Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,065 members, 7,835,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1540457 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 04, 2017
bluetopaz:
Hi all, a friend of mine wants to accompany her husband(newly wedded) to the US as the husband was invited as a visiting scholar for a year. What do you think are her chances as she does not work(stopped working after marriage). Is there a likelihood of her being denied a visa and if yes for what reasons.
The first question the VO will ask is; why does she want to accompany her husband?

This is a one million dollar question. If she could answer this correctly, then she stands a chance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 9:55am On Oct 04, 2017
DeeTus:
The first question the VO will ask is; why does she want to accompany her husband?

This is a one million dollar question. If she could answer this correctly, then she stands a chance.

She’s a stay at home mom so shouldn’t this be relatively easy? I can’t see a reason to deny her. But you never know.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 10:13am On Oct 04, 2017
DeeTus:

Why does a wife want to accompany her husband for a year?!!!!!! Ha! Please my brother which kain kweshun be that?
No VO will ask that. Even prisoners are allowed conjugal visits. That's also the reason why F1 visa has an F2 dependent on it.
Even if it's a one week visit, a wife can decide to follow her husband.
The basic issue is still ties. Do BOTH of them have ties. Shikena.
#myview

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 10:20am On Oct 04, 2017
Like a roaring lion, seeking whom to devour, they are here, watch out peeps with one eye closed and the other open oh! I have said my bit....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kessel: 10:39am On Oct 04, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

What do you do for a living?
Ps: some questions are better asked on Google

Yes yes!!!
Some questions are better asked on google.
I got it,tnx plenty.

Please where is my own share of the cake,you said you were going to bake
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by temi4fash(m): 10:52am On Oct 04, 2017
Hello

Please i need help for my mum..

She is a civil servant and want to go to the US for holidays during a leave in December.

I believe she could apply without an agent.

Kindly advise on the steps we need to take to achieve these feat.

Thanks in advance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 11:18am On Oct 04, 2017
kessel:

Yes yes!!!
Some questions are better asked on google.
I got it,tnx plenty.

Please where is my own share of the cake,you said you were going to bake
Enter bus. Reach my state. Na Kano I dey. Pm me then I go send u the addy o. cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kessel: 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Enter bus. Reach my state. Na Kano I dey. Pm me then I go send u the addy o. cheesy

dont worry
i will kukuma pay for all the cake the closest shoprite will bake today cool\

please,do i need to print anything from the US site to use in making payment for visa application or do i just go to the bank and tell them i want to make payment?
and what is the cost of the application
NB that i tried using the link on the 1st thread and it keeps bringing error messages,thanks in anticipation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2017
DeeTus:

"The first question the VO [b][/b]WILL ASK IS" please let's not speak with authority or certainty in areas where we don't function.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2017
kessel:

dont worry
i will kukuma pay for all the cake the closest shoprite will bake today cool\

please,do i need to print anything from the US site to use in making payment for visa application or do i just go to the bank and tell them i want to make payment?
and what is the cost of the application
NB that i tried using the link on the 1st thread and it keeps bringing error messages,thanks in anticipation.

Just know what visa category you intend, walk into any GTB branch and tell a staff you intend making a US visa payment (they would have the prices printed out)

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bluetopaz: 12:25pm On Oct 04, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Why does a wife want to accompany her husband for a year?!!!!!! Ha! Please my brother which kain kweshun be that?
No VO will ask that. Even prisoners are allowed conjugal visits. That's also the reason why F1 visa has an F2 dependent on it.

Please I don't understand the ties part, could you explain. Thanks
#myview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bluetopaz: 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2017
TWoods:

She’s a stay at home mom so shouldn’t this be relatively easy? I can’t see a reason to deny her. But you never know.

She said she intends to take up a masters program at the same school during the period to keep busy. Is it a bad thing to reveal if asked by the VO?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 04, 2017
asid:

"The first question the VO [b][/b]WILL ASK IS" please let's not speak with authority or certainty in areas where we don't function.
LOL, I guess my question threw you off balance, right? This is one of the things she should prepare for. Another question has to do with her occupation.

It's always good to prepare adequately and smile at the end of the interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 12:48pm On Oct 04, 2017
bluetopaz:

She said she intends to take up a masters program at the same school during the period to keep busy. Is it a bad thing to reveal if asked by the VO?

As long as they can satisfy the VO that they intend to return after the 1 year is up. Also what would their finances look like since neither of them can work? She will also need a separate F1 visa to do a masters.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 04, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

#myview
Everyone has ties. But it depends on how you use them in the process of interview.

Is the man applying for b1/b2 or f1 visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2017
OmoBendel24:
Like a roaring, seeking whom to devour, they are here, watch out peeps with one eye closed and the other open oh! I have said my bit....

Well said. Seeing what my eye is seeing, from yesterday till now. shocked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Sparkzl: 3:28pm On Oct 04, 2017
DeeTus:
Tell her to PM me.

Sorry your sister was denied. Sometimes favour works and i believe so much in asking God for favour

But to be candid. Your sister only said she is an accountant. I believe one thing when the vo ask you what you do. This is your chance take control of it. Give full detail convine him or her your job is a good one then he or she would ask how much to you earn.
Before he or she sked explain the purpose of your trip.

Have you travelled before
Reponse; yes to..... For......

Take charge of the session. For instance if i were a lecturer. I would simple say when he ask what i do for a living
I am a lecturer at so and ao university. Department of so n so. And i teach so and so handling master students project......
Just giving a shabby answer or one word answer is not good enough.

All the same i only made my opinion and these are not fact

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 04, 2017
Sparkzl:

Sorry your sister was denied. Sometimes favour works and i believe so much in asking God for favour

But to be candid. Your sister only said she is an accountant. I believe one thing when the vo ask you what you do. This is your chance take control of it. Give full detail convine him or her your job is a good one then he or she would ask how much to you earn.
Before he or she sked explain the purpose of your trip.

