Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens (84605 Views)

Apply For Australian Catholic University Scholarship 2018 / Augustine Ariwodo Ibegbulam Is Dead / Niger Delta University First And Second Batch Admission List For 2015/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Luckymay(f): 5:32am On Oct 18, 2015
I'm a Catholic but this is way too outrageous, they didst even consider the poor part of the congregation. I knw they have to pay workers but there s always a way out in this case, afterall catholic is one of the richest churches in the world.

1 Like

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by afo4real(m): 5:33am On Oct 18, 2015
shu. tufiapa, there is God o
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by BEN1986: 5:38am On Oct 18, 2015
A very funny thing. After spending #5m as compared to another with 500k, you both end up in the same office or interview begging for 50k job. After sch who cares where you schooled,if you like to Uk, Russia or moon. As far as the job is concerned it is what you can offer.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by veraiyke(m): 5:41am On Oct 18, 2015
Most of their members won't even be able to attend the school bcox of the fee charge. Dem go b lyk my church get uni bt there's segregation in it evn doh in preaching d reverends go b lyk we nEed to provide for d poor since govt is only making tins for d rich. That's why I love GOd's Kingdom Society's Charity nursey,primary n secondary school.Warri. Check it out. It lives up to it name n preaching
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by STARGREEN(m): 5:48am On Oct 18, 2015
Op immense thanks for the info. However I think you did more damage than good unless it's your aim to foil the effort. Does it mean that the VC didn't mention quality of programs apart from free browsing that could justify the fee? How about the quality of staff? Courses? training? Moral cum spiritual training? Should we compare income trends in the country... even this highest fee is outrageous but nothing good comes easy except Grace of GOD to Man. I pray they subsidies the fee to meet disposable income of many Nigerians. That will eventually make the good aim to circulate in time than being only to few Nigerians. Nevertheless thank you for we sometimes do not view things from the same direction
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Omotayor123(f): 5:51am On Oct 18, 2015
Simitrendy:

Thank God for Federal University

Acceptance Fee=20,000
Bank Charges = 500

School Fees =76,000
Bank Charges= 500

Accommodation=22,000

I mean for Fresher's oh!

And u will still be given UNILORIN Tab

Even sef SUG go give u school bag

Even dem go give u flash drive

When you are in Part 2,3,4 u will go back to 30K

U will def spend that #730,000 For your undergraduate degree in a Federal University. grin

Tho Private Universities are good to some extent wink

But I thank God for d Federal Uni I dey grin

Still expensive..... Go to Uniben cool
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by kuzee(m): 5:53am On Oct 18, 2015
i will rather study in cyprus than study at this nonsense school..
God punish una

Get your Casio asio Edifice difice, Diesel and Armani at an affordable price,visit link at signature
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Nobody: 6:05am On Oct 18, 2015
Tushborn:
ina sonki fah

shocked shocked
Na gode, yar uwa na. embarassed smiley
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 18, 2015
sage2:

Kwana biyu fa, mama na. Na tsara maki hanu a wanan hoton na ki. Kin hadu. In da son samu, da zan so mu gana a whatsapp. Ko yaya ki ka gani ne?

My Oga!! In na gesuwa! Yaa ake yi?
Ba ni da whatsapp a waya na fa. embarassed embarassed
Sannu fa.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Adex097: 6:13am On Oct 18, 2015
I'm so sad right now...Uniben just increased our school fee. From #12,000.00 to #12,400.00 cry
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Nobody: 6:14am On Oct 18, 2015
I want to laugh at Nigerians.

N730000 is too much..because they want awoof things.

Let me tell you something....the truth of the matter is that the reason why you pay less than N50000 in federal universities is because they get funded by Government.

Private Universites on the other hand do not have that kind of funding.Meanwhile, they have to pay lecturers and staff, they have to provide facilites, they have to provide housing for staff, and they have to pay for research, and so on. Guess what....they have to do it from the fees.

And a university lecturer in Nigeria earns N400000 and above.

Tell me.....where is Augustine University going to find the money? From the skies?

Why can't you Nigerians face reality? Those federal universities you think are cheap are also bad because they are poorly funded. They cannot afford good facilties, good classrooms, and such because they cannot do much on N40000 fees. Meanwhile....the government funding is set to fall.

Nigerians....better face reality. Stop this awoof mentality. We may get better with time if you do.

