Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April (11926 Views)

Poll: Which team's winning the 1st leg?

Barcelona: 48% (45 votes)
Chelsea: 38% (35 votes)
Draw: 13% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Chelsea Vs Swansea (2 - 0) On 28th April 2013 / Stoke City Vs Arsenal (1 - 1) On 28th April 2012 / UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Cristalz(f): 11:03pm On Apr 26, 2009
The fire of the UCL blazes on as two elephants in the soccer jungle prepare to tear up the Camp Nou pitch. The two sides met for three seasons in a row between 2005 and 2007 and produced one of the UEFA Champions League's all-time great matches in 2005, so the anticipation ahead of this season's semi-final meeting is perhaps bigger than ever.

Barcelona's been impressive so far, with Eto'o, Messi and Henry blasting in quality goals like it's going out of fashion. Now that the trophy is this close, they will definitely step it up even more, especially with such a formidable opponent to take care of.
  Josep Guardiola is confident his team can get the better of Chelsea.  .  .who wouldn't be with such an array of talent at his disposal? From Victor Valdes up to Samuel Eto'o, it's quality through and through.
  However, Drogba, Lampard, Anelka and co will definitely make the current La Liga leaders work for this. Guardiola has got no serious injury or suspension worries at the moment, so besides heavy training, all seems set.

Having seen off one familiar foe in Liverpool FC in the quarter-finals, Chelsea FC now resume hostilities with another in FC Barcelona.
  Guus Hiddink has confirmed Ricardo Carvalho will miss Chelsea's UEFA Champions League semi-final, first-leg tie against Barcelona.The Blues boss also has a conundrum over who to play at left-back, with Ashley Cole suspended for the first leg. Michael Mancienne is an option after playing in that position for the reserves against West Brom, while Jose Bosingwa could start at left-back if he proves his fitness after a hamstring injury.  Bosingwa has been auditioning for the role, and was given an hour against Hammers winger Luis Boa Morte.
  Let's not forget though that Mancienne plays primarily as a center-back, and right-back, so this will be asking him to play out of position against a very skilled and experienced Messi.

''Bosingwa is capable I think but we have to take into consideration it is different to play Messi, with all respect to West Ham,'' Hiddink said.

So, have Chelsea got a defense problem here? Guess the fear of Lionel Messi is the beginning of great wisdom. If Hiddink has to field a makeshift defense, Petr Cech will have a lot of work to do on the night. Not an envious task with the sort of strikers Barcelona possess.
  Another option would be to play Belletti as right-back, and move Ivanovic who is currently occupying that spot to left-back.  .  .and Messi. Definitely, Hiddink has got a lot to consider for this 1st leg meeting.  .  .and Barca being at home won't help issues too.
  Drogba and co have got to find ways past Barca's defense and Valdes, at least to make up in case their own back line becomes a basket.

Whoever misses this game should be shot in the kneecap!! grin
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by switch47(m): 7:00am On Apr 27, 2009
CHELSEA WILL SURELY LOSE THIS ONE!! Chelsea has been lucky so far----but this is the end of the road!!

Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Emperoh(m): 7:27am On Apr 27, 2009
Cristalz:

Whoever misses this game should be shot in the kneecap!! grin
I don't think so!! He/she should be expelled from being a football fan!! grin

switch47:

CHELSEA WILL SURELY LOSE THIS ONE!! Chelsea has been lucky so far----but this is the end of the road!!
Nah!! I don't think so. I am not a Chav but this tie will be won with plenty of goals
Mind you Barca's defence is suspect!! So he who scores more wins the tie
It will such a close call.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by switch47(m): 8:27am On Apr 27, 2009
CHELSEA WILL DIE !! BARCELONA WILL KILL THEM THIS TIME!! END OF THE ROAD FOR CHELSEA!! cool cool

Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by tayoccu(m): 9:22am On Apr 27, 2009
and chelsea's UCL dreams fade into oblivion.

henry shoots the entire b'lose team between the eyes

Whoever misses this game should be shot in the kneecap!!

with a pallet gun  grin grin grin

I don't think so!! He/she should be expelled from being a football fan!!

haba that's worse than murder
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by ogazi007(m): 10:22am On Apr 27, 2009
Against all odd,barca will make it through to the finals.
Barca for all trophies
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by quadrillio(m): 10:40am On Apr 27, 2009
Barca for life, for all Barca drop ur line so that I can call and congratulate u,

in case chelsea fans will drop theirs, I'll call u to console u,

and in case u want to congrate u late me call me on 08077796668 (no flashing, cos all these chelsea fans are broke ass nigga)
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by tayoccu(m): 10:44am On Apr 27, 2009
barca for the final, so i can have my revenge.

