Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,514 members, 7,850,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:46 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (377129 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 2:15pm On Nov 03, 2016
brocab:
As I had already told you I have explained {Psalms 110:1} It isn't my problem you had refused to read all what I have written-Look up 12-12 Oct 27, Page 119...

You are a very dubious individual, did I ask you to explain psalms 110:1 , No!, I asked you to tell me who jehovah was talking to in psalms 110:1. can you identify the lord that jehovah was talking to?, I don't think so!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:58pm On Nov 03, 2016
We can keep on going down hill with you Dolplinheart because none of the King James bible will make any sense to you-No bible does, not even the NWT bible.
You will never understand the word of God-you can't. That's the bottom line-your organisation won't allow you too..
{Matthew 4:6-10} The Devil said "If you are the Son of God" throw yourself down-did Jesus throw Himself down "NO" why because Jesus said-you shall not tempt the Lord your God.
It's quite strange why Jesus would say such a verse to Satan-when He is "Called to be the Son of God?
One would think-Jesus being the Son of God would have the same authority God has, but Jesus second remarks were Satan get behind Me, for it is written you shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve..
God did give Jesus all His authority didn't He-so why didn't Jesus rebuke the Devil in His own Name the Son of God..
Dolphinheart-the best part about the bible is-you can't see it, to understand it, Who Jesus is..

Don't you hate the word Of God, even when its written out from the King James bible...
This doesn't sound right? Dolphinheart writes-Later they heard the voice of Jehovah God-He was walking in the garden-Jehovah means God doesn't it? So they heard the voice of God God-He was walking in the Garden..
God said "I Am" to Moses-and Jesus said before Abraham was born "I Am" {John 8:58} Why would Jesus take on God's name "I Am, Shepherd, Savour, Almighty, if Jesus is just a Son..
The rest of the page-it shows you have lost your way... The Jewish people don't even know the Jehovah name-and if they did it should spell like Yehovah
dolphinheart:

YOU COULD NOT DEFEND YOUR STATEMENT , is jesus called the son of God, but he is not really Gods son?. your statement indictates that jesus is not really God's son but he is called God's son or uses the nickname " son of God" .
You said:

"The scripture directly tells us He was "Called" the Son of God, not that He is the Son of God"

"Jesus was Called to be the Son of God- the scriptures never said He is the Son of God.

Neither did I say so. pls direct me to the verse where Adam saw God.
This is what the scriptures say:
Ge 3:8 Later they heard the voice of Jehovah God as he was walking in the garden about the breezy part of the day, and the man and his wife hid from the face of Jehovah God among the trees of the garden.

1. I've shown you(or probably your brother) how scholars explained the words " I am " that God said to moses, you could not say anything against it, so you all ran away from that explanation.

2. Jesus was discussing with his accusers about his age, not that if he is God, so he was telling them he existed(the correct description) before Abraham, he lived before Abraham!

3. There are others who said " I am " in the scriptures, does it mean they are God too? no!
2Sa 20:17So he went near to her, and the woman said: “Are you Joʹab?” He replied: “I am.” At this she said to him: “Listen to the words of your servant.” He said: “I am listening.”

4. Go and look up up the Hebrew word translated to "i am " and see how it is translated when used in other verses , it will help you understand better!

GIVE AN EXAMPLE Of WHERE I DID SUCH!, Stop laying false accusations!

Wrong! The hebrew language has no vowels, though if they could pronounce it that way I do not
know.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:17pm On Nov 03, 2016
Let's you read this hole chapter again, and check it out about {Psalms 110:1}
Try and understand Dolphinheart I am not against you-I am trying to help you-It doesn't matter how many times I have explained the scriptures to you-you are still trying to turn the Word Of God against itself. You on bringing in other verses that doesn't line up with the same topic we are talking about. Your not an elder-you are just a servant of your organisation.
Jesus served, He was also "Called the Son of God" Truly your heart isn't with the Lord, your heart is with your organisation.