4 Likes

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Frankiss44(m): 6:14am On Oct 18, 2015
Eco2580:
Aint surprise because to fuel & service private jet is not easy o

The Catholic Church doesn't have even one private jet... The Pope himself flies on a commercial plane..
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Teymanhenry(f): 6:14am On Oct 18, 2015
bunch of stupid people trying to spoil the name of God and His church.. How can a church put on a school fee of about #700,000 haba....it means our corrupt federal government are more considerate than that church..., fake asses
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Ignyte(m): 6:18am On Oct 18, 2015
N730,000 is too much if Living Faith owned the school but as na Catholic chuch, No problem.

Before The Wailing Winners come for me
We know how the money for our church dey circulate, so we no get cause to dey point fingers
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Ignyte(m): 6:19am On Oct 18, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Let me tell you something....the truth of the matter is that the reason why you pay less than N50000 in federal universities is because they get funded by Government.

Private Universites on the other hand do not have that kind of funding.Meanwhile, they have to pay lecturers and staff, they have to provide facilites, they have to provide housing for staff, and they have to pay for research, and so on. Guess what....they have to do it from the fees.

Tell me.....where is Augustine University going to find the money? From the skies?

Why can't you Nigerians face reality? Those federal universities you think are cheap are also bad because they are poorly funded. They cannot afford good facilties, good classrooms, and such because they cannot do much on N40000 fees. Meanwhile....the government funding is set to fall.

Nigerians....better face reality. Stop this awoof mentality. We may get better with time if you do.

God Bless This Uncle For Me
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by esshman(m): 6:20am On Oct 18, 2015
I'm proud to say I was the Civil Engineer who supervised the construction of the Faculty of Science of the school back in 2010.

3 Likes

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 18, 2015
Teymanhenry:
bunch of stupid people trying to spoil the name of God and His church.. How can a church put on a school fee of about #700,000 haba....it means our corrupt federal government are more considerate than that church..., fake asses

Tell me,

1.How much should a Private University in Nigeria charge as school fees.?

2.Assuming they have 6000 students, and fees are N20000 per student per year, how will they pay lecturers, non academic staff, etc, and how would they fund research projects, etc ,build hostels, labs , provide water, and electricity, etcfrom a budget of just N120million naira per year?

University is not like secondary school.

(I am not Catholic btw).

1 Like

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Remii(m): 6:24am On Oct 18, 2015
Teymanhenry:
fyi, most ivy league universities in the US including Harvard belong to Catholic somehow and not cheap, tertiary education cant be cheap and make sense in capitalism.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by omosefeeguaibor(f): 6:24am On Oct 18, 2015
No wonder the popular proverb that says as Poor as church rats does not thrive anymore, suffice to say that churches today is one of the richest institution in the society, and they keep getting richer
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by anonimi: 6:28am On Oct 18, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I thought CHURCH universities are also funded by tithes & offerings by ALL members the way government universities are funded by TAXES that we all pay directly or indirectly, not so

What % of government grants do YOU think is stolen by university WORKERS & lecturers in diverse ways?

I expect these universities- government & private- to have scholarships for indigent students based on dedicated funds from SMALL and big contributions of their ALUMNI who appreciate the impact of the education received from such schools on their own success. Abi nor be wetin our EQUALLY intelligent oyinbos dey do such that they are ahead

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 18, 2015
Remii:
fyi, most ivy league universities in the US including Harvard belong to Catholic somehow and not cheap, tertiary education cant be cheap and make sense in capitalism.

Harvard is not a Catholic school, as are most Ivy league schools, but Notre Dame is an example of an Ivy League and Catholic school.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by nwadiuko1(m): 6:29am On Oct 18, 2015
Fearcom:
Quality tertiary education doesn't come cheap.

If you want to go to Harvard/Yale/Princeton, be prepared to pay N25million(minimum)in school fees

Overseas, especially in the United States, Running a university is a MULTI BILLION DOLLAR affair.
25million for everything or just tuition?
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 18, 2015
anonimi:

I thought CHURCH universities are also funded by tithes & offerings by ALL members the way government universities are funded by TAXES that we all pay directly or indirectly, not so

(Disclaimer....I am not catholic).

Yes....and the same churches too also fund primary schools, secondary schools, welfare projects, other tertiary schools, and so on.

Unless the tithes should all go into funding the University.....which is impossible.

It costs $100m-$250m to adequately fund a university abroad.I doubt the catholic Church in Nigeria reaps that amount in tithes

What % of government grants do YOU think is stolen by university WORKERS & lecturers in diverse ways?

That's another topic.....

I expect these universities- government & private- to have scholarships for indigent students based on dedicated funds from SMALL and big contributions of their ALUMNI who appreciate the impact of the education received from such schools on their own success. Abi nor be wetin our EQUALLY intelligent oyinbos dey do such that they are ahead

I have mentioned elsewhere that eventually we may have to provide free grants/loans to students to afford education.

