Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,380 members, 7,812,109 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake (65849 Views)

Lady Shares Before & After Photos With Her Dad After He Graduated With Masters / Beautiful Lady Who Graduated With Third Class Shares Her Touching Story (Photos) / Medical Students To Spend 11 Years In Varsity − NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by meforyou1(m): 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
diplomat51:
Just sue them.. They will remember how to reduce but very difficult to add half score for someone. Get your complete evidence and sue them for damages. Don't forget to get a written note from the Attorney.
not easy to win cases against universities. And he or she will be suing on a wrong premise. In Nigeria, U are not supposed to have access to your transcript in the first place.
So they come to court and present a transcript of yours, after panel beating and say it is your true and certified transcript.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by omonnakoda: 4:26pm On Oct 25, 2015
damton:
PRAY AND GO AFTER IT. BUT FIRST, YOU MUST BE SUPER SURE ABOUT IT.
What does praying have to do with this can you explain and maybe you can pray for Nigeria so we have light?
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by tolexontop: 4:29pm On Oct 25, 2015
If you have a very strong back up, I'm suggesting you sue the school. They must pay

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by proguru: 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
My dear friend, firstly, ensure that the assertion is correct before taking any action otherwise it could be fatal!! Then contact a lawyer to write to the school requesting that the matter be addressed and effecting the neeeded correction. Good luck!!!
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by ademusiwa5: 4:32pm On Oct 25, 2015
[size=28pt]. Now I am going to continue from unizik writeup.

Now to fix the problem in university. You are going to take 4000 student each from ABU, bayero,unimad,unizik.. Etc. Own by Buhari gover ment.

You are going to place them into the 60 private university at the cost of 2 billion for every 4000 student. 100,000 students

Many of this student who go to abu , bayero will prefer to go to private universities like covenant,afe babalola etc...

You want to use government money to send them. You transfer 100,000 students those with good grade to private universities

What it means is that you have invested 2 billion cash into each private universities to drop down the cost of private universities

Y
It mean you have invested 80 billion in private universities indirectly, which reduce the fee private universities cost to half the price.

If you fail to do this. You will be creating a large gap between the rich and the poor. And you already seen Boko haram.
So you want to mix the children of the rich and the poor, this way.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][size=8pt][/size]
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by tosyne2much(m): 4:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
refreshrate:
Tosyne2much come see another when the witches in the village are fanning themselves with your picture example
Baba I just dey see am ni ooooo cheesy
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by MallamYahaya(m): 4:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
[quote author=Godsate post=39346931]We need help. My friend graduated 11yeras ago with 2:2 (CGPA : 3.47). He ordered for his transcript few months ago for his MBA programm and discovered that the school made a mistake. When we recalculate the scores we discovered that the correct CGPA is 3.52 which is second class upper.

Good people of nairaland, kindly advise us on what to do.

Is there anybody that experience this in the past?

Can we still correct this ?

If yes, kindly give us the best step to take please.[/quote

Yes something can be done about it. If a University can withdraw a certificate retrospectively then they can also correct a mistake that they have made.

Get a lawyer to write to the school stating the facts and request for an amendment to he result. Your friend may wish to do so on his own if he doesn't want to spend any money. ]
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by proguru: 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
My dear friend, in law he that come to equity must come on time. You realized late and could be difficult to get justice from equity!!!! Any contact a lawyer with immediate effect!!!!
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Vikky014(f): 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:
We need help. My friend graduated 11yeras ago with 2:2 (CGPA : 3.47). He ordered for his transcript few months ago for his MBA programm and discovered that the school made a mistake. When we recalculate the scores we discovered that the correct CGPA is 3.52 which is second class upper.

If yes, kindly give us the best step to take please.
it depends on how u guys calculated it ooo.

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by OOLUSOGA(m): 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2015
if the university can hold down any mistake that favoured the student then the student should do same. i want to ask you do you have any record of your own result if not think twice. because if you start this claimed and it result to the same CGPA the dept may take it up against you but if you are SURE then contact the HOD of the dept but dont popularise it. AND PLS CONFIRM what your claim. This can also be a TYPICALGRAPHICAL ERROR on the part of the typist. wish u goodluck.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Fourwinds: 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2015
Dis one strong gon. Dose who died their certificate has no use again....vanity
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Bamz(m): 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2015
damton:
PRAY AND GO AFTER IT. BUT FIRST, YOU MUST BE SUPER SURE ABOUT IT.

That suddenly went spiritual cheesy

How about he has a third party verify the transcript and go and lodge a complaint?

By the way, students are normally not granted access to their transcripts.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by mystiqueDZ(f): 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2015
HungerBAD:
There is a reason there is a word in LAGOS called "ONE CHANCE"

And just in case he does not get the message, there is a movie called "GONE WITH THE WIND"

Meaning his result has entered ONE CHANCE which has GONE WITH THE WIND.
lmaooo....you ain't nice at all!

