Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (373550 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 12:20am On Dec 10, 2018
zodiakzax:

Common sense.... undecided undecided undecided... grin grin grin..did Jesus resurrect himself? Yes, Jesus said He will.resurrect himself, here we go let me show everyone how ignorant you are

Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
John 2:19 KJV

grin grin grin grin

Why didn't he say, destroy this temple and My Father will raise it up? Talking about his body... grin grin grin... My friend doesn't matter what the disciples believed, the disciples did not even understand when Jesus told them to be ware of the leaven of the Pharisees grin grin grin grin..they thought Jesus was talking about bread.. grin grin grin....now Jesus Himself said He will raise himself... and they said the Father did it, so who raised Jesus up? Both the Father and Jesus.. grin grin.. you wished that scripture wouldn't be in the bible abi? grin grin grin but it's there....Okay tell us Jesus was a liar.. grin grin

grin grin grin, so my question OneJ is where was Christ sitting when he went to sit by the right side of the Father? grin grin grin

So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.
Mark 16:19 ESV

So the throne is so big that it can accommodate two gods, grin grin grin grin... in revelation it says water flows from the throne of the Father of of the Lamb.... so the Father now shares his throne with the Son.. then they are equal so why are you shouting here?? If I can seat on a kings throne with him then I have equal authority and power with him the throne is only a simple of authority and power.... no one has rhe right to sit on a kings throne if He's not the king. grin grin grin

Now how come we have one Lord, Jesus Christ? ... the One Lord and One God should have been the Father but that is not the case my friend..... guys you see why i sau they are stupid? Not because I insult them, no because they are stupid...

Hhmmmm !!
"doesn't matter what the disciples believed..." words of a modern day Pharisee showing his true colour.

Go write your own Bible na ?

Jesus Christ himself said " I overcame and sat down with my Father (Yahweh) on his throne" Rev 3:21

Continue quarrelling with Jesus.
"Jesus is God" and "sat down at the right hand of God". Your "God" sat down at the right hand of himself.
Confused bunch of idiots!

zodiakzax fighting against Jesus Christ my Messiah in a desperate bid to save face.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 1:05am On Dec 10, 2018
OneJ:

Hhmmmm !!
"doesn't matter what the disciples believed..." words of a modern day Pharisee showing his true colour.

Go write your own Bible na ?

Jesus Christ himself said " I overcame and sat down with my Father (Yahweh) on his throne" Rev 3:21

Continue quarrelling with Jesus.
"Jesus is God" and "sat down at the right hand of God". Your "God" sat down at the right hand of himself.
Confused bunch of idiots!

zodiakzax fighting against Jesus Ch rist my Messiah in a desperate bid to save face.

OneJ, obviously you failed to address the rest if the things I said.... anyways Jesus said He will raise himself up...I told you it doesnt matter what the disciples believed because Jesus Himself said He will raise himself... was Jesus lying?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:24am On Dec 10, 2018
Jesus is Jehovah

written by a christian

The Bible plainly calls Jesus "God" in several places and otherwise makes it clear that Jesus is divine. Jehovah's Witnesses, however, will acknowledge that Jesus is a divine being and even call him a god while denying that He is, in fact, the almighty God and the uncreated creator. It is, therefore, helpful to be able to show a few of the places that the Bible identifies Jesus as YHWH (Jehovah) by name, thus unambiguously claiming Him to be the true and living God Almighty.

The Heavens are the Work of Your Hands
A good place to start with a Jehovah's Witness is Psalm 102. The Christian and the Jehovah's Witnesses will agree on a great deal in this passage. It is very clearly a prayer to Jehovah God:

"Hear my prayer, O Lord! And let my cry for help come to You. Do not hide Your face from me in the day of my distress; Incline Your ear to me," (Psalm 102:1-2).

It goes on to declare important truths about Jehovah:

"But You, O Lord, abide forever, And Your name to all generations," (Psalm 102:12).

"So the nations will fear the name of the Lord And all the kings of the earth Your glory. For the Lord has built up Zion; He has appeared in His glory. He has regarded the prayer of the destitute and has not despised their prayer," (Psalm 102:15-17).

And it speaks of Jehovah's future kingdom reign over all the peoples of the Earth:

"This will be written for the generation to come, that a people yet to be created may praise the Lord. For He looked down from His holy height; From heaven the Lord gazed upon the earth, to hear the groaning of the prisoner, to set free those who were doomed to death, that men may tell of the name of the Lord in Zion and His praise in Jerusalem, when the peoples are gathered together, and the kingdoms, to serve the Lord," (Psalm 102:18-22).

Throughout this chapter, the word here translated "Lord" is the name "YHWH" or "Jehovah." The Psalm closes by declaring of Him:

"Of old, You founded the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands. Even they will perish, but You endure; And all of them will wear out like a garment; Like clothing, You will change them and they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will not come to an end. The children of Your servants will continue, And their descendants will be established before You,” (Psalm 102:25-28).

Such lofty proclamations are very specific to Jehovah and could not be applied to any other being. The Christian and the Jehovah's Witness can agree that this is who Jehovah is, and there is none other. When we turn to the New Testament, however, we see something incredible. The author of the Book of Hebrews writes:

"But of the Son, He says, 'Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, And the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness above Your companions.' And, 'You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the works of Your hands; They will perish, but You remain; And they all will become old like a garment, And like a mantle You will roll them up; Like a garment they will also be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will not come to an end,'” (Hebrews 1:8-12).

The author quotes two Psalms and says that they were talking about the Son. Both of them are powerful testimonies of Christ's deity, yet for our purposes here, the second is the most important. Notice, again, that verses 10-12 cite the passage:

"You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the works of Your hands; They will perish, but You remain; And they all will become old like a garment, And like a mantle You will roll them up; Like a garment they will also be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will not come to an end."

He is quoting here from Psalm 102, a prayer to Jehovah by name that could not be talking to or about any other being. The citation even addresses the son as the "Lord." Again, throughout the Psalm, in the Hebrew, the word "Lord" is the name "YHWH" or "Jehovah." The Book of Hebrews thus plainly identifies Jesus as Jehovah.

