Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,434 members, 7,836,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April (11970 Views)

Poll: Which team's winning the 1st leg?

Barcelona: 48% (45 votes)
Chelsea: 38% (35 votes)
Draw: 13% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Chelsea Vs Swansea (2 - 0) On 28th April 2013 / Stoke City Vs Arsenal (1 - 1) On 28th April 2012 / UCL Semi: Barcelona Vs Inter [1 - 0; 2 - 3 Agg]On Wednesday 28th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Utali(m): 7:04am On Apr 29, 2009
Yall are bunch of noise makers
By this time yesterday it was all about Chelsea losing woefully now like we (Chelsea & Chelsea fans) expected you are eating your words, the hating has taken a new twist! it is now that Barca will win at Stamford bridge! lol I won't try to play God and predict scores but just note.

1. Ashley Cole will be in the Game
2.Meaning that Essien would be more upfront
3.Carlvaho will play

Chelsea!!!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by timmy7(m): 7:16am On Apr 29, 2009
Dont mind the yeye people atleast their mouth has been SWITCHED off after yestday,it'll surely be a repeat of Man u vs Barca last year and come and see them as they start running mouth again that they outshone chelsea as if that wins a game.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by chidichris(m): 7:26am On Apr 29, 2009
before the last draw, it was IF chelsea draw liverpool, they (chelsea) are gone, after our first leg at anfield, it became, IF liverpool come to stamford, they will reverse the game. they came and we destroyed them. on our journey to barca, it was IF chelsea get there, they will be destroyed, we went there last night played with little effort. they shld be thanking their God drogba did not play his game. there was no messi, henri missed, etoo was weak. iniester got no penalty and xavi was silenced.
it is a very different ball game playing against vanlencia and playing against chelsea.
we will wait till the end of second leg but the most interesting thing is, nobody predicted was happened lst night. day after day, we go close to rome.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by eyonigger(m): 7:37am On Apr 29, 2009
I just pray they dont start breaking legs in SB, cos na part of their dirty footie. Remember Manure was lucky last season with that goal by scholes, the match would have ended a goalless draw resulting to penalty, and who knows what might happen.

Now I can openly say manure is better than Chelsea, so you don't stand much chance at home am sorry to say.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by FBS: 7:41am On Apr 29, 2009
woulda coulda shoulda. . .spare us the story please.
No one predicted a goaless draw yesterday. Chelsea defended spiritedly ( we coulda even snatched an away goal) but you can't call that a dirty footie except if you watch a different match yesterday. tongue

Battle of SB part II.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by eyonigger(m): 7:56am On Apr 29, 2009
FBS abeg just sharrap, why can u guys not admit you played dirty footie? Cmon boy u know it so admit it, I know you guys are hungry for the trophy since you have never won it before, so if na by fir by force una wan use collect am u guys just dnt mind, I understand that part of the story.

But saying you guys played perfectly well the way 2 big teams are supposed to be playing, then you must be talking out of ur anus.

I want to ask yall chelski fans this question, now that you have drawn away at camp nou, do you think the second leg is so so sure for you guys? I mean remember you must not concede one goal, cos if you do then you might have to score 3 goals which I dnt see happening. I will be back on this thread that day to Boo u guys. The only thing that can make u guys win is if the match ends a goalless draw and penalty is being played, then we can kiss the UCL goodbye this season.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by EDDIEBANGA(m): 8:16am On Apr 29, 2009
eyonigger:

FBS abeg just sharrap, why can u guys not admit you played dirty footie? Cmon boy u know it so admit it, I know you guys are hungry for the trophy since you have never won it before, so if na by fir by force una wan use collect am u guys just dnt mind, I understand that part of the story.

But saying you guys played perfectly well the way 2 big teams are supposed to be playing, then you must be talking out of ur anus.