2 Likes

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by damton(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
What does praying have to do with this can you explain and maybe you can pray for Nigeria so we have light?
. I don't need to explain, since you don't know the meaning of GOD or you are not African. Better still, I can begin to lesson you on the letters of the Alphabet. A B C.D.E.....
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by solidifi: 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
From your post, you're not qualified for a 2.1 even a 3rd class.

Are you saying you don't know how to calculate your CGPA? If you know, then the one from the school is wrong and not yours.

A serious minded student calculates his/her CGPA semester by semester. At your final year you must have known your CPGA which will be 98-99% same with that of the school.

Post your semester by semester scores and their credit loads we will help you calculate it here.

For you to have a 3.5 be ready to be having A's and B's.

Were you having these?

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by arusoncd(m): 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
Sue the school to court and make fortune from it: " Mistake are deliberate" - My mentor.

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by EbolaParasite: 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:
We need help. My friend graduated 11yeras ago with 2:2 (CGPA : 3.47). He ordered for his transcript few months ago for his MBA programm and discovered that the school made a mistake. When we recalculate the scores we discovered that the correct CGPA is 3.52 which is second class upper.

Most students know their cgpas and often estimate it before results are released. I am surprised that he/she didnt know the cgpa upon graduation. Considering how close to the borderline it was. Calculating it 11yrs afterwards shows incompetence or that the person deserves the 2:2. Pun intended

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Bamz(m): 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
ayoniakins:
Same with me.
University of Lagos, business admin......

What set were you?
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by babeface3: 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
Sue the school and claim damages.

contact me.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Bimpe29: 4:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
Waooo! What a pity? Having making sure that, the recalculated CGPA (3.52) is correct and real. Then approach the school authority for remedy, but with a legal representative though.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by omonnakoda: 4:51pm On Oct 25, 2015
damton:
. I don't need to explain, since you don't know the meaning of GOD or you are not African. Better still, I can begin to lesson you on the letters of the Alphabet. A B C.D.E.....
Ok but can you pray for my area so we can have light.........Please

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by damton(m): 4:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
Ok but can you pray for my area so we can have light.........Please
don't you have mouth. or do you know my religion. besides, since you're an atheist presumably, the prayers might not work.

by the way , what religion do you profess .
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Ibelove: 4:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
It is possible to correct it. But am afraid of the administrative bottleneck in our high institutions. It's going to be challenging, but if you win your case, you might even be compensated by the school by falsifying your result. Call this number 08033221149 (The name is "Ordinary Ahmed Isah), if your claim is true, he will help you fight for it to the end. May God see you through.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by ikorodureporta: 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
When it comes to record keeping, naija is no where to be found. This sh*t also happens where u'r not allowd to see yr final scores until senate seats on yr final grade...

Even if u go back there for a re-computation, do u know u can fall in2 a thirdie undecided
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by HungerBAD: 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
mystiqueDZ:
lmaooo....you ain't nice at all!

Lol it was the honest truth.

1 Like

Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by viktor01(m): 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
Is there an award for it? Forgerrit... jare!
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by jovvi(m): 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
For me, I think you should consider taking them to court for compensation. Its not your fault
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by activefibre1(m): 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2015
na this kind tin do me for school, all my effort to raise my cgpa , poved abortive, until i gave up hope , but i realised in 300l , after the correction i bounced back to my original postion, and all hell broke loss, i gave it my last shoot in 400-500l. Glory be the God .
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by NICOGRAVITY: 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
Surely, it will be corrected.
Write to your department HOD, copy the Head of Faculty, Exams and records, and it will be sorted.
Be very nice with your first letter, if no response, write a second one that should be personally delivered.
Thirdly, involve a lawyer as you are to be compensated for lost of earnings, opportunities, promotions, and ease of life.
A good school will reply with apologies.
If the matter takes too long, publish it, grant interviews to the press.
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by omonnakoda: 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
damton:
don't you have mouth. or do you know my religion. besides, since you're an atheist presumably, the prayers might not work.

by the way , what religion do you profess .
I do not profess any religion that is why I am coming to you as an expert so you ca pray for Nigeria to get light
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by Emmydek(m): 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
Godsate:

it's possible but you gotta pass through hell.
You can as well sue them for NEGLIGENCE!
Re: He Graduated 11 Years Ago With 2:2 And Just Discovered That It's A Mistake by pimpinlala(m): 5:16pm On Oct 25, 2015
HungerBAD:

US?

So now that we know it's you.

You can actually take it back to the School, to the Exams and Records to be specific.

If you are correct.

They will then forward it to your former department, who in turn will correct their records. And then forward it back to the Senate of the University for correction.

After corrections , the Senate will approve a new result/certificate for you.

Before you leave the School, make sure you reconfirm from the Exams and Records that it has been corrected in their section.

Goodluck.

Sounds easy to you huh?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote's Daughter Graduates From Coventry University (Photos) / Lagos Explosion: Bethlehem Girls College In Ruins, Students Being Rescued / Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.