Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (667272 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 7:47am On Nov 22, 2015
CabbieAC:
Eleko Mayoroflagos are you familiar with this website?

Iya Agba check this out

http://oduduwadescendantsworldassembly.org/

Oh yeah i am
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 22, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Oh yeah i am

I'm surprised at your reply grin

I was expecting it to come maybe in the next 3 days lol

I don know say you go sabi am grin cheesy

Yeah speaking of Durosinmi etti and Etti

One of the Durosinmis was my classmate in primary school and one of the Ettis was my classmate in Secondary School

Etti was one of the best footballers in my set
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 7:59am On Nov 22, 2015
Am I seeing things?

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 8:01am On Nov 22, 2015
CabbieAC:

I'm surprised at your reply grin

I was expecting it to come maybe in the next 3 days lol

I don know say you go sabi am grin cheesy

Yeah speaking of Durosinmi etti and Etti

One of the Durosinmis was my classmate in primary school and one of the Ettis was my classmate in Secondary School

Etti was one of the best footballers in my set

I went to Arabic school with a Durosinmi Etti when I was little. Their family house is on Odunfa stteet in Island. In fact, at the corner of Odunfa and Evans street. Named Hakeem. Across the street is the family house of Olorunimbe - last Mayor of Lagos......of course Im the new one. Lol
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 8:03am On Nov 22, 2015
IlekeHD:
Am I seeing things?

Is he implying that he was able to pay salaries?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 22, 2015
MayorofLagos:

I went to Arabic school with a Durosinmi Etti when I was little. Their family house is on Odunfa stteet in Island. In fact, at the corner of Odunfa and Evans street. Named Hakeem. Across the street is the family house of Olorunimbe - last Mayor of Lagos......of course Im the new one. Lol

Haha! I love the last part cheesy Truer words never been said

I forgot to add Aminah durosinmi Etti was one of the most beautiful girls in my class smiley

But that time we never get sense grin cheesy Aijebe maa ti fi se aya wink
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 8:08am On Nov 22, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Is he implying that he was able to pay salaries?

I don't even know what he's implying.

I thought it was the Yoruba eggheader.....
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 8:11am On Nov 22, 2015
[size=18pt]Plight of Polygamy in Yorubaland
[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvjC5MgVFEw
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 8:14am On Nov 22, 2015
CabbieAC:

grin grin grin grin

Na jazz you put for mouth grin

I actually have answers to your question infact I can give you more than 5 but that'll surely attract them here and I don't want that
You don't have to sweat too much.Let him look at the achievements of each tribe,home and abroad so as to determine who comes tops.Yoruba surely comes out shining in Fashion,Music,Education,Business,Politics,Sports,if analysed wholesomely,Sciences...social,physical,etc.
Strategy,war...lol,empire building,culture etc.
I like this...
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/why-i-left-my-juicy-banking-job-for-business-lekan-balogun-mccoy-clothing-ltd-boss/
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 8:15am On Nov 22, 2015
IlekeHD:

Please don't fall for his biscuit and epka behavior. There's nothing pan/pot Africa about it.

Anti Ileke, why do you add P before or after you Ks?

If i didn't know better, i'd lump you as one of "those" people! cheesy

BTW,

Mayoroflagos , CabbieAC, profshymmex , zimoni, interloper et al, let's agree on no of pages per day & adhere strictly to it...

One can't be running after this thread ooooo... grin

Gaddem it, sleep small, 3 pages gone !!!! cheesy
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 22, 2015
Ritchiee:
You don't have to sweat too much.Let him look at the achievements of each tribe,home and abroad so as to determine who comes tops.Yoruba surely comes out shining in Fashion,Music,Education,Business,Politics,Sports,if analysed wholesomely,Sciences...social,physical,etc.
Strategy,war...lol,empire building,culture etc.
I like this...
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/why-i-left-my-juicy-banking-job-for-business-lekan-balogun-mccoy-clothing-ltd-boss/

Loool I think Eleko was just pulling my legs grin cheesy

He knows
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 8:17am On Nov 22, 2015
CabbieAC:

Haha! I love the last part cheesy Truer words never been said

I forgot to add Aminah durosinmi Etti was one of the most beautiful girls in my class smiley

But that time we never get sense grin cheesy Aijebe maa ti fi se aya wink

Kabiyesi, you sure say i no know you??

First of all, Lagos Island is very small and it doesnt matter how over populated it is, the ancestral homes will still be there. They might rebuild but it is there. I dont think there is any family in Island....indigenes....that I dont know their compound or Iga. From Ebute Alagbafo to Ebute Elefun, from Lafiaji to Campos, from Olowogbowo back to Ebute Alagbafo....thats the entire perimeter!

