Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (533) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1534724 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by todayo(m): 5:28am On Oct 07, 2017
Adeneyagrofeeds:
Good day all, I'm a silent reader here. So I went for my interview today and got denied. I will like to share my transcript.
The interview goes thus........
me: good morning.
Vo: good morning.
Vo: why are you going to the us.
Me: I'm going to the US for vacation and family visit.
Vo: where do you work.
Me: I'm the director of Anny Agricultural Feeds, we produce animal feeds for poultry and catfish and also sell agricultural machinery.
Vo: how much is your monthly income:
me: 380k.
Vo: are you married.
Me: yes.
Vo: you have kids.
Me: yes, a single daughter.
Vo: are you travelling alone.
Vo: How long do you plan to stay.
Me: 3 weeks.
Vo: have you travel out of the country before.
Me: yes to Canada for study and south africa for vacation.
She now check my Canada visa and said Ok.
Vo: she ask again, are you married.
Vo: oh sorry I asked you that before.
Me: yes. She now said she wanna get something clear. Vo: what agricultural machinery do you sell.
Me: we sell hammer mills, mixer, pelletizing machine for catfish, grinder and so on.
Vo: when did you start your busines.
Me: I started immediately I returned from Canada. After she said bla bla bla I should have issued your visa but not enough bla bla don't even hear again. Naso she bring my pp and blue paper and said you can reapply anytime you want.

I have no intention to stay whatsoever, even my visiting plan is a week, gat nothing to be doing in d USA, I just wanna visit my uncle and he's a police officer over there. I dont know why i was denied. No document was checked.
where do you guys think I missed it?
I tink u missed it coz
1. U suppose travel wit ur family
2. Invites frm ur bro

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:46am On Oct 07, 2017
OmoBendel24:
Like a roaring, seeking whom to devour, they are here, watch out peeps with one eye closed and the other open oh! I have said my bit....

Make use of report button
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lumzybo: 7:52am On Oct 07, 2017
asid:

I think what did you in was "WHEN DID YOU START YOUR BUSINESS" you should have stated in years & not "IMMEDIATELY I CAME BACK FROM CANADA" the vo might have thought you were be pushy with your travel experience & also if you didn't own the business, you should have corrected the "YOUR BUSINESS" statement.

Just my thought

Thank goodness this was just ur tot. angry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 07, 2017
Yesbody:

Did you have your invitation letter and did you specify your uncles address when filling the form online ?
Like I said here earlier on, invitation letters are no longer important, unless they are somewhat high profile invitation letters.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 8:21am On Oct 07, 2017
justwise:

Make use of report button

How I forgot that for once baffles me, some post just shouldn't see the light of day in as much as they negate this SECTION'S standards.... Whew!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 8:34am On Oct 07, 2017
lumzybo:

Thank goodness this was just ur tot. angry

Mornings, Yes my thought based on interviews I witnessed before mine
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 8:36am On Oct 07, 2017
Adeneyagrofeeds:
Good day all, I'm a silent reader here. So I went for my interview today and got denied. I will like to share my transcript.
Me: I'm the director of Anny Agricultural Feeds, we produce animal feeds for poultry and catfish and also sell agricultural machinery.
Me: yes. She now said she wanna get something clear. Vo: what agricultural machinery do you sell.
Me: we sell hammer mills, mixer, pelletizing machine for catfish, grinder and so on.
Me: I started immediately I returned from Canada. After she said bla bla bla[b] I should have issued your visa[/b] but not enough bla bla don't even hear again. Naso she bring my pp and blue paper and said you can reapply anytime you want.

I have no intention to stay whatsoever, even my visiting plan is a week, gat nothing to be doing in d USA, I just wanna visit my uncle and he's a police officer over there. I dont know why i was denied. No document was checked.

