Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,124 members, 7,852,827 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:33 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (675683 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 11:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

I have my reservations concerning tinubu but that's a topic for another day.Have you agreed to be giving us topics to dicuss everyday?
I am mostly having a duel with time but I would surely try my best .
I am suggesting 'solution to area boys and touts in the SW especially Lagos...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

You may be right. Et tu? Is that a good time for you?

kilonjebe? As for me,I'm okay with any time
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ilekeh(f): 11:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
Ritchiee:

LOL area boys are political tools......used when needed, ignored when they're not needed.

They're the boko harams of the west.....finding their sponsor will be hard, ending them will be close to impossible.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by midolian(m): 11:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
modath:

25yrs !!! shocked. BODA midolian niyen. grin
yea...that's all my life grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ilekeh(f): 11:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

kilonjebe? As for me,I'm okay with any time

Ara oko. It means "and you?"
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 30, 2015
Ritchiee:

No fear we go discuss am tommorrow but you have to be consistent sha

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

Ara oko. It means "and you?"

Ooohkaaay no mind me jare.Funny enough i know the meaning.I just didn't grab it
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 11:23pm On Oct 30, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Wole soyinka kin se oloselu.oto ni keyan ni imo iwe.oto loro oselu
I think we should think out of the box and go for a non-partisan individual.His neurality will be a rallying point for dissenting voices...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 11:26pm On Oct 30, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

No fear we go discuss am tommorrow but you have to be consistent sha
I would really,really try...
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 11:34pm On Oct 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

LOL area boys are political tools......used when needed, ignored when they're not needed.

They're the boko harams of the west.....finding their sponsor will be hard, ending them will be close to impossible.
I know.You don't allow problems to overwhelm you...we are human beings for God sake and fortunately,we are YORUBAS.
A YORUBA IS A POTENTIAL SUCCESS...

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ilekeh(f): 11:36pm On Oct 30, 2015
Ritchiee:
I know.You don't allow problems to overwhelm you...we are human beings for God sake and fortunately,we are YORUBAS.
A YORUBA IS A POTENTIAL SUCCESS...

Definitely! smiley
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ritchiee: 11:40pm On Oct 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

Definitely! smiley
O daaro o,Ilekeh ati eyin OMOLUABI gbogbo.Sweet and angelic dreams...ciao.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ilekeh(f): 11:44pm On Oct 30, 2015
Ritchiee:
O daaro o,Ilekeh ati eyin OMOLUABI gbogbo.Sweet and angelic dreams...ciao.

Odaaro!
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 30, 2015
Ritchiee:
I think we should think out of the box and go for a non-partisan individual.His neurality will be a rallying point for dissenting voices...

81 year old man as Yoruba leader
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ilekeh(f): 11:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

81 year old man as Yoruba leader

Youth in nigeria : At 80 and younger.

He's just 1 year past the mark nau (sarcasm)

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 11:55pm On Oct 30, 2015
Whaooooooooo

I had to go back and read the pages I missed in the afternoon. I'm glad Uncle Gbawe is back, I knew he would return someday. Still waiting for Uncle Ilugunboy and Prof Katsumoto.

Interesting contributions from Uncle Gbawe, Richtiee, Egbon Mayor, Aare Baba, Superstar Baba, Musiwa4110 not 419 and others.

We really need a high-speed train that will connect Lagos-Ogun-Ibadan-Ife-Ilesha-Akure-AdoEkiti-Kabba-Yagba-Ilorin-Ibadan-Lagos.

It would cost billions of dollars. I've checked internet, China offers good service at cheap cost. They got their train lane and technology from abroad(they paid for the transfer of technology and later modified the speed to 320mphr).

Also we need a highway that will connect Epe-Ogun-Ondo-Atakumosa-Ilesa-Akure. The highway will reduce traffic on Lagos-Ibadan highway.

We still have a long way to go.

Osun and Ekiti states are the two states giving me concern. My focus is on the two states.

We shall get there. The Lord Is Our Strength.

Oodua A Gbe Wa.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ilekeh(f): 11:57pm On Oct 30, 2015
zimoni:
Whaooooooooo

I had to go back and read the pages I missed in the afternoon. I'm glad Uncle Gbawe is back, I knew he would return someday. Still waiting for Uncle Ilugunboy and Prof Katsumoto.

Interesting contributions from Uncle Gbawe, Richtiee, Egbon Mayor, Aare Baba, Superstar Baba, Musiwa4110 not 419 and others.

We really need a high-speed train that will connect Lagos-Ogun-Ibadan-Ife-Ilesha-Akure-AdoEkiti-Kabba-Yagba-Ilorin-Ibadan-Lagos.

It would cost billions of dollars. I've checked internet, China offers good service at cheap cost. They got their train lane and technology from abroad(they paid for the transfer of technology and later modified the speed to 320mphr).

Also we need a highway that will connect Epe-Ogun-Ondo-Atakumosa-Ilesa-Akure. The highway will reduce traffic on Lagos-Ibadan highway.

