Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,282 members, 7,957,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:27 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (390906 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by CAPTIVATOR: 1:51am On Dec 08, 2018
zodiakzax:
[s]

I will respond Barristter07, clearly your mind is Full of shit, I took my time to explain that to you but because you are so dumb you refuse to understand... I know you are all uneducated, so it's difficult for you to use your mind to think and educate yourself, so arguing with an illiterate and a fool is the most difficult thing one can do., your stupid organization tells you school is not important yet they fall on scholars to understand the bible, stupid stinking devils.. grin grin

Don't worry, just trying to make enough time for myself... I'm a family man you know... [/s]

energy spent typing the above unintelligible post would have answer those posts he made . grin grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 3:12am On Dec 08, 2018
brocab:

Isn't this what you are doing also-you sit behind your computer-so nobody is looking at you preaching some what is importance to you, so feel lucky you have a ordinance reading what foolishness you are trying to put out-"do you honestly believe Jesus preached His gospel holding in His hand Watchtower literature while He was door knocking?
My doors is always opened for those that preach the gospel-unfortunately my spirit have giving me enough wisdom and knowledge to close my doors against the JW's that don't come and preach the gospel..

It's a lie to preach unscriptural knowledge about Jesus-He didn't say we are to harass people all day long expecting them to believe in something that isn't scriptural, "your humbleness mild tempered as you would like us to believe, is really deceitful..
For your information "THIS IS NOT HOW,WHERE or SYSTEM Jehovah's Witnesses preach about God's Kingdom" this is just a debate to present what is holding us back from agreeing with you that you're Christians.
All these arguments is centered on a unique group that's known globally for some forms of activities as they're claiming to be the One and only TRUE Christian group,but many like you are saying it's not so, therefore present another group that's performing better as Christians in order that we learn from them how things ought to be done.
I was a Muslim,the only thing that attracted me to Christianity is proper documentation of how things were done by ancient faithfuls, in Islam we don't have anything like documentation so no group is outstanding because there is no accurate,trusted and reliable account of the life history of Muhammad,so Muslims can't copy anything virtuous from him and how he actually established Islam unlike Christianity that Jesus' life and ministry was well documented as gospels by MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE and JOHN,the way His followers PRACTICED what Jesus taught them was also well documented as ACT OF APOSTLES by a Christian named LUKE. All of these is missing in Islam, that's why there is bloody contradictions amongst Muslims.
So if you're now saying that the Jehovah's Witnesses with all their well established organizational arrangements,documentations,global recognition,zealous membership that's noticeable all around the neighborhood,and persistency in what they're calling Kingdom preaching and teaching is wrong but refuse to present a better option that everyone can SEE their activities to know how Christianity should be PRACTICED, please that means there nothing different from the religion i abandoned!
I'm not disputing what you're saying anymore but present a group that's doing better than Jehovah's Witnesses as Christians that's all!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 3:28am On Dec 08, 2018
brocab:
I have written to Gruni 1234 and he seems to be looking for a different Jesus, the sweet little old man type, he wouldn't accept the fact, it is necessary to leave family and friends behind if needed be, of course he had taken things out of context..
I pray with what understanding we have written down for him, the Lord will open up his heart-give him understanding the Father teaches His Children through love and obedience..
Does good mix with the bad, or does Good mix with good-after we have become born again-It's a matter of decision-and in most cases this decision isn't something that can happen over night-but I will say this: it does happen if we persist..
"The Word of God can take years before we start to understand what it means to separate ourselves from the world.
But in most cases the Churches are open for business looking for that little old man JW type, who said: if you bow down before me, I will give you the desires of your heart. "People are always looking for a easy life of health and wealth-refusing to be obedient to our heavenly Father, Is this the obedience we as fathers give to our Children-do we give them everything their hearts desires, without having some sort of obedience..
That's exactly my point! So if there is NO religious group that's following exactly what Jesus taught back then as you're saying now,how is Jesus to be referred to as Lord? I suppose Lord means a commander of a host of followers,and how can interested persons worship since all the groups around are business oriented?
Mr Gruni1234 can learn from what is VISIBLE not what he can't see! You're all doing well with the quoting of Bible texts but where can he go with his family for upbuilding talks and encouragement? (Hebrews 10:24,25) You've done so well in condemning Jehovah's Witnesses with all your time and energy but what's next? Should he just stay indoors and worship alone with his family? Remember that the one and only group that's going to meet people in their homes is Jehovah's Witnesses, apart from this group all others you're condemning now as money making ventures. So what religious group should he associate with for further enlightenment?
I want to believe you're all sincere and truthful with all these efforts made so far but it's compulsory that a group is presented for interested individuals to SEE and learn through them how Christianity should be PRACTICED. God bless you!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 8:00am On Dec 08, 2018
we have seen how false jw's are false prophets
and so not of God

here is a little on the contradictions of false jw's
written by a christian:

The Watchtower says it is God's only true organization: "Only this organization functions for Jehovah's purpose and to his praise. To it alone God's Sacred Word, the Bible, is not a sealed book," (Watchtower, July 1, 1973, p. 402). It claims to speak for God, yet it has produced numerous contradictory statements. Therefore, it is not God's organization.