Na wah oh, with this kind of sweet profile... Ehn?
Chineke, reapply jor
sad

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 07, 2017
todayo:

I tink u missed it coz
1. U suppose travel wit ur family
2. Invites frm ur bro

Yes I supposed travel with my family but my wife will be very busy at that period with her work as a hair dresser and cosmetic and also my daughter is still young. But can I reapply immediately
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amarise: 9:32am On Oct 07, 2017
good morning , i was denied US visa yesterday and wish to apply again cos my traveling schedule is 12-21Nov for a conference starting 15-18 Nov , want to seek your counsel and ask if i can still get appointment in lag or Abj Oct ending or first week in Nov Had the last in Abj.

the vo asked just three Questions
vo: what do u do
me: ..........
vo : have u traveled before?
me : no
vo : what's the conference about?
me : ...............

vo: sorry u are not Qualified.

do I still stand a chance ? cos my pal said my history matters thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:33am On Oct 07, 2017
Is this your first time of applying?

amarise:
good morning , i was denied US visa yesterday and wish to apply again cos my traveling schedule is 12-21Nov for a conference starting 15-18 Nov , want to seek your counsel and ask if i can still get appointment in lag or Abj Oct ending or first week in Nov Had the last in Abj.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:36am On Oct 07, 2017
OmoBendel24:

How I forgot that for once baffles me, some post just shouldn't see the light of day in as much as they negate this SECTION'S standards.... Whew!
I swear they just don't worth it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amarise: 9:37am On Oct 07, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Is this your first time of applying?
yes it was
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:38am On Oct 07, 2017
amarise:

Have you travel out before? How much do you earn?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 9:40am On Oct 07, 2017
"Me: I started immediately I returned from Canada. After she said bla bla bla I should have issued your visa but not enough bla bla don't even hear again. Naso she bring my pp and blue paper and said you can reapply anytime you want."

You should have heard what she was saying, most times kind-hearted VO's give hints on what should be done before reapplying...
Here are my suggestions:
1. Monthly income, I know it sounds like salary but I suspect she was asking about the income made from the business as a whole, not salary, I might be wrong.
2. When did you start your business question? this question probably tripped you, the response should have been in days, weeks, months or years.
3. Give sometime before reapplying, so you don't look desperate. You have everything to be honest, its rare for someone to go to canada to study and come back.

Adeneyagrofeeds:
Me: I started immediately I returned from Canada. After she said bla bla bla I should have issued your visa but not enough bla bla don't even hear again. Naso she bring my pp and blue paper and said you can reapply anytime you want.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amarise: 9:42am On Oct 07, 2017
seyewest:

Have you travel out before? How much do you earn?
with all sincerity I don't have travel history and earns like #150k
single
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ezriela: 9:46am On Oct 07, 2017
Hello house,

Pls I need your advice. This is my story below

I applied for visiting visa with my husband in 2015 but we were denied. I actually wanted to go and give birth wc I made my intention known.

The VO asked how long I have known my husband wc I answered 8yrs and he said in the last 3yrs I have travelled 5times why didn't we go together

I told him we were not married and there was no reason for us to travel together cos we got married in 2014.

Eventually we were denied.

2016 I travelled with my LO to UK but my husband didn't go with us due to his biz. We are planning to reapply again as a family now,I hope the fact that we didn't travel together in 2016 won't be an issue.

My husband is a biz man and I work with salary of 270k.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 07, 2017
Ezriela:
Hello house,

Pls I need your advice. This is my story below

I applied for visiting visa with my husband in 2015 but we were denied. I actually wanted to go and give birth wc I made my intention known.

The VO asked how long I have known my husband wc I answered 8yrs and he said in the last 3yrs I have travelled 5times why didn't we go together

I told him we were not married and there was no reason for us to travel together cos we got married in 2014.

Eventually we were denied.

2016 I travelled with my LO to UK but my husband didn't go with us due to his biz. We are planning to reapply again as a family now,I hope the fact that we didn't travel together in 2016 won't be an issue.

My husband is a biz man and I work with salary of 270k.
Sorry for your denial. Things can only get better.

Apart from couples, those who are engaged or better still in a relationship can travel together too.

My husband didn't go with us due to his biz means a lot of things and is different from being busy.

A better response could have been your husband is busy.

You will surely get the visa if you prepare adequately this time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kessel: 10:49am On Oct 07, 2017
DeeTus:
Like I said here earlier on, invitation letters are no longer important, unless they are somewhat high profile invitation letters.
Sorry but please
What matters now, just point them out for me. I can't come and go and waste my time and 64k just like that.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Yesbody: 11:19am On Oct 07, 2017
Modi
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 07, 2017
Adeneyagrofeeds:

Sorry about your visa denial. You tried your best but it wasn't enough. However, whenever you are responding to visa interview questions, you have to be clear and accurate and hope for the best.

First, why are you going to the US? I am going to the United States for vacation. You state clearly where you're heading to.

