Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,584 members, 7,816,434 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (668717 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by superstar1(m): 12:09am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
I'm tired of this Ilorin issue.I feel we should just give it a rest honestly

don't be.

we need to know the history of the past, for us to harness the opportunities today by making the right decisions, with the future impact in mind and laying a foundation and building block for future developments, as well laying down of likely mistakes to be avoided for unborn generations.

The Ilorin scenario nearly played out in another format with Jimi Agbaje leading his red cap wearing and wrapper tying clowns to denigrate the sanctity of our forefathers inheritance.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 27, 2015
Phew, I'm late.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

The beauty in that state alone is underrated, talk less of developmental potential.

It's a real pity. I don't trust Fayose to do anything about it. I doubt the other SW governors trust him enough to tell him about the SW agenda.

Lol fayose the m.a.a.d man who was criticizing Odua Investment Company.He never sees good in anyone, always having something negative to say
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by superstar1(m): 12:15am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Lol fayose the m.a.a.d man who was criticizing Odua Investment Company.He never sees good in anyone, always having something negative to say

Fayose is the refined yoruba copy of the Lunatic Albino -- Nnamdi kanu.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Missy89(f): 12:17am On Oct 27, 2015
superstar1:

The diversity in a strictly yoruba county is rich enough for us to contend with. Let them join the Niger Delta republic or Lower Niger Republic jejely.

Can you explain what you mean by strictly Yoruba? What is your definition of a "real Yoruba"
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ghost01(m): 12:18am On Oct 27, 2015
yemaldo:

Seriously? One thing I noticed is that most of u against ilorin are from ekiti /ondo but u need to visit ilorin before u can judge them and no one can stop anyone from claiming any tribe they want u can talk about South West development but when it comes to yoruba, it's beyond south west alone, u see why kabba people said they ain't yoruba? Don't treat people as if they are osu when in fact u know they are part of ur tribe.
Pls tell me how ilorin people betray yorubas
Alaye, no one is against Ilorin. All they are saying is that the Ilorin people have to make the decision, to either join the fray or not, themselves. Shikena!

And what's this you're saying about Ekiti and Ondo people being against Ilorin? What do they stand to gain from such venture?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by scholes0(m): 12:18am On Oct 27, 2015
yemaldo:

Seriously? One thing I noticed is that most of u against ilorin are from ekiti /ondo but u need to visit ilorin before u can judge them and no one can stop anyone from claiming any tribe they want u can talk about South West development but when it comes to yoruba, it's beyond south west alone, u see why kabba people said they ain't yoruba? Don't treat people as if they are osu when in fact u know they are part of ur tribe.

As at present and has it was in the past, the political rudder of Kwara state is geared towards North and Arewa unity, so how can that be in synchrony with South Western developmental plans? These people can be very irritating how they behave sometimes.

Look at their governor, who by the way is 100% Yoruba, looking like an almajiri sympathiser

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by superstar1(m): 12:20am On Oct 27, 2015
Missy89:

Can you explain what you mean by strictly Yoruba? What is your definition of a "real Yoruba"

We are all yorubas. there is no real or fake, We do not practise a caste system.

I was advising that Binis should be allowed to join Niger Delta Republic or Biafra, rather than joining a yoruba nation.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 27, 2015
superstar1:

don't be.

we need to know the history of the past, for us to harness the opportunities today by making the right decisions, with the future impact in mind and laying a foundation and building block for future developments, as well laying down of likely mistakes to be avoided for unborn generations.

The Ilorin scenario nearly played out in another format with Jimi Agbaje leading his red cap wearing and wrapper tying clowns to denigrate the sanctity of our forefathers inheritance.

True words! That jimi agbaje character is the worst thing to ever happen to Yorubaland since Femi ari bi salad the bitter fool.As per Ilorin, like we both agreed, they need to speak for themselves if they're really interested in the Yoruba course

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by superstar1(m): 12:23am On Oct 27, 2015
scholes0:

As at present and has it was in the past, the political rudder of Kwara state is geared towards North and Arewa unity, so how can that be in synchrony with South Western developmental plans? These people can be very irritating how they behave sometimes.

Look at their governor, who by the way is 100% Yoruba, looking like an almajiri sympathiser

They have used religion to stylishly colonised them, for them to lose their identity and root.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 27, 2015
Please lets avoid insulting Ilorin people in general.They're not all the same and yemaldo is one of the few loyal ones

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Flyoruboy(m): 12:27am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

True words! That jimi agbaje character is the worst thing to ever happen to Yorubaland since Femi ari bi salad the bitter fool.As per Ilorin, like we both agreed, they need to speak for themselves if they're really interested in the Yoruba course

Without a doubt, Agbaje would have gladly and effectively ceded Lagos to the Igbos. He admitted himself that his preferred choice as deputy was a flattie but the Yoruba Lagos PDP vehemently opposed it and told him straightup to perish the thought. Thank goodness he didn't succeed.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 27, 2015
scholes0:

Now you complain about how they dress? Really? Fatai is an igbomina man so the way he dressed doesn't change that, we have yoruba in kogi too and they are part of not central politically, so they have no choice but play along. Good night

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 12:30am On Oct 27, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

He did?
For goodness sake. I'm afraid to ask WHY.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 12:31am On Oct 27, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Without a doubt, Agbaje would have gladly and effectively ceded Lagos to the Igbos. He admitted himself that his preferred choice as deputy was a flattie but the Yoruba Lagos PDP vehemently opposed it and told him straightup to perish the thought. Thank goodness he didn't succeed.

lmaoo grin

Another Afonja....... may God save the Yoruba race from this foolish attitude of impartiality.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by forgiveness: 12:32am On Oct 27, 2015
I started following this thread from page one till page 17 but by the time i opened the thread again, it was in page 27. And i could no longer catch up. However, i have my reservations concerning some issues that will bring about developments to the West. Hence, i see no need to comment or contribute on this thread. I still dey observe.

But i can't just overlook the Ilorin discussion. Let me state it clearly. No inch of Yoruba land including Jebba and ilorin will be left out of Yoruba land i.e if Nigeria secede. I will give reasons tomorrow. I rest my case.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 12:32am On Oct 27, 2015
yemaldo:

Huh?

cheesy

From the onset of the discussion, we've agreed that Yorubas in Kwara have to make the decisions themselves.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 12:34am On Oct 27, 2015
Flyoruboy:

Imagine that.

If he had made a Flateeno his deputy and succeeded in winning the gubernatorial election, the Flateenos would be planning how to give him visa to the hell fire he bolongs and take over Lagos by now.

That God the Afonja lost to Orobokibo Ambode. God Punish Any Afonja That Wants To Harbour Evil For Us Again.

We should have a hit squad that would specialize is issuing visas to Saboteurs aka Sabos. I've always have the thought. God punish any bastardd that will set us back again.

Goodnight jarey.

And RIP to Owa Obokun, Sun Re Oooo Baba.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 12:35am On Oct 27, 2015
lol @ orobokibo
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by scholes0(m): 12:35am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

lmaoo grin

Another Afonja....... may God save the Yoruba race from this foolish attitude of impartiality.

Lol, they try so much to be nice and friendly, to people who ultimately do not appreciate nor care about their kind gestures.
god Almighty save us from these class of people indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 12:41am On Oct 27, 2015
scholes0:

Lol, they try so much to be nice and friendly, to people who ultimately do not appreciate nor care about their kind gestures.
god Almighty save us from these class of people indeed.

This is why I secretly relish the conflict between Fulani groups + Yoruba leaders and Yoruba leaders and Igbo toutish leaders because I'm hoping that something pulls Yorubas from this daydream of accommodation.

Igbos are partial and wouldn't vote in any non-igbo leader, the North is the same, what makes the sw different?

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by scholes0(m): 12:42am On Oct 27, 2015
forgiveness:
I started following this thread from page one till page 17 but by the time i opened the thread again, it was in page 27. And i could no longer catch up. However, i have my reservations concerning some issuses that will bring about developments to the West. Hence, i see no need to comment or contribute on this thread. I still dey observe.

But i can't just overlook the Ilorin discusion. Let me state it clearly. One inch of Yorubaland including Jebba and ilorin will not be left out of Yorubaland i.e if Nigeria seceed. I will give reasons tommorow. I rest my case.

Can you save a people who do not want to be saved?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by scholes0(m): 12:44am On Oct 27, 2015
yemaldo:

Now you complain about how they dress? Really? Fatai is an igbomina man so the way he dressed doesn't change that, we have yoruba in kogi too and they are part of not central politically, so they have no choice but play along. Good night

Yes, I complain about the way he dresses, because it is unsightly.
The last time my dad attended a wedding in Ilorin, he wore his bentigoo and Abeti-Aja proudly. Your dressing says a lot about how you think upstairs.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Flyoruboy(m): 12:44am On Oct 27, 2015
zimoni:

Imagine that.

If he had made a Flateeno his deputy and succeeded in winning the gubernatorial election, the Flateenos would be planning how to give him visa to the hell fire he bolongs and take over Lagos by now.

That God the Afonja lost to Orobokibo Ambode. God Punish Any Afonja That Wants To Harbour Evil For Us Again.

We should have a hit squad that would specialize is issuing visas to Saboteurs aka Sabos. I've always have the thought. God punish any bastardd that will set us back again.

Goodnight jarey.

Personally, I'd rather settle for a minority to govern Lagos than a flattie. Those pricks are the only tribe that have the effrontery to tell indigenes of the SW that they have no right to claim Lagos, like WTF?? Like seriously who does that? And they say it with so much boldness and fervor. No other tribe has ever crossed that line, that is why I feel they can't be trusted. PH/"Igweocha" is their latest project. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 12:46am On Oct 27, 2015
scholes0:

smh...*sigh! I will hold my peace, after I say this. Please do not take offence. Since I am not from your ethnic group, I seek for erm, what is that word now?? Erm, 'gafara' or permission to say this. Among the Yorubas of the North, there has been a lot of acculturation, so their dressing and culture is heavily influenced by their proximity to the North, as well as religious factors.

