Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,173 members, 7,829,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April (11954 Views)

Poll: Which team's winning the 1st leg?

Barcelona: 48% (45 votes)
Chelsea: 38% (35 votes)
Draw: 13% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Chelsea Vs Swansea (2 - 0) On 28th April 2013 / Stoke City Vs Arsenal (1 - 1) On 28th April 2012 / UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by zilosxp(m): 11:42am On Apr 29, 2009
it has ended in a scoreless draw!all the talk of barca raping chelsea and beating them 4-1 has gone out of the window now.does anyone have that chelsea anthem on his /her phone please attach it and send it to
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by tocdee(m): 12:20pm On Apr 29, 2009
zilosxp:

does anyone have that chelsea anthem on his /her phone please attach it and send it to nuttyizecube04@gmail.com

Try www.russiananthem.com
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by jalether(m): 12:21pm On Apr 29, 2009
can anyone answer this question, last year at the nou camp

barca-man utd, what is the difference between what manures played

that nite in d 1st leg and chelsea's, its when chelsea does it that it becomes

a problem
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by MrCrackles(m): 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2009
zilosxp:

it has ended in a scoreless draw!all the talk of barca raping chelsea and beating them 4-1 has gone out of the window now.does anyone have that chelsea anthem on his /her phone please attach it and send it to nuttyizecube04@gmail.com

Dont rejoice yet, ya'all still have the second leg to play for! grin
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by tocdee(m): 12:38pm On Apr 29, 2009
jalether:

a problem

But both clubs are shite.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by funkydot(f): 12:43pm On Apr 29, 2009
Too many haters on this thread!Just so y'all know, the colour of the sky is, what?BLUE FOR LIFE!!!! tongue Rome here we come!!!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by philip0906(m): 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2009
@jalether

a problem
don't mind them!but they have noy answered my question-y r they complaining about our game plan which worked perfectly for us(get the best possible result) and not asking themselves y theirs did not work and y Messi did not do his work,dribble every chelsea soul on the pitch? grin
Oya waiting for ansa!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by shaddie(m): 12:54pm On Apr 29, 2009
To start with, I want to say a big congratulation to Chelsea for:

1) not conceeding goals at Nou Camp.
2) for succeeding in their game plan of "anti football tactics"
3) for deciding not to play football on a night like this
4) for not even making an attempt to play football

However, I'll be doing great disservice to football and lovers of good football if i don't say how disappointing it is to see a great team like Chelsea with their array of world class players putting up a below par performance. It is sad that at the semi-final level of the most elitist of all club-side competitions such damage is being done to football.

For God sake, 69-31 ball possession in favor of Barca. Hiddink - I'm disappointed not because I'm supporting Barca 2 win but because we all expect to see good football and so also are 96,000 fans that paid money to watch the match live. They deserve to get value for their money. But, contrary to all expectations, Chelsea superstars were turned into a bunch of mediocre players at Nou Camp. There was nothing professional in their performance at all. I actually expected Chelsea to show some respect to Barca being the team that plays the best football on the planet but i don't expect expect them to be turned to cowards and weaklings on the pitch as it turned out to be. Imagine how Barca utterly dominated the possession (69 to 31) , scoring chances, attempts at goals, corners etc, Infact the only thing Chealsea dominated was fouls committed and yellow cards obtained.

They were contained in their own half thru out the match. They could not even manage coherent passes, create chances and even keep the ball. no sooner had they gotten the ball that they end up loosing it. The only real opportunity they had came as a result of an error on the part of Marquez and Drogba, I think Chelsea Coach needs to watch the video of this game again and see how weak his team was. They only clustered in front of their 18 just to prevent Barca from scoring and not that they have any intention of playing real football. That on it's own, is an attitude of losers. For me (and I believe am speaking the mind of other good football lovers) I rather see a team playing attacking football, creating chances, making attempts at goals, giving and collecting accurate passes, dominating possession etc. to end up loosing and than to see cowards called stars queuing up in front of their goalie in the name of playing football end up winning. Such makes football boring.

Inspite of my disappointment with Chealsea, Hiddink and their stars, my main disappointment goes those EPL fans that kept saying that Barcelona got to this stage because they neva met English opposition. That Barca kept meeting weaker teams which accounted for their success so far. according to such fans, EPL teams are the best sides in Europe. Thus, when Barca was drawn against Chelsea, I was eager to watch the so - called strength of English football. but to my disappointment, I ended up seing the most one sided match at this level of the competition. This was the same thing Man U did last year. Thus, I kept wondering where lies the so-called strenght of the English teams that turns them to cowards/weaklings whenever they meet Barca? Pls EPL fans help me out.

