Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story (34065 Views)

Things Every Lady Should Do Before Getting Married / Note To Women: Stand By Him At Owner's Risk / 10 Pictures Every Lady Who Is No Longer A Virgin Can Relate To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by Toks2008(m): 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2015
How many ladies will allow their bae leave a great job in the states to come to Nigeria in the bid to fulfill his passion at a time when others were running out?

This is a touching story for our ladies to take a cue from and understand that most great men have passed through terrible times and im so positive that if he has had a lady stood by him during his hard days,he won't be confused as to which lady to marry because most of our stars are happily married to their long time girlfriends.

Story By Banky.W

The morning of Jan 1st 2009 was one of the worst of my life. I went to Church the night before to pray in the new year... and there I poured my heart out to God. You see, i moved back to Lag on Feb 14th 08. It was a tough decision quitting my well-paid engineering job in nyc and moving back, but I felt incomplete and unfulfilled. That decision however, led to a tough year. I had gained some small popularity in music, but fame comes way before fortune in my line of work.

So yes there were videos on tv, but I was flat out broke. I'd spent all my savings on my music business.. I was driving a beat down car that broke down on every possible major road in Lagos, and I had resorted to "borrowing" 5k from my manager weekly, to fuel my car and buy recharge cards. I'd started second guessing my decision. Shld I have moved back at all? Shld I have listened to folks and stayed in nyc? It was hard. I wasn't getting any show bookings, infact Segun & I used to show up to events wayyy early just to make sure we could get inside, and times without number we wld beg & plead to get 5 mins to perform on shows only to get turned down. I was frustrated. Why wasn't my music working here? Why couldnt ppl see what we saw?

Maybe I wasnt meant to be here? And then after church that morning, I got accosted by armed robbers, driven around on the joy-ride-from-hell, roughed up, and robbed of everything on me. Phones, money, jewelry, ipod, hat, shoes, u name it. They kept threatening to shoot me, but I just kept praying psalm 91 and somehow I made it home to Segun's house in one piece. And while I was grateful to be alive, I sunk into further depression. For a week plus I wouldn't leave my room. I felt like my whole world had come crashing down, and like I had nothing to show for all my effort and prayers. And then Segun walked into my room and said "hey bro.. I know it's really bad right now. But the good news is, this is rock bottom. U have hit it, and ur still alive. It can only get better from here, but U can't let it defeat U. U gotta get up, dust it off, and channel all that nervous energy into making music again!!" I was in shock..

I was in shock. How did he expect me to just shake everything off just like that? My mental state was a total mess. I didn't have a penny to even pay for the studio time, and even my car had been bashed. I said "bro even if I want to record, how would I pay for it?" He asked who I'd wanna work with and I said Cobhams. He asked me to find out how much it would cost... I did. The next day he walked into my room with the entire amount in full that he had borrowed from someone. Plus extra for cab fare.

I paid for the Cobhams sessions, and the very first song we created was "Strong Ting".. till date one of my biggest hits in Africa. The requests for performances started coming.. I started actually receiving airplay. Ppl finally started understanding me and my music, and better yet, they ACTUALLY liked it! My life changed from that moment and so did my finances.

God has used Segun to guide, direct, help, support and save me on too many occasions. I want to wish my big brother and role model a veryyyy happy birthday, and pray for him that he and his family will never know lack in Jesus name. For the seeds of kindness, love and support he has sown in my life and many others, may God bless him and every generation born of him. I love you forever, and I look up to you.

I shared this particular story because I also want to encourage y'all. I know life can be hard and harsh, but don't give up hope after the darkest of nights, because your morning is right around the corner.

189 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by Omotayor123(f): 2:18pm On Oct 27, 2015
Having a family /friend stand by you in times of need is a great motivation. But you have to be determined too. Hard work pays!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by misspicy(f): 2:18pm On Oct 27, 2015
kikkikikikikiki...i.didnt read well before...

good for you Banky W
Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by LordOfTheWeed: 2:19pm On Oct 27, 2015
I got accosted by armed robbers, driven around on the joy-ride-from-hell, roughed up, and robbed of everything on me. Phones, money, jewelry, ipod, hat, shoes, u name it. They kept threatening to shoot me, but I just kept praying psalm 91 and somehow I made it home to Segun's house in one piece.

Na all of una armed robbers dey always attack? Haba! Why is it that almost all celebs usually have the same storyline? Even airforce1 who is still an upcoming artist talkmore of celeb is already narrating his "envisaged" armed robbery ordeal.. .. ..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by Adiwana: 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2015
K

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by falconey(m): 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2015
Omotayor123:
And what does she gain from doing That

isn't that a rhetorical question?
Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by Toks2008(m): 2:22pm On Oct 27, 2015
Omotayor123:
And what does she gain from doing That
Why not do yourself a big favor by reading and comprehending before making comments tayo? You are better than this.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by Omotayor123(f): 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2015
falconey:

[color=#990000][/color]
Exactly! Especially to our celebrities.
Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by Omotayor123(f): 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2015
Toks2008:

Why not do yourself a big favor by reading and comprehending before making comments tayo? You are better than this.
I read the whole story. My comment was based on the first paragraph. About to modify.
Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by Toks2008(m): 2:26pm On Oct 27, 2015
misspicy:
i thought segun is a male name...is Banky gay lipsrsealed

No Segun is a male friend that helped him.
Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2015
misspicy:
i thought segun is a male name...is Banky gay lipsrsealed

did u read the post at all?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by Toks2008(m): 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2015
Toks2008:

I was in shock. How did he expect me to just shake everything off just like that? My mental state was a total mess. I didn't have a penny to even pay for the studio time, and even my car had been bashed. I said "bro even if I want to record, how would I pay for it?" He asked who I'd wanna work with and I said Cobhams. He asked me to find out how much it would cost... I did. The next day he walked into my room with the entire amount in full that he had borrowed from someone. Plus extra for cab fare.

