMENTS ARE CHECKED. EVERYTHING WE SHARE HERE, IS OUR OPINIONS, BUT WHEN A STAFF OF THE US EMBASSY SAYS SOMETHING - IT ACTUALLY CARRIES WEIGHT.

prettyirene:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.