Who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave, the Watchtower Organization or Charles Taze Russell?

Watchtower Organization is Faithful and Discreet Slave:
"Jesus foretold that among his people there would be a "faithful and discreet slave" class who would be providing the spiritual food to God's family of devoted servants on earth, acting as his channel of communication and overseeing the carrying out of the Kingdom interests world wide. (Matt. 24:45-47) These anointed overseers serve as though being guided in their activities by the right hand of Christ," (Watchtower, Jan. 15, 1969, p. 51).
Russell is Faithful and Discreet Slave:
"Thousands of the readers of Pastor Russell's writings believe that he filled the office of 'that faithful and wise servant,' and that his great work was giving to the household of faith meat in due season. His modesty and humility precluded him from openly claiming this title, but he admitted as much in private conversation," (Watchtower, Dec. 1, 1916, p. 357).
Watchtower Denies Russell ever claimed to be Faithful and Discreet Slave:
"From this it is clearly seen that the editor and publisher of Zion's Watch Tower disavowed any claim to being individually, in his person, that "faithful and wise servant." He never did claim to be such," (God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years has Approached, 1973, p. 346).
Watchtower claims to be only organization to find scriptural guidance yet condemns the Vatican for doing the same thing.
Watchtower is the only organization able to interpret the Bible:
"We all need help to understand the Bible, and we cannot find the Scriptural guidance we need outside the 'faithful and discreet slave' organization,'" (Watchtower, Feb. 15, 1981).
Vatican is only organization able to interpret the Bible:
"The Vatican belittles Bible study by claiming it is the only organization authorized and qualified to interpret the Bible," (Watchtower, July 1, 1943, p. 201).
Is Jesus supposed to be worshipped or not?
Yes, Jesus is supposed to be worshipped:
"Question: The fact that our Lord received worship is claimed by some to be an evidence that while on earth he was God the Father disguised in a body of flesh and not really a man. Was he really worshiped, or is the translation faulty? Answer: Yes, we believe our Lord Jesus while on earth was really worshiped, and properly so . . . It was proper for our Lord to receive worship in view of his having been the only begotten of the Father, and his agent in the creation of all things, including man," (Watchtower, July 15, 1898, p. 216).
"For example, to which one of the angels did he ever say: 'You are my Son; today I have become your Father'? And again: 'I shall be a Father to him, and he will be a Son to me'? But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: 'And let all God's angels worship him,'" (New Heavens and a New Earth, 1953, p. 27-28).
No, Jesus is not supposed to be worshipped:
"He taught men, not to worship him, but to worship Jehovah his Father . . . 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God,'" (Make Sure of All Things, p. 283).
"What I learned was so different from what I had heard at the "Christian" school I had attended. Jehovah's Witnesses do not worship Jesus. Rather, they worship Almighty God, the One that Jesus himself worshipped," (Awake, Dec. 22, 1987, p. 22).

Armageddon will be in 1914 or 1941
Armageddon will be in 1914
" . . . the Kingdom of God is already begun, that it is pointed out in prophecy as due to begin the exercise of power in A.D. 1878[3], and that the "battle of the great day of God Almighty (Rev. 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914, with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced," (The Time is at Hand, 1889, emphasis added).
Armageddon will be in 1941
"Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon," (Watchtower, Sept. 15, 1941, p. 288).
Armageddon will be in 1914 or 1915
Armageddon is in 1915
" . . . the Kingdom of God is already begun, that it is pointed out in prophecy as due to begin the exercise of power in A.D. 1878[3], and that the "battle of the great day of God Almighty (Rev. 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1915, with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced." (The Time is at Hand, 1881, emphasis added. The date was changed to 1914 in a later edition.)
Armageddon is in 1914
" . . . the Kingdom of God is already begun, that it is pointed out in prophecy as due to begin the exercise of power in A.D. 1878[3], and that the "battle of the great day of God Almighty (Rev. 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914, with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced," (The Time is at Hand, 1889, emphasis added).
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 8:15am On Dec 08, 2018
TATIME:

If some people don't understand something,i think it's not a reason to become enraged at them. What a reasonable intellectual will do is to bring the explanation to the LOW level of the audience so that they can EASILY grasp it. Matthew 13:3-35
At John 3:12 Jesus said He uses earthly things(that's obvious) to teach but it's even difficult for His listeners to grasp so it's pointless trying to teach them heavenly things (that they can't even see)
What Trinitarians always claim is that TRINITY is a mystery, mystery means "cannot be understood or out of comprehension". So it can never be the fault of the one laughing at a doctrine that even those who claims to believe in it can't explain. John 1:1 has caused a lot of controversy amongst Bible scholars because many believes that the word WAS God means the word is presently not serving in that capacity, while others believes that the word is the Almighty. So on whatever side you find yourself, it becomes BARBARIC and most of all STUPID to become enraged at someone for his/her choice. undecided undecided

who is enraged?

