Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (668888 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
It seems Ilekehd is about to take aresa's position as regards Lagos cheesy cheesy grin

Oga mi, beeni ni o
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:10pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2015
superstar1:
yeeeeeeee mo gbe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have been duped. I accepted the story hook line and sinker, I also read it up and that was what i read. i need to read up more niyen sha.

Bros, let me explain the bit that I remember. There are certain areas in the northern part of Igboland, that share borders with Igala land.

That is why areas in the north of Anambra, like Odekpe, Nzam & co, have Igala communities living there. It is their ancestral land of those Igala communities. There are also parts of the northern axis of Enugu (e.g. Ette, Nsukka side) and Edo State, that share the same border with Igala communities, so you find a few places there inhabited by Igala. There has been quite a bit of acculturation, sha so it is not unusual to find a few Igalas in these parts bearing Igbo names. undecided

Now in historical times, a few places in the northern part of Anambra state that share a border with Igala land were believed to have been founded by Igala ancestors (e.g. Ossomala, Odekpe etc.) But those towns in northern Anambra, are now acculturated with mainstream Igbo and many of them have lost any ties or Igala influences. I do not think you would find any indigenous Ossomalans who self-identify as Igala today. sad

That is what I remember. Igalas are peaceful. But when the guys across the Niger started their territorial expansion, by including their land in the map of their proposed country, all gloves were off. Tempers also flared when the oil refinery issue came up as many fish ponds and farmlands belonging to the Igala communities, were destroyed. undecided
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:12pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:15pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 9:16pm On Oct 26, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
The yoruba Okun people speak is as clear as the one the yorubas in Lagos speak

Sir, with all due respect I beg to disagree. The Yoruba spoken by the Okun people in Kogi, sounds like a mixture of Ekiti and something else. Only the Yoruba spoken by the Offa and Ilorin folks, is pure Yoruba. I guess you wanted to refer to the Ilorin Yorubas.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:18pm On Oct 26, 2015

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2015
laudate:

Sir, with all due respect I beg to disagree. The Yoruba spoken by the Okun people in Kogi, sounds like a mixture of Ekiti and something else. Only the Yoruba spoken by the Offa and Ilorin folks, is pure Yoruba. I guess you wanted to refer to the Ilorin Yorubas.

I never said the dialect isn't different oo.I meant its as clear as in very easy to grab as the Yoruba lagosians speak
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
laudate:

Ta! My Yoruba is pureeee angry
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 26, 2015
Missy89:

Nah! I am full Akoko. 100%. cool

Well the Benin ancestry thingy is mostly for historical purpose now. Most people from that part of the state have 100% Yoruba mentality

Lol. Now I see why you are pro-Nigeria and the only other option is a Yoruba country with Edo loool. You are sly! Don't worry, we'll send you lot back to Biafra.

Then again, Edos and Yorubas can always form a country due to shared heritage. Heck, Edos can even form a country by themselves - they are that intelligent and gifted.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 26, 2015
zimoni:

I don't know where the Adenles are from. The Fagbenles should be either Ijeshas or Ekitis.

I grew up in Ile-Ife, I can't even speak Ijesha very well despite the fact that my both parents are from Ilesha. They went to do Osomalo in Ile-Ife in 1974. We were all born and raised at Ife. I speak Ife dialect more than Ijesha. I hardly visit home.

You are doing a good job Bro.

Still, I follow.

Nice.

That means folks with "Fa" at the beginning of their names are mostly Ekiti/Ijesha then. I will note that down.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:23pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
IlekeHD:
Ta! My Yoruba is pureeee angry
Erm...are you Okun or Ekiti??

Aareonakakanfo:

I never said the dialect isn't different oo.I meant its as clear as in very easy to grab as the Yoruba lagosians speak

Oh, I see. ok.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
IlekeHD:

Apparently this nyggah is from Epe...so I'm hunting for the daughter lol.

I will catch that girl slipping one day and when I do that, it's game over. Gotta rule over all the chics from my part of Yorubaland. Dammit lol.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by superstar1(m): 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2015
ProfShymex:

Lol. Now I see why you are pro-Nigeria and the only other option is a Yoruba country with Edo loool. You are sly! Don't worry, we'll send you lot back to Biafra.

Then again, Edos and Yorubas can always form a country due to shared heritage. Heck, Edos can even form a country by themselves - they are that intelligent and gifted.

The diversity in a strictly yoruba county is rich enough for us to contend with. Let them join the Niger Delta republic or Lower Niger Republic jejely.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 9:27pm On Oct 26, 2015
laudate:

But I thought Sopona was the Yoruba word for 'smallpox'! shocked

Yes it is. Our people used to call it Sopona in those days. Infact out of ignorance, they used to offer sacrifice to gods to appease Sopona to stop killing people. Not until the cure was found and missionary built schools and hospital that our people knew Sopona that they feared was just a disease and not wrath from gods. Ignorance at its peak lol.

Our people embrace western education and christianity which went a long way in liberating our people from ignorance and took them to places.

Today, we are enlightened. Thanks to God and Missionaries.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2015
Eko at night

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
ProfShymex:

Apparently this nyggah is from Epe...so I'm hunting for the daughter lol.

I will catch that girl slipping one day and when I do that, it's game over. Gotta rule over all the chics from my part of Yorubaland. Dammit lol.

lol dude you have a problem.......... you want to rule rich girls, but you don't want omo iya buka's pikin?

First start local.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:31pm On Oct 26, 2015
laudate:
Erm...are you Okun or Ekiti??

Oh, I see. ok.

Ko matter. My Yoruba is pure.

smiley
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by GregJo: 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
this thread is running!!!
just caught up.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
IlekeHD:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-qDy2wkzkylo/VMNVRHCrRWI/AAAAAAAAF2g/kdBb8qLi-Vs/s1600/Visual%2Bnarratives%2Bof%2BAfrica%2B2.jpg[/img]

Ilekeh is this the picture of Lagos too? se ko si? cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Funjosh(m): 9:37pm On Oct 26, 2015
Leme go and sleep. Good Night
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:37pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Ilekeh is this the picture of Lagos too? se ko si? cheesy cheesy grin

Kini mo se nau?

Funjosh:
Leme go and sleep. Good Night

O daaro

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
IlekeHD:

Kini mo se nau?

I thought you said you wanted to show pictures of Lagos so why're you showing pictures of beautiful women?

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (384) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.