Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,012 members, 7,810,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening (54900 Views)

@AdeyanjuDeji And @Omojuwa Settle Differences -@mrfixnigeria / Rivers Re-run Polls Split Senators Over Amaechi - Vanguard / Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by abduljabbar4(m): 5:04pm On Oct 22, 2015
bettercreature:
You are going to commit suicide as well,48.499 to go
Na APC supporter. I guess he was just being sarcastic
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Acidosis(m): 5:08pm On Oct 22, 2015
MizMyColi:

I clearly missed the part where Akpabio said "because of Amaechi's corruption charges which indicted him, and for which he has not been cleared, they find him not qualified for screening, therefore they will not ask him any question"

Is that true?
Did Akpabio really say that?
If he did, then I'm not disappointed anymore.

I heard that clearly! In fact, I gave PDP a standing ovation when that statement was made.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
simplycarro:
People are forgetting that the present political environment is completely strange to PDP, they are still learning the rope of opposition politics.
They were only relevant when Saraki needed them to fight a personal political battle.
We should stop giving these guys too much false self of importance, if APC Senators decide to behave as one the way PDP Senators does, it will be completely over for PDP as a party because they will be completely muscled out

There's essentially no difference between the APC and the PDP.
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by barcaboi(m): 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
kaycid77:

Not asking Amaechi question is the best tactics for PDP, its only a fool that sees otherwise.... Buhari wants him to be cleared by all means so lets see how Mr Duara will fight corruption, If they have asked Amaechi question just like Fashola he would have dribble them and clear himself.
dat 1 na story....so Fashola and Ameachi are wiser than 49 PDP senators ...interesting. .....bros APC asked all d difficult questions so what else
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by blackboy(m): 5:26pm On Oct 22, 2015
What was the point in them playing along the sham or sharade called screening especially the mere fact he was before them showed that it was a done deal.

I think they were wise and decided not to make a further fool of themselves.

Wise move I must say.

APC!!! sCam ooh I mean CHANGE!!!
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by xklucvG: 5:27pm On Oct 22, 2015
To me he should quit politics. The name PDP is not what makes the party a bad omen but the politicians. We still have his likes in APC.
Political criminals looking for a safe heaven.
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by L0410499(m): 5:30pm On Oct 22, 2015
bettercreature:
You are going to commit suicide as well,48.499 to go
PDP senators are afraid of EFCC so dem no fit talk for Amaechi matter.
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by mandhi(m): 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
kaycid77:

Not asking Amaechi question is the best tactics for PDP, its only a fool that sees otherwise.... Buhari wants him to be cleared by all means so lets see how Mr Duara will fight corruption, If they have asked Amaechi question just like Fashola he would have dribble them and clear himself.
It was a stupid move on their side. Cos this present an opportunity to show PMB, he is corrupt. But since they have no evidence to prove that hence the silence. This is what they just proved to Nigerians.
GOD Bless Nigeria And everyplace else.
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by ExInferis(m): 5:45pm On Oct 22, 2015
ZYZZA:
just stay off my mention .

Make me.
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by philips70(m): 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2015
hinwazaka:

Give one example of GEJ bribing senators. Don't talk like a Mushin tout. This forum is for people who have an IQ.

Eyaah, I can see frustration in your comments so far. I told you guys before now but you were jumping about like a dog over a dangled bone. I pity you people, I am seeing a lot of gloom and wailing in Portharcourt today. Elemies of plogless.

1 Like

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Segunjosegs(m): 6:01pm On Oct 22, 2015
laffing rolling on the floor hmmmmm u for like ask question make efcc or icpc follow u up the next day toothless lions
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by billyG(m): 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Apparently irked by the action of the PDP senators in their decision not to ask Amaechi question, the controversial twitter warlord cum PDP vocal supporter today called it a day with the opposition Party! grin

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrFixNigeria/status/657172928929382400
One PDP wailers has turn his umbrella "more 2 throw in da towels.
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Sweetlemon(f): 6:12pm On Oct 22, 2015
CFCfan:
Congrats to Amaechi; but the screening process has to be overhauled.
Firstly, the presidency should attach portfolios to the nominees in order for Senators to ask much more relevant questions with regards to the expertise of the nominee in that area.

Secondly, the screening should be done by relevant Senate committees, with the committees having the power to recommend a general Senate vote on the nominee; or to reject the nominee.

True. I agree
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by philips70(m): 6:12pm On Oct 22, 2015
Acidosis:

I heard that clearly! In fact, I gave PDP a standing ovation when that statement was made.

Akpabio now has corruption charges dangling on his head. I think in this same fashion he ought to resign from the senate to face them squarely. Or is he also qualified to be in the senate when being accused of corruption?