I ask for the Holy Spirit to guild me today to answer this verse correctly, and explain to Dolphinheart the meaning of {Psalms 110:1} verse equals verse. Praise the Lord...
{Psalms 110:1} The clause the LORD say's to my Lord contains two different Hebrew words "lord" in the original.
The first word is "Yahweh" the Hebrew covenant name for God, the second is "Adonal" meaning lord or master, so {Psalms 110:1} David writes this. "Yahweh" say's to my Adonal".
Back in those day's men were called lords and masters. Lords are still being used today, It's called the house of the lords in the Queens house in England. Look it up...
But I am not expecting you to accept the truth, only because you are armed up, with nothing-you don't even study enough to even try to find the Word Of God nor any truth that go's with it. "But listen to what Jesus had said, David spoke in the Spirit" this is something you can't do without having the Spirit Of God. But God did speak through a Donkey and the burning bush, and of course He spoke in the Spirit-because He is Spirit?
The common title of the Messiah in Jesus's day was "Son of David" Based on the fact that the messiah would be a descendant of David who would inherit the throne and fulfil the "Davidic Covenant" {2 Samuel 7} Jesus capitalises on the Jewish use of the title "Son of David" to drive home His point In {Matthew 22} While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, What do you think about the Messiah? Who's Son is He? The Son of David, they replied" He said to them, How is it, then that David speaking by the Spirit "Calls Him Lord"? For he say's. "The lord said to My Lord sit at My right hand until I make your enemies under your feet" "If David Calls Him Lord' How can it be His Son? {Matthew 22:41-45}
Instead of trying to turn the scriptures against each other, study them first and explain each of the verses before writing them down. Like the Holy Spirit had helped me do above and below.
No-one can speak the ins and outs about God without the Spirit? Listen to the Words "David spoke in the Spirit" {Psalms 110:1}
This is why you find it difficult to understand the Word Of God, we are reading the same bible the King James,-but the difference is, you are trying to Calculate it, work it out in your own mind, while I am listening to God in the Spirit. I see things God see's, that you can't see, it doesn't mean the Words isn't written, they are there-page upon page, verse upon verse, scripture upon scripture.
Different denominations have different teachings, and without the Spirit of God inside them-then these different denominations are dead Buildings.
God uses His Spirit to enlighten those who serve Him. David Prayed, teach me to do your will, for you are my God, Your Spirit is Good may it lead me into the land of righteousness {Psalms 143:10} When 70 capable men were appointed to help Moses. God said to him, "I shall have to take away some of the Spirit that is upon you and place it upon them {Numbers 11:17}
And your Church haven't accepted the Word Of God fully. Even back then Moses and David received the Holy Spirit asking God into their lives-The JW's organisation have stayed on the highways 'you haven't found that Narrow road Jesus talks about..
Jesus said you need to become Born again before you can enter into the Kingdom Of God.. That also means we are entering into the Spirit...

And please explain if a blind man can see the scriptures-then what is your problem, you have eye's and you can't see them?
dolphinheart:

You are a very dubious individual, did I ask you to explain psalms 110:1 , No!, I asked you to tell me who jehovah was talking to in psalms 110:1. can you identify the lord that jehovah was talking to?, I don't think so!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:23pm On Nov 03, 2016
Your not making any sense-you need to verify your statement clearly..{Revelation 1:7-8} Say's it clear enough both God and Jesus hold this Same title..
{Isaiah 44:6} The said the Lord the king of Israel, and His redeemer the Lord of Host, I Am the first and I Am the Last, and besides Me there is no God..
achorladey:
@BroCab John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, God( ). I have replaced your 'I am' with God. Please, can you see the reason why I said give me names? If 'I am' is indeed the name while all of a sudden that verse become clueless or has no meaning.

I will repeat this once again, in your quest to make Jesus, the Almighty God, I hope you won't eventually make him a liar. If he is a liar, his ransom sacrifice becomes useless. Salvation through him is useless.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2016
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your Kingdom come, your will be done, On Earth as it is in Heaven, Give us this day our daily bread, and fore give us our debts, as we forgive our debtors, And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the Evil one, for your's is the Kingdom and the Power and the Glory forever and ever Amen..
And who has all the authority to forgive Sins-If you say it's God only? Then how come Jesus has all God's authority given Him that same power to forgive.
{Mark 2:10} But you may know that the Son of Man has the Power on Earth to forgive Sins...
achorladey:
@BroCab Before Jesus taught Is disciples to pray. Why did he give he instructions first concerning prayer? When the men of old prayed, who were they talking to? When the Temple in Jerusalem was dedicated by Solomon who was he talking to. When Jesus gave what we know as The Lords prayer,Who was he talking to. Matthew 6 :9,10. When Jesus said father forgive them while dying. Who was he speaking to. Matthew 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. Even Jesus did not lay claim that God was his father alone. He said our father. That papa wey dey heaven, no be Jesus alone get am ooooooo.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2016
brocab:
I am a Aussie-G-day Mate...
glad to meet you bro God bless you for the good job
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2016
johnw74:

Bro and Sol, did you see this posted by OLAADEGBU?
it's worth a look at this video.
https://www.nairaland.com/2655453/jehovahs-witnesses-cult-exposed/6#50687306
nice to hear from you bro.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 03, 2016
[quote author=dolphinheart post=50733991]
do well to answer my questions.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 03, 2016
@ dolphinheart
so you mean Jesus is a God?

if God the father is the only true God then all other gods would be false right?

Here is the contradiction dolphinheart
Jehovah commanded us not to bow down to any other
How come Jehovah now contradite himself commanding us to bow down to another God Jesus.
Is this not a contradiction?
@bold it is false the bible didnt say only those that knows Jesus will bow to him.
Look at what it said,

Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus [b]every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Again Jehovah said it is to him every knee would bow and every tongue will confess how come every knee is now bowing to Jesus and every tongue now confess Jesus.

It is not a matter of following God's arrangement but a matter of attributing falsehood to Jehovah.
Jehovah never makes any arrangement for his people to bow to another God.

Deuteronomy13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
13:2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
13:3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

You see dolphinheart God does not make a contradictory statement .

the israelities rejected Jesus as their messiah but not those who God raised as their saviour in time of help.
but they never acolade the title saviour to them because israel has only one Saviour Jehovah. christians attribute the title Saviour to Jesus because they know who Jesus is.
Do well to answer my questions.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:06am On Nov 04, 2016
And it's an honor to meet you too bro. Times are changing-the end times are now, the Lords teaching us all bro-from the four corners of the world.
solite3:
glad to meet you bro God bless you for the good job
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:25am On Nov 04, 2016
The Word Of God had replaced {John 8:58} with Jesus-both titles carry the same names, Shepherd, Almighty, I Am, Savour, Pierced, creator, both titles forgive Sins.
achorladey:
@BroCab John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, God( ). I have replaced your 'I am' with God. Please, can you see the reason why I said give me names? If 'I am' is indeed the name while all of a sudden that verse become clueless or has no meaning.

I will repeat this once again, in your quest to make Jesus, the Almighty God, I hope you won't eventually make him a liar. If he is a liar, his ransom sacrifice becomes useless. Salvation through him is useless.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:29am On Nov 04, 2016
Good video bro-the more the merrier, the world needs to see the JW's to be exposed in public..
johnw74:

Bro and Sol, did you see this posted by OLAADEGBU?
it's worth a look at this video.
https://www.nairaland.com/2655453/jehovahs-witnesses-cult-exposed/6#50687306
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:34am On Nov 04, 2016
@BroCab John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, the Word or the Word of God. I have replaced your 'I am' with 'the Word' or 'the word of God'. Please, can you see the reason why I said give me names? If 'the Word' or 'the Word of God' is indeed the name while all of a sudden that verse become clueless or has no meaning. Don't forget the issue that brought names into the discussion was John 3:16 I rephrased earlier on this thread as regard Jesus being the Almighty God. Don't make Jesus a liar I insist.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:54am On Nov 04, 2016
@BroCab which way? Which is correct? Which should I choose? To whom does this apply to?(Name only)
Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God( God the Son and God the Holy Spirit).
Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God(God the father and God the Holy Spirit).
Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God(God the Father and God the Son).