OK? Family visit. State exactly. It could be as a result of wedding or something.

Second, where do you work? The best response should be in full like Anny Agricultural Feeds Nigeria Limited or something, so to speak. The VO didn't ask for your duties there. Why giving out unnecessary information? So, she thought you were desperate. Desperation is a total turn off.

Third, are you married? Yes. Good. You have kids? Yes, a single daughter. Not a good response. Plural of kid is kids. So, a good response here should no but a kid.

Furthermore, how long do you plan to stay? 3 weeks is okay but it's too much. How could you leave your job for three weeks? That's no no. Unless you are on leave.

Have you travelled out of this country before? Yes. You shouldn't tell the VO the country or countries you've been to unless she asked. Then you can say Canada and South Africa.

You needn't have to say you went to these two countries. She again asked are you married? I think she wanted to approve your visa by giving you another chance but you lost it.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 07, 2017
kessel:

Sorry but please
What matters now, just point them out for me. I can't come and go and waste my time and 64k just like that.
Post your script.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kessel: 12:10pm On Oct 07, 2017
DeeTus:
Post your script.

Haba bros, how can i post a transcript when am yet to be interviewed. I was only asking to be sure i have done my home work well before booking a date.
Made payment on thursday already but yet to schedule a date for interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by borryworld: 12:11pm On Oct 07, 2017
How I wish @Modath can bring back that circumstance and want quote so that folks here can understand how best to self evaluate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OtunOba15(m): 12:35pm On Oct 07, 2017
1.Even if you are granted a visa or denied ALL ALWAYS TAKE NOTE of what the VO's tells you.

2. 3 weeks is much for you to be away from your work and family. 14 days is appropriate.

3. Be specific with the right answers. Reapply after 90days.

Best regards
KaptainAfrika:
"Me: I started immediately I returned from Canada. After she said bla bla bla I should have issued your visa but not enough bla bla don't even hear again. Naso she bring my pp and blue paper and said you can reapply anytime you want."

You should have heard what she was saying, most times kind-hearted VO's give hints on what should be done before reapplying...
Here are my suggestions:
1. Monthly income, I know it sounds like salary but I suspect she was asking about the income made from the business as a whole, not salary, I might be wrong.
2. When did you start your business question? this question probably tripped you, the response should have been in days, weeks, months or years.
3. Give sometime before reapplying, so you don't look desperate. You have everything to be honest, its rare for someone to go to canada to study and come back.

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ezriela: 12:37pm On Oct 07, 2017
DeeTus:
Sorry for your denial. Things can only get better.

Apart from couples, those who are engaged or better still in a relationship can travel together too.

My husband didn't go with us due to his biz means a lot of things and is different from being busy.

A better response could have been your husband is busy.

You will surely get the visa if you prepare adequately this time.

Thanks for your response. Like I said maybe I did not get the question right
I have known my husband for 8yrs but we were not dating just friends. He didn't give me chance to explain that
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by modath(f): 12:59pm On Oct 07, 2017
borryworld:
How I wish @Mo can bring back that circumstance and want quote so that folks here can understand how best to self evaluate.

Hello bros, I'm here...Any way I can contribute, I'm ready..

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sebastine1606(m): 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2017
Yesbody:
1. I have 7million naira in my account
2. I work with a multinational company
3. My salary is 205k per month
4. My wife is self employed she own a big shop
5. She makes about 150k per month
6. She has 9 employees and 3 apprentice in her shop
7. We have a daughter 3 years old
8. We have two cars and we are building our house
9. We want to travel to the US for vacation (Chicago)
10. We intend to spend 15day

If you were the VO at the American Embassy, would you approve my Visa ? Be honest

Yes I will, but how do I know you are telling me the truth
Just kidding..., but maybe true grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by samzworld123: 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2017
Good Day everyone i really need your advice i have been denied US visa four times and in all my application i stated that i dont have any relative in the US but right now my cousin is sending me invitation is it advice able that i state now that i have a relative in the US or i should just maintain my previous stand? Please i need advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2017
DeeTus:
Oh sorry. PM me.

Stop this.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by borryworld: 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2017
modath:

Hello bros, I'm here...Any way I can contribute, I'm ready..
Oya Na. My recent observation is that some peeps are here to read transcript and all to assume character and build circumstance around it.

I remember someone (you or @nef) gave a quote about building circumstance while working towards what you want. That captured the whole situation for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86