Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,410 members, 7,864,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:47 AM

Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN (39543 Views)

Police Station At Ariara International Market Aba On Fire / Niger Delta Group Vows To Bomb NNPC Towers If Patience Jonathan Is Arrested / Buhari Receives South-East Group For Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by Adedolapo1406(m): 11:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
I don't blame those guys rather blame our Machiavellian leaders who are selfish and never see reason to say the truth and stand for that which is just. if it is Almighty God wish for us to go our separate ways, who are mere mortals?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 08, 2015
mayorkyzo:
What I don't understand yet is that why do they keep claiming south-south...even the kwale's and anioma's in delta state don't want them...leave delta state and all other south-south and face your 5eastern states...
Protest has taken place in all Biafra land which include Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Anambra, Enugu, IMO, Abia, Ebonyi and 188 countries around the world. Yoruba man stop speaking for SS people they have spoken by joining the protest, referendum will decide whether they will join or not.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by wiseoneking: 11:04pm On Nov 08, 2015
salisy:
Good!!! This is a welcome development, intensify your crusade and struggle, we want you out of our Nigeria asap.
Advice: be peaceful in your hustles

Baba Buhari grant them Biafra, we are tired of their rants and cries
and you little lazy thing will sit down cowering like a coward why the brave ones displays their greatness. Sorry for you
Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by Unitedabby(m): 11:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
EasternLion:

Group marches in Aba, vows to shut down city Monday

Members of Indigenous People of Bi­afra (IPOB) on yesterday protested round the major streets of Aba, the commercial hub of Abia State over the continued detention of their leader, Nnamdi Kanu of the Radio Bi­afra fame with a vow to shot down the city on Monday. This was in de­fiance of the warning of the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase for the group to discon­tinue its violent protests across the South East.

The IGP had in a statement issued through the Spokes­person of the force, Olabisi Kolawole warned that the group should stop its protest as information suggested that members of IPOB were plan­ning to use dangerous weap­ons during its protest in some of the southeast states of the country.

The protest which started as early as 7.00am saw mem­bers of IPOB march peace­fully through the streets of Aba in their thousands, carrying Biafran flags, flex bearing the image of their detained leader and chanting solidarity songs.

They also carried placards some of which called on the Federal Government and other International bodies to come to their assistance in order to help them achieve a sovereign state of Biafra and the release of their leader, Kanu.

Sunday Sun gathered that as early as 7am the pro­testers had assembled at a location near Ariaria Inter­national market where they were at initial stage pre­vented from taking off by a combined team of Police and other security agencies.

However, between 11am and 12noon, members of IPOB re-grouped and went round Ariaria International market with a bell warning that the market would close for business on Monday for a proposed mega rally, stress­ing that anybody that would defy the order would be seen as anti Biafra.

After beating the security web, the group around noon took off from a different lo­cation to match along major streets of Aba, including Faulks road, Aba-Owerri, Aba-Ikot Ekpene among oth­er places, causing gridlock.

The group before heading back to town made a stop­over in front of the office of the Nigerian Television Authority, NTA channel 6 Aba, located along the Aba- Ikot Ekpenne road. They were however prevented by the police to get close to the gate of the national televi­sion where they had wanted to voice out reasons for their peaceful protest.

Some of the protesters who spoke to our reporter said that they decided to em­bark on the protest as a mark of respect for their leader, Kanu who they said has been incarcerated by the federal government and was refused to be granted bail despite the peaceful path that he (Kanu) and other members of the group have chosen to let the world know the level of marginalization and dehu­manization the southeast and south-south states have suf­fered even when they were the gooses that lay the eggs other parts of the country are enjoying today.

“Look at the deplorable nature of our roads. Water in the south-south especially the oil producing states and communities have been pol­luted. Are we talking about gas flaring that is going on in these states? Farmers are not planting again because their farmlands are no longer pro­ducing. Poverty is eating up the people whose resources is being used to sustain the economy of the country.

“We have said it and we are going to continue saying it that we are tired of being part of the country called Ni­geria where things go wrong and when you ask questions, people will call for your head. This is just the beginning of the struggle and we shall con­tinue to push further until our leader (Kanu) is released and until the dream of our fore­fathers for the actualization and realization of a sovereign state of Biafra is realised. It is not going to come through a violent means, but a non-violent one; our forefathers have fought the war that we are supposed to fight, so any person thinking that Biafra is going to come through violent means is just wasting his or her precious time”, one of the protesters said.

Soldiers and policemen were stationed at strategy lo­cations of the city, but it was not clear whether there was any clash between the secu­rity agents and the protesters.

Abia State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO DSP Ezekiel Udeviotu Onyeke could not be reached for com­ments, but a senior police of­ficer who wouldn’t want to be named said the presence of the police was to forestall any possible breakdown of law and order in the city.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/biafra-protest-rages-in-south-east/

Cc: Lalasticlala, u sure say dem fit shut down Aba? wink smiley
this diafra oh sory biafra nonsense have got to stop. #WTF

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by gretblue: 11:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
Wetin concern me.Biafra soldiers will kill Biafra civilians tomorrow when other regions will be at work on Monday morning.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by IYANGBALI: 11:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
VickyRotex:

Na only rape you sabi for your life.