I want to ask yall chelski fans this question, now that you have drawn away at camp nou, do you think the second leg is so so sure for you guys? I mean remember you must not concede one goal, cos if you do then you might have to score 3 goals which I dnt see happening. I will be back on this thread that day to Boo u guys. The only thing that can make u guys win is if the match ends a goalless draw and penalty is being played, then we can kiss the UCL goodbye this season.

CHELSEA FANS HELP ME ASK THIS GOOD FOR NOTHING ASHAWO WHAT THE HELL HE IS DOING HERE ON OUR THEAD. U GUYS HAVE TO PLAY THE GUNNERS TODAY U ARE SUPPOSE TO BE BOTHERED.HERE U ARE CREATING USELESS COMMENT.I DEY VEX FOR U OOOOO. THOUGH I LIKE MAN UTD,PLS SPARE US THE DETAILS AND FOCUS ON UR GAME TODAY.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by FBS: 8:24am On Apr 29, 2009
@eyeonigger: look, stop shouting. Ok. No need for that. NO be fight.
For the sake of footie, kindly indicate in my post where I categorically said we played better. When you are done, move to the main chelsea thread and see my comments about yesterday match. On both threads you wont find such.

If reading is your problem, I can understand but please you need to take a chill pill.
My statement was: Chelsea defended spiritedly and we could have nicked an away goal. Now, how does that equate to playing better or that the second leg is a sure banker for us?

If you are having a bad day, then its understandable. Get a some vaseline and go to toilet. Cool off a bit, ok.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by eyonigger(m): 8:25am On Apr 29, 2009
EDDIEBANGA:

CHELSEA FANS HELP ME ASK THIS GOOD FOR NOTHING ASHAWO WHAT THE HELL HE IS DOING HERE ON OUR THEAD. U GUYS HAVE TO PLAY THE GUNNERS TODAY U ARE SUPPOSE TO BE BOTHERED.HERE U ARE CREATING USELESS COMMENT.I DEY VEX FOR U OOOOO.  THOUGH I LIKE MAN UTD,PLS SPARE US THE DETAILS AND FOCUS ON UR GAME TODAY.

Obodo, wetin do u? I be barca boy, ur deluded Ode oshi. creating useless comments? I be wordsmith Shio!!!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by eyonigger(m): 8:29am On Apr 29, 2009
FBS:

@eyeonigger: look, stop shouting. Ok. No need for that. NO be fight.
For the sake of footie, kindly indicate in my post where I categorically said we played better. When you are done, move to the main chelsea thread and see my comments about yesterday match. On both threads you wont find such.

If reading is your problem, I can understand but please you need to take a chill pill.
My statement was: Chelsea defended spiritedly and we could have nicked an away goal. Now, how does that equate to playing better or that the second leg is a sure banker for us?

If you are having a bad day, then its understandable. Get a some vaseline and go to toilet. Cool off a bit, ok.

Do you need to directly state that you guys played well? Saying ur bulose defended spiritedly tells indirectly that they played bad footie, and that's for a supposedly big EPL club,hmmm!!!

As for the rest of your comments, ur throwing polite insult, na u sabi.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by FBS: 8:34am On Apr 29, 2009
eyonigger:

Do you need to directly state that you guys played well? Saying ur bulose defended spiritedly tells indirectly that they played bad footie, and that's for a supposedly big EPL club,hmmm!!!

As for the rest of your comments, ur throwing polite insult, na u sabi.
It was the strategy used by GH and if you read all the reviews and virtually on all websites, you will read the same sentence : Chelsea defended spiritedly but this does not in anyway mean that we played better. You are only assuming and angry that Barca couldn't score. That does not also equate to playing dirty footie. just a strategy my guy. no be fight. May I remind you that no one predicted such a scoreline. All predos were against Chelsea.