Mention any hood anywhere inbetween and Ive covered it and know the families.

This is why Ibo should fear me because when my Mayorship is vestitured Ibo will be in trouble. I will deport them completely out of Nigeria...to Congo!

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:23am On Nov 22, 2015
ProfShymex:

What about the generational cycle and subconscious mental/psychological programming that will make people start believing other folks are naturally more gifted than them at football?

It's similar to the way some Yorubas have started believing that certain folks are better than them are trading, when that isn't the case. Once you step outside the shores of Nigeria - Yorubas dominate SMEs and trading, especially in developed countries. The UK is a classic example cos Yorubas own over 90% of Nigerian business here.

They need to stop this madness and stop programming folks to think a certain way. Or just divide the country.
What of the USA and other countries where igbos dominate?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 22, 2015
MayorofLagos:

First of all, Lagos Island is very small and it doesnt matter how over populated it is, the ancestral homes will still be there. They might rebuild but it is there. I dont think there is any family in Island....indigenes....that I dont know their compound or Iga. From Ebute Alagbafo to Ebute Elefun, from Lafiaji to Campos, from Olowogbowo back to Ebute Alagbafo....thats the entire perimeter!

This is why Ibo should fear me because when my Mayorship is vestitured Ibo will be in trouble. I will deport them completely out of Nigeria...to Congo!

grin grin grin cheesy

[img]http://4.bp..com/-Ir5DN_7mwzw/UngEwcH7ppI/AAAAAAAAOpg/cTPq2iBdjWg/s1600/ti.gif[/img]

Haha you no know me ooo. you know say me no be real Ara Eko like you

Those are the 3 compounds I'm familiar with

I still believe there's Bada or maybe they go by another name in the compound

I'm not soo sure about Tairu but you can help me out with that .Those are the real Lagos people I grew up with

P.S Bada lives close to Iga Oba
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 8:24am On Nov 22, 2015
CabbieAC:

Loool I think Eleko was just pulling my legs grin cheesy

He knows
He is indirectly inviting Qelv who metamorphosised from son of hell...lol.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 8:25am On Nov 22, 2015
modath:

BTW,

Mayoroflagos , CabbieAC, profshymmex , zimoni, interloper et al, let's agree on no of pages per day & adhere strictly to it...

Lol you people can never disown me grin grin grin

Even if una try, I'm Oduduwa's most precious daughter.

It's how I say it. I hear the K tongue
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 8:27am On Nov 22, 2015
modath:

BTW,

Modath, eku ojumo o!

This thread, I dont think Aare knew it would turn out this way. Thi is a soul train of histotical perspectives. It were on a track and sittin in Jebba when you went to bed, by time you wake from sleep it should just be pulling in to Bode Wasimi station. Very fast on the roll!

grin

Ileke spent too much time under the sheets with Ibo and got.her pa and kpa crossed. She needs Jesus!
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 8:28am On Nov 22, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Ileke spent too much time under the sheets with Ibo and got.her pa and kpa crossed. She needs Jesus!

Gross.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 8:45am On Nov 22, 2015
CabbieAC:

grin grin grin cheesy

Haha you no know me ooo you know say me no be real Ara Eko like you

Those are the 3 compounds I'm familiar with

I still believe there's Bada or maybe they go by another name in the compound

I'm not soo sure about Tairu but you can help me out with that .Those are the real Lagos people I grew up with

P.S Bada lives close to Iga Oba[/color][/b]

I dont know these two, not saying they are not who they claim...i dont know for a fact. But there is no family compound with name of bada or tahiru. They probably have other known indigenous names.

Im about to vamoose shortly and.go read.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 8:48am On Nov 22, 2015
IlekeHD:

Gross.

Qelvin was glued here because of you. cheesy
If i see him near you....his already short thangy will be trimmed even shorter. I guarantee it. angry

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 22, 2015
MayorofLagos:

I dont know these two, not saying they are not who they claim...i dont know for a fact. But there is no family compound with name of bada or tahiru. They probably have other known indigenous names.

Im about to vamoose shortly and.go read.

