Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,692 members, 7,851,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:01 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (377176 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
solite3:
where did u ans it.

On this thread, 12:41pm On Nov 03

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:33pm On Nov 05, 2016
dolphinheart:

when you read things, read it fully, reading halfway always cause confusion.
what you quoted says "Jewish national name of God"

Jehovah is the name of the God of the Jews, other gods also have other names!
Jehovah is a self existant God, that is why the word "the" is added.

Jehovah (/dʒᵻˈhoʊvə/ jə-hoh-və) is a Latinization of the Hebrew יְהֹוָה, one vocalizationof the Tetragrammaton יהוה (YHWH), the proper name of the God of Israel in theHebrew Bible.
wikepedia

a name of God in the Old Testament, a rendering of the ineffable name, JHVH, in the Hebrew Scriptures.
dictionary dot com

—used as the name of Godin the Old Testament of the Bible
merriam-webster dictionary

LETS EVEN GO INTO THE SCRIPTURES
King James Version
Ps 83:18That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

American Standard Version
exodus 6:3 and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as God Almighty; but by my name Jehovah I was not known to them.

Isa 42:8 I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images.

AS YOU CAN FROM THE SCRIPTURES AND DICTIONARIES AND EVEN FROM YOUR QUOTE, JEHOVAH IS THE NAME OF THE GOD OF THE ISREALITES, JEHOVAH DOES MEAN GOD!. Stop derived analogy, it does not work, that jehovah is the only self existant God does not mean jehovah means God!

duh, we know Jehovah is a name for God,
that in itself shows Jehovah means God.

The subject is the meaning of the name Jehovah,
but of course true to form you reject the truth that's been posted:

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

If possible read again with eyes that see:

johnw74:

H3068
יְהֹוָה
yehôvâh
yeh-ho-vaw'
From H1961; (the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord. Compare H3050, H3069.
Total KJV occurrences: 6521

If any other but Jehovah were self existant, then the words "self existant" would be just descriptive,
but as Jehovah is the only self existant, then Jehovah not only describes God, but means God.

johnw74:

"self existent" is an adjective describing Jehovah

"the self existent" is a noun meaning God.

H3068
יְהֹוָה
yehôvâh
yeh-ho-vaw'
From H1961; (the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord. Compare H3050, H3069.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
Facts you should know about those who call themselves Jehovah's Witnesses, but who are not and do lie, and are the church of satan

Is the Jehovah's Witness religion Christian?

by Matt Slick
12/05/08

The answer to the question is, "No. It is not Christian." Like all non-Christian cults, the Jehovah's Witness' organization distorts the essential doctrines of Christianity. It denies the deity of Christ, His physical resurrection, and salvation by grace. These make it non-Christian. In addition, to support its erring doctrines, the Watchtower organization (which is the author and teacher of all official Jehovah's Witness' theology) has altered the Bible to make it agree with its changing and non-Christian teachings.

Typical with cults that use the Bible to support its position is a host of interpretive errors:

Taking verses out of their immediate context.
Refusing to read verses in the entire biblical context.
Inserting their theological presuppositions into the text.
Altering the Biblical text to suit their needs.
Latching onto one verse to interpret a host of others.
Changing the meanings of words.
Proclaiming some passages to be figurative when they contradict their doctrines.
Adding to the Word of God.

Additionally, the Jehovah's Witness' organization requires of its members regular weekly attendance at their "Bible Study" meetings where they are repeatedly indoctrinated with anti-Christian teachings. This is done by reading the Watchtower magazine, following along with what it says, reading the questions it asks, and reciting the answers it gives. In other words, the Watchtower Organization carefully trains its members to let the Organization do their thinking for them. For confirmation of this, please read Does the Watchtower organization control the JW's thinking?

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:54pm On Nov 05, 2016
The Witnesses are told they will be persecuted when they go door-to-door teaching their doctrines. They are further told that this is simply the enemy fighting against God's organization because they are in "the truth." So, when someone disagrees with them, they are conditioned to reflect on what the Watchtower has told them. They then feel confirmed in being in God's true organization on earth (like all cults claim). They are strongly encouraged to have friends and acquaintances that are only JW's, thereby keeping outside examination to a minimum. They are told to shun those who leave their group, for in this way there is no way to see why someone has left and no way to find out that they are in error from those who have found the truth in Christ. They are conditioned to shy away from any real biblically knowledgeable person. An example of this is frequently found on the Internet. I was once banned from a Jehovah's Witness' chat room after I not only answered their objections to the Trinity and deity of Christ but also challenged them in return. Subsequently, my name was passed around to all other Jehovah's Witness' rooms where I was banned from them as well. This is a frequent occurrence on the Internet where the Jehovah's Witnesses are alive and well. It is obvious that critical examination of their doctrines is not encouraged by the Watchtower Organization.