Oshissskoooo!!! angry
you be virgin?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by Horlufemi(m): 11:12pm On Nov 08, 2015
macfarland:
The government of Buhari is really a bad one. In d last election campaigns, GEJ spoke in Lagos about three things this last presidential election was about. One of them was a choice between going back to d old sorry days of military autocracy and a future filled with great possibilities. For just hating GEJ from a minority, the Yorubas joined Hausa Fulani people to enthrone a bigot like Buhari in power. What u are seeing today is just part of the result of having such a man there.... From Biafra things to all these agitation here and there. Tribunal upturn elections to favour Buhari and all worth not. But a day of reckoning must certainly come. Buhari keep implanting ur Muslim and Northern brothers in power as it was d case during d military. The southeast must remain ur conquered people... South South ur downtrodden but be sure it won't last forever.

Has any body from south west ever said they hate gej? Your fallacy ehn....thick well well.

Yoruba's stood for good governance nothing more nothing less.

Before you insult me.

Think about what I just said.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by Unitedabby(m): 11:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
Rayhut:

Protest has taken place in all Biafra land which include Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Anambra, Enugu, IMO, Abia, Ebonyi and 188 countries around the world. Yoruba man stop speaking for SS people they have spoken by joining the protest, referendum will decide whether they will join or not.
yan yan yan yan...you are such a kunt!instead of clamouring for peace and unity,all that the black race does is take to violence...grow up y'll ok?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by Menace2Society(m): 11:14pm On Nov 08, 2015
ERAKAMUS:
I AM YORUBA

BUT,

THE ZOO MUST FALL,

FOOL.ANIS SHOULD CONTINUE TO RULE THEMSELVES.
U be IBO stop clowning around the forum grin your poor upbringing clearly gave u out

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by wiseoneking: 11:15pm On Nov 08, 2015
TimeManager:
For the umpteenth time,the unity of this country is non-negotiable.its quite obvious that the intensity of the recent agitation for biafra is nothing but sheer greed.the last six years the SEners were at the forefront in the scheme of things in the national affairs and control of state resources.six months ago there was change of power and the SE feels things are no longer at ease,even when it was glarring that biafra is pro-pdp.they came out en masse and voted for pdp. In their own dilusional state of mind,anyone pro-apc is nothing but an infidel,hence their miscalculation backfired& came to them like a big shock.the whole world can see their intention of recent is not genuine while the FG is doing just about enough to placate them.Once again our unity is sancrosant! Deal with it or die with it! No lie only truth!
you are like, we nigerians cant do without biafrans. Are they actually the heart beat of Naija. We are like begging them.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by VickyRotex(f): 11:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
IYANGBALI:
you be virgin?

Haaa!!!

You well so? cheesy
Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by wiseoneking: 11:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
BrownRoof:
I pray that the good Lord will grant ibo their Biafra, I just can't wait for these poverty plagued second class citizens to leave. They are just too arrogant and greedy even though they are benefiting most from the 'one Nigeria'.
I will advice them to plan their secession plans very well by not forcefully joining all the south south states into their Biafra, they should first seek for their consent before joining them. However, everyone knows that a Biafra without any of the south south state included is going to be a total disaster.
dont be fooled again, do you think SS will ever say yeah to almagiri and amala. Just check that in your heart.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by Amack(m): 11:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
I love the way Yoruba's show us soo much hatred and this is what we will always remember that the yurobas hate us with soo much passion because we're hard working and successful. They have try every means to be like us but no way. Today there men and women don't full the Street to hustle drug but they can't mastermind the business as we do. Igbo kwenu.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by IlekeHD: 11:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
Ate247:
u would suffer. ur country would den be like sudan. so dnt pray 4 such.

Let us worry about that. Carry your loads and go grin
Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by IlekeHD: 11:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
Awoofawo:
[size=18pt]Just blow up all the bridges linking S.East the rest of country and let hear word jare. Stop all there noise pollutions[/size] cool

Yes o!!!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by IlekeHD: 11:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
Franklyly:
They said Biafra only exists online and that
Nnamdi kanu is chilling off in Uk, back to
back protests for 3 days now in diff cities
of Biafra land, who is still doubting our
resolve ?

We are. how can you be shouting biafra and not be moving back to biafrland?

God punish una if you don't start moving soon grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by Abagworo(m): 11:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
Please Ndi Aba don't close down your business for PDP politicians. They already have means of takung care of their families while they want you to shut down yours.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by Horlufemi(m): 11:49pm On Nov 08, 2015
May 29

All I see is a delayed post election violence.

Is it coincidental that calls for Biafra started when PDP lost?

All I was hearing was before May 29 was GeJ till 2019 now its Biafra.