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:07am On Nov 04, 2016
@Brocab Please stop the abuse of numerous pages, chapters, verses of the Bible. Make proper use of those you've already cited. I am only raising questions on those cited so far. All you have to do is convince me enough in that same line of reasoning. Quoting the pierced one, Saviour e.t.c takes us nowhere. My own God is not as low to be pierced by human weapon.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:32am On Nov 04, 2016
@BroCab fantastic {Mark 2:10} But you may know that the Son of Man has the Power on Earth to forgive Sins. A vital point raised. Who is speaking in this verse?(Name only). Who is the Son? (Name only) Who is the Man? Name only. If the Son of Man were to be Jesus, where did he get authority recorded in Mark 2:10, Matthew 28 :18.
It's a known fact that Jesus christ is a learned person, he has never plagiarise anything. Whenever he cites from the scriptures, there is always a reference.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 04, 2016
[quote author=achorladey post=50757130] Jesus is God.
If you have not known Jesus you have not known God. The bible said Jesus is the word of God, because you are denying his identity as God that is why you are confused.
It is impossible to know the father . until you know Jesus is God Almighty then it will be clear as the day that Jesus and his Father are one! Then you will know Jesus as your saviour and Lord.
Shallom.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:33pm On Nov 04, 2016
brocab:
We can keep on going down hill with you Dolplinheart because none of the King James bible will make any sense to you-No bible does, not even the NWT bible.
You will never understand the word of God-you can't. That's the bottom line-your organisation won't allow you too..
Excuse after excuse, some facts where shown to you about the kjv, you still refuse to adress them. everytime it's one excuse after another!

{Matthew 4:6-10} The Devil said "If you are the Son of God" throw yourself down-did Jesus throw Himself down "NO" why because Jesus said-you shall not tempt the Lord your God.
It's quite strange why Jesus would say such a verse to Satan-when He is "Called to be the Son of God?
you keep on saying this false doctrine, you said jesus is not the son of God, a very big lie!
jesus did not Jump, not because he is not the son of God, but he does not want to put his father, the almighty God, his God to the text . He does not want to text God to know if God will truly save him!
De 6:16“You must not put Jehovah your God to the test the way you put him to the test at Masʹsah.

One would think-Jesus being the Son of God would have the same authority God has, but Jesus second remarks were Satan get behind Me, for it is written you shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve..
De 6:13Jehovah your God you should fear, and him you should serve, and by his name you should swear.

God did give Jesus all His authority didn't He-so why didn't Jesus rebuke the Devil in His own Name the Son of God..
liar, support your statement with facts.
Dolphinheart-the best part about the bible is-you can't see it, to understand it, Who Jesus is..
Don't you hate the word Of God, even when its written out from the King James bible...
it is you that refuses to accept what the scriptures teaches JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD, JESUS IS GOD'S SON.
Joh 1:34And I have seen it, and I have given witness that this one IS the Son of God.”
This doesn't sound right? Dolphinheart writes-Later they heard the voice of Jehovah God-He was walking in the garden-Jehovah means God doesn't it? So they heard the voice of God God-He was walking in the Garden..
so the scriptures does not sound right ? continue!
Jehovah does not mean God!

God said "I Am" to Moses-and Jesus said before Abraham was born "I Am" {John 8:58} Why would Jesus take on God's name "I Am, Shepherd, Savour, Almighty, if Jesus is just a Son..
1. go and read about the Greek and Hebrew word translated to " I am " looknow at its meaning, it's different translations and the many many people who used it!
2. If the title shepherd means that that person is God, then moses is God too
King James Version
Isa 63:11Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

These people where God too!
Jer 23:1“Woe to the shepherds who are destroying and scattering the sheep of my pasture!” declares Jehovah.

But that is not the case, the fact that you don't know that it is Jehovah who appoints those who will shepherd his flock does not mean anyone with the title of sheered is God or equal to God. Go and read what jesus said in John chapter 17, GO AND READ WHAT JESUS SAID ABOUT THE ONE WHO GAVE THE DISCIPLES(THE FLOCK HE SHEPHERDS) TO HIM!

3. Jesus was never called the almighty God, that title belongs to the father, Jehovah, his God and father!, the most high God!
4. Jesus is the only begotten son of God!

he rest of the page-it shows you have lost your way... The Jewish people don't even know the Jehovah name-and if they did it should spell like Yehovah
keep on spewing false things, no vowels in Hebrew language.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:40pm On Nov 04, 2016
solite3:
@ dolphinheart
so you mean Jesus is a God?

if God the father is the only true God then all other gods would be false right?

Here is the contradiction dolphinheart
Jehovah commanded us not to bow down to any other
How come Jehovah now contradite himself commanding us to bow down to another God Jesus.
Is this not a contradiction?
@bold it is false the bible didnt say only those that knows Jesus will bow to him.
Look at what it said,

Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus [b]every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Again Jehovah said it is to him every knee would bow and every tongue will confess how come every knee is now bowing to Jesus and every tongue now confess Jesus.

