Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,302 members, 7,829,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (71001 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tocdee(m): 8:39pm On Jul 01, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

negative !!!

Benzema was an obscure quantity at the last Euro cup, yes or no ?

how can a player that hasnt proven himself at the global stage be termed Galaticos ?

Bitter aren't you? grin grin grin grin grin
Benzema performed very well in the past UEFA CL competitions and is easily one of the hottest prospects in world football. And he's just 21!!

Funny isn't it? Almost like Madrid are out to prove a point to the Mancs; buying off their best player, Ronaldo, and making sure they don't spend the GBP80M by stealing their proposed replacements Benzema and Ribery (soon) as well as putting in an inital bid for another Utd target, Villa. It's almost as if the Manc scouts are working for them! embarassed embarassed

Hope those bullies just stay off Xabi Alonso!  tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by RuuDie(m): 9:43pm On Jul 01, 2009
Benzema's got some ability no doubt - but this fella is just being over-rated at the moment. I'm glad UTD didn't get him; not at that price anyway!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by homosapien(m): 9:46pm On Jul 01, 2009
is ronaldo really galaticos
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2009
How is Benzema overrated?

A striker at 21 who was highest scorer in france in 07/08 and ended up with a goal in every other game in 08/09?

What exactly is overrated about him? If someone that hasn't even scored 10 goals in a season like Valencia goes for 16m, why won't Benzema go for more?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Puvguy: 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2009
I concur. The guy is simply over-rated his ratio of goals is poor.

There's no other yardstick to judge a striker to me.

I agree with Dr Kitaun, he was a passanger at Euro cup.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 10:15pm On Jul 01, 2009
Puvguy:

Sour grapes.  grin grin

What was Berbatov's goal to game ratio and 32m was splashed out for him?  cheesy

31 goals in 51 games in 07/08, 23 in 47 games in 08/09. . . .name strikers apart from Villa who are currently available and around his age that can match those stats.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by jalether(m): 10:26pm On Jul 01, 2009
man utd go suffer next season, wait a minute you guys ve got Valencia great replacement for CR7 grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2009
debosky:

Sour grapes.  grin grin

What was Berbatov's goal to game ratio and 32m was splashed out for him?  cheesy

31 goals in 51 games in 07/08, 23 in 47 games in 08/09. . . .name strikers apart from Villa who are currently available and around his age that can match those stats.
Higuain (21yrs) :  22 goals 9 assists in 34 La liga appearances in 2008/09!
oops, sorry but he is not for sale!!! cheesy grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 10:35pm On Jul 01, 2009
Nice one biina cheesy

Bad belle dey worry them - I told tkb that it was likely Real Madrid, but he was having wet dreams about Karimu. cheesy grin grin

Who else is of note to be snapped up? Ribery? The battle shall soon descend to the lower echelon of players - Arsene better conclude his deals before all the heavy hitters come offering crazy money. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tocdee(m): 10:40pm On Jul 01, 2009
Puvguy:

So was Torres' goal ratio before he moved to Liverpool, same with Henry before Arsenal and Forlan before Athletico. Using that yard-stick of yours, Rooney and Berbatov won't even make the cut (though they are valued higher in the market). How many strikers have had better goal ratios at that age? Name them. Benzema is still an uncut diamond and that's why he's highly sought after.

He's a natural striker and would definitely outscore Rooney or Berbatov given the chance to play at utd.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by RuuDie(m): 10:43pm On Jul 01, 2009
Am not even so particular about how many goals he scores or can score but in the long run how consistent is he what kind of influence can he wield in a game does he have the presence, the stature to command attention as a threat when he's out on the field of play

For instance, from the perspective of Ligue 1, compare a Benzema to Gourcoff --- who's more highly rated
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2009
RuuDie:

Am not even so particular about how many goals he scores or can score but in the long run how consistent is he what kind of influence can he wield in a game does he have the presence, the stature to command attention as a threat when he's out on the field of play

For instance, from the perspective of Ligue 1, compare a Benzema to Gourcoff --- who's more highly rated

Obviously Benzema - over 20 goals return in two consecutive seasons is not something to be sniffed at. No one scores 31 in 51 without causing a ruckus on the pitch, he obviously has presence.

Best of all, there are quotes from Fergie fancying the player and wanting him if he could get a good deal off Aulas.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 10:54pm On Jul 01, 2009
Karim Benzema is over-rated. . . . .

I am so happy Real Madrid signed him.
He is an absolute waste of space. . . . .He will never make the top 3 players in the world/Europe.
At 21, we all know what Messi and Ronaldo were about. . . . .Benzema is light years below em right now and lets be honest, he is not going to score 30 goals per season for Real Madrid. I doubt he would play many games with the number of prima donna in that club right now.

Fergie should sign Huntelaar now.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 10:57pm On Jul 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

Karim Benzema is over-rated. . . . .