The Jehovah's Witnesses consider themselves to be Christians because they believe they are serving the true and living God. Like many cults, they think they are the only true church on earth. Yet, they deny the Trinity, the deity of Christ, the personhood of the Holy Spirit, Jesus' physical resurrection, and salvation by grace through faith.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are discouraged from looking into Jehovah's Witness' history or old Watchtower literature which is replete with contradictions, altered doctrines, and false prophecies. Instead, they are indoctrinated repeatedly against basic Christian doctrines (Trinity, deity of Christ, etc.,) and into the notion that they alone are the true servants of God and that all others are either in "Christendom" or simply unbelievers.

Primarily, the Jehovah's Witness' organization is a mind-control organization that uses its people to pass out literature and send in "donations" to the headquarters in Brooklyn, New York.

"Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization and not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible."(The Watchtower, Oct. 1, 1967, p. 587.)
Conclusion

The Watchtower organization of the Jehovah's Witnesses is a non-Christian organization that uses its people to promulgate false doctrines, collects "contributions" for distribution of a multitudinous amount of literature, and expands its grip into the lives of its members and their families.

It is a non-Christian cult.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:03am On Nov 06, 2016
YEH RIGHT?
dolphinheart:

stop lying, I've used the scriptures to show you that Jehovah is the name of God, Jehovah himself said that is his name!

you read the scriptures with a premeditated understanding , the verse says :
Ac 4:12Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has BEEN GIVEN among men by which we must get saved.”

WHO GAVE THAT NAME, DEFINITELY THE ONE WHO APPOINTED A SAVIOR!

Mt 1:21She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”
Ac 10:43To him all the prophets bear witness, that everyone putting faith in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

JEHOVAH SAID THIS CONCERNING JESUS
Isa 53:11Because of his anguish, he will see and be satisfied. By means of his knowledge the righteous one, my servant, Will bring a righteous standing to many people, And their errors he will bear.

THUS THE ONE WHO GAVE THE NAME IS THE ONE WHO APPOINTED AND SENT JESUS TO BE THE SAVIOR, TO SAVE THOSE WHO WORSHIP HIM.
King James Version
1Jo 4:14And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Good that you know the name of the one who God sent to makind, do you know that he is also his son, his only begotten son?
[b]1Jo 4:9, 10By this the love of God was revealed in our case, that God sent his only-begotten Son into the world so that we might gain life through him. 10The love is in this respect, not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins.
JESUS IS SAVIOR BECAUSE GOD, THE ALMIGHTY, THE MOST HIGH, JEHOVAH SENT HIM.(Go and examine jehovahs prophecies about jesus)

the name of God that is translated to Jehovah in English occurs thousands of times in the scriptures!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:11am On Nov 06, 2016
The name Jehovah God was change by the JW's when the JW's were printing the King James out on there own pressers. Even after the New Word Translation was made.
The switch was made in those times. Not even the Jewish People used the Jehovah's name as their God..
johnw74:

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:22am On Nov 06, 2016
So was the Lord talking to Jehovah or was it Jehovah talking to the Lord?
dolphinheart:

YOUR CROOKED WAYS WILL NOT LEAVE YOU.
It is evident that the one the psalms said was talking is JEHOVAH(Yahweh or yehovah, whichever one you like), but you do not want to identify that one as Jehovah as it will expose your false doctrines, you will go to any length to alter what the scriptures says so as to sustain this false teachings.
The LORD their is Jehovah, he was talking to jesus, his son(though you lie that he is not God's son).

The scriptures teaches us that Jehovah is the almighty God, he is the supreme one, he is the God of the isrealites, he is the most high.
Jehovah says jesus is his servant(if we look at the prophecy and it's fufillment), his son(he said so directly to everyone hearing)

Jehovah said to jesus, "sit at my right hand" , that is why the scriptures say, explained in visions, revealed, explained to us that jesus is at the right hand of God, the almighty, the most high.
[b]Ro 8:34Who will condemn them? Christ Jesus is the one who died, yes, more than that the one who was raised up, who is at the right hand of God and who also pleads for us.

Eph 1:20which he exercised toward Christ when he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places,

Heb 8:1Now this is the main point of what we are saying: We have such a high priest as this, and he has sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,

Heb 12:2as we look intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, Jesus. For the joy that was set before him he endured a torture stake, despising shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

YOU READ THOSE SCRIPTURES ABOVE , YET YOU REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT JESUS SITS AT THE RIGHT HAND OF JEHOVAH( WHO THE SCRIPTURES HAS DIRECTLY CALLED ALMIGHTY, MOST HIGH GOD).