but you false jw tat of course cannot help throwing lies into your posts,
that's just a natural thing for you to do

like your god, when you speak lies you are just speaking naturally, Joh_8:44
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 8:18am On Dec 08, 2018
CAPTIVATOR:

grin grin grin grin grin Bro , I said Gruni1234 is a pretender and underground trinitarian on this thread , an objective researcher would have asked questions as Tatime said to uncover areas which might not have been evident to an average reader , Bro many trinitarians believe that there is an Angel In the old testament whose identity is Jesus . If you have the time check this trinitarian website , and you too Gruni1234, https://crossexamined.org/who-is-the-angel-of-the-lord/
it says in part it becomes evident that the angel of the Lord is none other than the pre-incarnate Christ Himself

the article you postred that link to
says:
the angel of the Lord is Jesus
it also says the angel of the Lord is "Lord God Almighty"

so i guess you believe some parts of the article and not other parts
just like with the bible
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 08, 2018
johnw47:

and so not of God.
If someone following this thread agreed with you after reading all these your stories but wants to become a Christian anyway, which religious group do you think he/she should associate with as Christians? Hebrews 10:24,25
For example i've been following all these information with those posted by your friends saying Jehovah's Witnesses are false, but i want to associate with Christians, what other better performing group are you presenting as Christians? Of course you'll not tell me i can be a Christian all alone in my house without associating with other Christians. embarassed embarassed
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 8:22am On Dec 08, 2018
as you can see from the jw false prophecies post, and from the jw contradictions post
false jw's take after their father the devil
they abide not in the truth,
when they speak lies they are just speaking naturally,
for they are liars and sons of the father of lies

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his
own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 08, 2018
johnw47:

who is enraged?

but you false jw tat of course cannot help throwing lies into your posts,
that's just a natural thing for you to do

like your god, when you speak lies you are just speaking naturally, Joh_8:44
OK i'm ready to agree with your interpretation of the Bible but where should i go for worship as today is Sunday.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 8:27am On Dec 08, 2018
TATIME:
If someone following this thread agreed with you after reading all these your stories but wants to become a Christian anyway, which religious group do you think he/she should associate with as Christians? Hebrews 10:24,25
For example i've been following all these information with those posted by your friends saying Jehovah's Witnesses are false, but i want to associate with Christians, what other better performing group are you presenting as Christians? Of course you'll not tell me i can be a Christian all alone in my house without associating with other Christians. embarassed embarassed

i have told you before i'm not here to teach satans mob
as far as i am concerned you are lost
i'm here to show who satans mob is, through your lies
and you false jw's enable me to do that very often
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 8:28am On Dec 08, 2018
TATIME:
OK i'm ready to agree with your interpretation of the Bible but where should i go for worship as today is Sunday.

oh duh, read my above post
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by TruthinAction: 9:03am On Dec 08, 2018
TATIME:
That's exactly my point! So if there is NO religious group that's following exactly what Jesus taught back then as you're saying now,how is Jesus to be referred to as Lord? I suppose Lord means a commander of a host of followers,and how can interested persons worship since all the groups around are business oriented?
Mr Gruni1234 can learn from what is VISIBLE not what he can't see! You're all doing well with the quoting of Bible texts but where can he go with his family for upbuilding talks and encouragement? (Hebrews 10:24,25) You've done so well in condemning Jehovah's Witnesses with all your time and energy but what's next? Should he just stay indoors and worship alone with his family? Remember that the one and only group that's going to meet people in their homes is Jehovah's Witnesses, apart from this group all others you're condemning now as money making ventures. So what religious group should he associate with for further enlightenment?
I want to believe you're all sincere and truthful with all these efforts made so far but it's compulsory that a group is presented for interested individuals to SEE and learn through them how Christianity should be PRACTICED. God bless you!

There are many churches today where you can find the truth. There may be differences in some areas in practice but the central message is the same. Jesus came into this world to die for sinners. He rose again on the third day. Anyone who believes in him will have eternal life. So, any church where this gospel is preached is OK. A church does not have to have a widespread influence like the Jehovah witness organization for it to be accepted. Even if it's a church that has 10 members but they are preaching the truth, it's safer to attend than to be in the midst of misguided crowd. Over time, the church will certainly grow in numbers. If you tell me where you live, I can recommend several churches for you to choose from. But as for the Jehovah's witness, please don't go there. They are agents of darkness disguised as ministers of righteousness. Their doctrine will give you a straight ticket to the hell they said does not exist.

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 11:55am On Dec 08, 2018
CAPTIVATOR:

energy spent typing the above unintelligible post would have answer those posts he made . grin grin grin
Once we reply you now you will go and hide for 2 days.

You ran away After I called you out after saying the statement only one God the father means only father is God. Fear no let you repeat your fallacy.

You can't even deal with the fact that the statement there is only one Lord Jesus Christ means that only Jesus Christ is Lord and the father can't be Lord.