I paid for the Cobhams sessions, and the very first song we created was "Strong Ting".. till date one of my biggest hits in Africa. The requests for performances started coming.. I started actually receiving airplay. Ppl finally started understanding me and my music, and better yet, they ACTUALLY liked it! My life changed from that moment and so did my finances.

I still marvel at the thought that the hit single strong thing was sang a midst his travails and to think that was possible with a borrowed money and to most viewers they will be like this guy must be rich..no wonder the guy does not flaunt stuffs...im impressed.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by REB3L(m): 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2015
Kk
Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2015
Great
Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 27, 2015
**Sits down and sips coke** Wetin concern me??
Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by RichDad1(m): 2:40pm On Oct 27, 2015
So touching!
I could remember then, how you used to Scott at Segun's house at Omole(same street where PSquare house is on now), trying to make things work.
When EME was struggling, Osagie, Wizkid, Kel(then with Capital Hill) Skales and others I can't even remember their names.
The last time I saw you at Intercontinental Hotel during samsung galaxy S5 launch, dude was white and pure like an angel. I reminisced on those old times and smile. #focus
I could remember when Wizkid bought that golf 3, dude was so fly..lol grin
Another day when the same car broke down at Hakeem Balogun street opposite shrine.

Less I forget MI's too. Scouting with Djinee on Awopetu street with Jago and Ice but who could have believe you guys were superstars in the making?
I remember MI's First headies award after party at Koko lounge Ozone.
Can't remember your exact words that night but let me paraphrase " Jago, I can't believe how far we've gone. From watching D'banj and Don Jazzy on TV to winning awards with them"
Funny how times fly.
To all you out there still hustling: Stay focus, work hard and never give up.

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by civic11: 2:40pm On Oct 27, 2015
please how do i get to Adeda Bello Close in orisunbare shasha alimosho area of lagos

3 Likes

Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 27, 2015
hm
Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by tolexy007(m): 2:41pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nigeria girls be like "God bless the man behind my smiles, but they will never mention the Guy's name, cause na like 21men dey behind their Smile angry awon oni jibiti oshi.. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by porrigeyam(m): 2:41pm On Oct 27, 2015
Thank God him get better friend/family.... Some useless friend/family will only be looking for your downfall.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 27, 2015
NO NIGERIAN GIRL WILL STAND BY YOU IF YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY undecided THEY ARE ALL PARASITES AND MONEY HUNGRY BIITCHES. ALL THEY WANT IS A SELF MADE DUDE WHO WILL ACT AS THEIR CASH COW IN THE GUISE OF LOVE AND RELATIONSHIP. ALL THEY HAVE TO OFFER IS THEIR STRETCH MARK FILLED BOOBS AND SMELLY OVER BLEACHED PUSSSY SMELLING LIKE A ROTTEN FISH.

IF YOU WANT TRUE LOVE, GO FOR A FOREIGN GIRL.

#team foreign girls cool cool

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by proxitaly: 2:41pm On Oct 27, 2015
we see
Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by Deefuray(f): 2:41pm On Oct 27, 2015
Everybody has a story. Thank God for his life

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
Inspiring story cry cheesy
Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by ayusco85(m): 2:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
ok
Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by nigeriancuban: 2:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
okay
Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by bigx(m): 2:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
Where lady for the story?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by JayRise(m): 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
good to know...still waiting for oga $eun's story

MUST READ
6 signs your man is taking you for granted(love messages)

1 Like

Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by ultrazone(m): 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
Ok
Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by MrMcJay(m): 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
civic11:
please how do i get to Adeda Bello Close in orisunbare shasha alimosho area of lagos

Are you going by air or by sea? grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Lady Must Stand By Her Man To Pursue His Passion?the Banky.w Story by niggi4life(m): 2:44pm On Oct 27, 2015
Everybody successful man or woman has a touching story to tell... some even have tried to commit suicide.
I keep telling my lazy brother that Life is hard and you just have to be steadfast and hardworking for you to succeed... no matter how hard life treats you, always pay back with hardwork,, no amount of positive energy you put into something that wont result into something better.
A friend has been sending his CVs to more than 500 different companies since August this year, he got fed up two weeks ago and came to me,,, I am tired, no job dey dis country, i told him, why dont you just give it a trial some more, just some more, and behold just yesterday we were having a boys hang out on his new job with a Multinational,, that little effort he later put in was just the only one needed for him to secure a mouth watering job..

God never sleeps,,, he always blesses you with you having a testimony

NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

46 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My New Girlfriend May Be A Thief. / After Promising Marriage, Lady Gets Her Boyfriend Beaten For Trying To Dump Her / This Village Pre-wedding Photoshoot Is So Unique And Imaginative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.