Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,725 members, 7,851,484 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:30 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (71640 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 01, 2009
Sauron,
Me thinks there aren't that many available targets.
Villa,Ribery,even Benzema are transfer targets based on speculation.No one really has the clear picture on those guys.

We all have our own reasons why we want certain players,but I never for one believed a direct replacement for Ronaldo was ever going to be found.
I think we should trust Fergie's judgement.He's been at the club longer than any of us have supported United.
Valencia is not a bad player by any stretch of the imagination.I think the reasons he isn't getting more than averagerevies is because he's been flying under the radar.But we all know steve Bruce wouldn't offer a good recommendation to United if he didn't feel they were worth playng for the club.he couldhave urged fergie to monitor Palacios.But he didn't.

Not many people have that goal-scoring/assist combo you're talking about.the Available few are being priced out of reach by Real.And United won't spray cash for the fun of it.
Even the Douglas fellow from Gremio was tied down by a ridiculous clause in the region of 18-21 million.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2009
Eastbay:

Sauron,
Even the Douglas fellow from Gremio was tied down by a ridiculous clause in the region of 18-21 million.

Blame Fergie for that.

He shoulda sorted his contracts before they agreed Madrid's offer on Ronaldo.
Now that people know we have 80+ million to spend in the market, our targets are going to be over-priced.
Before the Ronaldo deal, Douglas woulda come here for 10 milla.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

Blame Fergie for that.

He shoulda sorted his contracts before they agreed Madrid's offer on Ronaldo.
Now that people know we have 80+ million to spend in the market, our targets are going to be over-priced.
Before the Ronaldo deal, Douglas woulda come here for 10 milla.
Don't exactly agree.
While the 80+ million was there for all to know,I think clubs were always going to hke their fees as soon as United entered the fray to bid.

Looks like the Benz is going to madrid afterall.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/01/karim-benzema-lyon-real-madrid
or is he?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2009
Eastbay
Lyon have received offer in excess of 30mills but not from Madrid

a Chief in Lyon has rubbish that story but i still think its between UTD and RM.
im having this feeling the dude will play in our colors next season
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2009
"We certainly did receive an offer of a sum appreciably superior to the sum that has been mentioned, but nothing says that it comes from Real," Lyon director Olivier Blanc told L'Equipe.

Nothing says that it comes from Real? Doesn't sound like a denial to me. . . . he is trying to keep people guessing.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2009
and what do you have to say to his team mate in denial?

lets see how it goes
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2009
I hope Real Madrid get Benzema.
He would be another overpriced piece of shit at OT.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 6:07pm On Jul 01, 2009
He would be another overpriced piece of shit at OT.
evidence to show that he will be a piece of shit.

when you say another overpriced piece of shit, are you trying to say Berbatov is an overpriced piece of shit?
LOL!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 6:15pm On Jul 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

They are nearly there. . . . grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 6:19pm On Jul 01, 2009
They are nearly there. . . .
enemies e ma run down when we get him grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by MrCrackles(m): 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2009
tkb417:

enemies e ma run down when we get him grin

grin cheesy grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 6:38pm On Jul 01, 2009
shit
Benzema has been signed by Madrid!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Ibime(m): 6:44pm On Jul 01, 2009
tkb417:

shit

Just heard that. . . . I guess Hunteaar is on his way! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by RuuDie(m): 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2009
tkb417:

shit

Thank God!

I think we should sign decent, averagely-rated moderately-priced players. . . . . . .  its time to lay more emphasis on "team-work" rather than individual displays!
CR7 was almost overshadowing the rest of the squad, so atimes it seemed that the team was solely dependent on him. . . . . .

Good choice by SAF to pick up Valencia - pls, more of that!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2009
Ibime:

Just heard that. . . . I guess Hunteaar is on his way!  grin
We intend to auction pylone cone to the highest bidder. Hope SAF hasnt spent a dime of the CR80M grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 6:49pm On Jul 01, 2009
Just heard that. . . . I guess Hunteaar is on his way!  