It is your refusal to accept those verses that is compelling you to rejects what the psalmist said, that Jehovah was talking to jesus.
Ps 110:1Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:16am On Nov 06, 2016
Dolphinheart In {Acts 2:24} Peter say's that God raised {Jesus} from the dead" {See also Roman 8:11, 2 Corinthians 4:14, Romans 1:4} Say's that the Spirit raised Jesus from the dead?
{Romans 8:11} clearly says that God will resurrect believers "through His Spirit" And In {John 2:19} Jesus predicts He will raise Himself from the dead.
See also {John 10:18} So who exactly resurrected Jesus from the dead?

Was it the Father the Son or the Holy Spirit?
The basic answer Dolphinheart to that-God raised Him {Jesus to life} {Acts 2:32} The Father is God and the Father raised His Son to life on the third day after His crucifixion {Romans 6:4, 2 Corinthians 13:4} The Spirit is also God, and the Spirit also had part in raising Jesus up from the dead. The Son is also God, and the Son, too, was responsible for His own resurrection.

Dolphinheart how can a dead man resurrect Himself?
Answer Jesus was more then a man who died, He was the eternal Son of God, "INCARNATED" Wicked men could kill His body, but they could not change His eternal nature or diminish His divine power Read {John 10:17-18} Jesus say's something that no mortal could ever say, I lay down My life, only to take it up again. No-one takes it from Me, but I lay it down on My own accord. I have the Authority to lay it down and the Authority to take it up again. "No-one else in the history of the world has ever had the Authority both to lay down His life and raise it up again.

Dolphinheart furthermore, Jesus said I Am the resurrection and the life: {John 11:25} He did not say My Father is the resurrection. He claimed to be the resurrection Himself "LIFE RESIDES WITH JESUS" And He has absolute Authority over life and death. {Revelation 1:18}
Dolphinheart Jesus is God, He would say, He could raise up His body on the third day, because He is part of the one being of God.

Who resurrected Jesus from the dead? God did, by that we mean all 3 persons were involved, or three persons participated in creation
{1 Corinthians 8:6, Genesis 1:1-2} All three are involved in Salvation {John 3:6,16} And all three are responsible for the resurrection of Jesus Christ..
dolphinheart:

YOUR CROOKED WAYS WILL NOT LEAVE YOU.
It is evident that the one the psalms said was talking is JEHOVAH(Yahweh or yehovah, whichever one you like), but you do not want to identify that one as Jehovah as it will expose your false doctrines, you will go to any length to alter what the scriptures says so as to sustain this false teachings.
The LORD their is Jehovah, he was talking to jesus, his son(though you lie that he is not God's son).

The scriptures teaches us that Jehovah is the almighty God, he is the supreme one, he is the God of the isrealites, he is the most high.
Jehovah says jesus is his servant(if we look at the prophecy and it's fufillment), his son(he said so directly to everyone hearing)

Jehovah said to jesus, "sit at my right hand" , that is why the scriptures say, explained in visions, revealed, explained to us that jesus is at the right hand of God, the almighty, the most high.
[b]Ro 8:34Who will condemn them? Christ Jesus is the one who died, yes, more than that the one who was raised up, who is at the right hand of God and who also pleads for us.

Eph 1:20which he exercised toward Christ when he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places,

Heb 8:1Now this is the main point of what we are saying: We have such a high priest as this, and he has sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,

Heb 12:2as we look intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, Jesus. For the joy that was set before him he endured a torture stake, despising shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

YOU READ THOSE SCRIPTURES ABOVE , YET YOU REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT JESUS SITS AT THE RIGHT HAND OF JEHOVAH( WHO THE SCRIPTURES HAS DIRECTLY CALLED ALMIGHTY, MOST HIGH GOD).

It is your refusal to accept those verses that is compelling you to rejects what the psalmist said, that Jehovah was talking to jesus.
Ps 110:1Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:28am On Nov 06, 2016
You are a dreamer-JW's don't get handed down anything from the Lord-you don't accept Christ, you maybe the head of your wife-but Jesus isn't the head of you, you and your organisation doesn't even recognise Him. So how can you claim He is the head of Man.
When you claim that Jehovah God is the only God that exist..
achorladey:
@Brocab Then it just proves it' your God isn't "My God. That settles it.
My own conclusion is this. If I am to be in a function where am to deliver a public talk, top dignitaries includes Jehovah (the Almighty God), Jesus christ( the only begotten Son of God) the angels were all present including humans like BroCab, Solite3 Dolphinheart Johnw74 were present. Apostle Paul is the coordinator of the programme for the day and he handed down to me(achorladey) the hierarchy of dignitaries present as stated in 1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you(achorladey) know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
I achorladey boldly state here I dare not go beyond what has been handed down to me by Apostle Paul. Except someone prove to me that what Paul said in that scripture is physically inspired not spiritually inspired.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:43am On Nov 06, 2016
satan means the accuser, and if the accuser is the devil, then satan means the devil

Jehovah means the self existent, and if the self existent is God, then Jehovan means God

satan means the devil
and Jehovah means God

but to false jw Jehovah doesn't mean God,
Ha ha, well it is true that their jehovah is not God,
that's where there confusion lies.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 3:05am On Nov 06, 2016
brocab:
The name Jehovah God was change by the JW's when the JW's were printing the King James out on there own pressers. Even after the New Word Translation was made.
The switch was made in those times. Not even the Jewish People used the Jehovah's name as their God..

