Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,741 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening (54915 Views)

@AdeyanjuDeji And @Omojuwa Settle Differences -@mrfixnigeria / Rivers Re-run Polls Split Senators Over Amaechi - Vanguard / Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 22, 2015
Congrats to Amaechi; but the screening process has to be overhauled.
Firstly, the presidency should attach portfolios to the nominees in order for Senators to ask much more relevant questions with regards to the expertise of the nominee in that area.

Secondly, the screening should be done by relevant Senate committees, with the committees having the power to recommend a general Senate vote on the nominee; or to reject the nominee.

1 Like

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by nobeku: 4:17pm On Oct 22, 2015
kaycid77:

Not asking Amaechi question is the best tactics for PDP, its only a fool that sees otherwise.... Buhari wants him to be cleared by all means so lets see how Mr Duara will fight corruption, If they have asked Amaechi question just like Fashola he would have dribble them and clear himself.
Buhari's 5months in office is 25times better than 16years of PDP.. You will have to wait for another 42 and a half months.. Or you do the needful.. Strangle yourself!!!!!!!
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Adminisher: 4:17pm On Oct 22, 2015
all4gud:

You are a wise person. People don't understand why PDP senators didn't ask Amaechi question,even the twitter noise maker.

Why did they not ask him questions?. They never had the power to block his nomination. Young PDP supporters should get out of the stupidity business . The manipulation of their sentiments is getting too much and the whole hue and cry about Amechi has only increased his National profile. You cannot avenge your way out of the defeat of the 2015 elections. The only way to fight this is the positive waymarked Where ever PDP is in power let them govern well and turn them into islands of paradise. Then Nigerians might say maybe we should have given PDP another chance and maybe Jonathan was not do bad. Aside from that , nothing will work . Biafra is a non starter . The currents are flowing against Tribalism and Micro Nationalism. Be internally critical within your own.party. Call a spade a spade. Let corrupt politicians burn then the PDP can arise with credible people not the jokers currently running it.

5 Likes

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by donphilopus: 4:18pm On Oct 22, 2015
babafirst:
People like Chukwudi and Barcanista are like those Japanese soldiers that kept fighting 10 years after the 2nd World War ended hoping the Emperor will communicate the capitulation of Japan to them directly . Tonye and Chukwudi are waiting for Emperor GEJ to communicate the capitulation of PDP in the last election to them ,until then it is guerrilla warfare on the Island of Vanity.

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin. Epic!!

5 Likes

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by idros4real: 4:18pm On Oct 22, 2015
Seriously, PDP senators fell my hand today because we don't have light but I found a way to watch it on a ITEL phone due to the treat of PDP senators and the agitation it had generate but I was disappointed. They were just looking like [/b]LUKMAN[b].
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Yomboy4ever(m): 4:18pm On Oct 22, 2015
Demdem2:
No sensible person is expected to remain there actually.
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 22, 2015
Firstly, the presidency should attach portfolios to the nominees in order for Senators to ask much more relevant questions with regards to the expertise of the nominee in that area.

Secondly, the screening should be done by relevant Senate committees, with the committees having the power to recommend a general Senate vote on the nominee; or to reject the nominee.
And electronic voting should be used to decide whether a nominee should be confirmed or otherwise. The voice-vote practice is inherently fraudulent and unreliable. The 'nays' could be more in number but not as loud as the 'ayes'.

1 Like

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by MizMyColi(f): 4:20pm On Oct 22, 2015
jaybee3:

They idiotically made it personal whilst conveniently forgetting those they are meant to be representing

I blame the electorates that blindly support and hero worship them

I wouldn't use particularly use the word "idiotically" in a civil conversation...
In a way, they did well.
But all in all, it was a tactical mistake.
Except of course, things have gone down behind the scenes.

Majority of the electorate who support the PDP do so because of the values and ideologies espoused by one man.
He is currently doing them proud in Tanzania.

1 Like

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by simplycarro: 4:20pm On Oct 22, 2015
CFCfan:

And electronic voting should be used to decide whether a nominee should be confirmed or otherwise. The voice-vote practice is inherently fraudulent and unreliable. The 'nays' could be more in number but not as loud as the 'ayes'.

Very wise suggestions.