Because He Saw His Glory
In the Gospel of John, we read:

"These things Jesus spoke, and He went away and hid Himself from them. But though He had performed so many signs before them, yet they were not believing in Him. This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet which he spoke: 'Lord, who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?' For this reason they could not believe, for Isaiah said again, 'He has blinded their eyes and He hardened their heart, so that they would not see with their eyes and perceive with their heart, and be converted and I heal them.' These things Isaiah said because he saw His glory, and he spoke of Him," (John 12:36b-41).

John tells us that Jesus spoke, then went away and concealed Himself. John is explaining why "though He had performed so many signs before them, yet they were not believing in Him." They "He" here is still Jesus. It is Jesus that they do not believe in, even though He has performed signs. John explains their refusal to believe in Jesus by quoting from Isaiah 53:1 and Isaiah 6:10. John then explains that Isaiah said these things when he "saw his glory and spoke of him." The "him" here is still Jesus. Isaiah was speaking of Jesus and saw Jesus' glory. This makes sense because in Isaiah 53, Isaiah spoke of the Messiah and in Isaiah 6 He saw a vision of glory. But whose glory did he see? Isaiah tells us that:

"In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple," (Isaiah 6:1).

In the Septuagint, the Greek translation of the Old Testament often cited by the New Testament writers, the verse reads:

"And it happened in the year that King Ozias died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and raised up, and the house was full of his glory,"

So, whose glory did Isaiah see when he wrote these words? The Lord's. YHWH's. Jehovah's. John clearly says that Isaiah saw Jesus' glory. John, therefore, identifies Jesus as Jehovah. When Jehovah appeared to Isaiah, it was not the Father but rather the Son who appeared. Therefore, though there is only one Jehovah, it is not only the Father who is Jehovah. The Son is Jehovah as well. Jehovah is one God, but more than one person. No one has seen the Father, but the Son, who is also Jehovah God, has made the Father known. When Isaiah saw Jehovah, he was looking at the pre-incarnate Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:28am On Dec 10, 2018
continue

I Will Pour Out My Spirit
All four gospels report that John the Baptist prophesied:

"As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire," (Matthew 3:11, see also Mark 1:8, Luke 3:16, John 1:33).

If there were any doubt that Jesus is the one about whom God spoke, The Gospel of John reports:

"The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, 'Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! This is He on behalf of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.’ I did not recognize Him, but so that He might be manifested to Israel, I came baptizing in water.' John testified saying, 'I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him. I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, ‘He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the One who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.’ I myself have seen, and have testified that this is the Son of God," (John 1:29-34).

Unquestionably, then, John the Baptist spoke of Jesus as the one who would immerse His people in the Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit was poured out, Jesus would be the one doing the pouring. In Acts 1:5, Jesus connects this prediction with the outpouring of the Spirit on the day of Pentecost which would occur shortly after that in Acts Chapter 2. Peter does not see this as merely the fulfillment of John's prophecy, however. He points back further to the Old Testament promise of Jehovah:

"but this is what was spoken of through the prophet Joel: ‘And it shall be in the last days,’ God says, ‘That I will pour forth of My Spirit on all mankind; And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, And your young men shall see visions, And your old men shall dream dreams; Even on My bondslaves, both men and women, I will in those days pour forth of My Spirit And they shall prophesy. And I will grant wonders in the sky above And signs on the earth below, Blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke. The sun will be turned into darkness And the moon into blood, Before the great and glorious day of the Lord shall come. And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved,’" (Acts 2:16-21).

He is quoting, as He says, from the book of Joel:

"Thus you will know that I am in the midst of Israel, And that I am the Lord your God, And there is no other; And My people will never be put to shame. It will come about after this That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; And your sons and daughters will prophesy, Your old men will dream dreams, Your young men will see visions. Even on the male and female servants I will pour out My Spirit in those days. I will display wonders in the sky and on the earth, Blood, fire and columns of smoke. The sun will be turned into darkness And the moon into blood Before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the Lord Will be delivered," (Joel 2:27-32).

The Lord (YHWH) says that He will pour out His Spirit. The Gospel writers, the Apostle Peter, and indeed Jesus Himself all say that it was Jesus who poured out the Spirit. Peter goes on to say plainly:

"Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear," (Acts 2:33).

The Son is distinguished from the Father, and it is the Son and not the Father who pours out the Spirit. Jehovah Promised than He Himself would pour out the Spirit. He did not promise that an archangel or any of His other created beings would do so. We know that the Father is Jehovah, but here we see that, since Jehovah is not a liar and we know that He kept His word, the Son who poured out the Spirit is also Jehovah. And the Spirit of Jehovah cannot be a separate entity from Jehovah Himself, so here we actually see the Father, Son, and Spirit as distinct persons who are all Jehovah God. The fulfillment of this prophecy is thus not only testimony of the deity of Christ but, in fact, of the doctrine of the Trinity!

Every Knee Will Bow
In Philippians 2, Paul is clear that Jesus not only personally existed before his human conception and birth, but that He did so in the very nature of God:

"although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men," (Philippians 2:6-7).

Paul made a similar point to the Colossians, stating that:

"For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form," (Colossians 2:9).

Philippians 2 goes on to make it quite clear that Jesus did not merely exist as a divine, god-like creation, but that He is Jehovah God Himself. Paul goes on to say:

"So that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father," (Philippians 2:10-11).

Here, Paul is applying to Jesus the words from Isaiah, where Jehovah Himself says:

"I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance," (Isaiah 45:23).

Jehovah swore by His own name that every knee would bow and every tongue will confess His own Lordship. Paul says that this oath of God will be fulfilled in every knee bowing and every tongue confessing that Jesus is Lord. Again, Jesus is identified as YHWH, the LORD, Jehovah. The whole passage, of course, distinguishes between the Father and Son. The Son voluntarily submits to the Father, the Father exalts the Son, and the Son glorifies the Father. They are two distinct persons, yet they are both Jehovah God. This is what Christians have always believed. This is, again, an expression of the Christian doctrine of the Trinity.

Inside the Bible
Jesus said
John 8:24, "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I AM, you will die in your sins."

Paul said
Romans 10:9-13, "If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For the Scripture says, 'Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.' For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; for 'Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.'"