You just feel everybody is daft. You think you can take a phrase from 2 verses and make your conclusion from the phrase while throwing away the other phrases in those 2 chapters because they don't agree with your beliefs.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 12:26pm On Dec 08, 2018
CAPTIVATOR:

Father is the Sovereign Lord. If your brain is working that render your question useless . just like you are assuming when asked where Peter called Jesus My Lord.

sense should have tell you that Jesus exist before David. That make him David's Lord, Jesus exist before the Father ? Zodiakzax you don't have sense

Angel is messenger , they tell you nah. Made better doesnt mean he wasn't one . right now he heads Angels whose voice will raise the dead ? Jesus or that of the arch angel . also, who is the Angel of the Lord who answers the name Yahweh ? grin grin

The wounds prove he wasn't raised bodily, abi you mean Jesus wasn't raised with a perfect body ? But dishonored one ? Bible said the dead are not raised with dishonor, don't go and say someone with hunchbak will he raised with such dishonor , or someone burnt by fire with such dishonor . use your sense nah. ... He only materialized like angels did in the past

One thing is certain, Yahweh has no Lord... So rule Yahweh out as the one been sent. Is that hard for u again ?

One God is just the Father - 1 Cor 8:6

Jesus is created Mr Man.
Jesus is the beginning of the creation of God. Rev 3:14. No assumption . even mountains are created, didn't he prove it by Act 4 vs 24 ?

respond to Barrister07 3 points grin grin grin why is taking you forever Sir ?

grin grin grin grin grin... see how you are struggling... pagans..

Where did it say the Father is the sovereign Lord Assumptions... if the Father is the Sovereign Lord then why do we have one Lord,Jesus Christ?? Give me one scripture that says Jesus called The Father My Lord, you've gone to heaven and hell but came back with assumptions, simple scripture, you can't provide grin grin grin grin

Was Jesus saying David called him Lord because He existed before him? undecided undecided undecided... show me... Mr Assumptions... grin grin grin... dumb headed pagans.. let's even go with your stupidity so why will he that exist before David becomes David's Son? The Lord became the Son and the servant the Master... grin grin grin

Now angel in Hebrews is now messenger and not a being grin grin grin.. idiots...well your organization said he was Michael the Angelic Being, but we all know and have seen in Hebrews that NO ANGELIC Being was begotten of God... its clear enough, he was made better not greater grin grin grin..English is difficult for you lots.. grin grin grin.... God created all things by means of Christ including angels and they mention the names of two angels that were created among them, Michael and Gabriel, so how can God create Michael by means of Michael? grin grin grin grin..you see how they make you look so foolish.... Jw's are so childish and stupid... in Genesis 31:11-13, an angel said he was the One true God, in Genesis 21:11 it was an angel that instructed Abraham to sacrifice Isaac to him but we know it was God from vs 1 that asked Abraham to do it... in Exodus 3, we see that it was an angel that appeared to Moses in the burning bush and same angel said he was God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob.... So who was this angel? YAHWEH? grin grin grin..... So Yahweh is an Angel now.. grin grin grin.... besides OneJ and Barristter07 confirmed Jesus is not an Angelic Being going against your stupid organization...

So Jesus materialised and gave himself wounds grin grin grin grin and this one said i should use my head small grin grin grin... So.later he dematerialised and remove the wounds abi?.. grin grin grin grin.... didn't you see in revelation that Jesus was represented as a lamb that looks like it was slain? How does a lamb that looks like it was slain look like? grin cheesy grin... stupid dumb heads.... you are devil's and not Christians... Jesus resurrected bodily and with all the wounds because he was the lamb that was slain. And so shall He be to all in heaven and on earth. Pagans...

Why should i rule something out based on Assumption my friend? grin grin grin...you want me to rule it out yet provides no scripture for me to do so.?.... Assumptionists grin grin grin... anyways Yahweh there did not say My Lord God has sent me did he? grin grin grin grin.. He said THE LORD GOD AND His Spirit has sent me.... English is too difficult for you lots...I told you even my dog is wiser..... show me where Jesus called The Father My Lord... grin grin grin..He alone is One Lord....

And One Lord is just the Son.... 1cor 8:6.... grin grin grin... So the Father Aknowledges the Son as Lord and the Son Aknowledges the Father as God.... and they are ONE because there's only One God One Lord and ONE Spirit Eph 4:4-6.... that is the Holy Trinity.. grin grin grin

Jesus is the source or origin of God's creation per the Greek word used there, So Jesus is the Originator,Ruler and source of God's creation... grin grin grin.. silly...

Rev 3:14

NIV
To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation.

Berean Study Bible
To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Originator of God’s creation.

Christian Standard Bible
"Write to the angel of the church in Laodicea: Thus says the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the originator of God's creation:

Contemporary English Version
This is what you must write to the angel of the church in Laodicea: I am the one called Amen! I am the faithful and true witness and the source of God's creation. Listen to what I say.