It is not a matter of following God's arrangement but a matter of attributing falsehood to Jehovah.
Jehovah never makes any arrangement for his people to bow to another God.

Deuteronomy13:1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
13:2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
13:3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

You see dolphinheart God does not make a contradictory statement .

the israelities rejected Jesus as their messiah but not those who God raised as their saviour in time of help.
but they never acolade the title saviour to them because israel has only one Saviour Jehovah. christians attribute the title Saviour to Jesus because they know who Jesus is.
Do well to answer my questions.

I've responded to your post and answered your question.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
BROCAB, QUIT THIS DUBIOUS BEHAVIOR, I ASKED YOU TO TELL ME WHO JEHOVAH WAS TALKING TO, YOU KEEP ON CHANGING THE QUESTION , REFUSING TO ANSWER IT!

brocab:
Let's you read this hole chapter again, and check it out about {Psalms 110:1}
Try and understand Dolphinheart I am not against you-I am trying to help you-It doesn't matter how many times I have explained the scriptures to you-you are still trying to turn the Word Of God against itself. You on bringing in other verses that doesn't line up with the same topic we are talking about. Your not an elder-you are just a servant of your organisation.
ANSWER THE SIMPLE QUESTION, WHO WAS JEHOVAH TALKING TO, WHO WAS JEHOVAH TELLING TO SIT AT HIS RIGHT HAND!

Jesus served, He was also "Called the Son of God" Truly your heart isn't with the Lord, your heart is with your organisation.
WHO DID JESUS SERVE?

I ask for the Holy Spirit to guild me today to answer this verse correctly, and explain to Dolphinheart the meaning of {Psalms 110:1} verse equals verse. Praise the Lord...
{Psalms 110:1} The clause the LORD say's to my Lord contains two different Hebrew words "lord" in the original.
The first word is "Yahweh" the Hebrew covenant name for God, the second is "Adonal" meaning lord or master, so {Psalms 110:1} David writes this. "Yahweh" say's to my Adonal".
Back in those day's men were called lords and masters. Lords are still being used today, It's called the house of the lords in the Queens house in England. Look it up...
But I am not expecting you to accept the truth, only because you are armed up, with nothing-you don't even study enough to even try to find the Word Of God nor any truth that go's with it. "But listen to what Jesus had said, David spoke in the Spirit" this is something you can't do without having the Spirit Of God. But God did speak through a Donkey and the burning bush, and of course He spoke in the Spirit-because He is Spirit?
The common title of the Messiah in Jesus's day was "Son of David" Based on the fact that the messiah would be a descendant of David who would inherit the throne and fulfil the "Davidic Covenant" {2 Samuel 7} Jesus capitalises on the Jewish use of the title "Son of David" to drive home His point In {Matthew 22} While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, What do you think about the Messiah? Who's Son is He? The Son of David, they replied" He said to them, How is it, then that David speaking by the Spirit "Calls Him Lord"? For he say's. "The lord said to My Lord sit at My right hand until I make your enemies under your feet" "If David Calls Him Lord' How can it be His Son? {Matthew 22:41-45}
Instead of trying to turn the scriptures against each other, study them first and explain each of the verses before writing them down. Like the Holy Spirit had helped me do above and below.
No-one can speak the ins and outs about God without the Spirit? Listen to the Words "David spoke in the Spirit" {Psalms 110:1}
This is why you find it difficult to understand the Word Of God, we are reading the same bible the King James,-but the difference is, you are trying to Calculate it, work it out in your own mind, while I am listening to God in the Spirit. I see things God see's, that you can't see, it doesn't mean the Words isn't written, they are there-page upon page, verse upon verse, scripture upon scripture.
Different denominations have different teachings, and without the Spirit of God inside them-then these different denominations are dead Buildings.
God uses His Spirit to enlighten those who serve Him. David Prayed, teach me to do your will, for you are my God, Your Spirit is Good may it lead me into the land of righteousness {Psalms 143:10} When 70 capable men were appointed to help Moses. God said to him, "I shall have to take away some of the Spirit that is upon you and place it upon them {Numbers 11:17}
And your Church haven't accepted the Word Of God fully. Even back then Moses and David received the Holy Spirit asking God into their lives-The JW's organisation have stayed on the highways 'you haven't found that Narrow road Jesus talks about..
Jesus said you need to become Born again before you can enter into the Kingdom Of God.. That also means we are entering into the Spirit...

