Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake (65846 Views)

Lady Shares Before & After Photos With Her Dad After He Graduated With Masters / Beautiful Lady Who Graduated With Third Class Shares Her Touching Story (Photos) / Medical Students To Spend 11 Years In Varsity − NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by malikisah: 12:58am On Oct 26, 2015
HungerBAD:
There is a reason there is a word in LAGOS called "ONE CHANCE"

And just in case he does not get the message, there is a movie called "GONE WITH THE WIND"

Meaning his result has entered ONE CHANCE which has GONE WITH THE WIND.
who are these jesters clicking like for this value less commented
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Auxigen(m): 3:24am On Oct 26, 2015
In my school, GP is pasted @ d department @ d end of. Every Semester.. We already do our calculations back @ home and we confirm it when it has been pasted.. bottom line is. He should've reported this eleven years ago. OR couldn't He calculate GP then?
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by AreaFada2: 3:42am On Oct 26, 2015
espn:
Fight for ur right..d poster above me is trying to say if a criminal evade justice 11yrs ago he cannot be tried again..nonsense..

In Sweden, after 10 years on the run, you can even get away with murder. If you were never sentenced. grin cheesy

But if it was in US, this guy would make some serious dough o. shocked
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by MadCow1: 6:12am On Oct 26, 2015
espn:
Fight for ur right..d poster above me is trying to say if a criminal evade justice 11yrs ago he cannot be tried again..nonsense..

Some cases do have what is called "statute of limitation" clause attached to them meaning I'd you don't sue after a certain time, that statute of limitation kicks in.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by akagson: 6:38am On Oct 26, 2015
HungerBAD:

US?

So now that we know it's you.

You can actually take it back to the School, to the Exams and Records to be specific.

If you are correct.

They will then forward it to your former department, who in turn will correct their records. And then forward it back to the Senate of the University for correction.

After corrections , the Senate will approve a new result/certificate for you.

Before you leave the School, make sure you reconfirm from the Exams and Records that it has been corrected in their section.

Goodluck.
So you had to discourage him first when you knew you actually had something tangible to say. Nigerians, who ever cursed you guys with badmouthing person, e no go beta for am.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by akagson: 6:41am On Oct 26, 2015
mustydeen:
Forgerrit mehn
Sharap mehn
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by JosephCudjoe(m): 7:08am On Oct 26, 2015
Guy if you are in d US, with the right lawyer, you are a MADE MAN.you will sue d school for the damages caused by deir mistake and demand a compensation.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by demoore1(m): 8:18am On Oct 26, 2015
YOU MUST BE A LZY MAN FOR NOT KNOWING WHAT YOUR GPA SHOULD BE EVEN BEFORE RESULT IS OUT. 11 YEARS AFTER YOU WANT IT CHANGED... NOT POSSIBLE BRO... SORRYOOOO

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by hary158: 8:43am On Oct 26, 2015
Godsate:
We need help. My friend graduated 11yeras ago with 2:2 (CGPA : 3.47). He ordered for his transcript few months ago for his MBA programm and discovered that the school made a mistake. When we recalculate the scores we discovered that the correct CGPA is 3.52 which is second class upper.

Good people of nairaland, kindly advise us on what to do.

Is there anybody that experience this in the past?

Can we still correct this ?

If yes, kindly give us the best step to take please.

write to the school for them to address the situation...as expected ,they will not listen or frustrate the efforts. you can use the media or sue them .let a competent court compel them to look at the result again...you can sue them for damages if they are found guilty

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Ashmark(m): 8:44am On Oct 26, 2015
I don't believe this story. If your friend is a serious student and really work hard for the 2.1 he should know what and what he will graduate with at the last semester.

Is not possible when you have calculated your C.G.P to be 3.54 and the school gave you 3.47. ...I don't believe
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by ksmartdope(m): 9:08am On Oct 26, 2015
Pineapp:
11 years ago
Trace it back to the school if it still exists

The poster below is under the influence of buratanshi angry
you na real gee
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by ksmartdope(m): 9:10am On Oct 26, 2015
adrelanine:

cry cry cry cry cry

am sure she died 11 years ago

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by bzion1: 9:23am On Oct 26, 2015
[color=#000000][/color]BRO HOPE UR ALSO AWARE DAT IF U HAD WRITTEN ANY COURSE(S) AS CARRYOVER, WEN CALC UR CGPA, UR GRADE ON SUCH COURSE(S) WIL B CALC A GRADE BACKWARD, i.e, if u scored "A", twil b calculated as "B" and so on......

take note!
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by meforyou1(m): 9:25am On Oct 26, 2015
themountain:
My friend actually graduated with a 2.2. He knows he graduated with a 2.2. Yet he was awarded a certificate of 2.1. Should he return the certificate or just take it that he has a 2.1. and use it in searching for work. Are there any implications?
no implication. It is the certified true copy of the certificate issued by the university
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by emanobis(m): 10:14am On Oct 26, 2015
Hello my fellow nairalnader, i ryl cnt say wt exctly is our prblm here. sum1 brought up a serious issue n ppl r taking it 4 grantd. plz,we must nt comment on evry topic. if u hv no positive contribution,jst ignore n read on plz. wn it's tym 2 joke,we'l also wlcm dt
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by gentl(m): 11:02am On Oct 26, 2015
in Nigeria ? The school will finish you with protocol and at the end they will still tell you to let go..
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Ezegozie(m): 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2015
Godsate:
We need help. My friend graduated 11yeras ago with 2:2 (CGPA : 3.47). He ordered for his transcript few months ago for his MBA programm and discovered that the school made a mistake. When we recalculate the scores we discovered that the correct CGPA is 3.52 which is second class upper.

