Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April (11969 Views)

Poll: Which team's winning the 1st leg?

Barcelona: 48% (45 votes)
Chelsea: 38% (35 votes)
Draw: 13% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Chelsea Vs Swansea (2 - 0) On 28th April 2013 / Stoke City Vs Arsenal (1 - 1) On 28th April 2012 / UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Zero2(m): 11:24am On Apr 28, 2009
Chealse and barca encouter will definately end in surprise and shock. Chealse could receive the greatest defeat of their existence if they don't play with caution. Barca is playing soccer the way it's suppose to be played. The truth is any team can defeat barca if they can play 50-50 possession with barcelona. It's true that barca has a very porous and bad goal keeper but the question i have always asked and will continue to ask it that will chealse get hold of the ball because barca will definately hide the ball from them. bayern has more deadly and sharp attack than chealse but they couldn't play anything because they couldn't find the ball. That is exactly what will happen to chealse.
Everybody including chealse manager concentrates more on messi but i tell you there is a player that will do all the damages today and that player is INIESTA. he is more deadly but people don't easily see it. though it will be a very powerful encouter i see barca making it through to ROME. I must coment chealse for coming this far, it's not easy at all. I just pray they continue with thier present form next season, They could become champion. But they've come to the end of the road this season for the fact that they want to play with the best club in europe prenstly. barca is just too technical for chealse.

CONGRATULATION TO BARCELONA!!!

JUST TAKE HEART CHELASE, sometime is like that.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by mayrho(m): 11:28am On Apr 28, 2009
dem go fall dem go fall yaka yaka ta All BLUE HATERS GO FALL
U WATCH
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by switch360(f): 11:30am On Apr 28, 2009
THEIR HEAD TO HEAD FROM BEGINING OF RIVALRY

TEAM P W D L GF GA GD Pts
BARCELONA 8 3 2 3 15 14 +1 11

CHELSEAFC 8 3 2 3 14 15 -1 11

The only advantage chelsea has in this encounter is that they are very powerfull physically, which makes it difficult for most decent attack to penetrate without been roughly muscled off the ball, but a player like messi sure knows how to handle such a defence, but then if the defence concentrates too much on messi, HENRY , ETo and anyother player may just do the magic, I WILL GIVE TODAYS ENCOUNTER TO BARCELONA!!

chelsea dont play they just win (says xavi) and not a few sport analysts share this opinion- the blues are good at winning games, but they dont make good viewing,the Blues have been able to record some impressive results so far but they do not play play in the same crowd pleasing way as the Blaugrana side do,chelsea employ an effective style of playing but not at all attractive,Nou camp will not be changing tactics just to ensure that they neutralise the non- pleasing playing stamford bridge side. I Give this encounter to BARCELONA
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by donifeanyi: 11:34am On Apr 28, 2009
CHELSEA FOR LIFE,WE GO BLAST BARCA AT NOUU CAMP,WEVE DONE IT BEFORE AND WE ARE DOING IT AGAIN,THE CUP NA OUR OWN DIS TIME

grin ENEMIES,WON MA KU TE BA GBO PE CHELSEA TI WIN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 28, 2009
its gonna be a tough one for chelsea,
but the Blues have been known to be quite resilient.
i give this one to Barca but they have to play well.
an off day for messi coild just be possible
Man U did it last season wen Vidic effectively tied him up.
may the better side win.
its a must watch as earlier said
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by elowa: 11:57am On Apr 28, 2009
Chelsea is definitely going DOWN! BARCA FOR LIFE
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by JAZES(m): 12:03pm On Apr 28, 2009
To all chelsea haters it will be a big surprise to you as we trash barca silly today.
BLUES FOR LIFE[color=#000099][/color]
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by switch47(m): 12:10pm On Apr 28, 2009
For the records , Past statistics favour the catalans(Barcelona) having won five of the total of eleven matches played against chelsea. with chelsea winningf four times andhaving won four of its six home matches against chelsea and drawn the last two,[b] MEANING CHELSEA HAS NEVER defeated BArcelona in their home goals difference may come into play at the end and it had better be barcelona in ROME!!

BARCELONA are a skillfull side, they are smart and can turn the pace of the game up or down. the can and will surely frustrate a team like chelsea-----------i am hoping for a good display from the catalan giants today!! VIVA BARCA!! BARCELONA ALL THE WAY!!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by qkman: 12:13pm On Apr 28, 2009
stand up!stand up!! stand up!!! for the champion.the catalians
i wonder why Deco left?
He would have enjoyed displaying his talent instead of doing it on the bench like he usually does now.
any one tell those guyz,doz sepe drinkers,no go area.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by saturnjay(m): 12:15pm On Apr 28, 2009
Barca 1 Vs Chelsea 3
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by KunleOshob(m): 12:20pm On Apr 28, 2009
saturnjay:

Barca 1 Vs Chelsea 3
who is this deluded freak angry
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by sammypai: 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2009
Not really a fan of either but i know its going to be a tough 1, lik Chelsea vs L.Pool. Wish the blues luck, Its a 50, 50 game wink
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by bgees(m): 12:24pm On Apr 28, 2009
Barcelona just drew with Valencia over the weekend so i pity Chelsea,it is the 'wrongest' time to play Barcelona.