And please explain if a blind man can see the scriptures-then what is your problem, you have eye's and you can't see them?
BROCAB, PLEASE TELL WHO JEHOVAH WAS TALKING TO NA!
what point was Jesus passing, you just keep beating about the bush ,refusing to answer the question!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:04am On Nov 05, 2016
brocab:

Jehovah means God doesn't it?

dolphinheart:

H3068
יְהֹוָה
yehôvâh
yeh-ho-vaw'
From H1961; (the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord. Compare H3050, H3069.
Total KJV occurrences: 6521

If any other but Jehovah were self existant, then the words "self existant" would be just descriptive,
but as Jehovah is the only self existant, then Jehovah not only describes God, but means God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:57am On Nov 05, 2016
So when the JW's call Him Jehovah in sentence-they are calling Him God God?
johnw74:

H3068
יְהֹוָה
yehôvâh
yeh-ho-vaw'
From H1961; (the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord. Compare H3050, H3069.

If any other but Jehovah were self existant, then the words "self existant" would be just descriptive,
but as Jehovah is the only self existant, then Jehovah not only describes God, but means God.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:11am On Nov 05, 2016
Then it just proves it' your God isn't "My God...
achorladey:
@Brocab Please stop the abuse of numerous pages, chapters, verses of the Bible. Make proper use of those you've already cited. I am only raising questions on those cited so far. All you have to do is convince me enough in that same line of reasoning. Quoting the pierced one, Saviour e.t.c takes us nowhere. My own God is not as low to be pierced by human weapon.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:31am On Nov 05, 2016
{Psalms 110:1-Matthew 22:44} David says the Lord {Father} Say's to my Lord the {Messiah} His Son.
dolphinheart:
BROCAB, QUIT THIS DUBIOUS BEHAVIOR, I ASKED YOU TO TELL ME WHO JEHOVAH WAS TALKING TO, YOU KEEP ON CHANGING THE QUESTION , REFUSING TO ANSWER IT!

ANSWER THE SIMPLE QUESTION, WHO WAS JEHOVAH TALKING TO, WHO WAS JEHOVAH TELLING TO SIT AT HIS RIGHT HAND!

WHO DID JESUS SERVE?

BROCAB, PLEASE TELL WHO JEHOVAH WAS TALKING TO NA!
what point was Jesus passing, you just keep beating about the bush ,refusing to answer the question!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:42am On Nov 05, 2016
Johnw74 had laid it out on the table pretty nicely-Dolphinheart is lying once again to the public, so you aren't settled with one God, you need another God, and You call Him God God..
Even though there are many names for God, there is but one name, that believers know about whereby they can be saved and it is mention in {Act 4:12} {Among with many other verses} And there is salvation in no one else, for their is no other name under heaven, given among men by which we must be saved..
Even though His name is pronounced Yah SHOE Ah, which is from the old testament Hebrew name Joshua, we know it as Jesus, and whoever believes in Jesus Christ will be saved {Romans 10:9-13} Jesus's name means like Joshua's "God Saves" or "God is Salvation" or simply "Salvation" which is essentially the same thing.
When Mary was told earlier that She was to give Birth to Jesus, an angel proclaimed to Joseph, "She will bear a Son and you shall Call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their Sins {Matthew 1:21}
The Jehovah witnesses, false believe that not using Jehovah as God's name at all times is liken to idolatry even though there is zero evidence that this name is in the original manuscripts..
dolphinheart:

Excuse after excuse, some facts where shown to you about the kjv, you still refuse to adress them. everytime it's one excuse after another!

you keep on saying this false doctrine, you said jesus is not the son of God, a very big lie!
jesus did not Jump, not because he is not the son of God, but he does not want to put his father, the almighty God, his God to the text . He does not want to text God to know if God will truly save him!
De 6:16“You must not put Jehovah your God to the test the way you put him to the test at Masʹsah.

De 6:13Jehovah your God you should fear, and him you should serve, and by his name you should swear.

liar, support your statement with facts.

it is you that refuses to accept what the scriptures teaches JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD, JESUS IS GOD'S SON.
Joh 1:34And I have seen it, and I have given witness that this one IS the Son of God.”

so the scriptures does not sound right ? continue!