I am so happy Real Madrid signed him.
He is an absolute waste of space. . . . .He will never make the top 3 players in the world/Europe.
At 21, we all know what Messi and Ronaldo were about. . . . .Benzema is light years below em right now and lets be honest, he is not going to score 30 goals per season for Real Madrid. I doubt he would play many games with the number of prima donna in that club right now.
Rubbish - He's achieved more than Ronaldo had at 21. Playing in a lesser league with less stars he has shone brightly - something neither Ronaldo or Messi did.

Benzema may not score 30 goals (though I think he will) but he will win titles for Real - he has a name to make and will do that.

Fergie should sign Huntelaar now.
Huntelaar is not all that - he obviously isn't as highly rated as you think. Besides, with RVN possibly leaving, Real might NOT sell him.

Higuain, Huntelaar, Benzema. shocked shocked

No wonder Barca offered Eto'o a new deal. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 11:01pm On Jul 01, 2009
debosky:

Rubbish - He's achieved more than Ronaldo had at 21. Playing in a lesser league with less stars he has shone brightly - something neither Ronaldo or Messi did.

What has he achieved at 21?
He played in a club that won 7 back to back TITLES. . . . .With or without Benzema, Lyon will always WIN.

Benzema may not score 30 goals (though I think he will) but he will win titles for Real - he has a name to make and will do that.
Huntelaar is not all that - he obviously isn't as highly rated as you think. Besides, with RVN possibly leaving, Real might NOT sell him.

Huntelaar is what Man Utd need. . . . . .
Benzema is a waste-pipe. . . . .What exactly did he do at Euro 2008?
Last season's UCL? Even against Nigeria, he was anonymous.
I don't give a rat's ass about him. . . . . .A fully fit SAHA is better than Karim.

Higuain, Huntelaar, Benzema. shocked shocked
No wonder Barca offered Eto'o a new deal. grin grin grin

Time will tell.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 11:04pm On Jul 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

What has he achieved at 21?
He played in a club that won 7 back to back TITLES. . . . .With or without Benzema, Lyon will always WIN.

Stories - he scored 31 goals to fire them to that title. . . .definitely not something to be sniffed at. cool

Huntelaar is what Man Utd need. . . . . .
Benzema is a waste-pipe. . . . .What exactly did he do at Euro 2008?
If benzema is a waste-pipe, Berbatov is the sewage treatment plant. grin grin grin

Last season's UCL? Even against Nigeria, he was anonymous.
Rubbish - we will see when he plays for a BIG club.

I don't give a rat's ass about him. . . . . .A fully fit SAHA is better than Karim.

Stop going back in the past - Get back to me when Saha scores 30 goals in ANY league. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 11:09pm On Jul 01, 2009
debosky:

Stories - he scored 31 goals to fire them to that title. . . .definitely not something to be sniffed at.  cool

31 goals in French Ligue is 18 EPL goals.
Do you really rate the French Ligue?? That league is a joke!!!

If benzema is a waste-pipe, Berbatov is the sewage treatment plant.  grin grin grin

How can you compare Berbatov to that small turd(Benzema).
Come on. . . . . .Levels dey na.

Rubbish - we will see when he plays for a BIG club.

All he's got is the potential. . . . . . .Just like David Bellion or Francis Jeffers. grin

Stop going back in the past - Get back to me when Saha scores 30 goals in ANY league.  grin grin

Stop wetting your undies, Debosky.
Benzema is nothing but an over-rated piece of plank.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 11:25pm On Jul 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

31 goals in French Ligue is 18 EPL goals.
Do you really rate the French Ligue?? That league is a joke!!!

Scoring 18 EPL goals at 21 for a side like Lyon is still impressive.

How can you compare Berbatov to that small turd(Benzema).
Come on. . . . . .Levels dey na.

No doubt - Berbatov is the BIG SHYTE. grin grin grin

All he's got is the potential. . . . . . .Just like David Bellion or Francis Jeffers. grin
Those two cats never scored 30 goals, neither did they win a league title. tongue

Stop wetting your undies, Debosky.
Benzema is nothing but an over-rated piece of plank.

I wager he's a better plank that Huntelaar - Benzema will blaze up La Liga come next season. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by manutd2: 11:35pm On Jul 01, 2009
what is your 5 most memorable united games
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 11:38pm On Jul 01, 2009
debosky:

I wager he's a better plank that Huntelaar - Benzema will blaze up La Liga come next season. cool

Not in a team that has Cristiano Ronaldo.
That is one player no team-mate can overshadow. . . . .He will take the penalty kicks. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by debosky(m): 11:40pm On Jul 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

Not in a team that has Cristiano Ronaldo.
That is one player no team-mate can overshadow. . . . .He will take the penalty kicks. grin
This isn't the fish pond of North England - this is the big league. cheesy

Ronaldo is just one fish out here - I just hope Pellegrini has the balls to marshal these guys into one performing unit.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Sauron1: 11:46pm On Jul 01, 2009
debosky:

This isn't the fish pond of North England - this is the big league. cheesy

I laugh in Swahili. . . . .Are we talking about Ronaldo(BPITW) or another Ronaldo?
Are you aware he refused to be unveiled with Kaka last night because he doesn't want anyone to steal his shine?
That boy is the most self-conscious player ever.