I refer you to this article....here http://omojuwa.com/2012/12/proposal-for-tertiary-education-in-nigeria-by-amasonic-opesays/

1 Like

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by anonimi: 6:36am On Oct 18, 2015
omosefeeguaibor:
No wonder the popular proverb that says as Poor as church rats does not thrive anymore, suffice to say that churches today is one of the richest institution in the society, and they keep getting richer

The churches in Europe were one of the richest institutions some centuries ago and still remain very rich. Many churches in Europe TODAY are divesting as fewer people remain hooked to the MISINFORMATION they peddle in the name of Christ [Prophet Isa to the Muslims]
Vast expanse of church land was seized and redistributed as part of the French revolution. Please read to be ENLIGHTENED.

Nor be today wey organised religion- Islam, Christianity & African- start to dey SCAM people. undecided

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/ngpqy14me9hk5qty8uc53ap8iowc4elq1111115[/img]
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by nightmile: 6:43am On Oct 18, 2015
domopps:
Op did you just say N730 or what? I tot these are the people preaching against Oyedepo and the likes that Covenant and Landmark University are built with ppl's tithe and offering respectively even suggested that the schls shld run on FOC!

Now unveiling the almighty Augustine university that the highest fee will be N730k

Hypocrite set of ppl as if they don't pay lecturers and board of mgt in Covenant and Landmark university Salary! And my guess is Augustine University was actually built with IMF LOAN! Jokers

Cheeeeers

Yet , covenant university fees excludes the cost of 24 hrs electricity provided. I can bet with anything that Augustine university fees would be increased again very soon . It's always easy to criticize footballers outside the pitch, when you enter the pitch to play that's when you know the koko.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by ekolina(m): 6:44am On Oct 18, 2015
Catholic secondary schools in Lagos pay nothing less than 300k per term. So this is no big deal. Madona , caritas are all catholic schools.

1 Like

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Hakeem3(m): 6:44am On Oct 18, 2015
These church owners ain't even ashamed.! They are supose to set examples for others to follow . But the reverse is the case..! God is watching them in 4d glasses !!
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by peterjero(m): 6:45am On Oct 18, 2015
faitheverest:
how much be harvard university money abi school fees?
hmmmm
In harvard you pay up to 56,000 dollars if you convert to naira using bank rate of 199, it will give you 11,144,000 naira. However you look at it, education in nigeria is very cheap that's why we are all half baked.

2 Likes

Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by Skymiyke(f): 6:49am On Oct 18, 2015
Simitrendy:

Thank God for Federal University

Acceptance Fee=20,000
Bank Charges = 500

School Fees =76,000
Bank Charges= 500

Accommodation=22,000

I mean for Fresher's oh!

And u will still be given UNILORIN Tab

Even sef SUG go give u school bag

Even dem go give u flash drive

When you are in Part 2,3,4 u will go back to 30K

U will def spend that #730,000 For your undergraduate degree in a Federal University. grin

Tho Private Universities are good to some extent wink

But I thank God for d Federal Uni I dey grin

In my own federal Uni,skul fees is-16750,accommodation-7090,100lvl I paid just 35k as a fresher!Dame,all dis private uni are sure exploiting us!Lord have mercy
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by anonimi: 6:50am On Oct 18, 2015
bushdoc9919:

(Disclaimer....I am not catholic).

No need to be defensive. My comment was about churches generally and organised religious groups exponentially.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by peterjero(m): 6:50am On Oct 18, 2015
Cost Attendance2015-20162014-2015$45,278$43,938Tuition and Fees$15,381$14,669Room and BoardSubtotal - billed costs$60,659$58,607$3,741$3,643Estimated personal expenses (including $800-$1,200 for books)$0 - $5,200$0 - $5,800Estimated travel costsTotal billed and unbilled costs$64,400 - $69,600$62,250 - $68,050* In addition, health insurance is required at a cost of $2,390 (for 2015-16) unless you are covered underyour family’s health plan.
Re: Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens by nightmile: 6:51am On Oct 18, 2015
Sonbuking:
Its no longer time when the church is the provider n protector of the poor. It is awful. Materilalism has enveloped the church. Lord have mercyundecided

Wrong perception , let's all face reality , how do you raise money to pay the academic staff, non-academic staff, maintenance dept, visiting professors etc. You also want the best staff which also come with a special cost.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

List Of Richest Students In University Of Lagos / Aerial And Ground Pictures Of The University Of Ghana / Female Student Performs Mouth Action On Her Classmate In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.