Good News Translation
"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: "This is the message from the Amen, the faithful and true witness, who is the origin of all that God has created.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
"Write to the angel of the church in Laodicea: "The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Originator of God's creation says:

International Standard Version
"To the messenger of the church in Laodicea, write: 'The Amen, the witness who is faithful and true, the originator of God's creation, says this:

NET Bible
"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write the following: "This is the solemn pronouncement of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the originator of God's creation:

New Heart English Bible
"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: "The Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Head of God's creation, says these things:

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“And to The Messenger of the assembly of the Laidiqians write: “Thus says The Eternal, The Trustworthy and True Witness, and The Source of The Creation of God:”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
"To the messenger of the church in Laodicea, write: The amen, the witness who is faithful and true, the source of God's creation, says:

Where in Acts 4 did it say Mountains were created my friend? I said scroll through the entire bible and show me where it says Mountains were created? How hard can that be.... e.g and God created the mountains, or before the mountains were created etc, show me... undecided undecided..... Acts 4 said God made everything, how did he make the mountains? You were here shouting create is the same as born, to prove your silly notion you quoted Psalm 90, now that psalms is holding your neck.. grin grin grin.... now, where in the bible did it say that God created the Son? Because now you Are assuming God created the mountains because He created everything abi? Well we are told God begot the Son, and that by means of the Son he created everything, where did it say God created the Son, going by your own foolish assumption.. because it was by means of the Son that All things were created.....block heads...

Barrister07 decided not to wait for my response which will obviously expose him more so He quickly started finalising his statements... grin grin grin grin.. well I did same so why are you complaining..

See how he ignored the Russell part grin grin grin .. ... dictionary that you lots cherish so much says Russell is your founder ... but you deny him, but to prove your case you can run to dictionary, same dictionary you oppose... grin grin grin grin...idiots..

Pagans believing in many Christian gods... grin grin grin grin.... two gods, Almighty God and mighty god, zeus and ares grin grin grin grin..So why do you shout when we worship the mighty God, ares was worshiped infact he was the God of war... one cannot be a god without being worshipped then He's no god.... Pagans...hypocrites
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 12:35pm On Dec 08, 2018
TATIME:

Pagan... where in the bible did it say we should worship on Sunday? Or a particular day? If you want to worship any time call me, link me up then we will worship,or have you forgotten when two or more are gathered God, our Lord Jesus is always there? grin grin grin grin grin....
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2018
johnw47:

and so not of God

here is a little on the contradictions of false jw's
written by a christian:

The Watchtower says it is God's only true organization: "Only this organization functions for Jehovah's purpose and to his praise. To it alone God's Sacred Word, the Bible, is not a sealed book," (Watchtower, July 1, 1973, p. 402). It claims to speak for God, yet it has produced numerous contradictory statements. Therefore, it is not God's organization.

Who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave, the Watchtower Organization or Charles Taze Russell?

Watchtower Organization is Faithful and Discreet Slave:
"Jesus foretold that among his people there would be a "faithful and discreet slave" class who would be providing the spiritual food to God's family of devoted servants on earth, acting as his channel of communication and overseeing the carrying out of the Kingdom interests world wide. (Matt. 24:45-47) These anointed overseers serve as though being guided in their activities by the right hand of Christ," (Watchtower, Jan. 15, 1969, p. 51).
Russell is Faithful and Discreet Slave:
"Thousands of the readers of Pastor Russell's writings believe that he filled the office of 'that faithful and wise servant,' and that his great work was giving to the household of faith meat in due season. His modesty and humility precluded him from openly claiming this title, but he admitted as much in private conversation," (Watchtower, Dec. 1, 1916, p. 357).
Watchtower Denies Russell ever claimed to be Faithful and Discreet Slave:
"From this it is clearly seen that the editor and publisher of Zion's Watch Tower disavowed any claim to being individually, in his person, that "faithful and wise servant." He never did claim to be such," (God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years has Approached, 1973, p. 346).
Watchtower claims to be only organization to find scriptural guidance yet condemns the Vatican for doing the same thing.
Watchtower is the only organization able to interpret the Bible:
"We all need help to understand the Bible, and we cannot find the Scriptural guidance we need outside the 'faithful and discreet slave' organization,'" (Watchtower, Feb. 15, 1981).
Vatican is only organization able to interpret the Bible:
"The Vatican belittles Bible study by claiming it is the only organization authorized and qualified to interpret the Bible," (Watchtower, July 1, 1943, p. 201).
Is Jesus supposed to be worshipped or not?
Yes, Jesus is supposed to be worshipped:
"Question: The fact that our Lord received worship is claimed by some to be an evidence that while on earth he was God the Father disguised in a body of flesh and not really a man. Was he really worshiped, or is the translation faulty? Answer: Yes, we believe our Lord Jesus while on earth was really worshiped, and properly so . . . It was proper for our Lord to receive worship in view of his having been the only begotten of the Father, and his agent in the creation of all things, including man," (Watchtower, July 15, 1898, p. 216).
"For example, to which one of the angels did he ever say: 'You are my Son; today I have become your Father'? And again: 'I shall be a Father to him, and he will be a Son to me'? But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: 'And let all God's angels worship him,'" (New Heavens and a New Earth, 1953, p. 27-28).
No, Jesus is not supposed to be worshipped:
"He taught men, not to worship him, but to worship Jehovah his Father . . . 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God,'" (Make Sure of All Things, p. 283).
"What I learned was so different from what I had heard at the "Christian" school I had attended. Jehovah's Witnesses do not worship Jesus. Rather, they worship Almighty God, the One that Jesus himself worshipped," (Awake, Dec. 22, 1987, p. 22).