I was once in his shoe.
My department errorneously gave me 3.48 (2nd class lower).
But before then, I had a compilation of my result in my laptop and in my booklet.
So Immediately, I suspended everything and went and met with my HOD and the person that compiled the result.
They didnt give me any listening ear.
I involved one professor in my dept, and by the special Grace of God, my GP was later recalculated and it was arrived at 3.55 (2nd class upper).

So I strongly advise you to go for its recalculation and if possible involve an influential lecturer.

Your transcript should bear all the courses you did in school together with the FCGPA.

Are you sure you calculated it correctly?

FCPA = TQP/TCU.

TQp===total quality point

TCU==Total credit unit

In summary, you add all the courses you did from year one till final yr and divide it by the total credit unit.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by vizion: 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2015
Godsate:

OP in my era, every good and serious student usually keep track of their results/grades and calculate their CGPA, before the school officially releases the result.

My question to you is -what was the CGPA you calculated for yourself 11years ago? was it sufficient to give a 2.1 grade?
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by nkowaputa(m): 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2015
Godsate:

Is the school Madonna?
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Ezegozie(m): 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2015
Ashmark:
I don't believe this story. If your friend is a serious student and really work hard for the 2.1 he should know what and what he will graduate with at the last semester.

Is not possible when you have calculated your C.G.P to be 3.54 and the school gave you 3.47. ...I don't believe

Guy shut up if you dont know what to say
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by samwise99(m): 7:40pm On Oct 26, 2015
mustydeen:
Forgerrit mehn

gerarahia mehn
u ar Epe
Enemy of progress
in igbo
si ebe a puo...
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
Over sense dey worry u... i too know.. i too sabi... what have u been doing since eleven years now? after all the MBA program will overshadow the 2.2 so why bordering? anyway trace back to ur school for correction but if u succeed in correcting it only at the school (though i know nobody will give you attention) do not forget to get an affidavit from the court and submit to anywhere u have tendered the previous certificate else TORONTO UNIVERSITY shall be ur case. u even manage get 2.2... what of people that got 3rd class and pass? mathematician wey dey calculate C.G.P (chika obi) gerrarahia mehn
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Ashmark(m): 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
Ezegozie:

Guy shut up if you dont know what to say

I should shut up....Am not surprised

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by mustydeen(m): 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2015
samwise99:

gerarahia mehn u ar Epe Enemy of progress in igbo si ebe a puo...
Odikwa egu.. Na fight.. Do I know u. Chukudi ka yi. U high *tounges out*
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by ayoniakins(f): 9:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
Bamz:

What set were you?

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Bamz(m): 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2015
ayoniakins:

Set of 11, my sis and I. She studied insurance.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by ayoniakins(f): 8:04pm On Oct 29, 2015
Bamz:

Set of 11, my sis and I. She studied insurance.
Wow......maybe we've met before who knows.....
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Bamz(m): 8:26pm On Oct 29, 2015
ayoniakins:

Wow......maybe we've met before who knows.....

Well it's a possibility. Hope you're fine smiley
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by ayoniakins(f): 7:46pm On Oct 30, 2015
Bamz:

Well it's a possibility. Hope you're fine smiley
Yes i am....God is faithful.
Trust u and ur sis are doing well
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by samwise99(m): 6:28pm On Apr 17, 2016
mustydeen:

Odikwa egu.. Na fight.. Do I know u. Chukudi ka yi. U high *tounges out*

Lol
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by manuelrukky(m): 7:28pm On Apr 17, 2016
DO YOU KNOW:

Students selling new or used items, e.g phones, shoes etc, even hostel spaces on campus get a 400% possibility of finding a buyer on campus as www.studentsthingy.com, Nigeria's No1 student online market place enables students to sell and buy new and used items within their universities by placing an ad of the item for free!!
So, Are you a student? Do you have an item to sell on campus and you are searching out a place to find student buyers? Then, don't wait any longer, Sell it on Nigeria's #1student online market place at www.studentsthingy.com.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by jeph19(m): 6:53am On Aug 21, 2021
kennyone:
I have been in your shoes before. Take the matter to the current HOD of the department. Naija universities, manipulating students destinies since 1948.

Hello Sir, I just saw my results and it's 3.47, when it should be 3.53 as per my calculations. I'm still processing my clearance; should I tackle it now or wait till after service?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Stop Laminating Certificates! / Aliko Dangote's Daughter Graduates From Coventry University (Photos) / Lagos Explosion: Bethlehem Girls College In Ruins, Students Being Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.