Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through (44389 Views)

What Did Someone Do On A First Date That Made You Know It's A NO!!!!? / I Did This To A Girl And She Never Came To My Place Again.. Am I Wrong?? / He Ran Away And Never Came Back After Our Wedding Introduction, Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by smartigo: 11:06am On Oct 24, 2015
Setaje:
There is this igbo man from anambra that wants to marry me. Nnewi to be precise. The guy speaks good yoruba and English. Offcourse he speaks igbo well. He is also doing well financially. Never stops talking about how proud he is off his igbo heritage. But Do u no what? grin

He attends cherubim and seraphim. A very strong member from birth. He doesn't joke wiv them. Infact he and his family are strong members. Just like don jazzy. He said so many of his kins men in lagos are secret members. So if I marry him, na white garment people go wear come my wedding. MBANU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! embarassed

grin grin grin truly, u no well. (pun not intended)

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by swaggprofessor(m): 11:11am On Oct 24, 2015
Drfinn:
Precisely, on 31st March, 2013 I asked my now ex to marry me. Not in some fancy restaurant, shopping mall or some heaven on earth theatrical setting. It was via a phone call. Surprisingly, we had never met in person! What madness!! Did she accept??

Love they say is like a butterfly, it perches wherever it wants. It's like a lion, it devours whoever that comes his way. How we fall in love at times is mysterious. We seldom have control in matters of the heart. This is how I felt the day I saw her picture carrying a child. Her little nephew. I love kids to a fault. In that split moment I told her how I wished it was our son she was carrying. That remark set aglow our hearts.

Initially, she doubted my sincerity. She had been hurt not once, twice but severally. Worse still she has a medical condition. A condition she erroneously thought will forever rob her of love. Hence her skepticism. Furthermore, my reputation with 'the ladies' on some social network we had met some years earlier was daunting. I had to prove my sincerity. I had to win her love.

As am typing this, my alarm just beeped! Its October 24th- the day I had slated for our introduction. Alas! It was never to be. Our love could not survive the divide. The 'hypocrisy' of the church has prevailed. I cannot believe am still hurting this bad. Maybe I was in a hurry to have ended it all. This is my story. Our story.

After the initial 'gragra' women exhibit we settled into a beautiful but distant relationship. She was based in Lagos, I in Port Harcourt. Days became weeks, and weeks months before our first physical encounter. I did first visit as a gent. We had wild fun!! Then came the moment of truth; a visit to her kit and kin to intimate them of my intention. Her brother-in law gave me his word. The only snag which was to destroy all we labored to build -the church! she is catholic, am protestant. She is Igbo am Ijaw.

True to his word, her brother-in law accompanied me to see her parents in her hometown- some community in Imo State. I was well received. Such a loving home. I made my intentions known with all seriousness. It's no child's play explaining while you consider a man's daughter worth more than other women to him. Thankfully, the son in-law gave me all the necessary support. However, convincing a retired teacher, a respected and unrepentant staunch catholic requires more than fancy words. I left that home with mixed feelings. Her father had plainly told me what mixed marriage entails. My wife and children will become 'properties of the catholic church'. It was non-negotiable.

I sought the advice of family members, and my pastor. All were of the opinion that her father's stance undermines my role as the head of our future family. Personally, I saw it as an 'indirect rule'. I enlisted one or two of her siblings, her mum inclusive to get her father to shift grounds. The old man wouldn't bulge. At my fiancee's suggestion I paid her uncle a scheduled visit. A Priest in some parish at Owerri. His stance was same as his elder brother's; convert to Catholicism or accept the terms of mixed marriage.

I was devastated. More so by my fiancee's shifting positions. Today she's all by my side, tomorrow she wants me to please her father. I saw it more as a character weakness than a woman drawn between love and the hands that fed her. Perhaps, it was a miscalculation on my part. She had her flaws. Mine was so glaring. But i found in her the woman of my dreams.

In the midst of this storm I had boldly gone ahead to fix today, October 24th my introduction day. I had called my Pastor to inform him, and a couple of family members. This decision was informed after my now ex had told me her siblings and other family members had prevailed on her father to soft pedal on his stance. He unbelievably agreed. So i thought. Until I made one more call!