I only use the name Jehovah when adressing false jw so as they don't get even more confused.

The true name of god might be Yahovah, it might be Yahweh or something else
I'm not talking about Jehovah being the true name of God,
but about YHWH however it's pronounced meaning God,
and of course YHWH means self existing, and only God is self existing, meaning that YHWH means the self existing God.

I only glance through false jw threads, how do you pronounce YHWH bro?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:08am On Nov 06, 2016
johnw74:

stop being dubious , they did not say " name for God" , they said "NAME OF GOD"

Jehovah (/dʒᵻˈhoʊvə/ jə-hoh-və) is a Latinization of the Hebrew יְהֹוָה, one vocalizationof the Tetragrammaton יהוה (YHWH), the proper name of the God of Israel in theHebrew Bible.
wikepedia

a name of God in the Old Testament, a rendering of the ineffable name, JHVH, in the Hebrew Scriptures.
dictionary dot com

EVEN IF YOU DNT BELIEVE THE ABOVE, BELIEVE WHAT THE SCRIPTURES TELL YOU
King James Version
Ps 83:18That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

exodus 6:3 and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as God Almighty; but by my name Jehovah I was not known to them.

Isa 42:8 I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images.

Ex 3:15Then God said once more to Moses: “This is what you are to say to the Israelites, ‘Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered from generation to generation.

Ex 15:3Jehovah is a powerful warrior. Jehovah is his name..

PLS DO NOT DENY THAT JEHOVAH IS NOT THE NAME OF GOD, FOR YOU WILL BE WHAT THE PSALMIST PRAYED AGAINST!
Pr 30:9So that I do not become satisfied and deny you and say, “Who is Jehovah?” Nor let me become poor and steal and dishonor the name of my God.

Jehovah is the name of the God of the Jews, that God in the only self existant God.

[b]Joh 20:17Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”

I know who my father is!

EVEN THE KJV dictionary says :
KJV Dictionary / J / jehovah

KJV Dictionary Definition: jehovahjehovah

JEHO'VAH, n. The Scripture name of the Supreme Being. If, as is supposed, this name is from the Hebrew substantive verb, the word denotes the Permanent Being, as the primary sense of the substantive verb in all languages, is to be fixed, to stand, to remain or abide. This is a name peculiarly appropriate to the eternal Spirit, the unchangeable God, who describes himself thus, I am that I am. Ex.3.

Jehovah does not mean God, God is a different Hebrew word from Jehovah.
Hebrew: אלהים
Transliteration: 'ĕlôhîym
Pronunciation: el-o-heem'
Definition: Plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural {thus} especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative: - {angels} X {exceeding} God (gods) ({-dess} {-ly}) X (very) {great} {judges} X mighty.
KJV Usage: God (2,346x), god (244x), judge (5x), GOD (1x), goddess (2x), great (2x), mighty (2x), angels (1x), exceeding (1x), God-ward (with H4136) (1x), godly (1x).
Occurs: 2606
In verses: 2249

NEITHER DID ANY TRANSLATOR TRANSLATE THE HEBREW WORD FOR JEHOVAH AS GOD!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:17am On Nov 06, 2016
brocab:

oh my!, SEE LIES!!!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:27am On Nov 06, 2016
brocab:
So was the Lord talking to Jehovah or was it Jehovah talking to the Lord?
You don't know who was talking to who ? Here it is again :
Ps 110:1 Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”

the verse above tells you who was talking to who and what the person said.

The scriptures has shown to you how what that person said was fulfilled, Jehovah(God, the most high, almighty, supreme one) sits jesus(his son, servant, messiah, appointed one, his apostle) at his right hand.
The prophecies said this, the scriptures recorded this , Stephen even saw a vision of jesus at the right hand of God!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:15am On Nov 06, 2016
@BroCab the JWs don't accept christ yet they use John 3:16 in many of there books, brochures and magazines that discuss Jesus or the Ransom( Jehovah’s Greatest gift). Learn to apply scriptures Bro.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:46pm On Nov 06, 2016
But the problem is, David said-The Lord said to My lord-he didn't say Jehovah said to My Lord.
Matter of fact when the JW's were publishing the King James Bible-Back around the early 1900's the JW's would use the King James until around 1950's even after they published the New World Translation.
A slight problem the JW's made they had removed and twisted most translations that was written in their own bible, which of course many thousands had left the JW organisation, with the false prophesies Farmers and stock men wouldn't grow Crops, breed shocks because of the false religion the JW's decided to follow after the lie, rather than the truth.
Which of course caused an up-roar within the Watchtower organisation, confusion struct, and people from around the globe-leaving the JW's later finding Christ, and as time went by-the X JW's had managed to stay with the King James bible finding the truth in their hearts about Christ and many are saved.
Through time we see the evidence had changed-so I understand how lost you are-this is why you disagree with the King James bible, only because the Watchtower looses thousands daily, because the NWT Bible doesn't hold the manuscripts as it should. The King James Bible holds the greatest title in bible history, a selling bible that sold billions, while your bible doesn't even get a mention..
The truth will set you free-just ask an X JW..
dolphinheart:

You don't know who was talking to who ? Here it is again :
Ps 110:1 Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”

the verse above tells you who was talking to who and what the person said.

The scriptures has shown to you how what that person said was fulfilled, Jehovah(God, the most high, almighty, supreme one) sits jesus(his son, servant, messiah, appointed one, his apostle) at his right hand.
The prophecies said this, the scriptures recorded this , Stephen even saw a vision of jesus at the right hand of God!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 2:16pm On Nov 06, 2016
@BroCab The JWs do not accept christ yet they use John 3 :16 in many of there books, brochures and magazines that discuss Jesus or the Ransom sacrifice(Jehovah’s Greatest gift). They do not accept christ yet they produce the book 'the greatest man who ever lived'. Learn to apply scriptures properly. It will do you good.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
Well then if the JW's don't accept Christ Yet-then how do you call yourselves Christian?
achorladey:
@BroCab The JWs do not accept christ yet they use John 3 :16 in many of there books, brochures and magazines that discuss Jesus or the Ransom sacrifice(Jehovah’s Greatest gift). They do not accept christ yet they produce the book 'the greatest man who ever lived'. Learn to apply scriptures properly. It will do you good.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 2:23pm On Nov 06, 2016
brocab

brocab:
But the problem is, David said-The Lord said to My lord-he didn't say Jehovah said to My Lord.
Matter of fact when the JW's were publishing the King James Bible-Back around the early 1900's the JW's would use the King James until around 1950's even after they published the New World Translation.
Again the problem is, the JW's had removed and twisted most translations that was written in their own bible, which of course many thousands had left the JW organisation, only because of the confusion, and as time went by-the JW's manage to lie more about the truth, and of course from the King James the JW's have written the Watchtower magazines, only because back then the people were starting to know the truth.
Through time we see the evidence why you disagree with the King James bible, not does it hold the greatest title in bible history, a selling bible that sold billions, but you have communicated with your NWT Bible from the beginning. Your ancestors knew some truth while you only knew the lies.
The NWT Bible doesn't even get a mention. And thousands of JW's daily are dropping like fly's, seeking the truth about Christ everyday..

there are other translations out there which says Jehovah said to My Lord

"Jehovah saith unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, Until I make thine enemies thy footstool." ASV

"{Psalm of David.} Jehovah said unto my Lord, Sit at my right hand, until I put thine enemies [as] footstool of thy feet." Darby

Do you have any issue with these ?

The truth will set you free-just ask an X JW.

how many Ex Jw have you met , you will be surprised that many Ex JW left only to pursue worldly pleasures , majority lose interest in the God and Bible and some turned atheist . some who seem to hold on to the bible becomes sit at home Christians forsaking Hebrew 10:24,25 and isolating themselves, something the scripture advised against . why? they have known the truth, and their conscience won't allow them join most religion that preach lies. and since they have left their source of truth , they just stray from believing in God altogether . hehehehehehehe who lose .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:26pm On Nov 06, 2016
So you are saying the JW's didn't print the King James Bibles on the press?
Well well haven't you got something to learn about-this is properly the switch they made given God a new name Jehovah..
dolphinheart:

oh my!, SEE LIES!!!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:31pm On Nov 06, 2016
I wonder where the name Jehovah came from, it sounds silly in the bible-Jehovah means God-and if the JW's call Jehovah God-then really they are saying God God? If the Jews knew about it, it would be spelt Yehovah.
And I have met heaps of X JW's they are everywhere.
Barristter07:
brocab

"Jehovah saith unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, Until I make thine enemies thy footstool." ASV

"{Psalm of David.} Jehovah said unto my Lord, Sit at my right hand, until I put thine enemies [as] footstool of thy feet." Darby

how many Ex Jw have you met , you will be surprised that many Ex JW left only to pursue worldly pleasures , majority lose interest in the God and Bible and some turned atheist . some who seem to hold on to the bible becomes sit at home Christians forsaking Hebrew 10:24,25 and isolating themselves, something the scripture advised against . why? they have known the truth, and their conscience won't allow them join most religion that preach lies. and since they have left their source of truth , they just stray from believing in God altogether . hehehehehehehe who lose .