Jude said
Jude 4-5, "For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ. Now I desire to remind you, though you know all things once for all, that the Lord, after saving a people out of the land of Egypt, subsequently destroyed those who did not believe."
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:43am On Dec 10, 2018
TATIME:

I'm not one of the Born Agains, because my own part of the promise is everlasting life on earth! Psalms 37:9-11,29,Proverbs 2:20-22,Isaiah 35:6,65:21-23,Matthew 5:5,Revelations 14:6
Well finely you have admitted you are not a true Christian-but someone who thinks he is saved through a denomination that had only been around since 1830.."Has got me baffled..
TATIME:
The born again members of Jehovah's witnesses are surely the meekest, in fact they're the ones that over 8 million of us are trying hard to imitate their faith. You can never find a born again Jehovah's witness debating or arguing with you on social media! Because they always display all the qualities of the Holy Spirit in a perfect way, if you know them you will be moved to say "truly,these are the Christlike ones"
Are you lying to me again-As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one; so how do you become prefect? "And how does 144000 add up to be 8 million-and how does the Holy Spirit work-if you believe He is an it? You refuse to believe the Holy Spirit is One of the God head, so how would He work in a prefect way? So how do you try so hard to imitate your faith, when you can't accept truth? Plus I am not expecting to find a born again JW' either-which of course it leaves you out of the spotlights, "Do you realise-Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.…
TATIME:
What baffles me is their attitudes towards people, because they must be the meekest of all people on earth before been given the privilege to serve as rulers alongside Jesus the lamb. But when i see those claiming born again Christians today, i laugh so much since their attitudes totally conflicts with that of those the Bible described as born again!
What baffles me, why someone like you, would even think they are a Christian-when you lie against the truth-you don't like the way we defend our Lord Jesus, then you must be on the wrong page, we react and respond to your feed back to us, your attitude towards Christ 'stinks, we judge by your fruit-which is your attitude towards us, we will always defend our beliefs, like you defend the Watchtower, personally we don't know you, "But that's Ok-I am happy with that..
TATIME:
When reading posts my friend, try to calm down in order to fully understand what the other person is trying to say so that you can know how to give a meaningful and mind catching response.
I'm not one of the Born Agains, because my own part of the promise is everlasting life on earth! Psalms 37:9-11,29,Proverbs 2:20-22,Isaiah 35:6,65:21-23,Matthew 5:5,Revelations 14:6
God's Kingdom was to be established in Jerusalem,( Isaiah 2:2-4) the King must be a perfect person from heaven "not one of Adam's sinful descendants" (Isaiah 11:10,Daniel 12:1) from there God's chosen King will rule over the whole earth(Daniel 2:44),His corulers must be chosen from the sons of Israel(Genesis 22:18, Revelations 7:4-8,14:1 But the Israelites kept killing God's prophets who were sent to them to enlighten them concerning the arrival of the chosen one (Messiah or Christ). Finally they were plotting to kill even the Messiah Himself, so Jesus told them that Jerusalem has lost that glory.(Matthew 23:37) His followers were confused because they strongly believe that Jesus is the Messiah but now He is saying evil will befall Jerusalem (their supposed government sit). Luke 21:5,6 Knowing their thoughts, Jesus now told them that they will still rule with Him but their government house will no more be in Jerusalem anymore but in HEAVEN(John 14:1-4) that's how the idea of going to heaven started. So it's not for all faithful servants of God but only to a limited number of His chosen corulers.
They must drop this human flesh and become spirit persons, that's the meaning of being Born Again!
They must first be born by water :meaning they must learn how to rule from Jesus Christ and become His baptised follower so none of all the prophets prior to that time can't be among the Born Agains. John 3:5 compared with Matthew 11:11
They must be born by spirit :meaning they're not going to heaven with the flesh so God will transform them into spirit beings before they can go to heaven.
What baffles me is their attitudes towards people, because they must be the meekest of all people on earth before been given the privilege to serve as rulers alongside Jesus the lamb. But when i see those claiming born again Christians today, i laugh so much since their attitudes totally conflicts with that of those the Bible described as born again!
The born again members of Jehovah's witnesses are surely the meekest, in fact they're the ones that over 8 million of us are trying hard to imitate their faith. You can never find a born again Jehovah's witness debating or arguing with you on social media! Because they always display all the qualities of the Holy Spirit in a perfect way, if you know them you will be moved to say "truly,these are the Christlike ones"

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw47: 1:58am On Dec 10, 2018
OneJ:

Indeed ,zodiakzax & his modern day Pharisees crew are polytheists because they worship triune God with three faces (they call Godhead, a dubious invention indeed).

trinitarians clearly don't believe in a god with three faces,
but in the one true God of the bible being three seperate persons

but you false jw onej cannot help being like your daddy the devil and lying always

however false jw's are polytheists believing in two gods
"a almighty god" and "a mighty god"

what liars and hypercrites, clearly of your forefathers the pharisees
and of your father god satan:

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

amazing how you false jw's cannot stop lying, you keep showing who the god of false jw is
post after post, day after day
smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 2:50am On Dec 10, 2018
zodiakzax:

grin grin grin grin grin... see how you are struggling... pagans..

Where did it say the Father is the sovereign Lord Assumptions... if the Father is the Sovereign Lord then why do we have one Lord,Jesus Christ?? Give me one scripture that says Jesus called The Father My Lord, you've gone to heaven and hell but came back with assumptions, simple scripture, you can't provide grin grin grin grin

Was Jesus saying David called him Lord because He existed before him? undecided undecided undecided... show me... Mr Assumptions... grin grin grin... dumb headed pagans.. let's even go with your stupidity so why will he that exist before David becomes David's Son? The Lord became the Son and the servant the Master... grin grin grin

Now angel in Hebrews is now messenger and not a being grin grin grin.. idiots...well your organization said he was Michael the Angelic Being, but we all know and have seen in Hebrews that NO ANGELIC Being was begotten of God... its clear enough, he was made better not greater grin grin grin..English is difficult for you lots.. grin grin grin.... God created all things by means of Christ including angels and they mention the names of two angels that were created among them, Michael and Gabriel, so how can God create Michael by means of Michael? grin grin grin grin..you see how they make you look so foolish.... Jw's are so childish and stupid... in Genesis 31:11-13, an angel said he was the One true God, in Genesis 21:11 it was an angel that instructed Abraham to sacrifice Isaac to him but we know it was God from vs 1 that asked Abraham to do it... in Exodus 3, we see that it was an angel that appeared to Moses in the burning bush and same angel said he was God of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob.... So who was this angel? YAHWEH? grin grin grin..... So Yahweh is an Angel now.. grin grin grin.... besides OneJ and Barristter07 confirmed Jesus is not an Angelic Being going against your stupid organization...