Armageddon will be in 1914 or 1941
Armageddon will be in 1914
Armageddon will be in 1941
"Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon," (Watchtower, Sept. 15, 1941, p. 288).
Armageddon will be in 1914 or 1915
Armageddon is in 1915
" . . . the Kingdom of God is already begun, that it is pointed out in prophecy as due to begin the exercise of power in A.D. 1878[3], and that the "battle of the great day of God Almighty (Rev. 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1915, with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced." (The Time is at Hand, 1881, emphasis added. The date was changed to 1914 in a later edition.)
Armageddon is in 1914

@johnw47 :
U switched to another topic after your false trinity was battered & torn to shreds. Lol

Events of that period (1889) 200 years ago, have no bearing on the truth of God's word that JWs teach & practice today.

JWs are not perfect but more forthright & honest than U & your gods of men whose god is their belly AKA "I'm dangerously wealthy" upgraded from "my god is not a poor god". Phil3:19.

( Very soon the "wild beast" go show una hot pepper. U guys ain't seen nothing. Lol.)

U dey make empty noise for nothing , copy & paste falsehood.

Your Daddy GOs, pastorpreneurs & gods of men whom U idolize & worship ,breeze done blow , and their y**sh dey wide open....
Una yeye smell pass carbide.

"5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi of Deeper Life Which He Later Abandoned" (nairaland thread)

"FAKE!!!7 Prophecies By Top Nigerian Pastors In 2006 That Didn't Come To Pass"
https://www.nairaland.com

"Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life ( Throwback Video)" (All these above are nairaland threads.).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-37924086
"Nigerian preacher TB Joshua deletes prophecy...."
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 1:28pm On Dec 08, 2018
OneJ:

@johnw47 :
U switched to another topic after your false trinity was battered & torn to shreds. Lol

Events of that period (1889) 200 years ago, have no bearing on the truth of God's word that JWs teach & practice today.

JWs are not perfect but more forthright & honest than U & your gods of men whose god is their belly AKA "I'm dangerously wealthy" upgraded from "my god is not a poor god". Phil3:19.

( Very soon the "wild beast" go show una hot pepper. U guys ain't seen nothing. Lol.)

U dey make empty noise for nothing , copy & paste falsehood.

Your Daddy GOs, pastorpreneurs & gods of men whom U idolize & worship ,breeze done blow , and their y**sh dey wide open....
Una yeye smell pass carbide.

"5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi of Deeper Life Which He Later Abandoned" (nairaland thread)

"FAKE!!!7 Prophecies By Top Nigerian Pastors In 2006 That Didn't Come To Pass"
https://www.nairaland.com

"Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life ( Throwback Video)" (All these above are nairaland threads.).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-37924086
"Nigerian preacher TB Joshua deletes prophecy...."

So what shows what you are being taught today is the truth?? undecided undecided undecidedI bet you 200.years from now, what you are being taught will be regarded as heresy in JW org. And your books you cherish so much today will be burnt, NWT will be edited again so that where they can't defend will be changed to another meaning grin grin grin....... bunch of idiots... stupid kids..pagans...see how stupid you are? Who says we follow men, we follow one and that is Jesus Christ, whether pastor Bleep says this or that ooo, I careless, if his doctrine can't be supported by the truth of the scripture then He's fake and compromised..simple..stupid did we tell you we belonged to a particular denomination?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2018
johnw47:

oh duh, the Word was with "the God", of course He was, the word was not with "a god"
john is talking about "the God" and he then says "and God was the Word"
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and God was the Word

john is not talking about two gods there as false jw's believe in, a almighty god and a mighty god

Job_13:3  Surely I would speak to the Almighty, and I desire to reason with God.

job wanted to speak to the Almighty and desired to reason with God, job is not talking about two diffrent gods there, with the Almighty being the definate article, (there is no "almighty" before God)
but job of course is talking off the one God

and there are many verses that support that the Word is God
do you remember false jw onej? yes you do, but you don't believe God which is calling Him a liar
as you do everyone else who posts God's truth here

it wouldn't even make sense for john to want to tell everyone that the Lord and saviour of the world is "a god"

but to show that Father and the Word is that one same Spirit which is God, makes perfect sense

"the Word" is one spirit.
"the God" is another spirit.
Both of them can NEVER be "that same one spirit, which is God"

In the scriptures, Jesus says so (John 17:3. John 10:34-36) & common sense says that Yahweh is "the ONLY TRUE GOD.
The word "ONLY" speaks volumes which all mumu brain have shut out.