This time, Guus Hiddink will be clueless.
Even if chelsea play dirty they'll to lose.
And Bosingwa shouldn't even bother coming to the field.
But chelsea can still get a goal and thats all.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by switch47(m): 12:24pm On Apr 28, 2009
I pray they can kill off the two leged encounter by roasting chelsea with as many goals as possible!!   four or five goals is not too bad----i even sense a chelsea RED card!! and about one or two penalties against chelsea!!   CHELSEA IS DOOMED!!

barcelona  5      chelsea   0
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by solosimple(m): 12:25pm On Apr 28, 2009
chelsea will definetly crush barca
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by FBS: 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2009
@utali, you be correct guy cool grin
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by argent(f): 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2009
solosimple:

chelsea will definetly crush barca

Amen
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by switch47(m): 12:52pm On Apr 28, 2009
@UTALI
you no be correct guy at all!! CHELSEA IS DOOMED TO LOSE TODAY!!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by FBS: 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2009
Unlike other clubs, ONLY Chelsea fans love that club  I mean, what's there to love about them? Their dull football?  Mediocre history? Fans waving plastc flags (donated by the club)? Inadequate Stadium? The Russian and his questionable billions? Diving Drogba? Cashley Cole? 25 year-old teenager Mikel?  

Barca on the other hand.  .  .

May the better team win!
Very funny. NO offense my guy, but you need to get your arse out of your head for a start. tongue
Secondly, do you mean to say that DD is the only guilty player? what probs do you have with Mikel? I dont get it. . .why hate on this guy?
You talk about history? you think Chelsea dont have one? Na there make you sit, sho gbo. . .in the next 20 years you will be a Blues fan. Mark my words. grin

Yes. The better team will win and that will be CHELSEA.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Eeyore(m): 1:10pm On Apr 28, 2009
We are gonna have the Blues for dinner.

BARCA FOR EVER,
BARCA TILL I DROP.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Krayola(m): 1:20pm On Apr 28, 2009
We must score early. Chelsea can make us pay if we don't.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by phantom(m): 1:38pm On Apr 28, 2009
I been wan waka pass,but like a vampire that cant resist blood,i cant resist what i am, Chelsea, Till the coffin closes on me, Dont u guys understand?Its not about football no more, Its something else,which only blue fans understand.Admit it, Win or lose, We got the swagger, lol
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by gasman58: 1:40pm On Apr 28, 2009
though am an ARSENAL FAN, I give today encounter to barca.

i want a repeat of 2005 final btw ARSENAL and BARCA

GUNNERS 4 LIFE
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Hardar4lag(m): 1:45pm On Apr 28, 2009
Blueees 4lifffffeeeeeee Olote's una go dey surprise
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by pastorking(m): 1:50pm On Apr 28, 2009
Up Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!
Up Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!
Up Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!
Up Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!
Up Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!
Up Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!
Up Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!

We don win this one, God dey, All the Angels are Chelsea fans
I see celebration even in Heaven today.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by gasman58: 1:53pm On Apr 28, 2009
[table]Blueees 4lifffffeeeeeee Olote's una go dey surprise[/table].
@HARD, barca will be too hard for you to crack, imagine this guys(eto'o henry, messi)

olorun etiku loni grin grin grin grin
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by gasman58: 1:56pm On Apr 28, 2009
@pastorking, beta go dey pray make messi get swine flu, if not na cry you go cry after the match
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Monesty(m): 1:56pm On Apr 28, 2009
[color=#990000][/color] up chelsae up blues
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Hardar4lag(m): 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2009
Are dey nt players 4rm earth abi na Heaven dem come 4rm
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by gasman58: 2:06pm On Apr 28, 2009
@hard, dey are players but in terms of skills,performance and pattern of play, abeg dey pass chelsea

take heart bro

GUNNERS FOR LIFE
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Utali(m): 2:16pm On Apr 28, 2009
phantom:

Dont u guys understand?Its not about football no more, Its something else,which only blue fans understand.Admit it, Win or lose, We got the swagger, lol

Tell em, Tell em!!!

Tis not 'bout football nimore!! It is a Following now,
It is a rebirth (my born again peeps! na mean)
It is life
It is spiritual
It what we believe in,
It is all about magic
It is all about a club they say don't play well but has been very consitent and always in top flight all season long (Never out of top 3) since the great revolution (Movich)

1.A club that has reached the last four of this competition an incredible five times in the last six seasons.
No other club has managed such a sequence since the format opened up in 1992/3. Over the 16 years Juve and Real have also played five semis, Liverpool three, Arsenal two, Leeds one. Only Milan, Manchester United and Barcelona have contested more.
2.A player Drogba! if he scores today (coz he will)  he will have the CL record of the most consecutive goals wow
3. A club that has the record number of fans attendance in a match (See the Jingles on Super Sport)

And Importantly

A club we will always love come Lose or win! come achievements or None!
Come rain or Shine!

Blue is the colour, football is the game
We're all together and winning is our aim
So cheer us on through the sun and rain
Cos Chelsea, Chelsea is our name.

Here at the Bridge, whether rain or fine
We can shine all the time
Home or away, come and see us play
You're welcome any day

Cos Chelsea, Chelsea is our name

Come to the Shed and we'll welcome you
Wear your blue and see us through
Sing loud and clear until the game is done
Sing Chelsea everyone

Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Utali(m): 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2009
Barcelona 35 (58.3%)
Chelsea 18 (30%)
Draw 7 (11.7%)
Total Votes: 60

Liverpool, Arsenal,Man U, Barca, Clubless peeps etc etc is that the best you can do??

Come on 5 different clubs and still counting all against Chelsea you can up the Poll in favor of Barca more
I mean we still got 30% off the whole poll means Barca is leading wiv only 18% , you guys can do more
If i see Barca get up to 90% then I'll doff my cap
You guys are not going to let me get away with this, are you? hit 90% and I quit Chelsea!!
I mean 5 coalition against 1 Indivisible Chelsea it is fair isn't it?

90% and I quit
ah ok 80% , am i not merciful Scum Bags!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs FC Copenhagen UCL (1 - 0) On 24th October 2023 / What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? / Real Madrid Vs PSG : UCL (1 - 0) On 3rd November 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.