The old man true to his principled nature remained unchanged. It was a blow too devastating to bear. I saw a relationship of over two years with countless sacrifices on both sides evaporate on the grounds of dogma. It hurts so bad to have met that special one only to realize you can not be with them for eternity. Should I have converted for love? That would have betrayed love itself. Love is without condition(s). Should I have settled for mixed marriage? Its unbearable! It's my responsible to provide both spiritual and physical nourishment for my future family.

So, it was only appropriate I let love go. If she finds her way back to me. I had be most fortunate not lucky. Fortune befriends the bold. A life of service to all humanity now beckons . It's a call I must answer. Who knows love maybe around the corner. Love knows no religious boundaries. Let's spread the glad tidings of ecumenism.
u r taking a stance and abiding to it bt yet u expect the ther to shift grounds abi?. continue to y your cry.........
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by anpaf: 11:11am On Oct 24, 2015
Religion is the greatest evil brought upon mankind by mankind himself. Even the Christians can't agree on the same version of their god. I have similar experience. Mine was that my Christian girlfriend left because I am atheist. She prefers dating her parish priest and his cook to dating a nonbelievers like.

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by modestdude(m): 11:12am On Oct 24, 2015
Mekky05:
Its the same way that Protestants/Pentecostal families issue out there own order! I have 1st hand experience and info about this stuff,so Op chin up and go look for a wife. You've opened up this thread for peeps who don't have "wisdom" to start insulting and bashing the Catholic church. The rate at which pentecostal churches breed hate and rage for Catholic leaves much to be desired!
Don't mind the intolerant hypocrites. That's how one came to a Catholic Church One Sunday during Holy Mass and had the guts to be distributing invitation flyers and handbills for one revival programme. He would have smelt a rod if we are radicals and had handled him roughly.

Programme your love to die instantly if and when you are non Catholic and meets a STAUNCH Catholic Lady, coz she will not shift grounds. Someone talked about Christian unity and I ask, where was that Unity when all these groups left the fold? They never gave that Unity a Chance and now want the "Victims" to give it a chance during marriage.

Some of the reasons Catholics cherish catholic marriages is due to the fact that they seldom collapses. The doctrine stands against Divorce @ every little provocation or irreconcilable differences as we have gotten used to hear. Also with reference to the Passion of Christ, the Catholic faith presents suffering and hard times as part of life and test of faith in God rather than seeing life as a bed full of roses. This helps Catholic marriages a lot to truly stand in poverty and in wealth, in health and in sickness till death really part the union.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by 0coded80: 11:13am On Oct 24, 2015
Lawsimon:
stop spreading lies, Catholic is never the first church. Were peter and paul who established many churches catholics. Abeg park well with this your dogmatism.
u can teach me my course. did u think am just talking without evidence. if u nid fact about how church emerge, p.m me, i will post d history 4 u
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Luckygurl(f): 11:19am On Oct 24, 2015
Setaje:
There is this igbo man from anambra that wants to marry me. Nnewi to be precise. The guy speaks good yoruba and English. Offcourse he speaks igbo well. He is also doing well financially. Never stops talking about how proud he is off his igbo heritage. But Do u no what? grin

He attends cherubim and seraphim. A very strong member from birth. He doesn't joke wiv them. Infact he and his family are strong members. Just like don jazzy. He said so many of his kins men in lagos are secret members. So if I marry him, na white garment people go wear come my wedding. MBANU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! embarassed

grin grin
I don't know why but I found myself LMAO after reading your comment...

4 Likes

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 24, 2015
Drfinn,I feel your pain.
I am from a staunch catholic home too,only daughter of my parents,from Anambra and a brother who is a seminarian,to be a priest anytime soon.
You can ask an Igbo person to know what it means to be an only daughter from Anambra. You are lucky she is from Imo as they don't really attach importance to tribe unlike most of my people (thou most have become flexible these days but it's really hard when you are the only daughter).
Despite my parents wish for me to marry a catholic,my mum will always say 'A man who converts to another denomination for a woman is not a real man,that means he is not incharge'.
To avoid making my parent's unhappy or marrying the wrong person just to please them or my mum calling my man a mumu,I went down on my knees in prayers,told God what I wanted....You can guess the rest.
So my dear,it's really difficult for catholics but in my case,I really wished to remain a catholic. If your girl is willing to convert but scared of her father that doesn't mean she loves you less. Remember what our elders will always tell us that our marriage will not be successful without our parents blessing. That is her fear,I believe. Just Pray!
Let God take control.