1 Like

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Bellfun(m): 4:20pm On Oct 22, 2015
bettercreature:
Nice one! many PDP members will commit suicide before weekend
1 down 48.500 to go

Chai...guy u wicked o!!!
Na only 48,500 dem pdp members remain?..lol
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 22, 2015
visit www.blissblaze.com for latest updates you can trust always. Don't dull today. Also learn how to make money without stress with a simple referral program. Also join as a konga affiliate today.
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 22, 2015
Demdem2:

The big question we keep asking is why has wike has promised after receiving omereji report not started prosecution against Amaechi whom he claimed he has enormous evidence against. Why the delay? He has the time to sponsor numerous petitions upon petitions but can't exercise his powers and instruct his AG to commence prosecution. [b]Only gullible fools will fall for their shenanigans.
[/b]

Sine qua non bro.
That report is going to rot in government house archives and cockroaches will feast on it without remorse.
Nobody is going to act further on that report.
If these wailing Wailers think they can attach corruption to Amaechi without adequate proof other than that scam of a kangaroo panel, then they are brainless m0rons at best

1 Like

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by wiseoneking: 4:25pm On Oct 22, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
One Wailing Spanner Falls inside River Niger... cheesy grin
but to me, my little respect for buhari in terms of fighting corruption completely died today. Bold enough to welcome corrupt politicians just for COMPENSATION OF USING STOLEN STATE MONEY TO FUND HIS CAMPAIGN.
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by jaybee3(m): 4:26pm On Oct 22, 2015
MizMyColi:

I wouldn't use particularly use the word "idiotically" in a civil conversation...
In a way, they did well.
But all in all, it was a tactical mistake.
Except of course, things have gone down behind the scenes.

Majority of the electorate who support the PDP do so because of the values and ideologies espoused by one man.
He is currently doing them proud in Tanzania.

Was it directed at you or why the need to feel irked?

It was a true representation of my feelings on the show of shame displayed by the PDP senators who were obviously supposed to rise above all distractions and in turn perform their duties diligently.

Values and ideologies espoused by a man that has consistently claimed he was clueless about majority of the things that happened whilst he was captaining the ship?

why would any sane human being want to idolize a self proclaimed failure?

Anyhoo... Stay blessed

Ciao!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by modath(f): 4:26pm On Oct 22, 2015
anonimi:

Firstly, you nay have noticed (or not) that I rarely go uncivil when not provoked. wink

You may wish to read up on the story of the party that broke away from ANC by mainly Mbeki supporters after he lost out to Jacob Zuma. I have provided a link for you to START.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congress_of_the_People_(South_African_political_party)

Politics is a lot about name recognition and very difficult to break down existing structures/affiliations with a brand new outfit.

You can rise above provocation, i know it's hard, very hard, but it's doable..

I don't reply 75% of mentions cos i can't be bothered trying to explain myself to people who are have notions & are intent on questioning you for yours, your POV , your allegiance bothers them while they have theirs.

Don't question my choice, I'll leave you to yours..

I haven't read all but the first few paragraphs, i saw that they broke into factions that ended in court before you could say Jack Robinson & had their seats reduced by 27; from 30-3 from 2009-2014 !!! angry undecided

95% of black people just don't want to be great.

A vast majority don't have the psyche that will ensure greatness ...it's all about ME, ME, ME & then my family.. ewwww.. undecided

How are they going to go about solidifying their stand & match up to ANC when they couldn't even sacrifice their ambitions & let go for one another for progress sake

Mark today's date, in exactly one year, you will see what will be left of the PDP & not cos i dislike the party ( i do, I've lived in FCT since the birth & I've seen what they did to Nigeria's commonwealth) but our people can't survive in opposition..

We don't understand commitment, sacrifice, prudence, nurturing, honour & dignity in labour but are only interested in the NOW & what we can grab for ourselves.

What stops "Mr Boeing Space"from doing a PSA for the PDP youths, calling their elders out, chastising them & taking them to task instead of walking away??...

If PDP were his child who started throwing tantrum in the store, would he leave the child there, go home & disown his "blood"?... loyalty is dead!!!

1 Like

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by babafirst(m): 4:27pm On Oct 22, 2015
donphilopus:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin. Epic!!
Thanks but very true nau.

1 Like

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by nobeku: 4:29pm On Oct 22, 2015
hinwazaka:

Are you an illiterate. Didn't you read his post. He did not say that Amaechi will not be confirmed. APC and illiteracy, are one and the same.
I have 160 feet long, 16mm thick jute rope for the taking.. What quantity do you want? Atleast you won't have to buy rope to hang yourself..I also can instruct my gateman to help you with his powdered Otapiapia.. Do you care?

1 Like

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by MizMyColi(f): 4:29pm On Oct 22, 2015
jaybee3:

It was a true representation of my feelings on the show of shame displayed by the PDP senators who were obviously supposed to rise above all distractions and in turn perform their duties diligently.

Values and ideologies espoused by a man that has consistently claimed he was clueless about majority of the things that happened whilst he was captaining the ship?

why would any sane human being want to idolize a self acclaimed failure?

Anyhoo... Stay blessed

Ciao!

Your opinion, your prerogative.