As far as i know, even the weaker teams in La liga will manage to play better than Chelsea did yesternite or at worst, make attempt to play football unlike Chelsea that made no attempt to play football and caged themselves  in front of their keeper like Bouncers at a party premises. If this is what u guys watch in EPL matches that deceives u to say that EPL has the best teams in Europe then I'm sorry for u guys coz u re really missing a lot.

For those of you that think that Chelsea has any advantage in the 2nd leg playing at home should have a rethink. In the first instance, the best place to attack is when playing away coz any goal u score has double implication on the opposition.  Now that the game is to be decided at Stamoford bridge, the pressure will be on Chelsea to stop Barca from gettin an away goal advantage thus they'll do more of defending. Secondly, Barca is naturally an attacking side thus they'll be doing their own thing while Chelsea will be left with the task of trying to contain them. Since Hiddink used all his players to defend at Nou Camp (where they ought to be looking for away goal advantage) I wonder whether he'll use all his 11 players with the reserve bench to defend at Stamford bridge to prevent Barca from getting the highly coveted away goal. As for the Barca I know, they rather fight and loose gallantly than to defend and win like cowards. That to me is the distinction between great teams and weak teams. Any body think otherwise?
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by philip0906(m): 1:00pm On Apr 29, 2009
@shaddie
u r chatting dust!ansa my question.look up the replies and answer.still waiting.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by endychux: 1:02pm On Apr 29, 2009
Mikel was very impressive
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by tocdee(m): 1:17pm On Apr 29, 2009
philip0906:

@shaddie
u r chatting dust!ansa my question.look up the replies and answer.still waiting.

The question was not very bright so I guess people avoided it. How can you call that result 'the best possible' for Chelsea as if they play in the French league?

endychux:

Mikel was very impressive

Sure, his back-passes were simply world-class smiley
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by khanye(m): 1:18pm On Apr 29, 2009
shaddie:

To start with, I want to say a big congratulation to Chelsea for:

1) not conceeding goals at Nou Camp.
2) for succeeding in their game plan of "anti football tactics"
3) for deciding not to play football on a night like this
4) for not even making an attempt to play football

However, I'll be doing great disservice to football and lovers of good football if i don't say how disappointing it is to see a great team like Chelsea with their array of world class players putting up a below par performance. It is sad that at the semi-final level of the most elitist of all club-side competitions such damage is being done to football.

For God sake, 69-31 ball possession in favor of Barca. Hiddink - I'm disappointed not because I'm supporting Barca 2 win but because we all expect to see good football and so also are 96,000 fans that paid money to watch the match live. They deserve to get value for their money. But, contrary to all expectations, Chelsea superstars were turned into a bunch of mediocre players at Nou Camp. There was nothing professional in their performance at all. I actually expected Chelsea to show some respect to Barca being the team that plays the best football on the planet but i don't expect expect them to be turned to cowards and weaklings on the pitch as it turned out to be. Imagine how Barca utterly dominated the possession (69 to 31) , scoring chances, attempts at goals, corners etc, Infact the only thing Chealsea dominated was fouls committed and yellow cards obtained.

They were contained in their own half thru out the match. They could not even manage coherent passes, create chances and even keep the ball. no sooner had they gotten the ball that they end up loosing it. The only real opportunity they had came as a result of an error on the part of Marquez and Drogba, I think Chelsea Coach needs to watch the video of this game again and see how weak his team was. They only clustered in front of their 18 just to prevent Barca from scoring and not that they have any intention of playing real football. That on it's own, is an attitude of losers. For me (and I believe am speaking the mind of other good football lovers) I rather see a team playing attacking football, creating chances, making attempts at goals, giving and collecting accurate passes, dominating possession etc. to end up loosing and than to see cowards called stars queuing up in front of their goalie in the name of playing football end up winning. Such makes football boring.

Inspite of my disappointment with Chealsea, Hiddink and their stars, my main disappointment goes those EPL fans that kept saying that Barcelona got to this stage because they neva met English opposition. That Barca kept meeting weaker teams which accounted for their success so far. according to such fans, EPL teams are the best sides in Europe. Thus, when Barca was drawn against Chelsea, I was eager to watch the so - called strength of English football. but to my disappointment, I ended up seing the most one sided match at this level of the competition. This was the same thing Man U did last year. Thus, I kept wondering where lies the so-called strenght of the English teams that turns them to cowards/weaklings whenever they meet Barca? Pls EPL fans help me out.

As far as i know, even the weaker teams in La liga will manage to play better than Chelsea did yesternite or at worst, make attempt to play football unlike Chelsea that made no attempt to play football and caged themselves in front of their keeper like Bouncers at a party premises. If this is what u guys watch in EPL matches that deceives u to say that EPL has the best teams in Europe then I'm sorry for u guys coz u re really missing a lot.