Ronaldo is just one fish out here - I just hope Pellegrini has the balls to marshal these guys into one performing unit.

Ronaldo is the biggest fish there. . . . .80 milla na beans?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by allboyz(m): 12:26am On Jul 02, 2009
With Kaka on the pitch and G.Raul. . .Cr7 will never take the penalties!!!

Madrid might not even win the La Liga next season but will do well in Europe atleast,they might get to the semis. . . .

Next season will be interesting!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by biina: 2:47am On Jul 02, 2009
Ronaldo is no longer the small fish in a tiny pond in manchester, he is now with the big boys in the biggest club, where being WOPY is not a license to celebrity status (unlike at ManU where dey never see am before cheesy)
There is no way he is going to be the center of attraction at Madrid. If any body is, it is going to be Kaka.
Kaka was Perez's main signing, CR was essentially a Calderon project.
Madrid delayed the unveiling of Ronaldo to maximize the publicity and marketing returns from the Kaka unveiling, and was not a choice by Ronaldo.
If Ronaldo doesn't deliver, he will get benched, but I think he will be fine given the level of talent he would be playing with.
At madrid, 80 million na beans. Madrid has the top 4 record transfers!, while ManU most expensive signing is 10th placed berbasoft.

As to benzema, I like how all the manU fanboiz are now condemning him.
He is definitely expensive at 35M euros (dont think he is worth more than 25M at the moment, but thats is Aulas for you), but he is definitely a better buy than berbatov (the return of Kanoute), and has the potential to become a world class finisher. SAF was willing to pay much more for him than the 35M. So unless you think SAF is senile, Benzema is better than the current striking options at ManU (except rooney IMO)

Madrid might not win a single trophy next season, but I guarantee that everyone (including all the 'manu fans' who we know are closet madrid fans) will be watching us. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by dayokanu(m): 3:32am On Jul 02, 2009
nd apart from Ruud, no one has scored 20+ in his first season in England (I mean in recent time and I apply it to foreign imports).Huntelaar isn't even looking like he'll buk that trend,it still remains to be seen from him.
As for For

Bayern reject Roque Santa Cruz tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by dayokanu(m): 3:38am On Jul 02, 2009

how can a player that hasnt proven himself at the global stage be termed Galaticos ?

AT the last Euro cup too CR7 was a heap of cow dung
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by RuuDie(m): 7:18am On Jul 02, 2009
@ Biina,

just liken Kaka to ZInedine Zidane and CR7 to David Beckham. . . . . . . . He is the center of attraction anywhere - forget football, the man is now a global brand name! The bernabeu will be filled to the rafters when CR7 is being unveiled.
Madrid do not mnd this kind of media hype or attention as long as its profitable; UTD do - SAF always tries to keep the focus on football and nothing else.

In the case of Benzema, even you have noted that he is not worth the #35m price tag - what more is there to say!? There's no way in the world SAF would even consider splashing that amount for him.

Personally, IMHO. . . . . . . UTD do not need any big-name player - give us Huntelaar, Anelka or even worse Bendtner and see what we make of it!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by RuuDie(m): 7:27am On Jul 02, 2009
Obviously Hunteelaar isn't the best striking option out there for UTD; but the minimum requirement is a decent player. . . . any slightly above-average player - maybe not in the league of spectacular or fantastic but just good enough to fit in and deliver.

Why go for such a player Simple - there's little or no pressure on him to perform. . . . . he can settle down and play to the best of his abilities and improve; unlike big-money, high-profile buys that will always have a big chip on their shoulders trying to prove that they were worth all the hype and the huge price tag!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tocdee(m): 8:17am On Jul 02, 2009
There's a trend here: when Utd lost out on Ronaldinho, their fans declared him overated and a show-pony. We all know what happened soon after. Same thing happened after Fergie was turned down by Torres after a 3-year attempt to sign him; Utd fans claimed he wouldn't last in the EPL grin grin grin

Now its Benzema. Fergie had tracked the lad for two years and barely lost out yesterday and then these same fans are grateful they lost him! Don't say that to Fergie's face! Priceless! cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by Emperoh(m): 9:11am On Jul 02, 2009
Fergie pls sign Fabianooooooooooooooooo angry angry angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by tkb417(m): 9:20am On Jul 02, 2009
If benzema is a waste-pipe, Berbatov is the sewage treatment plant.

MINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! by dayokanu(m): 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2009
After Ruud in 2001, it was Torres in 2008 and nothing since then.
I don't expect Valencia to become Ronaldo overnight but why not buy someone who offers more in terms of goal-scoring and assists.
Ashley Young woulda been a better option.

Guffanti, Roque Santa Cruz. A bayern reject did it Scoring 22 goals in his debut season in England tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (100)

Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur:UCL Quarter Finals (4 -3) On 17th Apr. 2019 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 1) On 22nd August 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.