Peace.
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by ZYZZA: 4:30pm On Oct 22, 2015
ExInferis:

I'm not familiar with this zombie.
Must be a new infection.
just stay off my mention .
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by ZYZZA: 4:31pm On Oct 22, 2015
ExInferis:

I'm not familiar with this zombie.
Must be a new infection.
just stay off my mention .
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by father042: 4:31pm On Oct 22, 2015
Why the celebration? Ameachi had a vice-presidential ambition and he was made an ordinary minister.
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by williamsfreakers(m): 4:40pm On Oct 22, 2015
Am not an advocate of any party but I don't see y people need 2 throw yabs at pdp senators n pdp supporters because pdp senators decided not 2 ask questions. if ure following d screening u would recall dat on tuesday d senate had 2 suspend activities because of a meeting 2 b held by pdp senators and amechi issue was also a bone of contention.. if u also follow d telecast, it was said dat d pdp senators where urged 2 allow peace 2 reign during amechi's screening, which we saw in dem keeping silent.
I think if dey had asked questions, political issues will arise n we wouldn't see a peaceful screening
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Omeny: 4:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
Let them all go to hell! They will all return singing the same song back! It might be too late then! Shameless politicians!
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by gbemi514: 4:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
demelza:
But this guy should understand the senators na!
Asking him difficult questions would have led to Amaechi opening pandora's box on their head. Amaechi is a problem child, so they just allowed him carry his wahala away.
PDP has enough on their plate already to start adding Amaechi's own to the mix

In other news, otapiapia and rope for sale at discounted prices.
Guy u wise........I believe u wud b a politician wt dis wise thinking
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2015
CFCfan:

Unfortunately, pending a constitutional review, it's going to be this way for some time to come but I agree with your summation.
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Awaja(m): 4:45pm On Oct 22, 2015
More dumpings on the way!
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
wiseoneking:
but to me, my little respect for buhari in terms of fighting corruption completely died today. Bold enough to welcome corrupt politicians just for COMPENSATION OF USING STOLEN STATE MONEY TO FUND HIS CAMPAIGN.
Stop hiding under caveats and display your true position.
As it stands today no competent court of jurisdiction has declared Amaechi corrupt.Try buying some sense before talking in public.
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by profmallory(m): 4:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
Guy you wicked o, are you trying to say something to the PDP supporters that might be considering a way out of this wicked world

demelza:
But this guy should understand the senators na!
Asking him difficult questions would have led to Amaechi opening pandora's box on their head. Amaechi is a problem child, so they just allowed him carry his wahala away.
PDP has enough on their plate already to start adding Amaechi's own to the mix

In other news, otapiapia and rope for sale at discounted prices.
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by FatIjeomaOkolie: 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2015
jaybee3:

why would any sane human being want to idolize a self proclaimed failure?

Anyhoo... Stay blessed

Ciao!

Well said.

5 Likes

Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by wealthmi1: 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
Amaechi Rotimi,is a political cum theatrical psychologist per excellence ! Not minding the behind the curtain's moves to douse the tension today in the hallowed chamber by all parties,l wish to believe that Amaechi's pre-planned comical reliefs he immediately dished out to the distinguished senators,especially,those that come from his State,those that even served in his government,especially,the one he called as his once "Commissioner of Finance",for me,had some kind of psychological cum emotional effects on the said senator,and the rest of the senators.Amaechi,in our own layman's view,took them off their guards.He mentally turned the antagonists to protagonists,foes to fans and his accusers to his advocates.What an excellent student of Literature-in-English ! He employed every word to provide himself a soft-landing.
However l have a feeling that the SCREENING though successful,the CONFIRMATION might sound a little bit offensive to all the Amaechi's supporters.We might witness a repeat of Lai Mohammed kind of "louder nay" in the Red Chamber.ABS (Abubarkar Bukola Saraki) would still,despite a convincing NAY,might give the "aye" a nod of approval,l presume o.I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
For the First time,since 1999,no news of Ghana Must Go Bags going around just for both the SCREENING and confirmation of the nominees?
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by adeoba2008(m): 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
At last. Kudos to Cicero Amaechi. The hero of our time.
Re: Ohamai Godwin (@MrFixNigeria) Dumps PDP Over Amaechi's Screening by Acidosis(m): 5:03pm On Oct 22, 2015
I Acidosis reaffirm my membership as a die hard PDP fanatic.

I am proud of Akpabio and other PDP senators.

Asking Amaechi questions won't stop him from being a Minister. Even if Amaechi fails to answer PDP's question, Senator Saraki would still go ahead to clear him, in the presence of NAY!

The screening is just a useless ceremony to exonerate corrupt i.diots.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu, Dogara And Saraki: What Is Wrong With This Photo? / Oba Of Benin Receives Bronze Head & Cockerel Returned From The UK / Boko Haram Adopts New Uniform, Dressing Style

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.