God forbid bad thing

So Benzema, kaka and Ronaldo will now be rampaging and what we have to show is one idiotic Hunter
UCL next season will be Hot like fire

real and barca for finals grin grin
I give up

Kaka+Ronaldo ( i was still having my doubts) but with the addition of Benzema
Its over for footie

i think its high time we invite the owners of citey to buy out the Glazers grin grin
at least, if we were the one offering Kaka plenty money last season, he wouldnt have hesistated.

we need money to battle these bastards from Madrid
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by RuuDie(m): 6:50pm On Jul 01, 2009
Ibime:

Just heard that. . . . I guess Hunteaar is on his way!  grin

At this juncture, i wldn't mind having Hunt - don't fancy him that much, but at least he won't be coming as a high-profile, big-money signing with a big chip on his shoulder!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2009
At this juncture, i wldn't mind having Hunt - don't fancy him that much, but at least he won't be coming as a high-profile, big-money signing with a big chip on his shoulder!
why not Yakubu Aiyegbeni then if you dont mind any kind of striker

abeg, we need a young hot commodity
Aguero grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by RuuDie(m): 6:59pm On Jul 01, 2009
tkb417:

why not Yakubu Aiyegbeni then if you dont mind any kind of striker

abeg, we need a young hot commodity
Aguero grin

Aguerro - between him, Adebayor and Bendtner; i neva know who go collect d title of Mr. Miss It

Guy, as long as na striker wey dey give u an average of 15 goals, he will do just fine!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2009
Aguerro - between him, Adebayor and Bendtner; i neva know who go collect d title of Mr. Miss It

Guy, as long as na striker wey dey give u an average of 15 goals, he will do just fine!
he wont miss in our colors

the UCL hasnt started and im already scared of some teams

I think Perez is planning to avenge the 6-2 loss to Barca
wahala dey o
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by allboyz(m): 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2009
Benzema for R.Madrid?

Galaticus!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Puvguy: 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2009
Those I expected to be current are surely far away from it. Benzema is yet to signed
for madrid but could happen. The media is working very hard at selling it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 7:10pm On Jul 01, 2009
Those I expected to be current are surely far away from it. Benzema is yet to signed
for madrid but could happen. The media is working very hard at selling it.
ok sir
lemme ask if ure far away from civilization cos the boi has been signed big time!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Puvguy: 7:18pm On Jul 01, 2009
TBK419, ok mr civilisation. I have been following transfer keenly and didnt'
rule out it outrighly just think it's premature at this time.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 7:24pm On Jul 01, 2009
LOL at 419
Benzema has been signed by Madrid
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by RuuDie(m): 7:27pm On Jul 01, 2009
Puvguy:

Check Olympique lyonnais website and confirm if you're not sure abi!?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Puvguy: 7:31pm On Jul 01, 2009
my bad .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Puvguy: 7:35pm On Jul 01, 2009
TBK we need U to yan I want make to be my fund manager.
thot not rich.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 7:43pm On Jul 01, 2009
TBK we need U to yan I want make to be my fund manager.
thot not rich.
hehehehe
Try ARM grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Puvguy: 7:48pm On Jul 01, 2009
cause I yan say I no dey rich 9ja man grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 7:56pm On Jul 01, 2009
no come derail our thread.
Moderators dey frown at stuffs like this oo.

speak to seunallday on the career thread. i think he works in an IB too
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by DrKitaun(m): 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2009
allboyz:

Benzema for R.Madrid?

Galaticus!!!!

negative !!!

Benzema was an obscure quantity at the last Euro cup, yes or no ?

how can a player that hasnt proven himself at the global stage be termed Galaticos ?

the real Galaticos are Kaka and Ronaldo !

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea : FA Community Shield (1 - 0) On 2nd August 2015 / Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 16th April 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.