That Amaechi or Akpabio are being accused of corruption do not make them corrupt until a court of competent jurisdiction convict them of such allegations. The PDP senators were just playing a written script written by Secondus and Wike which cast a lot of aspersions on the motive behind the whole petition and the probe itself. The chairman of the ethics committee is a PDP man and he must have cleared Amaechi for screening before being called into the chambers. The DSP is a PDP man and was involved in the decision for him to appear before the senate. So what are we talking about? Akpabio and co were only pained the hurdles they wanted to put in Amaechi's way has been rendered useless by a unified APC house caucus. They earlier thought the division in APC because of Saraki will aid them to have their way but I have always maintained that will never happen. PDP should just go and lick their wounds as it is very glaring Saraki has just been using them to keep his seat. It's now very obvious he will never allow them have their way when it concerns his party against them. It's high time they let him face his music squarely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Ernestonka: 6:14pm On Oct 22, 2015
The current National Assembly has proved beyond reasonable doubt that they will make or mar PMB's administration. What do we expect from a crop of former Governors who finished the treasuries of their respective states and killed Local Govt administration. Am not sure there is any of the former Governors, now Senators that is transparently honest. For mentioning Amaechi in a number of uncleared corruption petitions yet the Senators "bowed" to him, is a capital MINUS to the genuineness of this Govt's anti-corruption and change posture. It is a replication of the impunity we are trying to run from. Ndume linked to BH sometime, Senate President standing trial, Akpabio as fresh Senator not qualified to be Minority leader. The demonised cabal that grounded GEJ Govt is still holding us to ransome. I hope in the end PDP will not have any cause to tell APC "We dey laugh o".Nigeria we hail thee!
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by billyG(m): 6:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:
its for your own good, some of the people you see on nairaland arguing politics are paid to do so, eg ngeneukwenu, if you join them you are on your own, if you see them sleep and wake up on nairaland, you think they are just doing it, hahaha they are receiving salaries ooooo, better get busy with your career
some pple enjoy political augument 4 fun too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by badesco(m): 6:26pm On Oct 22, 2015
who cares? that is your own cup of tea.
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2015
jaybee3:

Was it directed at you or why the need to feel irked?

It was a true representation of my feelings on the show of shame displayed by the PDP senators who were obviously supposed to rise above all distractions and in turn perform their duties diligently.

Values and ideologies espoused by a man that has consistently claimed he was clueless about majority of the things that happened whilst he was captaining the ship?

why would any sane human being want to idolize a self proclaimed failure?

Anyhoo... Stay blessed

Ciao!

Bros you nailed it.

People just keep trying to make us see Jonathan as a hero. But believe he could be whatever they think and i have no problem abt that.

THE FACT REMAINS HE IS A FAILURE WITH RESPECT TO LEADERSHIP AND GOVERNANCE. HE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN PRESIDENT. I BLAME OBASANJO THO
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by DeeOneBangin: 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2015
demelza:
But this guy should understand the senators na!
Asking him difficult questions would have led to Amaechi opening pandora's box on their head. Amaechi is a problem child, so they just allowed him carry his wahala away.
PDP has enough on their plate already to start adding Amaechi's own to the mix

In other news, otapiapia and rope for sale at discounted prices.

On point!!! Exactly what happened!!!
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Eziachi: 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
Acidosis:

I dey laugh. No such thing was said.
Akpabio that gave Amaechi a strong friendly handshake and banter when he was leaving?
When will you guys learn? These guys are friends.

2 Likes

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by anonimi: 8:29pm On Oct 22, 2015
modath:
You can rise above provocation, i know it's hard, very hard, but it's doable..

I don't reply 75% of mentions cos i can't be bothered trying to explain myself to people who are have notions & are intent on questioning you for yours, your POV , your allegiance bothers them while they have theirs.

Don't question my choice, I'll leave you to yours..

I haven't read all but the first few paragraphs, i saw that they broke into factions that ended in court before you could say Jack Robinson & had their seats reduced by 27; from 30-3 from 2009-2014 !!! angry undecided

95% of black people just don't want to be great.

A vast majority don't have the psyche that will ensure greatness ...it's all about ME, ME, ME & then my family.. ewwww.. undecided

How are they going to go about solidifying their stand & match up to ANC when they couldn't even sacrifice their ambitions & let go for one another for progress sake

Mark today's date, in exactly one year, you will see what will be left of the PDP & not cos i dislike the party ( i do, I've lived in FCT since the birth & I've seen what they did to Nigeria's commonwealth) but our people can't survive in opposition..

We don't understand commitment, sacrifice, prudence, nurturing, honour & dignity in labour but are only interested in the NOW & what we can grab for ourselves.

What stops "Mr Boeing Space"from doing a PSA for the PDP youths, calling their elders out, chastising them & taking them to task instead of walking away??...

If PDP were his child who started throwing tantrum in the store, would he leave the child there, go home & disown his "blood"?... loyalty is dead!!!

The same things you accuse black people of is what you MAY be guilty of- absence of "commitment, sacrifice, prudence, honour & dignity in labour" - with regards to ensuring there is a viable opposition at the federal level so that our country does not slip into a one party state as a prelude to dictatorship, don't you think

Meanwhile you may wish to note that the PDP you dislike is what has CHANGEd into born-to-gain progreTHIEVES of APCheat.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

Guyman02:
Credit: Olofin O Emmanuel:

Can a Leopard change it spots? CHANGE 2015, CHANGE, CHANGE?