Yeah I think so as well

I guess the emboldened is for more history lessons grin

Orun ti n fi ogbongbon kun emi gan, mo kan ki agidi bo ni grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by interloper(m): 8:48am On Nov 22, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Can you pls gimme the narrative for Oba Kosoko of Lagos from your own perspective although his reign was short lived . . . . .he so happens to me my great great grand father but one of his several sons ( my great grand father) left the island to settle somewhere under present day Alimosho local government (will tell which village another time lol)but he ended up being an Awori man full time and by extension i am one as well . . . . he never returned to the island till he passed on . . . . . . . .

Thats why when they chant lagos is no man's land i celebrate their ignorance because of the rapid development Lagos endured having lost that "rural aura" but funny enough, this same crowd are quick to chant they are from London or New York or Houston forgetting that all this places evolved to become a full fledge cosmopolitan city over a very long period of time today but never consider same as no man's land . . .

Despite the many economic contribution the Irish have showered into Boston, Massachusetts you never hear em chanting no man's land ditto even the indians or the west indies/Caribbean's in London or even the Latinos in florida . . . . .me i tire for some people sense of reasoning though
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 8:49am On Nov 22, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Qelvin was glued here because of you. cheesy
If i see him near you....his already short thangy will be trimmed even shorter. I guarantee it. angry

Disgusting.
lol @ short thangy grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 8:49am On Nov 22, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

What of the USA and other countries where igbos dominate?

Who do.you dominate in US?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by aljharem(m): 8:53am On Nov 22, 2015
Ilaje44:

Alhaji alaya yeye, mo fo "amin" adura re.

Ese sir
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by aljharem(m): 8:55am On Nov 22, 2015
interloper:

With all due respect Sir have never being able to figure you out all this while, if i were to give or have an opinion on your good self . . . i still cannot figure out where u are from although not a perequisite though but your roots is ever so vague, a times you are so yoruba and other times you are so hausa and a times so naija delta and God knows many other roots you identify yourself with. . . . .classic by the way

But i certainly give you your full respect having a pan nigeria identity and an innate ability to be any tribe or person out here to be honest is so so so legendary/fascinating but my consolation is you are a Nigerian which is just coolies by me . . . one love bro.
grin

Hopefully we see more of you yorubaness out here with time . . . . . i doubt many folks that know u more will agree to this gesture of mine . . . .

grin grin grin I am actually honoured sir. I am actually a yoruba man.

Thank you so much
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:02am On Nov 22, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Who do.you dominate in US?
Other Nigerians.
Just laughing at your comment where you said football doesn't require brains.
You guys should keep consoling yourselves . If igbos should release their own list of successful international and national soccer base, you will know football is in their genes.
Nothing like politics, money, etc
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 9:02am On Nov 22, 2015
CabbieAC:

I think Olaitan has been invited before.Still need to confirm tho

Not the biggest fan of Funsho Ojo after watching some videos but he's okay regardless

All in all, lets wait and see.I don't want to paste the tribalist tag on Oliseh yet

He hasn't spent up to 1 year

We're watching

We have been watching a long time and the Super Eagles have continued going down the ladder.
We must insist through the media that Yoruba want up to at least 8 players in the SUPER EAGLES so that we can win the WC..
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by tpiadotcom: 9:06am On Nov 22, 2015
IlekeHD:

It's how I say it. I hear the K tongue

you will soon call Akwa Ibom Aqua Ibom.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 9:08am On Nov 22, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Other Nigerians.
Just laughing at your comment where you said football doesn't require brains.
You guys should keep consoling yourselves . If igbos should release their own list of successful international and national soccer base, you will know football is in their genes.
Nothing like politics, money, etc
Pls,let us see the international list.Not the ones helped by Nigerian sports politics....
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 9:11am On Nov 22, 2015
MayorofLagos:

Modath, eku ojumo o!

This thread, I dont think Aare knew it would turn out this way. Thi is a soul train of histotical perspectives. It were on a track and sittin in Jebba when you went to bed, by time you wake from sleep it should just be pulling in to Bode Wasimi station. Very fast on the roll!

grin

E kaaro egbon.... You are very correct, believe Aare just felt like creating a sort of haven for the omoluabis in the midst of chaos & never knew thread will take of like speed of light..

This thread has even diminished my penchant for standing up for the govt of the day , not that I'm not still queuing behind it, i have just found something that speaks to the inner MO more,

Ilekehd mama, i trust you not to get down that way, No can't do..... abi a lie?.. wink
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:14am On Nov 22, 2015
modath:
Ilekehd mama, i trust you not to get down that way, No can't do..... abi a lie?.. wink

lol i don't even think of naija men anymore when it comes to romance. Talk less of bicycle seat shaped heads.

Let's forget this convo jor. MOL wants to dig and pry grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (384) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.