So Jesus materialised and gave himself wounds grin grin grin grin and this one said i should use my head small grin grin grin... So.later he dematerialised and remove the wounds abi?.. grin grin grin grin.... didn't you see in revelation that Jesus was represented as a lamb that looks like it was slain? How does a lamb that looks like it was slain look like? grin cheesy grin... stupid dumb heads.... you are devil's and not Christians... Jesus resurrected bodily and with all the wounds because he was the lamb that was slain. And so shall He be to all in heaven and on earth. Pagans...

Why should i rule something out based on Assumption my friend? grin grin grin...you want me to rule it out yet provides no scripture for me to do so.?.... Assumptionists grin grin grin... anyways Yahweh there did not say My Lord God has sent me did he? grin grin grin grin.. He said THE LORD GOD AND His Spirit has sent me.... English is too difficult for you lots...I told you even my dog is wiser..... show me where Jesus called The Father My Lord... grin grin grin..He alone is One Lord....

And One Lord is just the Son.... 1cor 8:6.... grin grin grin... So the Father Aknowledges the Son as Lord and the Son Aknowledges the Father as God.... and they are ONE because there's only One God One Lord and ONE Spirit Eph 4:4-6.... that is the Holy Trinity.. grin grin grin

Jesus is the source or origin of God's creation per the Greek word used there, So Jesus is the Originator,Ruler and source of God's creation... grin grin grin.. silly...

Rev 3:14

NIV
To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation.

Berean Study Bible
To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Originator of God’s creation.

Christian Standard Bible
"Write to the angel of the church in Laodicea: Thus says the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the originator of God's creation:

Contemporary English Version
This is what you must write to the angel of the church in Laodicea: I am the one called Amen! I am the faithful and true witness and the source of God's creation. Listen to what I say.

Good News Translation
"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: "This is the message from the Amen, the faithful and true witness, who is the origin of all that God has created.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
"Write to the angel of the church in Laodicea: "The Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Originator of God's creation says:

International Standard Version
"To the messenger of the church in Laodicea, write: 'The Amen, the witness who is faithful and true, the originator of God's creation, says this:

NET Bible
"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write the following: "This is the solemn pronouncement of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the originator of God's creation:

New Heart English Bible
"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: "The Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Head of God's creation, says these things:

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“And to The Messenger of the assembly of the Laidiqians write: “Thus says The Eternal, The Trustworthy and True Witness, and The Source of The Creation of God:”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
"To the messenger of the church in Laodicea, write: The amen, the witness who is faithful and true, the source of God's creation, says:

Where in Acts 4 did it say Mountains were created my friend? I said scroll through the entire bible and show me where it says Mountains were created? How hard can that be.... e.g and God created the mountains, or before the mountains were created etc, show me... undecided undecided..... Acts 4 said God made everything, how did he make the mountains? You were here shouting create is the same as born, to prove your silly notion you quoted Psalm 90, now that psalms is holding your neck.. grin grin grin.... now, where in the bible did it say that God created the Son? Because now you Are assuming God created the mountains because He created everything abi? Well we are told God begot the Son, and that by means of the Son he created everything, where did it say God created the Son, going by your own foolish assumption.. because it was by means of the Son that All things were created.....block heads...

Barrister07 decided not to wait for my response which will obviously expose him more so He quickly started finalising his statements... grin grin grin grin.. well I did same so why are you complaining..

See how he ignored the Russell part grin grin grin .. ... dictionary that you lots cherish so much says Russell is your founder ... but you deny him, but to prove your case you can run to dictionary, same dictionary you oppose... grin grin grin grin...idiots..

Pagans believing in many Christian gods... grin grin grin grin.... two gods, Almighty God and mighty god, zeus and ares grin grin grin grin..So why do you shout when we worship the mighty God, ares was worshiped infact he was the God of war... one cannot be a god without being worshipped then He's no god.... Pagans...hypocrites

I still expect your response to the three points , While awaiting that . there are some 2 points in the above post that I will like to address .

1. 1 Corinthians 8:6 established that the ONE GOD is THE FATHER . ( That rules out Trinity) just the Father , Just The Father.

And one Lord. Jesus... ( Appointed by the Father to be Lord - Act 2:36) Appointer has authority over the appointee

The issue here is the identity of the one God. And that is revealed as the Father. --- For us and the apostle's , the one God is the Father

2. Revelation 3:14 where Arche appears , Source or originator is a Wrong and perverted translation. FACT: Jesus is not the Source of Gods creation! The Father himself is the source.

" There is actually to us , one God, the Father, FROM WHOM ALL THINGS ARE

So " Beginning " as John uses arche in most of his writings is the true translation of Rev 3:14.. Jesus was created .

" These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God "

Stick with source and contradict the Bible.

Your choice.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:51am On Dec 10, 2018
You are right it isn't my business how you see your Jesus, your Jesus in the Watchtower, "he is a murderer, He came as the angel of light to kill and destroy, he came as the light bearer, he is a lair-from the beginning..
It is only my business to judge you by your fruit-how you understand Jesus is not my concern-because your Jesus and my Jesus are two different people-where I have been trying to tell you from the beginning-finely you are starting to realise it.
{"My Jesus paid the price, and you can't do that for one of your own}
But not only I, have been telling you, you have a different Jesus-and a different gospel, we all have been telling you repeatedly you don't witness the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit-you witness the false prophet, the beast and Satan, it is they that fornicate against innocent Children, lie, and refuse to give blood to save a soul.
TATIME:
Thanks to Jehovah for giving James a measure of the Holy Spirit to pen down those words!
Whether i said Jesus is my househelp, gateman, cleaner, driver or even messenger,what matters is the fruitage of what Jesus is accomplishing with His group as a flock.
So whatever i call my own Jesus is none of your business, what is needed is how far Jesus is able to use you in His works, hello Sir that's what every right thinking person want to SEE in other to believe that truly Jesus is with you! Matthew 28:20
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 2:52am On Dec 10, 2018
johnw47:

trinitarians clearly don't believe in a god with three faces,
but in the one true God of the bible being three seperate persons

but you false jw onej cannot help being like your daddy the devil and lying always

however false jw's are polytheists believing in two gods
"a almighty god" and "a mighty god"

what liars and hypercrites, clearly of your forefathers the pharisees
and of your father god satan:

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

amazing how you false jw's cannot stop lying, you keep showing who the god of false jw is
post after post, day after day
smiley

Who is the one God ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 2:53am On Dec 10, 2018
brocab:
You are right it isn't my business how you see your Jesus, your Jesus in the Watchtower, "he is a murderer, He came as the angel of light to kill and destroy, he came as the light bearer, he is a lair-from the beginning..
It is only my business to judge you by your fruit-how you understand Jesus is not my concern-because your Jesus and my Jesus are two different people-where I have been trying to tell you from the beginning-finely you are starting to realise it.
But not only I, have been telling you, you have a different Jesus-and a different gospel, we all have been telling you repeatedly you don't witness the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit-you witness the false prophet, the beast and Satan, it is they that fornicate against innocent Children, lie, and refuse to give blood against his own.

The Jesus of the bible is the beginning of Gods creation. He was created, ( Rev 3:14) So you are the one with a different Jesus

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:14am On Dec 10, 2018
You got that right, you do have another Jesus-My Jesus said: before Abraham was born I Am: {John 8:58}
{John 1:1-3} In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.
This isn't saying that Jesus was created. It's saying that Jesus was the source of creation. He was the beginning of all things. It's showing that through him, all things were created.
Barristter07:

The Jesus of the bible is the beginning of Gods creation. He was created, ( Rev 3:14) So you are the one with a different Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:02am On Dec 10, 2018
We are not expecting you to understand whom Jesus was, is and is coming back.
{1 Timothy 3:16} God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.
Barristter07:

Who is the one God ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:03am On Dec 10, 2018
zodiakzax:

It sounds nice and all, I'm almost moved to tears... grin grin grin.. but the problem is you don't believe in One God, you believe in two gods, you see Tatime I know you are not knowledgeable in the scriptures being a muslim and all and you try so hard to put your mind and assumption into it but you see these are the Words of God not man so unless you read to know what it means, you will only assume things in the scriptures when in truth it's not..... so I can only say stop looking at groups and the behaviour of people, rather go into the bible and ascertain the truth, the Jw's deceived you and you fell for it but it's not late you can still get out... you are ignorant... that's why you lack scriptural references..... the fact is your Organization believes in two gods....pagans..little demons...
Hmmmmmmmmmm well you're emphasizing on what the organization believes but the Bible says if what someone believes is wrong it's the outcome that will judge. Luke 6:43
Jehovah's Witnesses believe in One God "JEHOVAH", but it's because you've been taught that Jesus is part of the Godhead that's making it difficult to reason with JWs. To you Jehovah and Jesus are the same person according to your interpretation some scriptures but Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus served as God just like Moses. OK that's the contraction between your belief and that of Jehovah's Witnesses,so how do we now know who is right? Jesus said "by their fruits" James said "by works". That's why i listed the attributes of the true God and how true worshippers could be recognized by the effectiveness of those attributes in their worship. If you agree with those attributes that they rightly belongs to no other person but the one and only true God, then tell me what are the benefits of the religious group that you're presenting as Christians? Because as far as i know,pure worship must reflect those attributes, if not then it's just imitation or counterfeit! Jehovah's Witnesses are imperfect individuals like any other offsprings of Adam so you can't expect them to be perfect, but the attributes of the true God is clearly seen as they go about with their (as it may seem) "stupid religion" .
Ants are intelligent creeping little creatures that you can destroy as many as you can if you hate them but a careful study of this seemingly insignificant creeping little creatures reflects the fine qualities of the one who created them with instinct. Jehovah's Witnesses may seem useless, stupid, worthless, not fashionable, classless and so on but if their gathering is reflecting the qualities of the true God, then my friend there is no doubt that JEHOVAH is the source of their righteousness not humans. Isaiah 54:17
Even if everyone hates them, that hatred could only disintegrate their solidarity provided you're able to present a better option before faithfuls! Act 5:33-40 God bless you Sir. smiley smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:20am On Dec 10, 2018
brocab:
{"My Jesus paid the price, and you can't do that for one of your own}
But not only I, have been telling you, you have a different Jesus-and a different gospel, we all have been telling you repeatedly you don't witness the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit-you witness the false prophet, the beast and Satan, it is they that fornicate against innocent Children, lie, and refuse to give blood to save a soul.
So there's no reason to keep agitating furiously against a group if you truly agree with Jesus who said "many will say we do this and that in your name, and i will tell them i never knew you" so it's simply stated that Jesus Himself said that in the last days people will imagine another Jesus and start following that "imaginary Jesus". That's why i've been trying to know what are the works of your own Jesus so that i can be convinced that it's the same as that from Nazareth. For your information Jesus said He will deny many because "they are workers of iniquity" INIQUITY means lawlessness, so if you're able to present a better option than JWs i'm telling you today that you don't need all these stress, because people will see and know that you have the truth. Ordinarily arguing without something to show for it is like trying to collect something from someone without giving him/her another in replacement. Jesus condemned Judaism and replaced it with Christianity, so if you're saying Jehovah's Witnesses aren't practicing true Christianity today, all you need to do is simply present another group that's performing better. It's as simple as ABC! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 10, 2018
brocab:

Well finely you have admitted you are not a true Christian-but someone who thinks he is saved through a denomination that had only been around since 1830.."Has got me baffled..