APC Lists of Gubernatorial Candidates for the 2015 Elections:

1] KWARA: AbdulFatah Hamed (former PDP)
2] KEBBI: Abubakar Atiku Bagudu (former PDP)
3] KATSINA: Aminu Bello Masari (former PDP)
4] KANO: Umar Abdullahi Ganduje (former PDP)
5] KADUNA: Malam Nasir El-rufa'i (former PDP)
6] JIGAWA: Alh. Abubakar Badaru (former PDP)
7] BAUCHI: Barr. Muhammad Abubakar (former PDP)
8] GOMBE: Alh. Inuwa Yahya (former PDP)
9] NIGER: Abubakar Bello Sani (former PDP)
10] ADAMAWA: Umar Jibrilla Bindow (former PDP)
11] PLATEAU: Mr Simon Lalong (former PDP)
12] BENUE: Dr Samuel Ortom (former PDP)
13] TARABA: Aisha Jummai Alhassan (former PDP)
14] RIVERS: Dakuku Peterside (former PDP)
15] IMO: Rochas Okorocha (former PDP)
16] ENUGU: Okey Ezea (former PDP)
17] ABIA: Dr Nyerere Anyim (former PDP)
18] EBONYI: Dr Steve Egbo (former PDP).
19) Sokoto: Aminu Tambuwal. (Former PDP)

Who is now talking about CHANGE? Who is Changing who?
Is it these PDP rejected,Black sheep and Bad eggs that are calling for CHANGE?

NIGERIANS MUST SHINE THEIR EYES AND NOT BE DECEIVED BY CHANGE CROONERS.

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by DeeOneBangin: 8:31pm On Oct 22, 2015
CFCfan:
Congrats to Amaechi; but the screening process has to be overhauled.
Firstly, the presidency should attach portfolios to the nominees in order for Senators to ask much more relevant questions with regards to the expertise of the nominee in that area.

Seconded
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by marv1: 8:37pm On Oct 22, 2015
7lives:

3 gbosa for you, what most people don't know is that Amaechi can not be so bold to face these people if he is not so sure of himself.
And he will be ready to do what he did to mama piss and oga jona to these pdp senators so the pdp senators simply avoid another yawa.
In addition they were all in pdp b4 now. Whoever that is not corrupt in pdp let him cast the first stone on him. They know what amaechi is capable of doing even Gov wike know say level pass level now. He can not even talk against amaechi publicly like b4. Not like b4 when he was using fed might to terrorise rivers state during GEJ govt. Positions have been swapped by the duo now. Lets enjoy the game....
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by modath(f): 9:08pm On Oct 22, 2015
anonimi:

You don't get it & will never get it, what sets them Apart is PMB, minus PMB, they are both sides of a coin, the APC leaders knew this, that was why they ensured PMB came out victorious in the primary...

I have been a PMB supporter for ages & only are sympathetic to whatever party he is affiliated to.. All the PDP defectors are appreciated for helping PMB get to that position... But they don't hold sway over my emotions..

Even if they are the same, we had a change in nomenclature,which is a plus for democracy, until so many parties came together PDP killed all opposition parties, that at each presidential election, it's a differnet major opposition party..

Like the 2003 AD annihilation happened behind us. undecided, you are now talking muzzling opposition, very funny! Eating your cake & still trying to keep it in your pocket...

Your allegiance is your choice, my political stand is mine & mine only, .....

If you have a PDP member that you are loyal to & feel the need to defend & support, don't rubbish others for their differing view!!

@ Agaba123, must PDP perpetuate themselves in power forever ?? smiley
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by joseph1832(m): 9:24pm On Oct 22, 2015
jaybee3:

Was it directed at you or why the need to feel irked?

It was a true representation of my feelings on the show of shame displayed by the PDP senators who were obviously supposed to rise above all distractions and in turn perform their duties diligently.

Values and ideologies espoused by a man that has consistently claimed he was clueless about majority of the things that happened whilst he was captaining the ship?

why would any sane human being want to idolize a self proclaimed failure?

Anyhoo... Stay blessed

Ciao!
Brother, you fail to know that mizmycoli has been raped by hate, tribalism, nepotism and religious sentiment. And rape causes trauma and trauma tends to linger that's why you see her and her comrades exhibiting such show of nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by bashydemy(m): 11:06pm On Oct 22, 2015
Hahahah one down, Pa Chukwudi, Barcanister, Modath, Firefire, Anonimi etc shey una dey see sha....
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Sappyman(m): 9:22am On Oct 23, 2015
Who is still taking about PDP. That party is long buried. I read that Ameachi shook hands with Akpabio, for goodness sake, the were both Governors and colleagues before. So he shouldn't have even greet Akpabio.
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by abokikhalifa: 12:36am On Oct 24, 2015
kaycid77:

oga you no get point. pdp members nd leaders, senseless since 1869 grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army Lieutenant, Other Senior Officers Batter, Flog Junior Female Soldier (pics) / Exam Officers Disagree With ABU VC: Dino Melaye Didn't Fulfill Requirements - SR / "My Other Half" - Excited Zahra Buhari Gushes Over Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.