Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,356 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? (41396 Views)

Investor Stakes $450 Million On New Free Trade Zone, To Build Ships In Nigeria / 32 Ships Laden With Petroleum Products, Food Items, To Arrive Lagos Ports / Amazon Now Ships Any Item To Nigeria And Kenya - No Third Party Involved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 31, 2015
I love the discussion going on here but y'all should beware about exposing some vital information in an open forum like this. Some information are better relayed through E-mails and private messages. There are lots of people from certain tribes, who fast and pray for the Igbo nation to never rise again. The evidence abounds on this thread and all over Nairaland.

12 Likes

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by VickJames(m): 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
Eintelekt:

I am very interested in this project and will love to be a part of it...even as I do not guarantee financial support I would be glad to participate in any way necessary. Please do share.

I am rallying around to get interested people that will make things happen. i have seen people who are already interested in this project but we need more people even in the media that can make this happen.

we cant share the whole plan in a forum like this. i tried to create one about it before so that i can rally some people online. i found out that i can only communicate with the very intelligent ones in this forum who didnt reply the thread but sent me a message offline and these were eager.

the only problem i have is that we are coming up with economic master plan to make these things come up and if we can handle the economic aspect of this project and see interested people.

we will start

3 Likes

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by VickJames(m): 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
nwanlecha:
I love the discussion going on here but y'all should beware about exposing some vital information in an open forum like this. Some information are better relayed through E-mails and private messages. There are lots of people from certain tribes, who fast and pray for the Igbo nation to never rise again. The evidence abounds on this thread and all over Nairaland.

that is what i am trying to do.

i have thought about it too

1 Like

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
Awoofawo:

The problem with most of you folks is your inability to live and let others live. You expect other tribes to bow to your wishes while protecting your selfish interests.

Are you brain-dead or what? Did I insult your tribe? And talking about grammar, you must be high on some cheap weed if your brain can't comprehend what I posted.

The biggest and costly mistake will be in trying to force other minority in delta to join the biafra union... Write that down, Igbo can go to the end of the earth, I don't give a shi@t.
u are the only one bringing Biafra into this out of your insecurity, nobody mentioned Biafra but u, you are from Lagos and ur people claim u be everything so why d envy and jealousy?

1 Like

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by VickJames(m): 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
lygn19:
the only time it would be a problem is if d country breaks, then we ve to sign international mou's but we are under one country so anything we will be contending with is the fg tongue

lol

it wont be much of a problem if we will not be interfering with other people's land.

i am not saying we are going to 100percent perfect in this approach but the truth is, the communities close to the shorelines will enjoy from this project.

1 Like

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nobody here should reply any derailer. Please let them talk, that's as much as they can do. Afterall it is their right as members of Nairaland.

Please Ignore them and be focused. I wish this thread never gets derailed.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by VickJames(m): 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
for those who said the surrounding communities will suffer, I tell you solemnly, the people that will suffer more will be the ndigbos in imo and abia states. but no problem

3 Likes

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
VickJames:

lol

it wont be much of a problem if we will not be interfering with other people's land.

i am not saying we are going to 100percent perfect in this approach but the truth is, the communities close to the shorelines will enjoy from this project.

They will also benefit. I don't know why people are seeing this as a problem.

1 Like

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by VickJames(m): 4:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
Eintelekt:
Nobody here should reply any derailer. Please let them talk, that's as much as they can do. Afterall it is their right as members of Nairaland.

Please Ignore them and be focused. I wish this thread never gets derailed.

please my check my signature and send me mail via that medium
Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by VickJames(m): 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2015
Eintelekt:

They will also benefit. I don't know why people are seeing this as a problem.

economic route is a win win for the communities. so why will someone hate the project and say it shouldnt come to life.

5 Likes

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by badman007(m): 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2015
Abia state always had great potential before Orji Uzor Kalu and Co set out to damage the state since 1999..
Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 31, 2015
VickJames:

economic route is a win win for the communities. so why will someone hate the project and say it shouldnt come to life.
Sure. Just like the issue of a reunited Eastern Region or even Biafra, it just demands sensitization of all parties involved. We would not threaten any party and try to force it down their throats....dialogue remains the best approach to every project

1 Like

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
Dhugal:

Please pay attention,doofus.
This thread is talking about the Imo river,not the Niger river.The Imo has nothing to do with the Niger.There's another we haven't even touched on,the Cross river.I'm sure that one will give you serious heartache.
Btw,should anyone,thinking foolishly as you parasites on this threads have done,dam the Niger completely,in an attempt to starve Igboland of natural waterway,states such as Kogi,Nasarawa and Benue will be completely wiped out.Ordinary Kainji dam and an expanse of land as big as Lagos was submerged.Asked the people of Niger state why they clamoured for HYPADEC for years.