Are you lying to me again-As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one; so how do you become prefect? "And how does 144000 add up to be 8 million-and how does the Holy Spirit work-if you believe He is an it? You refuse to believe the Holy Spirit is One of the God head, so how would He work in a prefect way? So how do you try so hard to imitate your faith, when you can't accept truth? Plus I am not expecting to find a born again JW' either-which of course it leaves you out of the spotlights, "Do you realise-Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.…
What baffles me, why someone like you, would even think they are a Christian-when you lie against the truth-you don't like the way we defend our Lord Jesus, then you must be on the wrong page, we react and respond to your feed back to us, your attitude towards Christ 'stinks, we judge by your fruit-which is your attitude towards us, we will always defend our beliefs, like you defend the Watchtower, personally we don't know you, "But that's Ok-I am happy with that..
You don't need to kill yourself because of whatever i believe, it's enough for you to continue in whatever you believe and i continue in my own. Revelations 22:11
Whatever you say against my beliefs is OK as long as you won't disturb me from worshipping my own God, we both have freedom of speech expression and worship,we only make presentations of our beliefs and you too can do the same. And if we're not in agreement, simply quote "we're not worshipping the same God" period. I know that the predominant attribute of the TRUE God is Love and that means worshippers of God must wish everyone well even if they refused to worship with them. 1John 4:8, So you're free to worship yours and i'm free to worship mine as well God bless you Sir! grin grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by xaggar(m): 6:35am On Dec 10, 2018
zodiakzax:

OneJ, obviously you failed to address the rest if the things I said.... anyways Jesus said He will raise himself up...I told you it doesnt matter what the disciples believed because Jesus Himself said He will raise himself... was Jesus lying?

Romans 10 vs 9.
Romans 8: 11

and I don't know why he did this, but you figure it out:

Jesus called out with a loud voice, 'Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.' When he had said this, he breathed his last" (Luke 23:46).
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 7:05am On Dec 10, 2018
brocab:
You got that right, you do have another Jesus-My Jesus said: before Abraham was born I Am: {John 8:58}
{John 1:1-3} In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.
This isn't saying that Jesus was created. It's saying that Jesus was the source of creation. He was the beginning of all things. It's showing that through him, all things were created.

Jesus is not the source.

" Beginning of Creation " . clear enough he was created

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 7:17am On Dec 10, 2018
Barristter07:

Jesus is not the source.

" Beginning of Creation " . clear enough he was created
The same bible said Jesus Christ created all things and nothing came into existence without him.

Colossians 1:16

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.

John 1:3
Verse Concepts
All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

1 Corinthians 8:6
Verse Concepts
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

You will just decide the phrases in verses you want to cherry pick.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by xaggar(m): 7:25am On Dec 10, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

The same bible said Jesus Christ created all things and nothing came into existence without him.

Colossians 1:16

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him.

John 1:3
Verse Concepts
All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

1 Corinthians 8:6
Verse Concepts
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

You will just decide the phrases in verses you want to cherry pick.

Could you explain the words "from" and "by" in the bolded pls?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 10, 2018
brocab:

God bless you again and again for saying this and i hope it has come from the bottom of your heart. Because i meditated thoroughly on the attitude of one first century group,every other religious groups hate them due to their beliefs yet those different critics aren't even in harmony with themselves. They were all condemning this single group because of what they said about God,instead of trying to worship separately and allowing this group to continue with their beliefs peacefully, they were looking for all means to stop their activities. I want to believe you belong to that single peaceful group (Christians) and not those having contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings yet forming alliance against just a group simply because they're having another doctrine of their own. undecided undecided
In the first century, both Jews and Samaritans believe in One God,the Christians also believe in One God but are claiming that Jesus is God's son:meaning everyone must learn how to please God from Jesus! That's the cause of hatred against those Christians back then. Today all of you are claiming Christians but only Jehovah's Witnesses are saying "we must worship the same way if we're for the same Jesus" that's what all those religious groups hate to hear because each person wants to worship as they're pleased!
So instead of doing what can be easily applied for the benefit of everyone they're expecting God to become partial as in supporting their personal selfish demands and desires.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 9:07am On Dec 10, 2018
johnw47:

continue

I Will Pour Out My Spirit
All four gospels report that John the Baptist prophesied:

"As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire," (Matthew 3:11, see also Mark 1:8, Luke 3:16, John 1:33).

If there were any doubt that Jesus is the one about whom God spoke, The Gospel of John reports:

"The next day he saw Jesus coming to him and said, 'Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! This is He on behalf of whom I said, ‘After me comes a Man who has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.’ I did not recognize Him, but so that He might be manifested to Israel, I came baptizing in water.' John testified saying, 'I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him. I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, ‘He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the One who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.’ I myself have seen, and have testified that this is the Son of God," (John 1:29-34).

Unquestionably, then, John the Baptist spoke of Jesus as the one who would immerse His people in the Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit was poured out, Jesus would be the one doing the pouring. In Acts 1:5, Jesus connects this prediction with the outpouring of the Spirit on the day of Pentecost which would occur shortly after that in Acts Chapter 2. Peter does not see this as merely the fulfillment of John's prophecy, however. He points back further to the Old Testament promise of Jehovah:

"but this is what was spoken of through the prophet Joel: ‘And it shall be in the last days,’ God says, ‘That I will pour forth of My Spirit on all mankind; And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, And your young men shall see visions, And your old men shall dream dreams; Even on My bondslaves, both men and women, I will in those days pour forth of My Spirit And they shall prophesy. And I will grant wonders in the sky above And signs on the earth below, Blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke. The sun will be turned into darkness And the moon into blood, Before the great and glorious day of the Lord shall come. And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved,’" (Acts 2:16-21).

He is quoting, as He says, from the book of Joel:

"Thus you will know that I am in the midst of Israel, And that I am the Lord your God, And there is no other; And My people will never be put to shame. It will come about after this That I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; And your sons and daughters will prophesy, Your old men will dream dreams, Your young men will see visions. Even on the male and female servants I will pour out My Spirit in those days. I will display wonders in the sky and on the earth, Blood, fire and columns of smoke. The sun will be turned into darkness And the moon into blood Before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the Lord Will be delivered," (Joel 2:27-32).

The Lord (YHWH) says that He will pour out His Spirit. The Gospel writers, the Apostle Peter, and indeed Jesus Himself all say that it was Jesus who poured out the Spirit. Peter goes on to say plainly:

"Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured forth this which you both see and hear," (Acts 2:33).