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2016
But see that's the problem if the JW's really knew Christ in the first place-people couldn't turn away to become Atheist.
Barristter07:
brocab

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2016
@brocab... You dont seem to understand what I wrote. Can the JWs say they are not christians and still make good use of John 3v16? The JWs produced the book' The greatest man who ever lived' and yet in your own heart you believe they are not christians or do not accept christ. The JWs sees the Ransom as Jehovah's greatest gift. Yet you still believe they do not accept christ. Hope you have a clear view of my point earlier.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:45pm On Nov 06, 2016
People can read any book-and not become part of it-but without living it-and knowing Christ-the book is just a book..
And in your case-Christ is just a book.

Quoting scriptures proves nothing to anybody.
achorladey:
@brocab... You dont seem to understand what I wrote. Can the JWs say they are not christians and still make good use of John 3v16? The JWs produced the book' The greatest man who ever lived' and yet in your own heart you believe they are not christians or do not accept christ. The JWs sees the Ransom as Jehovah's greatest gift. Yet you still believe they do not accept christ. Hope you have a clear view of my point earlier.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 2:50pm On Nov 06, 2016
Brocab

brocab:
I wonder where the name Jehovah came from, it sounds silly in the bible-Jehovah means God-and if the JW's call Jehovah God-then really they are saying God God? If the Jews knew about it, it would be spelt Yehovah.
And I have met heaps of X JW's they are everywhere.

Visit any primary or private school , even corporate organisations like Banks . in the morning before the days work, they do something called morning devotion . in most of the songs used in this devotion , many of these songs which are at times church hymns use the name " Jehovah" just to show you how baseless your arguments are . the name has been established , there is nothing haters like you can do grin grin grin

furthermore, since the name Jehovah is silly according to you . see below
psalm 83:18

" That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth." KJV

[size=27]

is KJV silly for using the name ?

[/size]

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And they shall know that your Name is Lord Jehovah; you alone are exalted in all the Earth!

American King James Version
That men may know that you, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, are the most high over all the earth.

That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, Art the Most High over all the earth.

Darby Bible Translation
That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, art the Most High over all the earth.

English Revised Version
That they may know that thou alone, whose name is JEHOVAH, art the Most High over all the earth.

Webster's Bible Translation
That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH

[size=27]
are this translations silly ?
[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2016
brocab:
People can read any book-and not become part of it-but without living it-and knowing Christ-the book is just a book..
And in your case-Christ is just a book.

Quoting scriptures proves nothing to anybody.

Wetin dem ask am, wetin he dey talk grin

dolphinheart and archorladey .. you dey try sha!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 3:23pm On Nov 06, 2016
Brocab said and I quote 'And in your(achorladey) case-Christ is just a book'. Brocab speak for yourself don't speak for me. Please don't corrupt the mind of those following the thread. Jesus Christ, I(achorladey) insist remains Jehovah’s Greatest gift for mankind and I.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2016
John 3 :16 explain the best possible way for the JWs and mankind can use the greatest gift.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 6:03pm On Nov 06, 2016
dolphinheart:

stop being dubious , they did not say " name for God" , they said "NAME OF GOD"

wikepedia

dictionary dot com

EVEN IF YOU DNT BELIEVE THE ABOVE, BELIEVE WHAT THE SCRIPTURES TELL YOU
King James Version

Ex 3:15Then God said once more to Moses: “This is what you are to say to the Israelites, ‘Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered from generation to generation.

Ex 15:3Jehovah is a powerful warrior. Jehovah is his name..

PLS DO NOT DENY THAT JEHOVAH IS NOT THE NAME OF GOD, FOR YOU WILL BE WHAT THE PSALMIST PRAYED AGAINST!
Pr 30:9So that I do not become satisfied and deny you and say, “Who is Jehovah?” Nor let me become poor and steal and dishonor the name of my God.

Jehovah is the name of the God of the Jews, that God in the only self existant God.

[b]Joh 20:17Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”

I know who my father is!

EVEN THE KJV dictionary says :
KJV Dictionary / J / jehovah

KJV Dictionary Definition: jehovahjehovah

JEHO'VAH, n. The Scripture name of the Supreme Being. If, as is supposed, this name is from the Hebrew substantive verb, the word denotes the Permanent Being, as the primary sense of the substantive verb in all languages, is to be fixed, to stand, to remain or abide. This is a name peculiarly appropriate to the eternal Spirit, the unchangeable God, who describes himself thus, I am that I am. Ex.3.

Jehovah does not mean God, God is a different Hebrew word from Jehovah.
Hebrew: אלהים
Transliteration: 'ĕlôhîym
Pronunciation: el-o-heem'
Definition: Plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural {thus} especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative: - {angels} X {exceeding} God (gods) ({-dess} {-ly}) X (very) {great} {judges} X mighty.
KJV Usage: God (2,346x), god (244x), judge (5x), GOD (1x), goddess (2x), great (2x), mighty (2x), angels (1x), exceeding (1x), God-ward (with H4136) (1x), godly (1x).
Occurs: 2606
In verses: 2249

NEITHER DID ANY TRANSLATOR TRANSLATE THE HEBREW WORD FOR JEHOVAH AS GOD!