3 Likes

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by RuuDie(m): 11:21am On Oct 24, 2015
fammo:

What you can't take charge of before you marry, you will only cause problem with if you attempt to do it after d wedding ceremony....make your stand known on time

Before you marry, she doesn't "belong" to you; after you marry, she does!
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by sashaa(f): 11:23am On Oct 24, 2015
Drfinn:
Precisely, on 31st March, 2013 I asked my now ex to marry me. Not in some fancy restaurant, shopping mall or some heaven on earth theatrical setting. It was via a phone call. Surprisingly, we had never met in person! What madness!! Did she accept??

Love they say is like a butterfly, it perches wherever it wants. It's like a lion, it devours whoever that comes his way. How we fall in love at times is mysterious. We seldom have control in matters of the heart. This is how I felt the day I saw her picture carrying a child. Her little nephew. I love kids to a fault. In that split moment I told her how I wished it was our son she was carrying. That remark set aglow our hearts.

Initially, she doubted my sincerity. She had been hurt not once, twice but severally. Worse still she has a medical condition. A condition she erroneously thought will forever rob her of love. Hence her skepticism. Furthermore, my reputation with 'the ladies' on some social network we had met some years earlier was daunting. I had to prove my sincerity. I had to win her love.

As am typing this, my alarm just beeped! Its October 24th- the day I had slated for our introduction. Alas! It was never to be. Our love could not survive the divide. The 'hypocrisy' of the church has prevailed. I cannot believe am still hurting this bad. Maybe I was in a hurry to have ended it all. This is my story. Our story.

After the initial 'gragra' women exhibit we settled into a beautiful but distant relationship. She was based in Lagos, I in Port Harcourt. Days became weeks, and weeks months before our first physical encounter. I did first visit as a gent. We had wild fun!! Then came the moment of truth; a visit to her kit and kin to intimate them of my intention. Her brother-in law gave me his word. The only snag which was to destroy all we labored to build -the church! she is catholic, am protestant. She is Igbo am Ijaw.

True to his word, her brother-in law accompanied me to see her parents in her hometown- some community in Imo State. I was well received. Such a loving home. I made my intentions known with all seriousness. It's no child's play explaining while you consider a man's daughter worth more than other women to him. Thankfully, the son in-law gave me all the necessary support. However, convincing a retired teacher, a respected and unrepentant staunch catholic requires more than fancy words. I left that home with mixed feelings. Her father had plainly told me what mixed marriage entails. My wife and children will become 'properties of the catholic church'. It was non-negotiable.

I sought the advice of family members, and my pastor. All were of the opinion that her father's stance undermines my role as the head of our future family. Personally, I saw it as an 'indirect rule'. I enlisted one or two of her siblings, her mum inclusive to get her father to shift grounds. The old man wouldn't bulge. At my fiancee's suggestion I paid her uncle a scheduled visit. A Priest in some parish at Owerri. His stance was same as his elder brother's; convert to Catholicism or accept the terms of mixed marriage.

I was devastated. More so by my fiancee's shifting positions. Today she's all by my side, tomorrow she wants me to please her father. I saw it more as a character weakness than a woman drawn between love and the hands that fed her. Perhaps, it was a miscalculation on my part. She had her flaws. Mine was so glaring. But i found in her the woman of my dreams.

In the midst of this storm I had boldly gone ahead to fix today, October 24th my introduction day. I had called my Pastor to inform him, and a couple of family members. This decision was informed after my now ex had told me her siblings and other family members had prevailed on her father to soft pedal on his stance. He unbelievably agreed. So i thought. Until I made one more call!

The old man true to his principled nature remained unchanged. It was a blow too devastating to bear. I saw a relationship of over two years with countless sacrifices on both sides evaporate on the grounds of dogma. It hurts so bad to have met that special one only to realize you can not be with them for eternity. Should I have converted for love? That would have betrayed love itself. Love is without condition(s). Should I have settled for mixed marriage? Its unbearable! It's my responsible to provide both spiritual and physical nourishment for my future family.

