Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake (65866 Views)

Lady Shares Before & After Photos With Her Dad After He Graduated With Masters / Beautiful Lady Who Graduated With Third Class Shares Her Touching Story (Photos) / Medical Students To Spend 11 Years In Varsity − NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by damton(m): 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
I do not profess any religion that is why I am coming to you as an expert so you ca pray for Nigeria to get light
.it's pointless to continue this conversation since you are atheist. No wonder you comment the way you did.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by omonnakoda: 5:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
damton:
.it's pointless to continue this conversation since you are atheist. No wonder you comment the way you did.
So you do not pray for atheists?
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by mastech1(m): 5:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
1. Make sure u cal. Cgpa not gpa. I.e all points frm yr1 to final yr divided by total units. Taking co courses into consederation with ur sch rules on it. 2. If u are 100% sure om ur claim then start with ur department and wright letter to ur tru ur dept. to exam m record, faculty and zenity. 3. If they are trying to play u just get a lawyer to take it up with them ds is because if u are not careful it may affect ur chance to do d MBA cos dr is contradivtion already.

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
When it happened to me, I requested for my Statement of Result. Through that the school authority discovered the error, and reissued the correct certificate.

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by megainvest: 5:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
I wonder what the victim was doing all the while. While in school, I personally calculated my GPA every semester. I even had to project what scores I needed to make in the next semester up till my final year. I wasn't going to let any errors rob me of my sweat.This is a lesson for all students to learn from. I believe the most diligent students who will come out tops, will definitely do a similar thing to what I did.

Anyway, that is past. I think the error is still resolvable since it is not the victim's fault. So let him pick himself up and go back to the school for correction. I will advise in addition that he gets a lawyer to support him in this case. He will definitely win the case.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by crowther15(m): 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
HungerBAD:

US?

So now that we know it's you.

You can actually take it back to the School, to the Exams and Records to be specific.

If you are correct.

They will then forward it to your former department, who in turn will correct their records. And then forward it back to the Senate of the University for correction.

After corrections , the Senate will approve a new result/certificate for you.

Before you leave the School, make sure you reconfirm from the Exams and Records that it has been corrected in their section.

Goodluck.
na ui we de?
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by SpeedyConnect(m): 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
neocortex:

How did you calculate it ? I am asking this because the department reserves the right to calculate your cgpa using the courses they prefer i.e elective or mandatory except your school calculates with all the courses which is unlikely.
And which school selects courses to calculate CGPA with?

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by damton(m): 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
So you do not pray for atheists?
. you see, prayer is about belief, once there is no faith , I don't know how it will work.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by omonnakoda: 5:29pm On Oct 25, 2015
damton:
. you see, prayer is about belief, once there is no faith , I don't know how it will work.
So you don't believe Nigeria can have electricity? OK
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Georgeray: 5:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
Is possible they can still change it! it has happened to me before when about to receive my statement of result i discovered that it was 2.2 while in my breakdown it was 2.1, immediately i showed it to then it was reversed with in 20min, they even begged me not to allow the school authority to knw because it was the school admin mistake.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by neocortex: 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
SpeedyConnect:

And which school selects courses to calculate CGPA with?

I know of UNIBEN.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by IYANGBALI: 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2015
Make I go check and calculate my own too wey dem give me pass,if it be say na mistake dem take give me pass instead of 2.1
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by IYANGBALI: 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
neocortex:

I know of UNIBEN.
me I know of UNIPETROL
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by ademusiwa5: 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by amirez(m): 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
This is a case of inefficiency n negligence on the part of the school management, which might warrant you taking legal actions on the management and academic board of the school. On the other hand in my own opinion, I will advice you take it up with the school for the result to be effected, because if reverse was the case the school senate will not hesitate to withdraw you 2.1 n issue your 2.2 and render an hypocritic apology with it. Am a graduate of AAU and dis kind of errors r nt new to graduates from there as there is run a mannual system of result computation.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by neocortex: 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2015
IYANGBALI:
me I know of UNIPETROL

Which school is that ?
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by espn(m): 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2015
Kingbilo:

Actually in some countries you can't.. It's called statute of limitations..
dis is Nigeria..
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by xammy(m): 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2015
HungerBAD:
There is a reason there is a word in LAGOS called "ONE CHANCE"

And just in case he does not get the message, there is a movie called "GONE WITH THE WIND"

Meaning his result has entered ONE CHANCE which has GONE WITH THE WIND.

