Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake (65844 Views)

Lady Shares Before & After Photos With Her Dad After He Graduated With Masters / Beautiful Lady Who Graduated With Third Class Shares Her Touching Story (Photos) / Medical Students To Spend 11 Years In Varsity − NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by banio: 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
talk2riel:
How did u manage to see the transcript

Very funny. So in Nigeria, U won't monitor ur stuff, then U die well. Assuming U are sending Ur transcript to America and U did not bother and the school sends the wrong transcript or even worse the school does not send ur transcript. My friend it's ur duty to monitor ur stuff

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by indoorlove(m): 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
someone that graduated 11 years ago is still doing boyfriends?

2 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by neocortex: 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
meforyou1:
they calculated what was presented on the transcript which is the final copy

Everything is presented on the transcript i.e core, mandatory or elective,
it doesn't mean that they were used to calculate your cgpa.

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by 9jaboi8701(m): 4:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
frankwells:
K,the mod that banned me for 2weeks,receive d spirit of forgiveness Colossians3:13

Guy na soo all of these mod for Nairaland dey do o. Body just dey pepper them. Imagine Lala ban me just coz he post thread without emphasing on what he posted. I added my own contribution and get more likes than him na him ban me for just no reason. Oga Seun hmmmnmmmmm
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by mrhipup(m): 4:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
Hmmm
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by meforyou1(m): 4:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
Fraih:
Wow, 11 years, thats a very long time, a lotta things woulda changed in his department and senate, But then, Impossible is nothing. ..
doesn't matter one bit. The records are still there.
When I requested for my transcript 5 years ago, they gave me to photocopy it before they sealed it and sent it to the university I requested for.
Things changed. My school ID number was slightly modified to the new concept of ID cards they had then. my department name changed. My local govt name changed. But the records are the same. Intact.

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
Old things have passed away, and let the MBA become new! undecided
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Gr8amechi: 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
maryhaam:
If they can call people back from nysc or labour market for wrong or fake certificate,brother do the needfull.
excellent response

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by adrelanine: 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
IamMissMarvel:

Why u catch me like this na?

Haba
I need to dear.. It was unavoidable. grin
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by phillipay: 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
Yeah there's something he can do...He should just go to God or anything he worships and tell them to punish whoever did that to him.....DAMN 11 years of torture
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
adrelanine:

I need to dear.. It was unavoidable. grin

Clown.

grin

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by slap1(m): 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
It depends on the school and how accessible the relevant authorities are. In a school like ABSU, it may take another eleven years to rectify the situation. So many things are involved, but I will move on, if you ask me.

2 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by meforyou1(m): 4:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
banio:

Very funny. So in Nigeria, U won't monitor ur stuff, then U die well. Assuming U are sending Ur transcript to America and U did not bother and the school sends the wrong transcript or even worse the school does not send ur transcript. My friend it's ur duty to monitor ur stuff
not in nigeria o. In FUTMINNA, u state the university that it should be sent to, prices of delivery are stared. They send it to the university direct.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Swker(m): 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2015
It's not gone, my only advice is if u have the strength you can sue the school if not just notify them for proper change.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by meforyou1(m): 4:08pm On Oct 25, 2015
neocortex:

Everything is presented on the transcript i.e core, mandatory or elective,
it doesn't mean that they were used to calculate your cgpa.
everything presented on the transcript is used to calculate CGPA
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by defemidefemi(m): 4:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:

Is there anybody that experience this in the past?

Can we still correct this ?

If yes, kindly give us the best step to take please.
to me is a good course of action in d court, get a gud lawyer and sue the sch, faculty and departm 4 negligence. it's time to get ur school fees back in multiple fold under d name damages. but u need a sound lawyer not a green wig dat will lose ur case from technicality aspect. it's in d action ur lawyer will also ask d court to order for new certificate from d sch. but if u're not interested in court action approach ur school Senate and department 4 correction but don't ever give back to dem d transcript u av wit u else... may God help u.

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Elegantdiva: 4:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
Op must av graduated from my school.l where ssce holders(Rev sis) checkmate markingschm and results published by proffx
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by ikubch(m): 4:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:
We need help. My friend graduated 11yeras ago with 2:2 (CGPA : 3.47). He ordered for his transcript few months ago for his MBA programm and discovered that the school made a mistake. When we recalculate the scores we discovered that the correct CGPA is 3.52 which is second class upper.

Good people of nairaland, kindly advise us on what to do.

Don't go to the department but to DVC academics. Write a letter detailing the observation.just to make it official. Don't go with mouth alone but a written letter. Inform a lawyer for final advice and don't be confrontational.