So, it was only appropriate I let love go. If she finds her way back to me. I had be most fortunate not lucky. Fortune befriends the bold. A life of service to all humanity now beckons . It's a call I must answer. Who knows love maybe around the corner. Love knows no religious boundaries. Let's spread the glad tidings of ecumenism.
You write so beautifully. You will find love again

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Setaje(f): 11:24am On Oct 24, 2015
Luckygurl:

grin grin
I don't know why but I found myself LMAO after reading your comment...

Hehhehehehhe. Am sure its the thought of an igbo man wearing white garment ba? From the look of things, He is not living that church. I would automatically go and buy white garment to. Hiaaaaaaaan
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Drfinn: 11:24am On Oct 24, 2015
wagzyl:
Dear OP, don't know if you will get to read this. If the woman in question is the woman of your dreams as you claim, please go back to her, shift grounds and make it work. 99% of guys out there and in this forum may not agree with this and say it is a stupid thing to do, you're not man enough, you're being controlled, blah blah blah........ My brother, you will be surprised how much authority wives, sisters, brothers, parents, etc wield in the lives of those advising you to be "man" enough. it's easy to advise others and play God. In all honesty, I have had fixed dates for introduction and marriage dashed! Was supposed to be married on my birthday, October 2 this year!!!! My Dad changed his faith and joined my mum in the Catholic Church. Don't make a big deal out of this I beg you in God's name. Shift your ground, make things work with the love of your life, shun all those discouragement. No one can ever Control your home on account of your change of faith. They'll rather respect you more and your wife n children will ever cherish you for the length you went to bring them to life. I'm a living testimony.

Dear Wagzy,
Thanks for your advice. However, it will amount to an act of betray should I accept the old man's terms. furthermore, I me relay an incident.

During one of her visits she had complained of how 'boring' my church service was. She longed to fellowship in the Catholic Church. I obliged on a Sunday. The emptiness I felt that day can't be expressed. Not surprisingly she felt same. That incident got me thinking deeply.

You must understand that religion defies logic. You can't be logical and religious on the same plane. I have always seen myself as a liberal Christian. Perhaps, I need search a little deeper. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by modestdude(m): 11:25am On Oct 24, 2015
[quote author=george4CHRIST post=39306028]If she is truly your wife, she will come back to you. Before I got married my wife was a stunch Catholic while me a pentecostal. But she agreed to follow my own religion. So I believe love conquered everything. I don't think she was a Staunch Catholic bro. No offence meant.

Was she a legionary, an altar girl, a Chorister, a Charismatic, a devotee of the Blessed Sacrament, a Lector, the Divine Mercy devotee, Confraternity of the body and blood devotee? Now that's what it means to be a STAUNCH catholic not just being a communicant
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by chee3078: 11:28am On Oct 24, 2015
gamaliel121:
Am soo sorry bro..its really painful man.
If I was you, I'll do the marriage the catholic way and get the love of my life first.( Afterall it's the same God we serve). Then when I take her home, I can do whatever I want and they have to follow.
All this dogmas and traditions and shiiit..
My friends elder bro wanted to marry this girl, he's being with her for 3 years and there were soo into each other, but when the time came, her parents refused. You know why? Because the elder sister had not married so she has to wait for the elder sister to marry first. Lol
my goodness
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Mpanyi: 11:29am On Oct 24, 2015
Op, it's a pity. Issues with love are very difficult to deal with, at times very difficult to let go. But on the other hand, you love her because she was probably good mannered. One thing you can't take away from many catholic girls is that many of them appear worldly but are really godly at the same time. The church (catholic church) is a mother that inculcates good morals into her children. Have ever you been to confessional to confess your sin and hear the priest chastise or advise you? A good catholic knows he or she can't get this and similar stuff outside catholic. So see reason with her

2 Likes

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by DWJOBScom(m): 11:29am On Oct 24, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

pls God had nothing to do with your extreme myopia and close mindedness......... just look at the nónsense you wrote up there and you want to say God made that happen?