1. go and read about the Greek and Hebrew word translated to " I am " looknow at its meaning, it's different translations and the many many people who used it!
2. If the title shepherd means that that person is God, then moses is God too
King James Version
Isa 63:11Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy Spirit within him?

These people where God too!
Jer 23:1“Woe to the shepherds who are destroying and scattering the sheep of my pasture!” declares Jehovah.

But that is not the case, the fact that you don't know that it is Jehovah who appoints those who will shepherd his flock does not mean anyone with the title of sheered is God or equal to God. Go and read what jesus said in John chapter 17, GO AND READ WHAT JESUS SAID ABOUT THE ONE WHO GAVE THE DISCIPLES(THE FLOCK HE SHEPHERDS) TO HIM!

3. Jesus was never called the almighty God, that title belongs to the father, Jehovah, his God and father!, the most high God!
4. Jesus is the only begotten son of God!

keep on spewing false things, no vowels in Hebrew language.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 6:38am On Nov 05, 2016
brocab:
So when the JW's call Him Jehovah in sentence-they are calling Him God God?

"self existent" is an adjective describing Jehovah

"the self existent" is a noun meaning God.

H3068
יְהֹוָה
yehôvâh
yeh-ho-vaw'

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 05, 2016
dolphinheart:

I've responded to your post and answered your question.
where did u ans it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 3:51pm On Nov 05, 2016
Conversation between achorladey and Solite3 concerning who are the JWs?
Are the JWs antichrist?
achorladey: Please have this in mind as well 1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 1Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Solite3:Jehovah witness deny the humanity of Christ hence they are operating under the spirit of the Antichrist.

In the response of Solite3 above gives proper example of someone unable to make proper use of the scriptures. Please stop quoting numerous pages, chapters and verses of the Bible just to abuse it. It leads us to no where.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 3:58pm On Nov 05, 2016
johnw74:

H3068
יְהֹוָה
yehôvâh
yeh-ho-vaw'

when you read things, read it fully, reading halfway always cause confusion.
what you quoted says "Jewish national name of God"

Jehovah is the name of the God of the Jews, other gods also have other names!
Jehovah is a self existant God, that is why the word "the" is added.

Jehovah (/dʒᵻˈhoʊvə/ jə-hoh-və) is a Latinization of the Hebrew יְהֹוָה, one vocalizationof the Tetragrammaton יהוה (YHWH), the proper name of the God of Israel in theHebrew Bible.
wikepedia

a name of God in the Old Testament, a rendering of the ineffable name, JHVH, in the Hebrew Scriptures.
dictionary dot com

—used as the name of Godin the Old Testament of the Bible
merriam-webster dictionary

LETS EVEN GO INTO THE SCRIPTURES
King James Version
Ps 83:18That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

American Standard Version
exodus 6:3 and I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, as God Almighty; but by my name Jehovah I was not known to them.

Isa 42:8 I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images.

AS YOU CAN FROM THE SCRIPTURES AND DICTIONARIES AND EVEN FROM YOUR QUOTE, JEHOVAH IS THE NAME OF THE GOD OF THE ISREALITES, JEHOVAH DOES MEAN GOD!. Stop derived analogy, it does not work, that jehovah is the only self existant God does not mean jehovah means God!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 4:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
@Brocab Then it just proves it' your God isn't "My God. That settles it.
My own conclusion is this. If I am to be in a function where am to deliver a public talk, top dignitaries includes Jehovah (the Almighty God), Jesus christ( the only begotten Son of God) the angels were all present including humans like BroCab, Solite3 Dolphinheart Johnw74 were present. Apostle Paul is the coordinator of the programme for the day and he handed down to me(achorladey) the hierarchy of dignitaries present as stated in 1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you(achorladey) know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
I achorladey boldly state here I dare not go beyond what has been handed down to me by Apostle Paul. Except someone prove to me that what Paul said in that scripture is physically inspired not spiritually inspired.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 4:27pm On Nov 05, 2016
brocab:
{Psalms 110:1-Matthew 22:44} David says the Lord {Father} Say's to my Lord the {Messiah} His Son.

