Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,510 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1539119 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 6:51pm On Sep 07, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Three ways God answers
Yes
No
Wait for it.....
Sooo..
Hiaaaa.... Is true ooh
If you pray, and you get no, it doesn't mean He didn't answer, maybe He said "no, time never reach"
grin grin grin grin.... But He answered in honesty

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Damidolly: 7:12pm On Sep 07, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
If US is doing you shege, come to Singapore and eat dim sum sum and sip magarita. Kaptain Afrika reporting live from the beaches of Singapore.
Can I have ur email address bro, need some clarification pls, mine is dolapodamilare@yahoo.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by prettyirene: 8:18pm On Sep 07, 2017
please guru in the house, i have been a silent reader. i want to ask if 300k is okay as salary for an entrepreneur. that"s what i pay myself i want to be as honest as possible. thanks

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lanrey1(m): 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2017
lola59:
Kindly let me keep my profile anonymous as I got some preying eyes on my profile. Had my interview yesterday at the Lagos Embassy, 8:15 appointment, Window 4, white guy with beards. Actually my second interview after been denied last year June.
Vo Good morning
Me Good morning, how is it going?
Vo Fine, how are you
Me Am fine
Vo Why are you going to the US
Me Am going for Vacation and Site Seeing
Vo Where in the US
Me New York City
Vo You got any children?
Me No kids
Vo Are you married?
Me Very Single
Vo Where do you work
Me British American xxxxx as a xxxxxx
Vo How do you go about your job there?
Me I told him what we basically check for in my lab and how we go about it, this wasn't the basic write up in the DS 160 so i further emphasized the job duties outlined on the form.
Vo How do you go about calibration (I talked about conducting planned calibration in my duties)
Me I told him the equipments we calibrate and explained the weighing balance specifically using the 200g n 100g standard
Vo Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me This would be my first trip
Vo Typing and looking at me intermittently, sometimes looking away. (I know say na me you dey look, mesev look am for eye)
Vo I will approve your passport blah blah blah

I was just blank at the point I saw him put my passport aside, he gave me the white slip.
AM IN NO POSITION TO GIVE ADVICE COS ALL I ENJOYED WAS GRACE, ALLAH'S RAHMA SHONE ON ME cos obviously no difference and no change in my status since last year. THE ONLY CHANGE BEING I INCLUDED INTENDED FLIGHT ON THE DS 160 (Egypt Air)
1. No travel history, yes I was advised to get WA visas but am not a fan
2. Single with no kids, I chose not to get a "companion"
3. I lost a passport 2013, A friend told me not to declare that, but I refused.
My whole epistle, DON'T LIE NO MATTER HOW MINUTE.
PRAY, PRAY N PRAY.
And also know your strong point and when the VO gives you a chance to sell yourself (which you gonna get), make it count!!!

congratulations to u... may almighty Allah make it permanent.
my interview is coming up 3rd week of October. please pray for me ooo

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by capsie18: 10:58pm On Sep 07, 2017
seyewest:

You have to fill another form and upload the picture and update the new ds160 number in your appointment profile page.

Hello...
Hope this meets you well.. I have a similar scenario in which I'd to refill a DS 160 because of inability to upload a passport photograph in the previous DS 160.. But my case is kinda different because it's a group application for 4 people and on the update profile page. It seems I can only change the DS 160 number for only one applicant.. Anyone got an idea on how to go about changing the DS 160 for all 4 applicants having in mind that they don't want to change the interview date... Thanks in anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by wolesap: 1:38am On Sep 08, 2017
I have complete my ds 160 and booked an appointment to go to Houston Texas for tourism before the hurricane Harvey(storm).I planned to travel in early October.Pls can the present situation in Houston affect my chances of getting the visa?.thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by donhay: 5:04am On Sep 08, 2017
Is it you that decided 3rd week in October or that's d earliest date available? And when did u mk your appointment
Lanrey1:

congratulations to u... may almighty Allah make it permanent.
my interview is coming up 3rd week of October. please pray for me ooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:23am On Sep 08, 2017
prettyirene:
please guru in the house, i have been a silent reader. i want to ask if 300k is okay as salary for an entrepreneur. that"s what i pay myself i want to be as honest as possible. thanks
The ds160 asks for how much u earn. Not "how much is OK"
So if you earn 300k you fill that
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:04am On Sep 08, 2017
sihamey:
I had my interview today but refused, my transcript

Vo : good morning
Me: morning
Vo: what are you going for in Minneapolis?
Me: for relogions seminar
Vo: how much do you earn?
Me: 2*****
Vo; have you travel before
Me: yes Côte d'ilvour
He went in side with my passport discussing with his colleagues for few minute's (as if he was confused on decision to take) he came back and hand over my passport with blue paper.