The Son is distinguished from the Father, and it is the Son and not the Father who pours out the Spirit. Jehovah Promised than He Himself would pour out the Spirit. He did not promise that an archangel or any of His other created beings would do so. We know that the Father is Jehovah, but here we see that, since Jehovah is not a liar and we know that He kept His word, the Son who poured out the Spirit is also Jehovah. And the Spirit of Jehovah cannot be a separate entity from Jehovah Himself, so here we actually see the Father, Son, and Spirit as distinct persons who are all Jehovah God. The fulfillment of this prophecy is thus not only testimony of the deity of Christ but, in fact, of the doctrine of the Trinity!

Every Knee Will Bow
In Philippians 2, Paul is clear that Jesus not only personally existed before his human conception and birth, but that He did so in the very nature of God:

"although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men," (Philippians 2:6-7).

Paul made a similar point to the Colossians, stating that:

"For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form," (Colossians 2:9).

Philippians 2 goes on to make it quite clear that Jesus did not merely exist as a divine, god-like creation, but that He is Jehovah God Himself. Paul goes on to say:

"So that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father," (Philippians 2:10-11).

Here, Paul is applying to Jesus the words from Isaiah, where Jehovah Himself says:

"I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance," (Isaiah 45:23).

Jehovah swore by His own name that every knee would bow and every tongue will confess His own Lordship. Paul says that this oath of God will be fulfilled in every knee bowing and every tongue confessing that Jesus is Lord. Again, Jesus is identified as YHWH, the LORD, Jehovah. The whole passage, of course, distinguishes between the Father and Son. The Son voluntarily submits to the Father, the Father exalts the Son, and the Son glorifies the Father. They are two distinct persons, yet they are both Jehovah God. This is what Christians have always believed. This is, again, an expression of the Christian doctrine of the Trinity.

Inside the Bible
Jesus said
John 8:24, "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I AM, you will die in your sins."

Paul said
Romans 10:9-13, "If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For the Scripture says, 'Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.' For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; for 'Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.'"

Jude said
Jude 4-5, "For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ. Now I desire to remind you, though you know all things once for all, that the Lord, after saving a people out of the land of Egypt, subsequently destroyed those who did not believe."

They should take their time to read carefully and analyse this write-up, compare, search and see if the writer is wrong or not.. thanks for sharing this

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 9:15am On Dec 10, 2018
TATIME:
God bless you again and again for saying this and i hope it has come from the bottom of your heart. Because i meditated thoroughly on the attitude of one first century group,every other religious groups hate them due to their beliefs yet those different critics aren't even in harmony with themselves. They were all condemning this single group because of what they said about God,instead of trying to worship separately and allowing this group to continue with their beliefs peacefully, they were looking for all means to stop their activities. I want to believe you belong to that single peaceful group (Christians) and not those having contradicting doctrines and conflicting teachings yet forming alliance against just a group simply because they're having another doctrine of their own. undecided undecided
In the first century, both Jews and Samaritans believe in One God,the Christians also believe in One God but are claiming that Jesus is God's son:meaning everyone must learn how to please God from Jesus! That's the cause of hatred against those Christians back then. Today all of you are claiming Christians but only Jehovah's Witnesses are saying "we must worship the same way if we're for the same Jesus" that's what all those religious groups hate to hear because each person wants to worship as they're pleased!
So instead of doing what can be easily applied for the benefit of everyone they're expecting God to become partial as in supporting their personal selfish demands and desires.

Brocab, this guy doesn't know anything about the scriptures, he's using his own imagination like the way he was taught as A Muslim, can't you see it's so obvious that He doesn't even know that Jesus didn't talk about any group in the Bible? Anytime scripture is used against him he dodges and start saying silly things instead of proving to us we are wrong... he's a joke.. pagan boy...little demon with a fork... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 9:19am On Dec 10, 2018
xaggar:

By: identifying the agent performing an action

From:indicating the point in time at which a particular process, event, or activity starts.

Can we go on please. Your next question..

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by zodiakzax: 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
Barristter07:

I still expect your response to the three points , While awaiting that . there are some 2 points in the above post that I will like to address .

1. 1 Corinthians 8:6 established that the ONE GOD is THE FATHER . ( That rules out Trinity) just the Father , Just The Father.

And one Lord. Jesus... ( Appointed by the Father to be Lord - Act 2:36) Appointer has authority over the appointee

The issue here is the identity of the one God. And that is revealed as the Father. --- For us and the apostle's , the one God is the Father

2. Revelation 3:14 where Arche appears , Source or originator is a Wrong and perverted translation. FACT: Jesus is not the Source of Gods creation! The Father himself is the source.

So " Beginning " as John uses arche in most of his writings is the true translation of Rev 3:14.. Jesus was created .

" These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God "

Your choice.

grin grin grin grin grin..I did reply.. you were so quick to finalise your points without waiting for my reply.. I did same so you can kindly go back and read.....

So the question is, How come the Father is not One Lord ?? undecided undecided There many gods and lords but unto us there's but One God and One Lord... whose Lord is Jesus? The Father? Whose God is Jesus? The Father? The Father acknowledges Jesus as Lord. But Yahweh said beside me there's no Lord.. which you were here shouting theres no Lord beside Yahweh, so Yahweh Aknowledges Jesus to be the Lord....if not so how come Jesus is the One Lord? Surely if the Father was one Lord, Pual would have said but unto us there's One God and One Lord the Father.. undecided undecided..he didn't say that...

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Ephesians 4:4‭-‬6 KJV

There's One Spirit, One Lord, One God,the Father.... trinity grin grin can you see it now? The Father is not the One Lord...