For those of you that think that Chelsea has any advantage in the 2nd leg playing at home should have a rethink. In the first instance, the best place to attack is when playing away coz any goal u score has double implication on the opposition. Now that the game is to be decided at Stamoford bridge, the pressure will be on Chelsea to stop Barca from gettin an away goal advantage thus they'll do more of defending. Secondly, Barca is naturally an attacking side thus they'll be doing their own thing while Chelsea will be left with the task of trying to contain them. Since Hiddink used all his players to defend at Nou Camp (where they ought to be looking for away goal advantage) I wonder whether he'll use all his 11 players with the reserve bench to defend at Stamford bridge to prevent Barca from getting the highly coveted away goal. As for the Barca I know, they rather fight and loose gallantly than to defend and win like cowards. That to me is the distinction between great teams and weak teams. Any body think otherwise?

Nice one wink
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by coolguyz(m): 1:23pm On Apr 29, 2009
to all chelsea fans i think u shldnt start celebrating yet. barca was better of the nyt and nuthin says they cant do it at stamford brideg d same way it was done under the 'special one' wen chelsea was seemingly at their best wt dt eto'o goal to win at stamford.

very very very dicey 2nd leg it will be and its only after that 90minutes we can say anything. its still open guys and to all d barca guys, i doff my hat. to guardiola and his boys, gud job but luck wasnt just there. eto'o missed, henry squandered and bojan wasted and a penalty went unawarded.

next week is the real game cos there'l be all to play for and all to lose.

however, we hope for an entertaining game of futbol oooooooooo!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by FBS: 1:29pm On Apr 29, 2009
no one is celebrating as yet.
Chelsea did what they had to do yesterday.

Call it any name you desire, end result is what matters most. Sexy football dont always bring desired results. Ask The Arses. (No offence guys)

Battle of SB part II.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by nyabinghi(m): 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2009
Every team has a game plan. Chelsea sat back last night and got a perfect reward. I am not an apostle of anti-football but the end result is what counts.
I see a score draw at Stamford bridge, Barca's central defence might let them down due to lack of adequate cover at that position. Martin caceres might be called upon to partner Pique and this might expose them at the bridge
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by timmy7(m): 1:37pm On Apr 29, 2009
Barca has always been better in every game they lost or drawn in recent time and that doesnt count in football
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Krayola(m): 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2009
Any team that defended with as many players as Chelsea would probably have got a desirable result. Chelsea did nothing special. But as they say the ends justify the means so I guess their fans have every right to be happy, but in my opinion nothing to be proud of.

Espanyol came to the Nou Camp and beat us 1-2, our only home loss of the season. I hate Espanyol, but i respect them, they've cost us so many important points season after season, but they fight to win. Only relegation bound teams in La-Liga EVER come out and play like Chelsea did, and when they do it isn't as blatant. There is a reason why Spanish teams are the best in Europe (according to Official UEFA rankings, and not EPL beer parlour ranking), we play football, and when we meet EPL teams they play anti-football. No one is ever going to break down a team as strong as Chelsea when they have so many players in the box. Its not rocket science

A wounded barca is a dangerous Barca, Chelsea might win the 2nd leg, but they'll have to score goals because we definitely will.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by nyabinghi(m): 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2009
I see people spew Bollocks down here. The season Arsenal played barca in the final, how did Arsenal play in El Madrigal(Complete defensive),Last year against Barca Man U did the same, last night Chelsea did the same. Big Teams do go defensive when things ain't going their way. Its called tactical soccer. If Liverpool were that good, how many trophies are they fighting for.

Chelsea i am giving u guys  a temporary congrats. I still see Barca in the final.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Krayola(m): 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2009
It isn't bollocks, No side of the argument is more valid than the other. Its just two different football cultures.

I have no problem with being defensive, as in not committing too many players forward, having fullbacks stay back and not overlap, etc. sometimes that what is necessary. But what Chelsea did yesterday was show a total lack of ambition, something Barcelona fans are not used to seeing which is why we are disappointed. We just believe every game should be won. Strong teams should go out and try to win, home or away, and that is what we always try to do. No one is expecting any sympathy from Chelsea fans.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Utali(m): 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2009
Tra la la tra la la
I know it hurts haters so much that Barca couldn't win, Messi couldn't dribble, taht Chelsea kept a clean sheet on Barca on their most formidable form (They weren't this top when Man U played them)
So tra la la tra la la
Traa alaaaa CHELSEA!!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by toxicguy: 2:42pm On Apr 29, 2009
i'm a madrid fan and i'll tell you the EPL is over rated. where is the attacking football that has been advertised. bull shit. the only team i see that attacks and does it well is liverpool. all the rest are just shit. liverpool scroed 28 goals in 7 games as folows:

madrid 4
manure 4
villa 5
chelsea 4
blackburn 4
arsenal 4
hull 3

now thats what i call attacking football. none of the other 3 have scored 28 goals this calendar year. all the rest are so bloody boring. what a waste of 13k(9k dstv & 4k hitv) watching the premier league. (excluding liverpool).

madrid belongs to the king and are the kings of UCL.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by nyabinghi(m): 2:46pm On Apr 29, 2009
@toxic,

probably u just started watching soccer this year. How many times has Liverpool outscored United in a football year. Liverpool is the most boring top 4 team in England. A typical route one football team.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by khanye(m): 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2009
nyabinghi:

@toxic,

probably u just started watching soccer this year. How many times has Liverpool outscored United in a football year. Liverpool is the most boring top 4 team in England. A typical route one football team.