2 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Ade5(m): 4:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
One question, what prompted the need to re-calculate?

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by neocortex: 4:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
meforyou1:
everything presented on the transcript is used to calculate CGPA

What school are you referencing ?
All the transcripts I have come across list ALL the courses including those
not used for cgpa calculation.
The aim of transcript is to show all the courses a student offered while in school.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by DICKtator: 4:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:
We need help. My friend graduated 11yeras ago with 2:2 (CGPA : 3.47). He ordered for his transcript few months ago for his MBA programm and discovered that the school made a mistake. When we recalculate the scores we discovered that the correct CGPA is 3.52 which is second class upper.

The school ought to rectify this and if they insist they wouldn't,seek redress

Ensure you get a competent lawyer that can identify loopholes in the terms and conditions , Constitution and what have you of the school.

It must have had an impact on his ability to secure a job(obviously) so there is a reason to seek redress

grin grin grin grin
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Ade5(m): 4:14pm On Oct 25, 2015
One question, what prompted the need to re-calculate? @ Godsate
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by sexyjob(m): 4:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
bayooooooo:
3.47 vs 3.52?

One would think that a candidate that had 3.47 was 'fighting' to make a second class upper. As such, he should not only be calculating his CGPA in his head but knew what scores from many courses would tilt the balance. Many students, in your shoes, would discover this 'error' even before convocation.

Have you ruled out a possibility that a typist transferring your grades had not mistaken 74 for 47 somewhere?
My thought, when we were in school our CGPA was dynamic in our head. We could recite our grades and scores. I remember vividly how I used to project the grades I had to get in final year from my penultimate year to graduate with a first class.

3 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Etizz: 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
Of course it can be change, u follow due process, enough formalities, from letters of complaints to official visit to the school exams and record.... It will only take some time...

2 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Kingbilo(m): 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
espn:
Fight for ur right..d poster above me is trying to say if a criminal evade justice 11yrs ago he cannot be tried again..nonsense..

Actually in some countries you can't.. It's called statute of limitations..

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:

Just sue them.. They will remember how to reduce but very difficult to add half score for someone. Get your complete evidence and sue them for damages. Don't forget to get a written note from the Attorney.

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by nwadiuko1(m): 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:

God bless you
you. I mean your friend can actually institute a legal action against the school
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by abimic(m): 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
Don't know why it took this long to know, results are pasted sessionally or semesterly for some, so u carry out personal documentation and mathematical works to avoid things like this. It once happened to someone that graduated from Elect/Elect Engineering, UNIBEN like 2010 if I recollect very well. He was to graduate with a 1,1 and they told him he had a 2,1, he did his Maths again and all sorts, with the necessary follow up, it was seen as an error from the department, hence they pasted openly in the department that this person graduated with a 1,1 and not a 2,1 and that was how I got to know about the story then when I was in school,meanwhile, it happened in the same year the guy graduated even before the final clearance for his set. Back to yours, it can be corrected for record purpose if u launch your complain to your then course adviser or department exam officer, u really need to know people in your department to make it easy for u or else, it'll be tough as fresh graduates will be given more attention than yours of many years back. All I know is, it can be corrected but it's gonna take a whole lot of time and follow up, u might even be advised to forget it as it might affect other things.

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by meforyou1(m): 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
neocortex:

What school are you referencing ?
All the transcripts I have come across list ALL the courses including those
not used for cgpa calculation.
The aim of transcript is to show all the courses a student offered while in school.
FUTMINNA. I have a photocopy of my transcript. And everything in it was used to calculate my CPGA
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by kishimi8(m): 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:

Probably some courses credit units were changed or a new grading system was introduced with altered his cgpa when recalculated,
You guys should do your calculations based on the grades of 11 years ago, not 2015 grades

3 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by babanejo: 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
The right procedure to correct the wrong if he is very sure of the transcript calculation. He should write a letter to the school through the registrar to the senate for necessary correction and am very sure it will be taken with utmost attention because the school will not want to damage her reputation build over the years.
He has to be patient and put in a proper follow-up so as to get it to a logical conclusion and if the school refuses to make necessary correction then litigation is the next option to use in addressing the issue.

2 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by refreshrate: 4:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
Tosyne2much come see another when the witches in the village are fanning themselves with your picture example

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Stop Laminating Certificates! / Aliko Dangote's Daughter Graduates From Coventry University (Photos) / Lagos Explosion: Bethlehem Girls College In Ruins, Students Being Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.