Are you freaking stu.pid? Everything about you folks is emotion based and little common sense. This is a pie in the sky scheme and it is doomed like every schemes you have ever conceived.
Bla bla bla this is not river Niger, can you even locate the south east on a map? Bloody ape.
Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by VickJames(m): 4:32pm On Oct 31, 2015
Eintelekt:

Sure. Just like the issue of a reunited Eastern Region or even Biafra, it just demands sensitization of all parties involved. Let us, however and no matter what, not threaten any party and try to force it down their throats....dialogue remains the best approach to every project

Yes, though I dont like discussing biafra in public fora. the truth remains that if we're going to undertake this project, we will have to communicate with the governors of these states, akwa ibom and rivers state
Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2015
Aigbofa:

Are you freaking stu.pid? Everything about you folks is emotion based and little common sense. This is a pie in the sky scheme and it is doomed like every schemes you have ever conceived.
Bla bla bla this is not river, can you even locate the south east on a map? Bloody ape.
keep underestimating us
Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 31, 2015
VickJames:

Yes, though I dont like discussing biafra in public fora. the truth remains that if we're going to undertake this project, we will have to communicate with the governors of these states, akwa ibom and rivers state

Ofcourse. It is not debatable. But then that was why I asked the question I posed earlier.

What guarantee do you give these states that will make them allow you access? What stops them from developing their shores and ports and make you come down to them instead of ferrying your goods all the way?
Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 31, 2015
lygn19:

keep underestimating us

Stop quoting these people. Let them talk. As crazy as it sounds, some of them actually talk sense...not the one you quoted though.

I've learnt one or two things from them here though.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by nduchucks: 4:41pm On Oct 31, 2015
DelticStephEn:

wow.
a nice comment from a Fulani guy.
kip it up

As usual, my comments are very rational and detribalized. I look at things as a 100% Nigerian, you should do the same.
Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
Eintelekt:

Stop quoting these people. Let them talk. As crazy as it sounds, some of them actually talk sense...not the one you quoted though.

I've learnt one or two things from them here though.

We are here to make you think whether you admit it or not.
Your insults mean nothing to me personally as long as you learn.
Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by VickJames(m): 4:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
Eintelekt:

Ofcourse. It is not debatable. But then that was why I asked the question I posed earlier.

What guarantee do you give these states that will make them allow you access? What stops them from developing their shores and ports and make you come down to them instead of ferrying your goods all the way?

the main reason i said we will communicate with these state governors is to alert them that we have a project that will start and it will pass through its region and we will face any consequence if it affects the areas it will pass. we will also assure them that we wont be dredging into their own land but deep into the river. this is not a way of getting a permission but to alert them of what we are going to do. rivers around the world that have been turned to seaport, passed through different neighbouring countries and nothing happened. the igbos as citizens of this country have right of passage through the river and sea. and the way that is very convenient for us to pass, we will make it. we are only going to compensate the neighbouring communities for the time we will be spending there to dredge the river and any environmental damage that may cause them will be paid to them( i doubt there will be any).

if the state governors have foresight, they will have to agree to the terms and allow us to create our own port because it is an indirect boost to their economy.

3 Likes

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 31, 2015
VickJames:

the main reason i said we will communicate with these state governors is to alert them that we have a project that will start and it will pass through its region and we will face any consequence if it affects the areas it will pass. we will also assure them that we wont be dredging into their own land but deep into the river. this is not a way of getting a permission but to alert them of what we are going to do. rivers around the world that have been turned to seaport, passed through different neighbouring countries and nothing happened. the igbos as citizens of this country have right of passage through the river and sea. and the way that is very convenient for us to pass, we will make it. we are only going to compensate the neighbouring communities for the time we will be spending there to dredge the river and any environmental damage that may cause them will be paid to them( i doubt there will be any).

if the state governors have foresight, they will have to agree to the terms and allow us to create our own port because it is an indirect boost to their economy.