The program is shecdule October and I have a role to play at the seminar can I reapply immediately if I get Early appointment date before the seminar day?
u would have explained what the seminar was for and your role bros.. USA interview is sharp sharp any delay u get in not answering while u have the chance ur in for a big surprise...

Have u traveled before yes to ivory coast for something something... Hit it fast fast make them see say u serious bros.. Not answering one one ...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 08, 2017
wolesap:
I have complete my ds 160 and booked an appointment to go to Houston Texas for tourism before the hurricane Harvey(storm).I planned to travel in early October.Pls can the present situation in Houston affect my chances of getting the visa?.thanks
try and change your location bro.. I read were someone was denied already. Cus of hurricane matter..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lanrey1(m): 7:22am On Sep 08, 2017
donhay:
Is it you that decided 3rd week in October or that's d earliest date available? And when did u mk your appointment

I booked my appointment on August and I was pleased to pick 3week of October. Just needed sometime to put tins together.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 08, 2017
Guys wen filling DS160 do u put the name of your company, and the companies website?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by doyinwbaby: 7:48am On Sep 08, 2017
smithsydny:
Guys wen filling DS160 do u put the name of your company, and the companies website?
just the name e.g OLU AND SONS LIMITED HEADQUARTERS, LAGOS STATE.

I stand to be corrected sha.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by donhay: 7:52am On Sep 08, 2017
Thanks bro..cos I'm tryna book an appointment now before October 18th
Lanrey1:

I booked my appointment on August and I was pleased to pick 3week of October. Just needed sometime to put tins together.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by sihamey: 7:58am On Sep 08, 2017
smithsydny:
u would have explained what the seminar was for and your role bros.. USA interview is sharp sharp any delay u get in not answering while u have the chance ur in for a big surprise...

Have u traveled before yes to ivory coast for something something... Hit it fast fast make them see say u serious bros.. Not answering one one ...

Thanks Bros, I thought if I answer more than what I was asked it Will look as if am desperate. Anyway I have learn my lesson for another day.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Lanrey1(m): 9:11am On Sep 08, 2017
smithsydny:

yes I stated d name of my company but I didn't put d website. but u will put work phone number, in dis case u can put someone vocal and experience number....but Dats not too paramount sha

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 08, 2017
doyinwbaby:

just the name e.g OLU AND SONS LIMITED HEADQUARTERS, LAGOS STATE.

I stand to be corrected sha.
thanks swt.. Still more Info's OOO.. Edakun make unah epp
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 08, 2017
Lanrey1:

yes I stated d name of my company but I didn't put d website. but u will put work phone number, in dis case u can put someone vocal and experience number....but Dats not too paramount sha
ur head is valid.

U know I read about abuja people own most of them were asked funny questions. I doubt they do call those.
Its bases on what u say to convince them.. Hope am ryt bro?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Jacobs91(m): 11:34am On Sep 08, 2017
Gurus in the house, I need your advice, I just drove back home from the Us embassy with my sister and her husband after their appointment this morning. She's really upset. She just got denied a visa for a second time in 6 months. Her previous visa expired November last year, she filed for renewal via drop box around march this year. She spent 3months on her last visit in which she had a child. Her husband still has a valid visa but she and her first child's visa are expired. The agent who filed for the drop box renewal and this second appointment made an error on both occasions filling "1 month as the duration of her last visit when she birth her child" instead of 3months. Is that enough reason for her to be denied the second time or are there other reasons? The blue paper stated she couldn't demonstrate she had strong overseas ties. I stumbled upon this thread a few days ago. Your advise would be appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Donaltus: 11:41am On Sep 08, 2017
Please house can anyone give list of cheap hotel around the USA embassy in Lagos.....and the price
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abumoney(m): 11:52am On Sep 08, 2017
seyewest:

You have to fill another form and upload the picture and update the new ds160 number in your appointment profile page.
Alright, thanks bro. I did just that already, and also rescheduled an appointment for an earlier date. September 21st. Thanks once again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by SantaRantty: 12:07pm On Sep 08, 2017
Pls upload your passport before you go. My husband and I were turned back because of that and we had to reschedule our interview. Good luck

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 1:43pm On Sep 08, 2017
Jacobs91:
Gurus in the house, I need your advice, I just drove back home from the Us embassy with my sister and her husband after their appointment this morning. She's really upset. She just got denied a visa for a second time in 6 months. Her previous visa expired November last year, she filed for renewal via drop box around march this year. She spent 3months on her last visit in which she had a child. Her husband still has a valid visa but she and her first child's visa are expired. The agent who filed for the drop box renewal and this second appointment made an error on both occasions filling "1 month as the duration of her last visit when she birth her child" instead of 3months. Is that enough reason for her to be denied the second time or are there other reasons? The blue paper stated she couldn't demonstrate she had strong overseas ties. I stumbled upon this thread a few days ago. Your advise would be appreciated.