This is not their fault really, as these cultural influences diffused into their communities over several generations, through no fault of theirs'. sad

Take the Itsekiri, for example. They wear double wrappers like the Niger-Delta communities, they have strong cultural practices that are unique to themselves alone, even though their language sounds like a dialect of Yoruba, and many of them bear Yoruba names. They have a unique identity. Yet, the Yoruba people have not sought to influence them in any way, or accuse them of being aloof. They are accepted, just the way they are. wink

Why can't that same relationship exist with the Ilorin folks?? Just wondering. Yes, Abdulfatah Ahmed of Kwara bears a Yoruba name and speaks Yoruba. But is his paternal and maternal ancestry, pure Yoruba or has it been mixed with other influences through the ages? Many of those families no longer bother about what Afonja or Alimi did, even though there is still a measure of subtle rivalry among various communities in the town. undecided

In fact, when I did my training there, some of the indigenes when they were lost for words in describing someone, would just say 'Omo Fulani Ilorin, ni' and everyone would immediately understand the subliminal message they were trying to convey. There was no need to go into too many details. Kindly forgive my poor use of Yoruba language - I can follow some words, but can't speak, because my accent is atrocious. I know all the cuss words though! cheesy

Like I said in a much earlier post, a lot of acculturation has occurred within many of these families, and their communities. And it did not start today. Ilorin is just a peculiar case, unlike other communities outside the town.

I would advocate caution in approaching them, and also an open mind, in trying to understand their lifestyle. Just my 2 cents. Apologies if my post has offended anyone. Peace. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Missy89(f): 12:47am On Oct 27, 2015
scholes0:

Can you save a people who do not want to be saved?

That is not how state power works. It is not up to the people living there but what is good and beneficial for the state. hypothetically, if Nigeria breaks up today, It wont be up to most people living in those territories to decide where they will be. The state will define what YorubaLand is. and if there is no agreement between other states, there will be a conflict.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by scholes0(m): 12:47am On Oct 27, 2015
IlekeHD:

This is why I secretly relish the conflict between Fulani groups + Yoruba leaders and Yoruba leaders and Igbo toutish leaders because I'm hoping that something pulls Yorubas from this daydream of accommodation.

Igbos are partial and wouldn't vote in any non-igbo leader, the North is the same, what makes the sw different?

They want to be 'Mr Nice"
The people they try being nice to however secretly wishes them dead and take over their birth rights. Sheer Moronness.
Thankfully a lot are waking up from their deep suegbe slumber.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 12:50am On Oct 27, 2015
scholes0:

They want to be 'Mr Nice"
The people they try being nice to however secretly wishes them dead and take over their birth rights. Sheer Moronness.
Thankfully a lot are waking up from their deep suegbe slumber.

lmaooo grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 27, 2015
yemaldo:

Lool.

Sir, I'm sorry I'm not from Ekiti/Ondo. I'm Ijebu - but it's Ijebu waterside, in Epe, Lagos. I honestly don't have anything against your people. But I just think there must have been a deeper reason why Yorubas never bothered to liberate ya folks, despite having more than one opportunity to do that in the past - with Fulanis running for their lives. Heck, Yorubas would've liberated the Hausas and defeated the emirate in Sokoto if they wanted to.

No one can deny you ya Yoruba identity - that's in-born. However, the onus is on you and ya Ilorin folks to always align with it at all times, like the Yorubas from Kogi. However, once you start putting ya religion (Islam) and servitude to a Fulani emirate over ya Yoruba identity - it's problematic and folks have a right to be suspicious about you. Also, whenever you see a thread like this one, just try to contribute to it, and educate folks about where ya people stand. There's a reason why I'm always arguing for the Itsekiris cos I know my folks, Ijebu waterside share a lot of cultural affinity with them and a lot of the Itsekiri clans are from Ijebu waterside. Maybe one day when I'm free - I'll post a comprehensive list of all Ijebu kings and their communities. And you would be able to see a list of communities in Ijebu waterside from the Epe axis to Ogun waterside who have the same names as some Itsekiri clans...and the Itsekiris have kept those clans intact. Heck, even Itsekiri historians always affirm this and they do seek cooperation with Yorubas from time to time, despite being far away. You can also do the same by educating folks about Ilorin people.

Ilorin folks are Yorubas but the ghost of Afonja is just something folks are scared of.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by SUBWAY101(m): 12:53am On Oct 27, 2015
zimoni:

Imagine that.

Goodnight jarey.

Lolzzz. You be real comedian. Lolzz

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by scholes0(m): 12:53am On Oct 27, 2015

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Missy89(f): 12:54am On Oct 27, 2015
scholes0:

Who is this pretty chick?

Pro volleyball player for the Team USA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (384) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.