Arsenal for UCL.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Meldrick(m): 11:08am On Apr 27, 2009
CHELSEA WILL DEFINETLY CRUSH BARCA

ANOTHER PIECE OF MEAT FOR CHELSEA
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by mukina2: 11:31am On Apr 27, 2009
Yaya love kiss

Please do not spare the chavs oh grin

my only regret is that cashley wont be in it, cuz i wanted you to break his legs grin
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by RuuDie(m): 11:52am On Apr 27, 2009
Its in Barca's favor definitely. . . . . but i would want Chelsea to push them all the way; drain that team so much going in to the el classico. I want to see a grand stand finish in the La Liga as well as the UCL final.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by salinco(m): 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2009
;d cool kiss
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by ajah1(f): 2:08pm On Apr 27, 2009
Up Blues, u'll beat Barca. wink wink
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2009
With scolari i would have given the game to baca. But with a tactically sound coach like hiddink the tie is in a balance. If you doubt it go ask liverpool. Remember baca has not faced an english side this season. Unless chelsea will get a red card. thats the only way they have beaten us. Baca has never beaten us with our eleven men on the pitch for 90 minutes. And more over each time we play away first we always come out tops. Chelsea just need to be more tactical in their game plan. We beat a team with ronaldhinho messi and eto. So whats the big deal. We can always find a way of keeping messi quiet. Just like we did to Gerard and Torres. And pls if baca likes them selves they better not score an early goal otherwise they would feel the sting of a viper. Blues for life.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Krayola(m): 2:58pm On Apr 27, 2009
Andres Iniesta, remember that name, the world is gonna find out all about him tomorrow.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by kev123(m): 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2009
i want to remind barca fans that chelsea was under-rated against liverpool at the end what happened? so keep your mouth till tomorrow thanks. up blueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by MrCrackles(m): 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2009
mukina2:

my only regret is that cashley wont be in it, cuz i wanted you to break his legs grin

Haba! shocked
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by otokx(m): 5:04pm On Apr 27, 2009
Barca should take this.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by cloned666: 6:07pm On Apr 27, 2009
Barca will take this.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by slimghost(m): 6:25pm On Apr 27, 2009
thrashing is written all over this one but i sill dont know which club will get the thrashing. sad

Wait a minute, what club does Mikel play for? grin grin
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by argent(f): 6:36pm On Apr 27, 2009
Chelsea is going to pull a big suprise tomorrow. We are beating barca!!!!!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by switch47(m): 7:12am On Apr 28, 2009
BARCELONA WILL BEAT CHELSEA TODAY!! No more surprises from chelsea---it is all over now!! BARSCELONA ALL THE WAY!!

Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by FBS: 7:58am On Apr 28, 2009
This is very interesting. Its like everyone is against Chelsea. Very interesting.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by abrahym(m): 9:29am On Apr 28, 2009
as a man utd fan and premiership fan i tip chelsea to qualify,barca will draw 2day and chealsea wil do the damage at stamford bridge.up chelski
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by tocdee(m): 9:31am On Apr 28, 2009
FBS:

This is very interesting. Its like everyone is against Chelsea. Very interesting.

Unlike other clubs, ONLY Chelsea fans love that club tongue I mean, what's there to love about them? Their dull football?  Mediocre history? Fans waving plastc flags (donated by the club)? Inadequate Stadium? The Russian and his questionable billions? Diving Drogba? Cashley Cole? 25 year-old teenager Mikel?   wink

Barca on the other hand.  .  .

May the better team win!

abrahym:

as a man utd fan and premiership fan i tip chelsea to qualify,barca will draw 2day and chealsea wil do the damage at stamford bridge.up chelski

As a Utd fan, you must be very scared of facing Barca. Get past Arsenal first tongue
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Utali(m): 9:33am On Apr 28, 2009
I am very impressed with Chelsea, they are a powerful team and a lot stronger than us, so we must keep hold of the ball and make the difference at home- Pep Guardiola (Barca's Coach)

Where my Blue disciples @ !!!!

They can only keep hating, Chelsea for life
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Utali(m): 9:48am On Apr 28, 2009
tocdee:

Unlike other clubs, ONLY Chelsea fans love that club tongue I mean, what's there to love about them? Their dull football?  Mediocre history? Fans waving plastc flags (donated by the club)? Inadequate Stadium? The Russian and his questionable billions? Diving Drogba? Cashley Cole? 25 year-old teenager Mikel?   wink

Barca on the other hand.  .  .