Overstaying is a big problem.. and i think it is very much implemented now. Also she stayed back and had a baby, it seems from stating 1 month she is trying to cover the fact she birthed on her supposed visit. she should come clean and state all facts as it is, she should try in her next application to explain the real details about her last visit.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abujaniv: 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hello Nairaland. Here is a public service announcement for those reapplying for visas, either via the interview waiver program (dropbox) or in an interview. On the application form (DS-160), there is a question that says "Have you ever been in the U.S.?" If the answer is yes, you will be prompted with another question: "Provide information on your last five U.S. visits."
Often, we have applicants who only list their most recent visit. Or, they will enter information on what they planned to do, but their actual travel was different. This invites closer scrutiny, meaning we will have to call in dropbox applicants for an in-person interview. Excuses that an agent or protocol officer made the errors do not hold any weight.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beautyaddy: 2:15pm On Sep 08, 2017
Jacobs91:
Gurus in the house, I need your advice, I just drove back home from the Us embassy with my sister and her husband after their appointment this morning. She's really upset. She just got denied a visa for a second time in 6 months. Her previous visa expired November last year, she filed for renewal via drop box around march this year. She spent 3months on her last visit in which she had a child. Her husband still has a valid visa but she and her first child's visa are expired.The agent who filed for the drop box renewal and this second appointment made an error on both occasions filling "1 month as the duration of her last visit when she birth her child" instead of 3months. Is that enough reason for her to be denied the second time or are there other reasons? The blue paper stated she couldn't demonstrate she had strong overseas ties. I stumbled upon this thread a few days ago. Your advise would be appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Beautyaddy: 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
Jacobs91:
Gurus in the house, I need your advice, I just drove back home from the Us embassy with my sister and her husband after their appointment this morning. She's really upset. She just got denied a visa for a second time in 6 months. Her previous visa expired November last year, she filed for renewal via drop box around march this year. She spent 3months on her last visit in which she had a child. Her husband still has a valid visa but she and her first child's visa are expired[b].The agent who filed for the drop box renewal and this second appointment made an error on both occasions filling "1 month as the duration of her last visit [/b]when she birth her child" instead of 3months. Is that enough reason for her to be denied the second time or are there other reasons? The blue paper stated she couldn't demonstrate she had strong overseas ties. I stumbled upon this thread a few days ago. Your advise would be appreciated.

Question, why did she need an agent to file for the drop box for her? Also was she not the person who applied by herself for the first interview when she was granted?

Now that's were the problem might be.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2017
Jacobs91:
From the questions asked your sister should have a fair idea of the embassy's peeve. There are several reasons why her visa can be refused, misrepresention at the point of applying /poe and or non payment of bills being topmost.
So if she filled 1 month (the story of using an agent is immaterial, she appeared for the interview and Consented to the details on the form) they means she didn't divulge her plans to birth in the US . I assume she also didn't declare at the point of entry. . That is misrepresentation and sufficient reason to deny her both times.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by prettyirene: 4:21pm On Sep 08, 2017
Thanks lady G, g for general I throughly appreciate. Please ma one more question it's this section in the form that I'm a bit confused like I said I own a business
Monthly salary in local currency (if employed): As a business owner should I put what my business generates in a month . Thanks for your anticipated response. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by fabolousneyo: 4:53pm On Sep 08, 2017
Gurus in the house..please I discovered a mistake on my wife's D's 160 form....her passport expiry date should be july202x but error of Nov 202x was made..I've submitted already cos am the principal applicant and we've already schdeled interview for October..should we refill another Ds160 ?I can only update my own ds160 on the appointment update as the principal applicant but cant find where to update her own if new code is generated for her...
Secondly, we intend going to Orlando Florida by November ending, but the hurricane issues is really given me serious concern, won't the current hurricane issues ruin our chances?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kenkel: 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2017
Coefficient:
Once, I went for the US visa interview after a failed attempt two years prior. My first application was fraught with bogus claims and huge misrepresentations.

I didn't even earn anything near what I claimed, wasn't married as indicated. All of these were at the instance of an agent hired by my Dad and coupled with his strong desire to see me cross the divide.

I was flatly denied, much to my own delight cos I wasn't quite comfortable with the huge lies.

In my second application, I decided to come clean because I wanted to clear the misrepresentation. I could be called to travel for work anytime and if I was refused based on prior application, it would be a huge dent on my integrity.

