Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,142 members, 7,811,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake (65839 Views)

Lady Shares Before & After Photos With Her Dad After He Graduated With Masters / Beautiful Lady Who Graduated With Third Class Shares Her Touching Story (Photos) / Medical Students To Spend 11 Years In Varsity − NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Simitrendy: 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
Akosxxx:
reminds me of the pic - when the witches & wizards from your village follows u to the city.

DiarizGod oo

grin
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
This is bad...
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by tirith(m): 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
After 11years? I hope he is in a place career wise where 2.2 or 2.1 is insignificant to his prospect
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
3.47 vs 3.52?

One would think that a candidate that had 3.47 was 'fighting' to make a second class upper. As such, he should not only be calculating his CGPA in his head but knew what scores from many courses would tilt the balance. Many students, in your shoes, would discover this 'error' even before convocation.

Have you ruled out a possibility that a typist transferring your grades had not mistaken 74 for 47 somewhere?

2 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by tosyne2much(m): 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
It happened to ur friend.. Hmmmm !

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by kinibigdeal(m): 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
It will be tough seriously...
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Laredojohn(m): 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:
We need help. My friend graduated 11yeras ago with 2:2 (CGPA : 3.47). He ordered for his transcript few months ago for his MBA programm and discovered that the school made a mistake. When we recalculate the scores we discovered that the correct CGPA is 3.52 which is second class upper.

Good people of nairaland, kindly advise us on what to do.

Is there anybody that experience this in the past?

Can we still correct this ?

If yes, kindly give us the best step to take please.
He should write officially to the school, copying his faculty, department, records office, the vc, the dvc academics and research, attaching copies of the transcript, he should as well put his contacts, email, phone number on the letters. Sure it will b looked into and corrected, has same but mine was when I went for my certificate @unilag, 2.2 was stated instead of 2.1, I rejected it immediately, and it was re issues months after.

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by joseph1832(m): 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
Easier said than done. He should go back to his department and lodge a formal complaint. It will be looked into from there. Plain and simple.

2 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Rennerglo: 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:
We need help. My friend graduated 11yeras ago with 2:2 (CGPA : 3.47). He ordered for his transcript few months ago for his MBA programm and discovered that the school made a mistake. When we recalculate the scores we discovered that the correct CGPA is 3.52 which is second class upper.

involve a lawyer and sue the school because this wrong qualification must have cost him alot of job opportunities

4 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by ilerry007(m): 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
Do the needful
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by tosyne2much(m): 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
Akosxxx:
reminds me of the pic - when the witches & wizards from your village follows u to the city.

DiarizGod oo
cheesy
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Johnnoo(m): 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:

We know that people like you will put mouth to discourage us.

You get mouth to talk Why not start by asking your friend why hadn't he been calculating his CGPA during his time in school undecided
Man why not forget the 2.1 and move on, 11yrs after graduation is a whole lot of time. I don't even know how my degree certificate looks like after my 11yrs of graduation...

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by neweraomo: 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
Cos u don't have job since 11 years back. Attention seeker.... Now u gorrit
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Jimy66(m): 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
Make a. Case with d skul
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by tosyne2much(m): 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
Fraih:
Wow, 11 years, thats a very long time, a lotta things woulda changed in his department and senate, But then, Impossible is nothing. ..
I think we think along the same direction cool

2 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
Fight 4 ya right sire, if I were u that's what I'll do.

If I search tru my late dad's files; that graduated more dan 40 yrs ago, and discover this; I'll seek redress...

It's better to try; than not to try @ all

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by mildflame: 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
This is how institutions mess up peoples life, honestly if I were you I will SUE them big time.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by abbey621(m): 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
Your friend is at best an ignorant fellow and at worst delusional! You fed us with bits of info. and expect us to offer sound advice, impossible! Post the transcript with all the scores and we will recalculate it for you, only then can we continue otherwise you are on your own!

5 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by neocortex: 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:

How did you calculate it ?
I am asking this because the department reserves the right to
calculate your cgpa using the courses they prefer i.e elective
or mandatory except your school calculates with all the courses
which is unlikely.

4 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by funum(m): 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
adrelanine:

Why u catch me like this na?

Haba

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by meforyou1(m): 3:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
Op, your friend should write to the Registrar of the University immediately and attach photocopy of the transcript.
He should also go and make enquiries. Because he is not supposed to have access to the transcript in the first place. Transcripts are usually sent to universities the applicant request for directly.
He should write now.
And he needs to engage a lawyer.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by talk2riel: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
How did your manage to see the transcript, transcript are supposed to be official document between institutions. Even if your friend decide to take up the case the school will try and cover up their mistake
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by emmanuel596(m): 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
Voluntiare to help BH bomb the school
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by banio: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
It happened to a friend of mine. It was corrected after it was discovered 5 years after his graduation. Nothing new. Nothing strange

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by akman(m): 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
Sue the school. That is the only sane thing to so
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by meforyou1(m): 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
neocortex:

How did you calculate it ?
I am asking this because the department reserves the right to
calculate your cgpa using the courses they prefer.
they calculated what was presented on the transcript which is the final copy
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by 151487made(m): 3:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
Na inside wwhich film e take happen
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by goshen26: 3:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
Go for it ooo.

Let him be sure of this, get a sound lawyer too, sue the school for damages too, they have to pay for damages....
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by meforyou1(m): 3:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
akman:
Sue the school. That is the only sane thing to so
it's not that easy o. You are not even supposed to have access to your transcript in the first place. They should rather write
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by baggins6535: 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Sappyman(m): 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2015
This is an example of when your village people follow you to school. 11 years nor bi moimoioo. Bros, take it easy but blame it solely on your village people who were watching over you while in school. Take heart.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Stop Laminating Certificates! / Aliko Dangote's Daughter Graduates From Coventry University (Photos) / Lagos Explosion: Bethlehem Girls College In Ruins, Students Being Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.