Talk of throwing insults: you wrote this or didnt you?
eyonigger:

That does not in anyway sound like a compliment or does it?  grin
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by onelexydo: 8:41am On Apr 29, 2009
hello people u don see wettin my blues play yesterday unpon say we play forward we still get chance if we kon play forward wettin go happen make una wait for stamfordbridge where all of una go see the true blues no shaking blues for life
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Jarus(m): 8:44am On Apr 29, 2009
Well done Chelsea. I didn't give you chance(even though I had always added that anything can happen in football) but you proved me wrong. Skills met strenght, but found it too tough to crack.
Chelsea may pull a surprise in Stamford Bridge.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by olokun(m): 8:53am On Apr 29, 2009
There are still more room for improvement for Chelsea.Preventing Barca from scoring at home for the first time this season was great.But Chelsea would have scored some goals yesterday.

Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by eyonigger(m): 9:14am On Apr 29, 2009
The reason why most predos predicted a win against Chelski was because GH during the press conference said it was going to be an all out attacking footie.

If he had said the opposite which they played yesterday, I still might have predicted a 1-0 win to Barca. Its all good lets wait until next week.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by gasman58: 9:24am On Apr 29, 2009
wetin dey do all this cheski fans self, na wao for una. why can you guys play good football, you pple are killing the game of football. watchout for good football tonite

GUNNERS FOR LIFE JOOOOOOO
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by MrCrackles(m): 9:25am On Apr 29, 2009
Chelsea held thier own!
Both teams were wasteful in front of goal
Itz all down to the second leg now!!
grin
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by onelexydo: 9:33am On Apr 29, 2009
up blues make all of you wait till stamfordbridge
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by tocdee(m): 10:01am On Apr 29, 2009
There's football and then there's that thing Chelsea played yesterday. I'm not a Barca fan but my goodness, Chelsea did a great disservice to football with that awful show!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by khanye(m): 10:06am On Apr 29, 2009
We tried to play our football. All the while, we tried to attack and score a goal, but when the team infront of you do not want to play football, it becomes complicated

What chelsea played was Anti-football!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by khanye(m): 10:07am On Apr 29, 2009
[b]Do you remember this? [/b]cool
[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmCNsLAs3bI&hl=en&fs=1"[/flash]
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Utali(m): 10:20am On Apr 29, 2009
0-0
Hate it or Love it
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by medal: 10:28am On Apr 29, 2009
up berca
It is my turn to shine,with ijaya on the pitch.we are going to massacre chelsea.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by gasman58: 10:46am On Apr 29, 2009
chelsea fans watch good football tonite
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Zero2(m): 10:59am On Apr 29, 2009
Chealse has really done well to have held barca goaless in 95 minutes they are the only side that have done that this season. Barca has scored at least one goal against all team this season except numecia in the first laliga game.

Barca has always amazed me with the way the play football. They play big clubs as if they are playing against clubs in nigeria universities. It was really a bad day for barca because chealse could have receive the worst defeat of their lives.

Barca plays extraordinary footie, they had all the opportunity of win the game. I must confess that there is no other club that plays better footie than barca at the moment. They style of play realy facinate me.

Barca diserves the UCL than any other club this season for they've really play socer the way it meant to be played.

Barca will surely make it through to the final because chealse failed to score against barca at camp nou. Barca will definately score at SB and this will surely take chealse out of the UCL this season.

I must comend chealse for defending well but that is not the way to play football. you might be lucky today what of tommorow. It is said that the best way to defend is to attack. Chealse can still be beaten mercelessly at SB if they play the way the played at camp nou because they where luck not to have concided more than four goals in that encounter.

Chealse please play well because people actually paid the hard earn money to watch you guys. Barca is just too tight for any club this season.

Barca and arsenal will make it to rome. and i see barca ripping the hell out of arsenal. Man u don't even think of playing barca because your's will be worst.