Off I went to embassy with the utmost aim of clearing myself and not necessarily to secure the visa. Here's my transcript:

VO: Good Morning. Pass me your passport. Where are you going to?
Me: I'm going to California (Big gaffe! I was going to Ohio but was fixated on my previous application where California was the intended destination)
VO: Why are you going to California?
Me: I'm going to attend my cousin's wedding and also spend my annual leave, a month long. I haven't gone on leave in the last two years and I think I should reward myself for working that long. (At this point, I realized my error and seized the opportunity to correct my destination and talk extensively about my first application. I told him about all the misrepresentations, affirmed my single status, dispelled the salary claims and every other wrong information therein. The VO nodded his head and started smiling at this point)
VO: Next, he asked: where do you work?
Me: I work with xxxxx, a marketing communications company at the level of Deputy Manager
VO: How long have you been working?
Me: 4 years in my current profession
VO: How long have you been working with your current company?
Me: 2 years now
VO: You've worked elsewhere before?
Me: Yeah, started my career with xxxx but I also worked in xxxx, my father's company which was responsible for my initial application. (Another opportunity to further discuss the first denial. Told him about the company and why I left)
VO: Tell me about your job (Another opportunity to talk about my enjoyable job. At this point, it had become a friendly chat. He was quite intrigued by my responses. It further strengthened my confidence and I was coasting. He even leaned forward and we maintained eye contact all through. I told him about past project, current and upcoming ones)
VO: Nice. So you're going to Ohio for your cousin's wedding?
Me: Yeah and to spend my leave too (We we're both chuckling here)
VO: Are you married or engaged? He asked again)
Me: No, I'm not married or even engaged! I'm very single. (He laughed)
VO: Ok, I believe you, I believe you. I'll approve your visa now. This paper explains how to pick your visa in the next three days.
Me: Thank you

I walked out without looking back, emotionless. To be honest, I wasn't carried away. I wasn't even listening to the security guy who was hailing me. I just rushed out. I had a meeting to attend.

I insisted on coming clean on all misrepresentations despite people telling me to maintain a lie. For me, when you tell a lie, you need a bigger lie to cover it up. Since another opportunity has presented itself to come clean, why don't I take it?

The outcome will be dependent on the VO. To be honest, I wasn't really bothered if I was gonna get the visa or not. I wasn't fidgety or nervous. I just wanted to get it over with and clear my mind and for future applications.

Quite honestly, I did say a simple prayer that morning on my way. I said God should not let me fail where others have succeeded. I said this because I believe in God and my colleague had secured his even though he was my subordinate and earned way below what I earned.

I'm sharing this here because I owe it a duty to this forum and this section in particular. I have been here a long time and I read this section and US visa threads extensively for that application. The outcome? A success! I had never been outside Nigeria before when I secured this visa.

Let me just add this, visa applications and interviews are no big deals. Not at all! Fill your form yourself; you're in control. Be articulate in answering the questions. State all facts clearly and be honest. Stick to same story at your interview.

My POE is another experience all together. I made it to secondary inspection at JFK...lol grin
am happy for you bro but what if you come clean and get banned
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:36pm On Sep 08, 2017
kenkel:
am happy for you bro but what if you come clean and get banned
That's where knowledge becomes key. The VOs have said it. It's been said severally. The truth will set one free.

@Irene. As a business owner, your have your capital, you have your profit. You also have what you pay yourself from that. That's the income you put. I suppose that is generated from the profit you make. If it isn't steady, put the average and explain to the vo when asked.

@neyo read the first page for the answer to the first question
For the second question. The key to success in any interview is research. Any where u intend to go to, you must check the weather forecast. It's only logical that one would be refused a visa if the area one wants to visit is under water.... Don't you think?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by prettyirene: 6:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Respectfully Ma.
Have you seen where we get it wrong as Nigerians? When we get fixated on a notion , we REFUSE to let it go. Then when we shoot ourselves in the leg we start looking for a solution.
You asked about statements and a United States VO answered you and told you it was not required. He answered by 2:57pm and by 3:50 sumthing PM you come to a thread manned by Nigerians who can never access your application and ask them how much money you can put in the account.
That is the very reason why they don't look at statements. Because Nigerians build up fake balances. So if we tell you an amount now, you will disregard the VO's answer and put faith in what people will tell you here?
To answer your question. Nobody will ask you for a bank statement. Please go through this thread and assist your application by reading the transcripts

lady G its not true oh..it depends on the vo.. last year i went for us interview at abuja. i went through this forum thoroughly...thinking us interview 3mins highest my interview lasted over 15mins , i was even offered a seat .. the then vo checked all my documents from tax clearance to my practising license,to the pictures of the products i market,to my cac certificate..thank God all my documents where genuine including bank statement. i was still denied visa..so each individual case is treated differently just pray you meet a lienent VO..since then i have been skeptical about applying..

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85