Get your lawyer to write the school
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by IYANGBALI: 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
neocortex:

Which school is that ?
one higher institution in Awka Anambra state
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by telad(m): 5:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
To all those saying go to the school, i'm sorry because I don't think anything can be done.

While the Op was in final year (2nd semester), I'm sure your course adviser cane to your class or contact each person to come and verify their CGPA to correct any error.
Once you verify, there is a space where u signed showing that you affirm the CGPA. That is what the school can use against you if you decide to go legal.

A friend of mine back then didn't check on time, they computed a carry over for him, before he could rectify it, he was unable to go to service with us.

You can try your luck sha, may God help you. It's a lesson to those in school to always contact their course adviser, it will save a lot of stress. Sometimes he might even advise you not to take some stubborn lecturers electives.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by neocortex: 5:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
IYANGBALI:
one higher institution in Awka Anambra state
Hope it is not one of those the NUC recently delisted ?
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by oribi(m): 5:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
write a protest letter to the register of your school
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by IYANGBALI: 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
neocortex:

Hope it is not one of those the NUC recently delisted ?
not at all
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Eaganguolly(m): 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
Well, is not late but the first step is to get the computation method from that university. U can then compute yours and attach the standard computation method from the uni and write a letter indicating an error in result computation and forward to the deputy registrar exams and records. You take it up from there.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
This is serious o, after 11years and he must have been working and collecting sallary of 2:2 instead of 2:1 well may b u should try ur luck get a lawyer to make explanation on ur behalf to the skol senate
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by crackhouse(m): 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:
We need help. My friend graduated 11yeras ago with 2:2 (CGPA : 3.47). He ordered for his transcript few months ago for his MBA programm and discovered that the school made a mistake. When we recalculate the scores we discovered that the correct CGPA is 3.52 which is second class upper.

Good people of nairaland, kindly advise us on what to do.

Is there anybody that experience this in the past?

Can we still correct this ?

If yes, kindly give us the best step to take please.
i had such experience too but i did nothing about it because in my own case it will still be the same grade so there is no need to bring up the issue. Mine is a difference of 0.6.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by 3rdlegxxx(m): 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
hmmmm
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2015
ANBAKO:
What the heck!!!!. Please get it corrected first and make it official and so on.

After that sue their motherfcuking axx!!!! The VC, Registrar, DVC, Chancellor, pro-chancellor, deputy Registrar and slam on them 500million Naira damage for all you have missed due to their error.
Good luck in your quest for better future

Funny but sensible!

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Thespecialone(m): 6:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
Speak to a lawyer and possibly have him/her write the school and take it up from there.

Advice to others

If you are still a student ensure you have a copy of your sessional results and calculate your GPA yourself and if it does tally with the final GPA, you can make a strong case.

If the op had done this, I'm sure he would have realized this soon enough.

There's a story of a guy here who was wrongly classified as 2.2 but based on his own calculation, itbwas 2.1, with the evidence he had, he made a strong case and it was rectified.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Kingbilo(m): 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
espn:
dis is Nigeria..

Even in Nigeria.
On land is 20 years
Contract is 8 or 12 years
Rape is 6 months
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
Go for it, it can be corrected. If they try anything stupid, get the lawyers involved and even ask for compensation due to juicy jobs u might have lost as a result of the grade.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 25, 2015
megainvest:
I wonder what the victim was doing all the while. While in school, I personally calculated my GPA every semester. I even had to project what scores I needed to make in the next semester up till my final year. I wasn't going to let any errors rob me of my sweat.This is a lesson for all students to learn from. I believe the most diligent students who will come out tops, will definitely do a similar thing to what I did.

Anyway, that is past. I think the error is still resolvable since it is not the victim's fault. So let him pick himself up and go back to the school for correction. I will advise in addition that he gets a lawyer to support him in this case. He will definitely win the case.

I did alotta projections too. Courses I can afford a C and courses I must have an A or atleast a B to still stay afloat. I think it helped because I graduated top 5

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote's Daughter Graduates From Coventry University (Photos) / Stop Laminating Certificates! / Lagos Explosion: Bethlehem Girls College In Ruins, Students Being Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.