The only english side that could have given barca i little problem is no other side but liverpool. I will continue to say it any day any time.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by khanye(m): 11:07am On Apr 29, 2009
The true legacy of champions?! I think not! Chelsea played football like a league two club playing in an FA cup match desperate for a replay! It was functional, defensive and dull - with so many men behind the ball that it was embarassing to think that this was supposedly one of the big four in the premier league!
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by naso2(m): 11:13am On Apr 29, 2009
Well for those blaming chelsea, no English team can face a team like Barca in an open play  at nou camp and survive. forget ur beautiful football talk. A team like arsenal would have been more entertaining but surely they would have lost by like 4-2 scoreline.

Guus did not come with a completely defensive mindset when the game started. The first task was to contain Barca's attack and launch some good counters. But to do this at least Drogba and Malouda needed to be free where Lampard initiates the move. Unfortunately it was lampards off-day so the coach had to improvise with a purely defensive approach by introducing Belleti. This is what makes a good coach, the ability to adjust your team to still get the result needed.

If your have watched Barca at the CL you will agree that there is substantial difference btw a Barca team at home and when playing away. They are definitely less convincing away. That  is why Barca always wants to finish their opponets off when the play the first leg at home.

We have watched a lot of North African teams come to Nigeria to secure a draw, their play is most times lack lustre but when they go back home for the second leg they become like lions. That is exatly what chelsea will do.

I strongly see Barca losing at the bridge, guus will surprise Barca again. Remember  only Pique will be eligible in the central defense for Barca no puyol and macques
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Dammyray(m): 11:14am On Apr 29, 2009
Chelsea play like mumu even if dem dey find draw na so dem for play am
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by Utali(m): 11:16am On Apr 29, 2009
Why are Arsenal and Man U Scum bags on Chelsea's dick?
I've never been on an Arsenal, Man U etc thread, that they flocking in here must mean something. undecided??

We must have something these scum bags don't,

CHELSEA FC
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by MrCrackles(m): 11:17am On Apr 29, 2009
Utali:

Why are Arsenal and Man U Scum bags on Chelsea's privates?
I've never been on an Arsenal, Man U etc thread, that they flocking in here must mean something. undecided??
CHELSEA FC

Will you shut the fuc.k up!

No one restricted your movement on this forum and you cant question the versatility of other forumites on all other threads!

Wasteman angry
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by FBS: 11:31am On Apr 29, 2009
@na so, I dont know you but you speak a lot of sense.  wink

@eyeonigger, yes GH said Chelsea was going to attack but we ended up defending. Games change, tactics get blown wide open. . . shait, we all saw what happened to Bayern M. I dont want to waste more [i]e-[/i]Ink on this issue, everything was clearly presented by na_so (you may or may not agree, thats up to you).
Its was General Lamps day off, DD wasn't getting enough service (even though he should have blasted the only one he had past Valdez) and for some reason Cech was busy kicking the ball to the opponents on the other side grin

All in all, it wasn't a beautiful game of football (you don't always get that) but please desist from saying Chelsea played dirtie footie. ok?

You already said it. . . all will be revealed very soon. Second leg. Battle of SB Part II.
Re: UCL Semi-final: Barcelona(0) Vs Chelsea(0) On Tuesday 28th April by tocdee(m): 11:37am On Apr 29, 2009
na_so:

Well for those blaming chelsea, no English team can face a team like Barca in an open play  at nou camp and survive. forget ur beautiful football talk.

Sharrap! Football is beautiful when played by decent teams. Did you see Liverpool vs Barca 06/07? Players like Deco, Ronaldinho, Messi,etc were at their prime but Liverpool took the game to them and beat them 2-1 at Nou Camp. That was a beautiful game. Yesterday's and the Utd vs Barca 07/08 matches were utterly forgettable.

Watch too much Chelsea and you won't even recognise good football even if it smacks you in the head! tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs FC Copenhagen UCL (1 - 0) On 24th October 2023 / What Is Your Take On The 2012 Fifpro World XI? / Real Madrid Vs PSG : UCL (1 - 0) On 3rd November 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.