Have you travelled before
Reponse; yes to..... For......

Take charge of the session. For instance if i were a lecturer. I would simple say when he ask what i do for a living
I am a lecturer at so and ao university. Department of so n so. And i teach so and so handling master students project......
Just giving a shabby answer or one word answer is not good enough.

All the same i only made my opinion and these are not fact
It's okay. It's already gone now. We only look forward to the future. I can assure you. Next time, she'll get her visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Babe. Was busy so I didn't reply earlier.
Theres one other lady that had EXACTLY the same situation as you a while ago. I believe she got the visa. When I saw your post, I was wondering why she posted again.
Sadly I can't Remember her moniker. Do try using Google and some key words to see if you can find her posts
Seye I believe you were active then. Can you remember?
Be that as it may. A job isn't the only tie needed for a visa. Housewives still get visas. Evaluate yourself objectively. Your husband ,what does he do? Are u guys relatively ok? If yes. Apply and be honest. Though personally I would prefer if u have prior travel history. That's me o!

Edit: I see u have uk travel history. Please apply. If you want to o!!!! cheesy
Thanks my people that greeted me. May God remember you o

Yea I think remember.. try the first 50 page of this thread.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by smokeydrinky: 5:20pm On Oct 04, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Are you female? But you couldn't have seen that OCCUPATION section if you were female though! You may have to do some clarification as things stand now. The form is gender specific and no room for travel history for females....

I'm female. Mine was exactly like hers. I mean d occupation or school.....

Happy Birthday ladyguinevere. Wishing you all that you wish yourself.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bluetopaz: 6:38pm On Oct 04, 2017
TWoods:

As long as they can satisfy the VO that they intend to return after the 1 year is up. Also what would their finances look like since neither of them can work? She will also need a separate F1 visa to do a masters.

The husband is a professor at a university in Nigeria and his salary and benefits will still be running while they are there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by oludharey: 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2017
Pls do I need to book a flight reservation before applying for the visa,I friend of mine to me its important. Pls guys help out.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pagekollection2(m): 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2017
Good evening house.am of the silent readers.plz I need ur advice,am planning to go USA on visitation base conference. the conference is hold at the end of November bt I ll getting my visitation letter next week can I go ahead filling d form or should I wait till I get d visitation letter bt fear is nt able get appointment for d interview at embassy b4 d conference.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 8:10pm On Oct 04, 2017
oludharey:
Pls do I need to book a flight reservation before applying for the visa,I friend of mine to me its important. Pls guys help out.

No, it is not necessary. It's optional. Besides, you will not need it for the interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 8:17pm On Oct 04, 2017
pagekollection2:
Good evening house.am of the silent readers.plz I need ur advice,am planning to go USA on visitation base conference. the conference is hold at the end of November bt I ll getting my visitation letter next week can I go ahead filling d form or should I wait till I get d visitation letter bt fear is nt able get appointment for d interview at embassy b4 d conference.

I suggest you start filling the form. If you have all the data you need, you can complete the form. If you need some data on the conference, you can either wait for your "visitation letter" or ask the conference organizers directly.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by pagekollection2(m): 8:37pm On Oct 04, 2017
bigbus:

I suggest you start filling the form. If you have all the data you need, you can complete the form. If you need some data on the conference, you can either wait for your "visitation letter" or ask the conference organizers directly.

Thank u very much.another thing when is the right time to make the payments for the appointment is it after filling d form or b4.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kessel: 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2017
asid:

Just know what visa category you intend, walk into any GTB branch and tell a staff you intend making a US visa payment (they would have the prices printed out)

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Johnmark247: 9:51pm On Oct 04, 2017
Hello Gurus in the house,

Please i wish to embark on a 7days family vacation come mid December with wife and 3kids. Hence, what visa class do i go for? what are the suggestive documents in order to stand some chances of being granted the U.S visitors visa as i have no relatives over there? Possibly how long does it take to sit for the interview?

So sorry if my questions are enormous as i'm novice of the pre-requisites and protocols envolved.

Please help me out soonest.

God bless!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 10:50pm On Oct 04, 2017
pagekollection2:

Thank u very much.another thing when is the right time to make the payments for the appointment is it after filling d form or b4.

You should make the payment before booking an appointment. (The payment receipt is valid for one year, so you can choose to pay before you finish filling the form.) And you should complete filling the form before booking an appointment. Make sure you upload your passport photo while filling the form.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2017
Johnmark247:
Hello Gurus in the house,

Please i wish to embark on a 7days family vacation come mid December with wife and 3kids. Hence, what visa class do i go for? what are the suggestive documents in order to stand some chances of being granted the U.S visitors visa as i have no relatives over there? Possibly how long does it take to sit for the interview?

So sorry if my questions are enormous as i'm novice of the pre-requisites and protocols envolved.

Please help me out soonest.

God bless!

Start from page 1 of this thread, your answers are there. Interviews can be as short as 2 to 3 minutes.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by PrinceAdey(m): 4:42am On Oct 05, 2017
Hello the gurus,
Filling the DS-160.. Please what's my passport type? On my passport I'm seeing 'P' but in the form the options there are: Regular, Official, Diplomatic and other.
Then I selected Regular. Hope I'm correct?

I need your guidance!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asid(m): 5:17am On Oct 05, 2017
PrinceAdey:
Hello the gurus,
Filling the DS-160.. Please what's my passport type? On my passport I'm seeing 'P' but in the form the options there are: Regular, Official, Diplomatic and other.
Then I selected Regular. Hope I'm correct?

I need your guidance!

Regular

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.