"Giving up my faith"...... WTF!!!??

So the girl you were dating wasn't a true Christian like you abi?
since she is not Catholic.

if that is what your church teaches you, then you're just a brainwashed ídiot.

i promise never to cross you man
you too dangerous man
a brother once hurt and found someone who is hurting and called and you came after him! that's deep man

******honestly i agree with you on the brainwashed $$$$$ thank you
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 24, 2015
collyno1985:

Hahaha hahaha....... walai....,
I like u jare...
But me i be confirm catholic ooooOooo

No wahala grin
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by fammo: 11:38am On Oct 24, 2015
RuuDie:

Before you marry, she doesn't "belong" to you; after you marry, she does!
A woman who can't practice total submission as required b4 marriage will hardly do when you finally are together. This is the problem of many marriages in the world, accepting certain characters and conditions from a spouse before marriage even though you don't like them thinking you can change them when you finally tie the knot. Don't make the mistake of falling for such! The house of unhappiness, strife, quarrels it leads to, where divorce is the next door neighbour....A car dat didn't run 200km/h for you b4 you bought it won't do so after cash exchange hands! cheers
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by joba78: 11:38am On Oct 24, 2015
[/quote][quote author=Hannysmilez post=39299249]since you are not a Christian, you can't understand
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by modestdude(m): 11:40am On Oct 24, 2015
george4CHRIST:
If she is truly your wife, she will come back to you. Before I got married my wife was a stunch Catholic while me a pentecostal. But she agreed to follow my own religion. So I believe love conquered everything.
I don't think she was a Staunch Catholic bro. No offence meant.

Was she a legionary, an altar girl, a Chorister, a Charismatic, a devotee of the Blessed Sacrament, a Lector, Sacred heart of Jesus and IHM devotee, the Divine Mercy devotee, Block Rosary devotee, Confraternity of the body and blood devotee? Now that's what it means to be a STAUNCH catholic not just being a communicant

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by chinchum(m): 11:41am On Oct 24, 2015
I doubt if this shiit happens with Yoruba Christians, the op is from ss and partner from se.
Yoruba's have to reasonable extent won the religious divide war talkless of denomination war.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by crackhouse(m): 11:42am On Oct 24, 2015
The same happened to my younger sis after the man have spent more than 1year visiting my parents for their approval. The man is Anglican while my sis is catholic, condition was given to him that my sis will continue with his catholic faith and he accepted but before the traditional and white wedding the man converted and was welcomed in the catholic church and he even received holy communion on their wedding day and he is still catholic till date. As u can see it's good for one person to convert so as to live together happily after. it depend on u guys to know who will convert but if u like the girl so much u can convert it's no big deal.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by nasha1(f): 11:43am On Oct 24, 2015
miszeno:
Mcheewww undecided na girl wey Neva reach 30 dey consider whether u be Catholic or penti, my aunt who is a staunch Catholic married a winner member at age 31,she for nor gree na, make the God of shiloh perform miracle.
Bros she was Neva your s

grin grin grin grin u are funny.it's the truth,by the time age come knock,nobody go tell am.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Ricswagger: 11:44am On Oct 24, 2015
Cutehector:
I thought we are christains...

Why the segregation? Chei wat the lord will judge on d judgement day no be here....

do not be unequally yoked
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Lancier(m): 11:47am On Oct 24, 2015
Drfinn:

Dear Wagzy,
Thanks for your advice. However, it will amount to an act of betray should I accept the old man's terms. furthermore, I me relay an incident.

During one of her visits she had complained of how 'boring' my church service was. She longed to fellowship in the Catholic Church. I obliged on a Sunday. The emptiness I felt that day can't be expressed. Not surprisingly she felt same. That incident got me thinking deeply.

You must understand that religion defies logic. You can't be logical and religious on the same plane. I have always seen myself as a liberal Christian. Perhaps, I need search a little deeper. Thanks.