Unto us and the apostles.... grin grin grin grin..where does it say ..and the apostles? cheesy grin cheesy cheesy...you see how you add to scripture? Idiot.... was Thomas not an Apostle? Why did he call Jesus My God? grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin..well that's all you can say... perverted grin grin grin grin grin... well any version that doesnt support your stupid claim you call perverted.. grin grin grin grin grin... go to the Greek dictionary and type Arche and see the meaning.... If Jesus is not the source if Gods creation why did God Almighty create all things by means of Christ? After all he's all powerful, he didn't need an agent in order to create.... why did he need Christ, all things were created through Him and For Him. Without Christ nothing was made. So why didn't God all Powerful just went ahead to create all things without Christ? So Christ is the source, originator of creation, so without Christ God couldn't have created, because Jesus was the Word of God and by the Word of God all things came into being, and God said, what did God speak? He spoke the Word, and by the Word all things were created, Your word stupid pagan is not different from you, that is why you also be judged according to your words..... grin grin grin.. you are so silly, NWT is the perverted translation

See you pagans you believe there are two gods grin grin grin grin.. small God and big God and you call yourself a Monotheist...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 2:04pm On Dec 10, 2018
xaggar:

Na me say make you na sabi English? Continue waiting for from and by meaning.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 2:16pm On Dec 10, 2018
zodiakzax:
grin grin grin grin grin..I did reply.. you were so quick to finalise your points without waiting for my reply.. I did same so you can kindly go back and read.....

Drop the link because I never saw any reply in my notifications

So the question is, How come the Father is not One Lord ?? undecided undecided There many gods and lords but unto us there's but One God and One Lord... whose Lord is Jesus? The Father? Whose God is Jesus? The Father? The Father acknowledges Jesus as Lord. But Yahweh said beside me there's no Lord.. which you were here shouting theres no Lord beside Yahweh, so Yahweh Aknowledges Jesus to be the Lord....if not so how come Jesus is the One Lord? Surely if the Father was one Lord, Pual would have said but unto us there's One God and One Lord the Father.. undecided undecided..he didn't say that...

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Ephesians 4:4‭-‬6 KJV

There's One Spirit, One Lord, One God,the Father.... trinity grin grin can you see it now? The Father is not the One Lord...

Unto us and the apostles.... grin grin grin grin..where does it say ..and the apostles? cheesy grin cheesy cheesy...you see how you add to scripture? Idiot.... was Thomas not an Apostle? Why did he call Jesus My God? grin grin grin grin

The issue here is who is the one God ?

Trinitarians say the one God is composed of Father , son and holy spirit . BUT CHECKING the Bible, what do we find ?

One God, the Father.
One God, the Father
One God, the Father - 1 Cor 8:6

I love that Ephesians as it specifically said the One God is also the Father of all .

That excludes Jesus from been part of God as Trinity says.

The one God is composed of THE FATHER alone.

Comprehende?

grin grin grin grin..well that's all you can say... perverted grin grin grin grin grin... well any version that doesnt support your stupid claim you call perverted.. grin grin grin grin grin... go to the Greek dictionary and type Arche and see the meaning.... If Jesus is not the source if Gods creation why did God Almighty create all things by means of Christ? After all he's all powerful, he didn't need an agent in order to create.... why did he need Christ, all things were created through Him and For Him. Without Christ nothing was made. So why didn't God all Powerful just went ahead to create all things without Christ? So Christ is the source, originator of creation, so without Christ God couldn't have created, because Jesus was the Word of God and by the Word of God all things came into being, and God said, what did God speak? He spoke the Word, and by the Word all things were created, Your word stupid pagan is not different from you, that is why you also be judged according to your words..... grin grin grin.. you are so silly, NWT is the perverted translation

See you pagans you believe there are two gods grin grin grin grin.. small God and big God and you call yourself a Monotheist...

arche mean beginning in that context.

You failed woefully above . Source means The place or person FROM which something originates.

1 Cor 8:6 Said all things came FROM, FROM , FROM the Father. ( From indicates source )

But speaking of Jesus it says " Through whom" .

Jesus is not the source!!! Swallow your pride

Jesus is the beginning of the creation of God. Clearly he was created.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 2:16pm On Dec 10, 2018
Barristter07:

Your choice.

So using a phrase from a verse to justify your doctrine is now the norm abi? The other phrases are not important.

All your shallow reasoning is because you are convinced Jesus came invisibly in 1914 and chose watchtower organization as his one true religion because watchtower leaders told you so right?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2018
zodiakzax:

By: identifying the agent performing an action

From:indicating the point in time at which a particular process, event, or activity starts.

Can we go on please. Your next question..

The bold is the source, so according to 1 Cor 8:6 .. Who is the source or From whom ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2018
Barristter07:

Drop the link because I never saw any reply in my notifications

The issue here is who is the one God ?

Trinitarians say the one God is composed of Father , son and holy spirit . BUT CHECKING the Bible, what do we find ?

One God, the Father.
One God, the Father
One God, the Father - 1 Cor 8:6

I love that Ephesians as it specifically said the One God is also the Father of all .

That excludes Jesus from been part of God as Trinity says.

The one God is composed of THE FATHER alone.

Comprehende?

arche mean beginning in that context.

You failed woefully above . Source means The place or person FROM which something originates.

1 Cor 8:6 Said all things came FROM, FROM , FROM the Father. ( From indicates source )

But speaking of Jesus it says " Through whom" .

Jesus is not the source!!! Swallow your pride

Jesus is the beginning of the creation of God. Clearly he was created.
The issue is who is the one Lord? From your reasoning the father can't be one Lord.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2018
Barristter07:

The bold is the source, so according to 1 Cor 8:6 .. Who is the source or From whom ?

Who is the creator?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 2:20pm On Dec 10, 2018
Barristter07:

If father is the source then father can't be creator. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 10, 2018
zodiakzax:

Brocab, this guy doesn't know anything about the scriptures, he's using his own imagination like the way he was taught as A Muslim, can't you see it's so obvious that He doesn't even know that Jesus didn't talk about any group in the Bible? Anytime scripture is used against him he dodges and start saying silly things instead of proving to us we are wrong... he's a joke.. pagan boy...little demon with a fork... grin grin
Dear Daddy G.O,Father,Reverend,Pastor,Most Sn Apostle,Prophet,Dr zodiakzax all protocols duly observed Sir. You're 100% correct Sir, truthfully speaking i don't know anything about Christianity but i want to know, that's why i wish to SEE those practicing Christianity in the right sense so as to learn the practical applications of Christianity from them,since you people are always contradicting yourselves. But since i can only see Jehovah's Witnesses,activities coupled with their fine conducts and respectful approach,don't worry anymore i'll conclude that they're the one and only Christian GROUP today! Romans 10:13-15 God bless you Sir wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Help From Above" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 239
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.