May the better team win!

As a Utd fan, you must be very scared of facing Barca. Get past Arsenal first tongue

Guy! we don't need any outside love! Chelsea have too many fans we need people to leave the club
Every 5 Nigerian out of 10 is a Chelsea fan!
Get out the log of woods in your eyes first before yo talk about questionable billion, what the Furk do you know about Movic? you never talk about your govt wey dey collect your money before your eyes, how did Man U, Liverpool, Aresnal and co founders make their money
aight my guess is right, you don't know! eybody is interested in Chelsea, eything we do is news!! , Drogba has running stomach it makes the headline!!
why don't you all get off Chelsea's d1ck? admit is people WE (Chelsea $ Chelsea's Fan) ROCK and the Rest SUCK

The effed up part of it is, that eytime i ask a Man U, Liverpool, etc fan why do you support your team.the answer i get is all about
1. What they have achieved
2. Trophies they have bought won

As a Blue disciple (Chelsea is my religion) i support the TEAM spirit! that Chelsea spirit.

I could go on and on,

Blue is the colour, football is the game
We're all together and winning is our aim
So cheer us on through the sun and rain
Cos Chelsea, Chelsea is our name.

Here at the Bridge, whether rain or fine
We can shine all the time
Home or away, come and see us play
You're welcome any day

Cos Chelsea, Chelsea is our name

Come to the Shed and we'll welcome you
Wear your blue and see us through
Sing loud and clear until the game is done
Sing Chelsea everyone

Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by switch360(f): 10:30am On Apr 28, 2009
THEIR  HEAD TO HEAD FROM BEGINING OF RIVALRY

TEAM                   P W D L GF GA GD Pts
BARCELONA       8   3  2 3 15  14 +1 11

CHELSEAFC       8   3  2  3 14 15  -1  11

The only advantage chelsea has in this encounter is that they are very powerfull physically, which makes it difficult for most decent attack to penetrate without beiong roughly muscled off the ball, but a player like messi sure knows how to handle such a defence, but then if the defence concentrates too much on messi, HENRY , ETo and anyother player may just do the magic, I WILL GIVE TODAYS ENCOUNTER TO BARCELONA!!

chelsea dont play they just win (says xavi) and not a few sport analysts share this opinion- the blues are good at winning games, but they dont make good viewing,the Blues have been able to record some impressive results so far but they do not play play in the same crowd pleasing way as the Blaugrana side do,chelsea employ an effective style of playing but not at all attractive,Nou camp will not be changing tactics just to ensure that they neutralise the non- pleasing playing stamford bridge side. I Give this encounter to BARCELONA
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by nyabinghi(m): 10:54am On Apr 28, 2009
Barca set to rape Chelsea. A 4-1 win to Barca.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by bluehorizo(m): 11:07am On Apr 28, 2009
We've done Barca before, and we can do them again.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 28, 2009
ENEMIES WILL DIE!

ITS CHELSKY AGAIN! WE HAVE BEEN DOING IT!!!

BLUES FOR LIFE!!!!!!

CHELSKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by tocdee(m): 11:23am On Apr 28, 2009
Utali:

Guy! we don't need any outside love! Chelsea have too many fans we need people to leave the club
Every 5 Nigerian out of 10 is a Chelsea fan!
Get out the log of woods in your eyes first before yo talk about questionable billion, what the Furk do you know about Movic? you never talk about your govt wey dey collect your money before your eyes, how did Man U, Liverpool, Aresnal and co founders make their money
aight my guess is right, you don't know! eybody is interested in Chelsea, eything we do is news!! , Drogba has running stomach it makes the headline!!
why don't you all get off Chelsea's d1ck? admit is people WE (Chelsea $ Chelsea's Fan)  ROCK and the Rest SUCK

The effed up part of it is, that eytime i ask a Man U, Liverpool, etc fan why do you support your team.the answer i get is all about
1. What they have achieved
2. Trophies they have bought won

As a Blue disciple (Chelsea is my religion) i support the TEAM spirit! that Chelsea spirit.

I could go on and on,

Here at the Bridge, whether rain or fine
We can shine all the time
Home or away, come and see us play
You're welcome any day

Cos Chelsea, Chelsea is our name

Come to the Shed and we'll welcome you
Wear your blue and see us through
Sing loud and clear until the game is done
Sing Chelsea everyone

Good!! Now apply the same attitude to your books son. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs FC Porto : UCL (2 - 0) On 24th November 2021 / Southampton Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 30th March 2013 / Manchester United Vs Crystal Palace EFL Cup (3 - 0) On 26th Sept 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.