Here is the Trinity... (copied & modified)
Who is God? Jesus
Is Jesus the son of Mary? Yes
Who created Mary? God
Who is Jesus? God
Who resurrected Jesus? God
Did God have a beginning? No
Then, who was born on Dec 25? Jesus
Where's God? in heaven
How many are there in heaven?only one God
Where's Jesus? He sits at the right hand of God
Then, how many seats? one.
how are they seated? On one chair.
It's only understood by those with ("holy"?) indeed satanic spirit.
Can U see how confused they (trinity crew) are ?

"Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus... has sent me to you... be filled with holy spirit."
"At once Saul began to preach.... that Jesus is the son of God" Acts9:17,20.
The man wey get the holy spirit preached that "Jesus is the son of God"

But Modern day Pharisees with satanic spirit preach the Trinity. Lol
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 08, 2018
TruthinAction:

There are many churches today where you can find the truth. There may be differences in some areas in practice but the central message is the same. Jesus came into this world to die for sinners. He rose again on the third day. Anyone who believes in him will have eternal life. So, any church where this gospel is preached is OK. A church does not have to have a widespread influence like the Jehovah witness organization for it to be accepted. Even if it's a church that has 10 members but they are preaching the truth, it's safer to attend than to be in the midst of misguided crowd. Over time, the church will certainly grow in numbers. If you tell me where you live, I can recommend several churches for you to choose from. But as for the Jehovah's witness, please don't go there. They are agents of darkness disguised as ministers of righteousness. Their doctrine will give you a straight ticket to the hell they said does not exist.
What is Hell?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 08, 2018
zodiakzax:

Pagan... where in the bible did it say we should worship on Sunday? Or a particular day? If you want to worship any time call me, link me up then we will worship,or have you forgotten when two or more are gathered God, our Lord Jesus is always there? grin grin grin grin grin....
That's the only problem i'm having with all of you, Jehovah's witnesses have all the qualities of well behaved preachers yet you're saying they're not getting it right. I asked a simple question and the next thing is insulting me and calling me Pagan after i've decided to ask questions from the heart politely. The Bible said "gathering together" and "knowing my co~worshippers in person" in order to be acquainted with them as good examples. Hebrews 10:24,25 & 13:7
So how do i get to know if the person i'm linking up on social media is not a murderer, fornicator, adulterer, swindler and so on when i can't even see you in person embarassed embarassed embarassed. Psalms 1:1-3
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2018
TATIME:
That's the only problem i'm having with all of you, Jehovah's witnesses have all the qualities of well behaved preachers yet you're saying they're not getting it right. I asked a simple question and the next thing is insulting me and calling me Pagan after i've decided to ask questions from the heart politely. The Bible said "gathering together" and "knowing my co~worshippers in person" in order to be acquainted with them as good examples. Hebrews 10:24,25 & 13:7
So how do i get to know if the person i'm linking up on social media is not a murderer, fornicator, adulterer, swindler and so on when i can't even see you in person embarassed embarassed embarassed. Psalms 1:1-3

JESUS will say "O thou of little faith" little Thomas, unless I see with my own eyes I will not believe.... grin grin..stupid Pagan didn't I say call and we will link up? You don't need 100 10 to gather, only need 2, and the Lord Himself will be there... grin grin..he's afraid of being killed, well blessed are those who for my name sake shall be persecuted and killed.... Why are you scared? grin grin grin...Mr Muslim Man
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 3:43pm On Dec 08, 2018
TATIME:
What is Hell?

Everlasting fire, a place for your organization
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 5:15pm On Dec 08, 2018
zodiakzax:

Who says we follow men, we follow one and that is Jesus Christ, whether pastor Bleep says this or that ooo, I careless, if his doctrine can't be supported by the truth of the scripture then He's fake and compromised..simple..stupid did we tell you we belonged to a particular denomination?

U dey deny your pastorpreneurs & gods of men because their y***h done open.. Lol

U teach & practice what Jesus never did, for instance, Trinity among others. U no even know Jesus.
Sottay , U tacitly denied your own posts on this thread.

Your Trinity was bashed & torn to shreds here. Now U guys shepaly shifted to another topic to save face.
if U ,zodiakzax get liver, name the "particular denomination" U belong.
Una dey hide behind NL monikers dey claim body of Christ who idolize gods of men (god of ole... ). Lols
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 5:30pm On Dec 08, 2018
OneJ:

U dey deny your pastorpreneurs & gods of men because their y***h done open.. Lol

U teach & practice what Jesus never did, for instance, Trinity among others. U no even know Jesus.
Sottay , U tacitly denied your own posts on this thread.

Your Trinity was bashed & torn to shreds here. Now U guys shepaly shifted to another topic to save face.
if U ,zodiakzax get liver, name the "particular denomination" U belong.
Una dey hide behind NL monikers dey claim body of Christ who idolize gods of men (god of ole... ). Lols

See pot calling kettle black. Like your governing body doesn't beg for money. Your gb that says the only way you can make unrighteous riches righteous is by donating it to watchtower organization.