Chelski is the most boring team in England
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Sheguama: 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2009
barca 0-chelsea 0. anybody wey wan die mke hin die
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by solosimple(m): 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2009
Soory for Bad bele people! Chelsea riles them all!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by tocdee(m): 3:49pm On Apr 29, 2009
nyabinghi:

@toxic,

I guess you're as bright as your name indicates because Liverpool is a team that offers exceptional drama;

Best Champions league final (Istanbul)-Various,
Best Fa Cup Final (vs West Ham)-Various;
Best 07/08 Champions League Match vs Arsenal (Anfield)
Record no of goals scored in a UCL match vs Besiktas
Highest European goal scoring team in all competitions 07/08
Best 08/09 UCL match vs Chelsea,
Best Premiership match for a decade vs Arsenal 08/09 (Anfield)

Even Chelsea played interesting football when Liverpool came to town. A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by chidichris(m): 3:57pm On Apr 29, 2009
i'm a madrid fan and i'll tell you the EPL is over rated. where is the attacking football that has been advertised. bull shit. the only team i see that attacks and does it well is liverpool. all the rest are just shit. liverpool scroed 28 goals in 7 games as folows:

madrid 4
manure 4
villa 5
chelsea 4
blackburn 4
arsenal 4
hull 3

now thats what i call attacking football. none of the other 3 have scored 28 goals this calendar year. all the rest are so bloody boring. what a waste of 13k(9k dstv & 4k hitv) watching the premier league. (excluding liverpool).

madrid belongs to the king and are the kings of UCL.

@TOXICGUY,
i don't believe things like u are still in existance. do u believe that the end justifies the means? u can score a record goals of 1.5 million in a season, that is good for history but at the end of the day ur stores will record 0 trophy. of what use is salt if the taste is lost? liverpool scored 28 and conceeded how many? so what is the goal difference? don't u know that westbrom can beat madrid 5-0 on a good day?
madrid fans not allowed here-reason, pepe did an aborminable thing in football and have been banned for 10 matches-historic, isn't that?
the only hope for liverpool's season is the epl with no guarantee.
remember, i get am before na story. madrid is only running up and down for ronaldo an epl player. they bought diarra, roben and nestaroy all epl players. so go talk other things because u no sabi footie.
the news in town is that sturnorn chelsea held barca. the same barca that maltreated madrid in the camp. if chelsea catch madrid, na 8-0
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by solosimple(m): 4:15pm On Apr 29, 2009
True Talk!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Krayola(m): 5:07pm On Apr 29, 2009
I'm sorry but i don't buy this "all that matters is trophies" stuff. If it were valid small teams would not have supporters. There is more to football than trophies and anyone that does not see that isn't really a fan of the sport. Why do the likes of Middlesborough have fans that travel long distances to watch their team play? Arsenals fans will rather not win a trophy than watch their team play with 10 men in the box. Arsenal did not pack the box against Villarreal in 04,  they at least tried to play on the counter. Chelsea didn't even try to counter,  just hopeful balls to Drogba. Come on.

The first time i saw Barcelona play a game was when they lost 4-0 to AC Milan in a CL finals,  I have been a fan ever since,  I loved their style, even though they got their asses kicked in.

Real Madrid had a trophy drought,  they hired Capello, he won the trophy they desperately wanted, THEY FIRED HIM!!!! why? He built a defensive team that did not entertain the fans,  that is like raping a new born baby in spain, especially if u are a big team.

Like I said Chelsea got a good result, but the only people impressed are Chelsea fans. Neutrals left the game with a bad taste in their mouth thanks to Chelsea, and Barca fans are highly disappointed.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by xdunamis(m): 6:13pm On Apr 29, 2009
you guys should forget all those barca talks, i still believe that at the end, Chelsea will get the upper hand. Remember we are talking of the number 1 aspiration of chelsea Fc and the players are ready to do anything to get that trophy this season and i believe there is hope .

Greetings to all football lovers and fanatics.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by xdunamis(m): 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2009
up CHELSEA !!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs FC Copenhagen UCL (1 - 0) On 24th October 2023 / What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? / Real Madrid Vs PSG : UCL (1 - 0) On 3rd November 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.