YOUR CROOKED WAYS WILL NOT LEAVE YOU.
It is evident that the one the psalms said was talking is JEHOVAH(Yahweh or yehovah, whichever one you like), but you do not want to identify that one as Jehovah as it will expose your false doctrines, you will go to any length to alter what the scriptures says so as to sustain this false teachings.
The LORD their is Jehovah, he was talking to jesus, his son(though you lie that he is not God's son).

The scriptures teaches us that Jehovah is the almighty God, he is the supreme one, he is the God of the isrealites, he is the most high.
Jehovah says jesus is his servant(if we look at the prophecy and it's fufillment), his son(he said so directly to everyone hearing)

Jehovah said to jesus, "sit at my right hand" , that is why the scriptures say, explained in visions, revealed, explained to us that jesus is at the right hand of God, the almighty, the most high.
[b]Ro 8:34Who will condemn them? Christ Jesus is the one who died, yes, more than that the one who was raised up, who is at the right hand of God and who also pleads for us.

Eph 1:20which he exercised toward Christ when he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places,

Heb 8:1Now this is the main point of what we are saying: We have such a high priest as this, and he has sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens,

Heb 12:2as we look intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, Jesus. For the joy that was set before him he endured a torture stake, despising shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

YOU READ THOSE SCRIPTURES ABOVE , YET YOU REFUSE TO ACCEPT THAT JESUS SITS AT THE RIGHT HAND OF JEHOVAH( WHO THE SCRIPTURES HAS DIRECTLY CALLED ALMIGHTY, MOST HIGH GOD).

It is your refusal to accept those verses that is compelling you to rejects what the psalmist said, that Jehovah was talking to jesus.
Ps 110:1Jehovah declared to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2016
brocab:
Johnw74 had laid it out on the table pretty nicely-Dolphinheart is lying once again to the public, so you aren't settled with one God, you need another God, and You call Him God God..
stop lying, I've used the scriptures to show you that Jehovah is the name of God, Jehovah himself said that is his name!

Even though there are many names for God, there is but one name, that believers know about whereby they can be saved and it is mention in {Act 4:12} {Among with many other verses} And there is salvation in no one else, for their is no other name under heaven, given among men by which we must be saved..

you read the scriptures with a premeditated understanding , the verse says :
Ac 4:12Furthermore, there is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other name under heaven that has BEEN GIVEN among men by which we must get saved.”

WHO GAVE THAT NAME, DEFINITELY THE ONE WHO APPOINTED A SAVIOR!

Mt 1:21She will give birth to a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”
Ac 10:43To him all the prophets bear witness, that everyone putting faith in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

JEHOVAH SAID THIS CONCERNING JESUS
Isa 53:11Because of his anguish, he will see and be satisfied. By means of his knowledge the righteous one, my servant, Will bring a righteous standing to many people, And their errors he will bear.

THUS THE ONE WHO GAVE THE NAME IS THE ONE WHO APPOINTED AND SENT JESUS TO BE THE SAVIOR, TO SAVE THOSE WHO WORSHIP HIM.
King James Version
1Jo 4:14And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Even though His name is pronounced Yah SHOE Ah, which is from the old testament Hebrew name Joshua, we know it as Jesus, and whoever believes in Jesus Christ will be saved {Romans 10:9-13} Jesus's name means like Joshua's "God Saves" or "God is Salvation" or simply "Salvation" which is essentially the same thing.
Good that you know the name of the one who God sent to makind, do you know that he is also his son, his only begotten son?
[b]1Jo 4:9, 10By this the love of God was revealed in our case, that God sent his only-begotten Son into the world so that we might gain life through him. 10The love is in this respect, not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a propitiatory sacrifice for our sins.
JESUS IS SAVIOR BECAUSE GOD, THE ALMIGHTY, THE MOST HIGH, JEHOVAH SENT HIM.(Go and examine jehovahs prophecies about jesus)

When Mary was told earlier that She was to give Birth to Jesus, an angel proclaimed to Joseph, "She will bear a Son and you shall Call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their Sins {Matthew 1:21}
The Jehovah witnesses, false believe that not using Jehovah as God's name at all times is liken to idolatry even though there is zero evidence that this name is in the original manuscripts..
the name of God that is translated to Jehovah in English occurs thousands of times in the scriptures!

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (278) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Sincere Milk — The Song Of The Angels / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.