Remove the log in your eye before removing spec in someone else's eyes.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 08, 2018
zodiakzax:

JESUS will say "O thou of little faith" little Thomas, unless I see with my own eyes I will not believe.... grin grin..stupid Pagan didn't I say call and we will link up? You don't need 100 10 to gather, only need 2, and the Lord Himself will be there... grin grin..he's afraid of being killed, well blessed are those who for my name sake shall be persecuted and killed.... Why are you scared? grin grin grin...Mr Muslim Man
But Jesus talked about "the voice of a stranger" John 10:5 embarassed embarassed embarassed
So how do i know if you're not that "stranger" ? because Jesus said "flock" John 10:16 and that connotes more than 30 persons.
Moreover your manner of approach totally contradicts the humble and mild spirit that the Jesus of Nazareth taught. undecided undecided
Don't give me escuses by telling me that some JWs on NL also behave barbaric like you because they're not the ones leading me, those leading our group are opposed to debates on social media! So it's unthinkable for me to abandon such reasonable leaders only to join an abusive,aggressive and antagonistic person like you in the name of the Lord. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 08, 2018
zodiakzax:

Everlasting fire, a place for your organization
Can you enlighten me on that from the pages of the Bible? Because i'm used to the idea and in Islam they said it's a place for all non-Muslims including you!
So i don't want to be dogmatic but to fully grasp the meaning as recorded in the Bible. God told Adam "you will die" not "you will burn forever in hellfire". Adam is the first sinner so if God didn't keep Adam inside burning fire forever why his offsprings who never knew God face to face like Adam
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 6:41pm On Dec 08, 2018
brocab:
{John 2:18-22} NWT Bible Therefore, in response the Jews said to him: “What sign can you show us, since you are doing these things?”
Jesus replied to them: “Tear down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
{Jesus said: He will raise Himself up in 3 day's {1 Corinthians 6:14, Acts 2:24} By His power God raised the Lord from the dead..
This must mean Jesus and the Father are One..
{Verse 20} The Jews then said: “This temple was built in 46 years, and will you raise it up in three days?”
But he was talking about the temple of his body. When, though, he was raised up from the dead, his disciples recalled that he used to say this, and they believed the scripture and what Jesus had spoken.

Even after U quoted the scriptures, U had to twist it to sweeten your falsehood.
Your god died and resurrected himself.
Dubious man.
John 2:22
"After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he (Jesus) had said."

Who resurrected Jesus? Or Jesus resurrected himself ?

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.... when He raised him (Christ) from the dead and seated him (Christ) at his right hand in the heavenly realms"
Eph 1:3,20.

" I keep asking that (Yahweh) the God of our Lord Jesus Christ , the glorious Father, may give you the spirit of wisdom" to comot this mumu trinity from your brain.
Eph 1:17

Paul & JWs dey pray for your deliverance....
Press. 'exit' mode.
The ball is in your court.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2018
OneJ:

Even after U quoted the scriptures, U had to twist it to sweeten your falsehood.
Dubious man.
"After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he (Jesus) had said."

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.... when He raised him (Christ) from the dead and seated him (Christ) at his right hand in the heavenly realms"

" I keep asking that (Yahweh) the God of our Lord Jesus Christ , the glorious Father, may give you the spirit of wisdom" to comot this mumu trinity from your brain.

Press. 'exit' mode.

Pot calling kettle black. Lol. See baba of bible twisting they accuse another person of twisting Bible.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Godssword1(m): 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2018
Join us on Telegram Messenger to get the Latest on breaking Christian news, Latest Gospel Music (Audio ,video, lyrics) Free Downloads, access THOUSANDS OF FREE EBOOKS, and other exciting stuffs.
Our Group - https:///ibloggospel
Our Channel - https:///ibloggospel_channel
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Godssword1(m): 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2018
OneJ:

Dubious man.

Press. 'exit' mode.

Na u sabi twist Scriptures pass. Chai...see twisting
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Godssword1(m): 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2018
Join us on Telegram Messenger to get the Latest on breaking Christian news, Latest Gospel Music (Audio ,video, lyrics) Free Downloads, access THOUSANDS OF FREE EBOOKS, and other exciting stuffs.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 08, 2018
Godssword1:

Who are to do the house to house preaching and teaching stuff Matthew 10:3-15,Acts 20:20,Romans 10:13-15
Just asking because of what Jesus said about being the leader regarding the preaching and teaching of the word of God! Matthew 28:19,20 And He set the pace for all those who wants God approval to follow His footsteps closely! 1Peter 2:21
Please don't be annoyed that i keep quoting the Bible on each sentence, i only did so to know why most people "like you" just speak or post something on social media about God's pure worship but never point to the Bible (the only authority of confirmation) to back their claims.

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (278) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Sincere Milk — Jesus, My Best Friend / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 202
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.