Oh boy, what long posts of confusion,
since God has many names, my saying Jehovah is "a name for God" is correct.
such a long post saying it isn't
Jehovah is [size=14pt]a[/size] name for God, Jehovah is [size=14pt]the[/size] name of God, makes no difference at all to Jehovah meaning God
just more twisting from false jw smiley

johnw74:

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 6:13pm On Nov 06, 2016
dolphinheart:

when you read things, read it fully, reading halfway always cause confusion.
what you quoted says "Jewish national name of God"

Jehovah is the name of the God of the Jews, other gods also have other names!
Jehovah is a self existant God, that is why the word "the" is added.

wikepedia

dictionary dot com

LETS EVEN GO INTO THE SCRIPTURES
King James Version

AS YOU CAN FROM THE SCRIPTURES AND DICTIONARIES AND EVEN FROM YOUR QUOTE, JEHOVAH IS THE NAME OF THE GOD OF THE ISREALITES, JEHOVAH DOES MEAN GOD!. Stop derived analogy, it does not work, that jehovah is the only self existant God does not mean jehovah means God!

You say Jehovah means the name of God but Jehovah doesn't mean God, ha ha

Jehovah means the self existent - Jehovah means God
unless someone else other than Jehovah is the self existent.

H3068
יְהֹוָה
yehôvâh
yeh-ho-vaw'

1Co 14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. 

However as we are seeing there is a lot of confusion outside of the Churches of the saints.
supossed Jehovah witness doesn't know that Jehovah means God. cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2016
[
quote author=dolphinheart post=50731902]
LAST TIME ILL GIVE THIS MESSAGE: please learn how to quote correctly, I will not go through the task of copying and pasting your comments again. If I try to reply you and see it blank, I'll leave it like that!
[/quote] i didnt do it on purpose

Yes , a mighty god, but he is not the same god as the father, the father is the almighty God, the supreme being, the most high God, the one jesus and the disciples told us to worship.
Ps 82:1God takes his place in the divine assembly; In the middle of the gods he judges:
does that imply that there are two gods?

the scripture above identifies God Judging in the middle of other gods, their are other God's apart from the Almighty God. [/b]you can only be most high if their are others you are higher than. If their are no other, then you are not higher than anyone.
@ bold wow shocked dolphinheart
There are other gods besides Jehovah!

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: [b]before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

This clearly exposes you as a false witness.
Funny enough this is the verse you claim Jehovah witness came from. Hmmmmmmm
The disciples of jesus know these truth , that is why they stated below:
1Co 8:5For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,”

But jesus has taught them who among all those god's is the one they should serve , the only true God!, the almighty!
Joh 17:3This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ
*jesus was talking about the father as the only true God.

Joh 20:17Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”

It is this knowledge that made the disciples say this :
1Co 8:6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.
like I said before,you barely know what u are quoting.
Lol, i know you must be confused by now.
do you know whh 'only' is used?
If there is only one true God does that not mean all others are false gods?

The disciples know that their God is not three persons in one, that the father and jesus are not same person, neither are they same God, their words have rejected the trinity, man made doctrines that was believed by pagans and later crept into Christianity long after they died!.
They know who theIr God is, he is the father and only the father! NO ADDITIONS!.
the disciples knew Jesus was God.
Was it not a disciple who called Jesus his God and Lord?
Was it not a disciple who vividly wrote that Jesus is God? Joh 1:1
Dont make me laugh plssss!
Ur denial cannot alter what is written! Its either you believe or you dont.

wrong? wrong about what?

solite3, I asked you :do you have more than one god, the father like the apostles have or you have more than than the father as your God?

The disciples only have one God, and they identified that one God as the father!, just as jesus taught them. your answer has proven that you do not have the Same God as the disciples , you do not worship the same god the disciples identified as their God.
1Ti 2:5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,
i answered you that i have only one God the father. Jesus is not no2 God but is the very God.

1. its Good to see you understood the issue of who recieves the Glory, as you have seen who receives the glory of bowing to jesus. The verses did not even say God (so that you might twist it), it Identified who God is, he is the father!
you dont even know that the father 's glory is also the son's glory. Lol
Well thats not the point i was making.

My point is,
If God commanded that we should not bow down to anyother god why the sudden change in the new testament.
Does God change?

2. Our discussion have been on who jehovah is, as you claim Jehovah is jesus christ because all are commanded to bow to him. [s]These assertion has been proven to be false when we looked at the context of that verse when the command was given:[[/s]/quote] @ bold almost exactly my point is if Jehovah said we should not bow down to anyother god how come he tells us to bow down to another god.i didnt bring in the topic of who receives it or not.

Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

You see this verse never talk of who recieves the glory or not but was clear and unambigious that we should not bow down before another god.

@cancelled one verse of the bible cannot cancel another Jesus said God's word cannot be broken as you are trying so hard to do.

[quote]Php 2:9For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name,

the verse above has shown that the God and jesus that the writer is talking about are not the same person, neither are they the same being!
The verse teaching us that
(1.)God exalted jesus
(2.)God gave jesus a name
(3.)God gave jesus a position superior to the one he had before!
If God as used in the context is not jesus, but later revealed to be the father, how come both of them are jehovah.
did jehovah exalt himself? No
did he give himself a new name ? No!
But it makes more sense and also fulfills the prophecies when Jehovah said he will exalt his servant if we agree to the truth that the God in those verses above is jehovah, and his servant is Jesus who he exalted, It fully comforms to the prophecy and Stephens vision of seing jesus at the exalted right hand of Jesus!
this your tacts of evading qjestions ehhh
That verse you quoted said every knee bows to Jesus but isaiah said every knees will bow to Jehovah.

Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Jehovah even sworn by himself that every knee will bow to him and now he said every knee should bow to Jesus. is this not God breaking his own oat? Do you think made a mistake when he said every knee would bow to Jesus as a Jew who know the law?

3. As explained to you in the scriptures, [b]you are bending in the name of Jesus because God gave the command to do so, an[/b]d our bending in that name is to the Glory of God, you are not worshiping jesus, but worshiping and obeying God's command.
how can God give a command for us to bow to another god? Something does not fit in?
This does not mean God is Jesus, but the bending is still to God though you are doing it in jesus name!
if Jesus is not Jehovah, that leaves a big dent on God's character because that means God lied when he said unto him every knee will bow and every tongue confess

Jehovah has granted the faithful resurrected Jesus Christ a superior position and a name that is above every other name, “so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground.” All who gain life must bend their knees in worship to Jehovah in the name of Jesus Christ and acknowledge him as Lord to God’s glory.
dont try to manipulate that verse, it says every knee would bow and ever tongue would confess that Jesus is the Lord. So it is clear that evey knee will bow to and the tongue would confess to the same God.

Jehovah said to him every knee would bow and every tongue will confess, he didnt say every knee would bow to him while their tongue will confess to another god. Be guided.

Do not think the scriptures contradict (even though you refuse to explain it), Follow God's arrangement of using the son to achieve his will, which includes the issue of who you bow to!
@ bold No sir! The problem is you have a wrong understanding and you lack the holy spirit.
@coloured i didnt refuse to explain. Infact i will be glad to preach Jesus to you but arguement has blinded you. I min no offence.

[b]Eph 1:9by making known to us the sacred secret of his will. It is according to his good pleasure that he himself purposed
Eph 1:10for an administration at the full limit of the appointed times, to gather all things together in the Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth. Yes, in him
Eph 1:11with whom we are in union and were assigned as heirs, having been foreordained according to the purpose of the one who accomplishes all things as he decides according to his will,
Eph 1:17 [ color=blue]that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory,[/color] may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the accurate knowledge of him.
Eph 1:19and how surpassing the greatness of his power is toward us believers. It is according to the operation of the mightiness of his strength,
Eph 1:20 which he exercised toward Christ when he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21far above every government and authority and power and lordship and every name that is named, not only in this system of things but also in that to come.
Eph 1:22 He also subjected all things under his feet and made him head over all things with regard to the congregation,[/b]

If God decides to receive his glory through bowing in the name of jesus, who are you to question God.
If God says he does things through jesus, IT STILL DOES NOT MAKE JESUS GOD!
false witness opinion will not make Jesus loss his Godhood infact your opinion does not matter.it is the word of God that matters.
@ bold smiley questioning God or watch tower teaching?

You asked me: was there anybody in history who the israelities recognises as their saviour?
The answer is yes and no, Yes because their are certain israelities who knew those Jehovah sent to them as saviors , they called them savior or saviors and recorded it, just the same way present worshipers of God recognise jesus as savior.
No because the israelites in general do not give any human title of savior.

All saviors , including jesus, where by the express appointment and directive of Jehovah!, as the previous saviours where sent by Jehovah , so also was jesus sent!
@ bold u have answered my question no human bears that title Saviour but Jehovah hence Jehovah is the sole saviour of the Jews although he might have raised people who acts as delivers at some point but Jehovah bears the name Saviour.
Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Jesus fully bears the same title Saviour

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

BTW Saviour of Israel is not a human title. Jehovah identifies himself as the Saviour of Israel.

Isaiah 45:15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2016
Cc John, brocab
Dolphinheart just admit that there are other gods besides Jehovah God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (278) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Sincere Milk — The Song Of The Angels / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 176
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.