We still have a long way to go.

Osun and Ekiti states are the two states giving me concern. My focus is on the two states.

We shall get there. The Lord Is Our Strength.

Oodua A Gbe Wa.

Ekiti is a new state with flawed leadership.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 30, 2015
Ilekeh:

Youth in nigeria : At 80 and younger.

He's just 1 year past the mark nau (sarcasm)

Bamanga tukur was a youth leader at 75 grin cheesy cheesy.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ilekeh(f): 12:09am On Oct 31, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Bamanga tukur was a youth leader.

Lol mo ranti. Sugbon ko s'arugbo ni ghana nau
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ilekeh(f): 12:10am On Oct 31, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Bamanga tukur was a youth leader at 75 grin cheesy cheesy.

He was born in 1935....80years old. He's within the benchmark of PDP's definition of "youth".
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 31, 2015
Ilekeh:

Lol mo ranti. Sugbon ko s'arugbo ni ghana nau

On a more serious note, which of this current crop of Yoruba leaders do you think has what it takes to replicate Awo's achievements.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by sweettinz20(m): 12:17am On Oct 31, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

On a more serious note, which of this current crop of Yoruba leaders do you think has what it takes to replicate Awo's achievements.
osibanjo or fashola
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 31, 2015
sweettinz20:
osibanjo or fashola

grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ilekeh(f): 12:20am On Oct 31, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Honestly, mii fe da ibeere yii lohun. I don't want us to start a fresh foundation on the ones we currently have. For a fresh slate, I have no one in mind.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 12:21am On Oct 31, 2015
Ritchiee:

They are a component of the total security structure. Dont mess with them.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ilekeh(f): 12:24am On Oct 31, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

But who do I trust to save Yorubaland from Nigeria?

Tinubu & Fashola. They have visions for development and beautiful environmental architecture (green lagos, deconstructivism architecture etc)
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by MayorofLagos(m): 12:26am On Oct 31, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

We should not look for replication of his achievements but rather use it as benchmarks.to challenge whoever is stepping into his role.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 31, 2015
MayorofLagos:

We should not look for replication of his achievements but rather use it as benchmarks.to challenge whoever is stepping into his role.

So which of them has what it takes to meet the benchmarks?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by uncleUPRIGHT: 12:55am On Oct 31, 2015
Egi dedede kin ti ri o.
I was discussing with my peeps at home and we spoke at length about various regions in nigeria their strength and weakness, permit me to say we yorubas have become too lazy,hausas are known for food,ibos for craft but all we have is education which is now overrated what are we known for apart from this,our people have gone far from agriculture,we dont have our own militia,education,sports now relegated,infrastructure(brown roof and mud houses)must improve to something more modern.if we youths can form an organisation to spread awareness to our people at home and abroad to come to our aid of our region if care is not taken we may stumble over the past glory we had.
please lets suggest what we can do to make us bigger than those calling us names to see how great we claim to be.let us not defend ourselves from online attack lets channel the anger into massive enlightment and development of our people through this forum.
please do not involve in online abuses with other tribalists but create more thread about our weaknesses,unity,military,industry, development,geographical area(okun in kogi,itsekiri,igala)incase of secession.
Aare this thread is too long to keep up with pls divide it into various sub thread having its specific headings.An se gan o
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ilekeh(f): 12:58am On Oct 31, 2015
uncleUPRIGHT:
Egi dedede kin ti ri o.
I was discussing with my peeps at home and we spoke at length about various regions in nigeria their strength and weakness, permit me to say we yorubas have become too lazy,hausas are known for food,ibos for craft but all we have is education which is now overrated what are we known for apart from this,our people have gone far from agriculture,we dont have our own militia,education,sports now relegated,infrastructure(brown roof and mud houses)must improve to something more modern.if we youths can form an organisation to spread awareness to our people at home and abroad to come to our aid of our region if care is not taken we may stumble over the past glory we had.
please lets suggest what we can do to make us bigger than those calling us names to see how great we claim to be.let us not defend ourselves from online attack lets channel the anger into massive enlightment and development of our people through this forum.
please do not involve in online abuses with other tribalists but create more thread about our weaknesses,unity,military,industry, development,geographical area(okun in kogi,itsekiri,igala)incase of secession.
Aare this thread is too long to keep up with pls divide it into various sub thread having its specific headings.An se gan o

I'll allow others to respond you, but 1) you registered recently 2) nothing in your post history suggests that you're yoruba.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by uncleUPRIGHT: 1:02am On Oct 31, 2015
I am yoruba but asocial been a non active member but decide to open due to tribal bashing i have been seeing and i dont participate in online fights too
Ilekeh:

I'll allow others to respond you, but 1) you registered recently 2) nothing in your post history suggests that you're yoruba.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Ilekeh(f): 1:04am On Oct 31, 2015
uncleUPRIGHT:
I am yoruba but asocial been a non active member but decide to open due to tribal bashing i have been seeing and i dont participate in online fights too

Ok please allow others to reply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.