Isn't this what some of us are saying instead of drawing a stupid line on a map and whipping yourselves into a frenzy over a project that may never even materialize?
Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
I wonder how you think you can succeed by leaving your fate in the hands of those who have done everything humanly possible to subdue you. Hell, they even waged a war against us, whereby they were eager to exterminate our kind off the face of the earth. Ndi Igbo got to where we are today without nigeria, in fact, nigeria has been nothing short of a pain in our behind. You bring up lots of great ideas about developing Ala Igbo, but I get instantly turned off Whenever you start preaching about this your "one nigeria" ish. There are lots of threads, where you can go profess your undying love for that evil contraption called nigeria, just don't do it here, biko. Simply stick to the topic and we'll all be fine.

lygn19:
the only time it would be a problem is if d country breaks, then we ve to sign international mou's but we are under one country so anything we will be contending with is the fg tongue

9 Likes

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by VickJames(m): 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2015
Aigbofa:

Isn't this what some of us are saying instead of drawing a stupid line on a map and whipping yourselves into a frenzy over a project that may never even materialize?

I understand your pessimism and since i am educated and understand how things work, i wont want to argue about anything. we drawing lines doesnt mean that we dont know the due process which we will take before anything will materialize. this is not a politicial project with politicians with low IQ. this is a project which intelligent people who have done research and know that its not the matter of 'if' but the matter of when it will come to pass.

4 Likes

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
KinkyAngela:
Ezeonyoshi

you are the one insane. If lunacy isnt flowing in your blood stream, you would urge you useless governors to find a lasting panacea to the gulley erosion menace that is gradually wiping heeeboland into extinction instead of this pipe dream. Are you aware the gulley erosion has just recently torn the enugu-onistha highway apart
the Maggi eating maggot in your vu!va is affecting your brain shediot, Dont go
And mind your peppery infection.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by Awoofawo(m): 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
lygn19:

u are the only one bringing Biafra into this out of your insecurity, nobody mentioned Biafra but u, you are from Lagos and ur people claim u be everything so why d envy and jealousy?

The person I quoted was making sublime reference to other tribes...only intellectual blind will not detect it.

I have nothing against Igbo quest for self determination/rule, whether the country break up or not, is not big deal to me!

The deal is that everyone must be give the freedom to choice and not force...that canal route/map as drawn by original op didn't take into consideration the communities through which the canal would pass over, and bearing in mind, Igbo demand for secession, can you fault my asking for clarity...
Hardly comment on thread like these. Like I said before, don't got time for iranu!
Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by VickJames(m): 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
nwanlecha:
I wonder how you think you can succeed by leaving your fate in the hands of those who have done everything humanly possible to subdue you. Hell, they even waged a war against us whereby they were eager to exterminate our kind off the face of the earth. Ndi Igbo got to where we are today without nigeria, in fact, nigeria has been nothing short of a pain in our behind. You bring up lots of great ideas about developing Ala Igbo but I get instantly turned off Whenever you start preaching about this your "one nigeria" ish. There are lots of threads, where you can go profess your undying love for that evil contraption called nigeria, just don't do it here, biko. Simply stick to the topic and we'll all be fine.

nne, dont be emotional. its a tactical approach.

3 Likes

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by HopeAtHand: 4:55pm On Oct 31, 2015
ezeagu:
And of course, but Ikwere...

Lolz..

I LIKE YOUR DREAMS....BUT IT WILL BE EASIER TO PASS THROUGH THE EYE OF A NEEDLE THOUGH.

1 Like

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
Vickjames I will send u a message... I think I have a perfect way we can raise fund for this. I am a graduate of finance and banking and this is my aspect.
Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by VickJames(m): 4:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
lygn19:
Vickjames I will send u a message... I think I have a perfect way we can raise fund for this. I am a graduate of finance and banking and this is my aspect.

this is excellent. I have ideas too.

we can make things work.
Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
Nsogbu adiro! Ya burukwa Ife i kwulu. Anyway, y'all should carry on I am really enjoying this thread.

VickJames:

nne, dont be emotional. its a tactical approach.

2 Likes

Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by matrixme(m): 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2015
Even if you succeed in bringing all the igbo states an inch to the sea, with all its economic advantages, What would form the bulk of your export? Since your commercial cities are known more for imports than export. Do you really have the population advantage as a tribe to sustain yourself economically? Even China with its massive population size has recently abandoned one child policy for obvious reasons. Forming a country sounds good, abstractly, but it is tough work in reality.
Re: Can The Imo River Take (large) Ships? by VickJames(m): 5:04pm On Oct 31, 2015
nwanlecha:
Nsogbu adiro! Ya burukwa Ife i kwulu. Anyway, y'all should carry on I am really enjoying this thread.

nne, nsogbu adiro

it is not by enjoying the thread. it is by working towards making it a reality.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Filling Station In Ogidi Anambra Sells Water As Fuel (Pictures, Video) / Dangote Opens One-stop Shop In Onitsha / Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.