Please pick up a copy of Volume 1 of the Grail Message. Read objectively with an open mind and you will get answers to your questions therein.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by jabojafa(m): 11:49am On Oct 24, 2015
Pidggin:
Bros, you for just change your church na. Now see how you've let a good woman go. It's obvious you love her because you know her worth, you will not be the first man to change Church for your potential wife, don't mind some people here lying to you.
my dear, a man is d spiritual head of his home. He is d pastor of his huz. How do u expect him to change church? It is d woman dt normally gives up evrytin for d man. Rememba d Op wz given two option to either change to catholic or he wud allow his wife n kids to be goin to catholic church. Bt he chose none. Some ppl wud hv pretended to accept d latter n afta d wedding he wud tell his wife no more catholic church in his huz.

1 Like

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Cutehector(m): 11:50am On Oct 24, 2015
Ricswagger:

do not be unequally yoked
lol let's leave d bible out of this... This is marriage we talkn abt.. U hav someone who u knw u'l be happy living with for the rest of ur life, I dnt see any reason why religion should be a barrier in marryin dat person...
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by nasha1(f): 11:51am On Oct 24, 2015
Drfinn:

Thanks bro. Its good knowing someone had been in my shoes before. I had my reservations when she told she was catholic. I specifically sought counsel from my Pastor. He gave me the go ahead. In his reasoning, marriage should be based not on religious affiliation but on compatibility, and the ability of both parties to compromise. You can imagine the nightmares when things started unfolding. I had 'abstained' from committed relationships for a year plus with the hope anyone I go into will end in marriage.

I have moved on. But the scars?? Time heal all wounds.

You will be fine.I went trough something really hurtful too but i am glad i have moved on.Time will surely heal your wounds.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by rukkyland(m): 11:56am On Oct 24, 2015
There will be a lot of surprises on the last day.
#people just intentionally sell out their happiness for one religious doctrines proposed by man#

#so much confusion in the christiandom#
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by maryhaam(f): 11:59am On Oct 24, 2015
Cutehector:
I thought we are christains...

Why the segregation? Chei wat the lord will judge on d judgement day no be here....
now am lost too,i know catholic even thou am a muslim but protestant or what,please explain.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by JuanDeDios: 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
Drfinn:
Her father had plainly told me what mixed marriage entails. My wife and children will become 'properties of the catholic church'. It was non-negotiable.
Poor folks stuck in the old ways of doing things and carrying religions they don't even understand on their heads. Truth is: no human being owns another human being. Her father has no right to determine the religious affiliation of her adult child or his grandchildren. So if his daughter converts to Islam to or disowns the church he will commit harakiri? Yeye. The younger generation better start putting these old men where they belong.
Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by Mcbussy(m): 12:05pm On Oct 24, 2015
Drfinn:

Dear Wagzy,

Bro, I beg you in the name of God, do not follow that man's advice... This religion of a thing can be so bias. It is only God that knows His true servants.

I am a social worker and I can recall a case where a wife dragged her husband to Counsellors at a ministry. She was Catholic and planning to separate from her husband. She laid all sorts of allegations on this man as her reasons for opting for separation. We had no choice but to send a letter of invitation to her husband. He showed up and said his own part of the story. He was not a Catholic when he married her, but he had to become a Catholic and sign some documents when he married her. After having 3 children years later, he chose to change church and this led to his inlaws' disapproval. His wife's sister who happens to be a nun and some other members of her family plagued the marriage, forcing his wife to agree to separate from him.

If I continue all d twists in the story, u'll get tired of reading. So to cut the long story short, the law gave the woman custody of the children because of their young age. The man was only granted access to visit them. It would be like that until the family decides to come back together or if the children are old enuf to decide who they want to live with.

My mother was Catholic, my father wasn't, yet they got married without such disputes. I wonder why our generation that ought to be more enlightened, more educated, more rational and logical still allow this extent of religious bias. Love should never come with conditions.

2 Likes

Re: October 24th: My Introduction Date That Never Came Through by daveP(m): 12:07pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hmm, the Catholics church and this stance is becoming extremely worrisome and burdensome.

So if im no catholic, im an unbeliever?

(jots a thing or two)
Naijaboiy permit me to use your smiley-
undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ladies, What Was Your "Coming-of-age" List Of Qualities In A Man? What Changed? / Man Caught Lady He Trained In School For 7 Years In A Church With Another Man / How A 15-Year-Old Girl Humbled Me On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.