8 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by hansad: 11:50pm On Nov 08, 2015
Ate247:
u would suffer. ur country would den be like sudan. so dnt pray 4 such.

Listen Fearmonger,

Biafra can never be like South Sudan. It shall be a Biafra where Resourse Control reigns, a Biafra of fiscal federalism. A Biafra where oil proceeds shall not go to develop Abakaliki or Nsukka while Yenagoa, Portharcourt or Oron remains impoverished and wrecked by pollution - as it is with Nigeria.

Payment for oil pollution in any country depends on who is in power in the country. While a foreign oil company pays peanuts for pollution in the Nigerdelta - because Arewa controllers of Nigeria do not care - the same foreign company must be forced to pay billions of Dollars for similar pollution in another foreign country where the government cares for the areas polluted.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by Abagworo(m): 11:52pm On Nov 08, 2015
Horlufemi:
May 29
Nothing more than that.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by kraftsta(m): 11:53pm On Nov 08, 2015
tucky200:
Just can't wait for this to get real bloody,so this guys would learn a second lesson

Sincerely from my observation, U need to be recycled maybe into tiSsue paper or sumthing more useful...

1 Like

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 08, 2015
tucky200:
Just can't wait for this to get real bloody,so this guys would learn a second lesson

Ok...but not until it takes your own head and the head of some of your family members.

@topic....I ike the momentum this thing is gathering. This was how it started in Libya. What happened to Gaddafi will be a joke compared to what will happen to the Daura Dullád
Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by Ahmedhussain3463: 11:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
Pls count my precious edo state out of ur biafra o|we r ok wit nigeria and wnt to remain wit dem forever|one nigeria dream hit like if u believe|

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by hansad: 11:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
Horlufemi:
May 29

Be informed:
Agitation for new Biafra started under Obasanjo administration between 1999 t0 2007. Throughout Biafra land then, flags of Biafra were hung in the tallest of trees, ontop of NEPA poles where no soldier would dare go to remove them. Biafra coins and notes were printed then, march for Biafra was everywhere then. It subsided during the administration of late Yar'Adua and started again under GEJ. Stop insinuating falsehood.

Better face those who want to ruke you with sharia criminal laws under one Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by AkwaIbomrep1: 12:01am On Nov 09, 2015
pharaoh let my ppl go , nigeria, let Biafra go .....pharaoh let my ppl go jehovah lord is calling them allow them go to their promise land ,pharaoh let my ppl go , nigeria let Biafra go ....last warning! #VisitAkwaibom

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by hansad: 12:02am On Nov 09, 2015
Horlufemi:

Has any body from south west ever said they hate gej? Your fallacy ehn....thick well well.

Yoruba's stood for good governance nothing more nothing less.

Before you insult me.

Think about what I just said.

Lol,

Who renamed Goodluck Jonathan as clueless? It is the people of southwest.

Who renamed Goodluck Jonathan as Ogogoro man? It is the people of southwest.

Who renamed Goodluck Jonathan the most inept president? It is the people of southwest.

How else do you define hate for Jonathan as was demonstrated by people of the southwest?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by prof12(m): 12:04am On Nov 09, 2015
ERAKAMUS:
I AM YORUBA

BUT,

THE ZOO MUST FALL

FOOL.ANIS SHOULD CONTINUE TO RULE THEMSELVES.

You are the most clueless and stupid Yoruba person I have ever come across.
I doubt if you are really Yoruba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by kraftsta(m): 12:08am On Nov 09, 2015
xtervaganza:
Noisemakers

They will soon start running helter-skelter once our police and army start using them as target practice

Sincerely from my observation, U need to be recycled maybe into tiSsue paper or sumthing more useful...asap

1 Like

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by Iwonimi(m): 12:10am On Nov 09, 2015
U people have once betray our trust in the 1st republic . When ZIK join wit Fulanis to conquer Awolowo. I pray u gat ur biafra and let us see wat will come out it. All hail Biafra
macfarland:
The government of Buhari is really a bad one. In d last election campaigns, GEJ spoke in Lagos about three things this last presidential election was about. One of them was a choice between going back to d old sorry days of military autocracy and a future filled with great possibilities. For just hating GEJ from a minority, the Yorubas joined Hausa Fulani people to enthrone a bigot like Buhari in power. What u are seeing today is just part of the result of having such a man there.... From Biafra things to all these agitation here and there. Tribunal upturn elections to favour Buhari and all worth not. But a day of reckoning must certainly come. Buhari keep implanting ur Muslim and Northern brothers in power as it was d case during d military. The southeast must remain ur conquered people... South South ur downtrodden but be sure it won't last forever.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 09, 2015
BrownRoof:
I pray that the good Lord will grant ibo their Biafra, I just can't wait for these poverty plagued second class citizens to leave. They are just too arrogant and greedy even though they are benefiting most from the 'one Nigeria'.
I will advice them to plan their secession plans very well by not forcefully joining all the south south states into their Biafra, they should first seek for their consent before joining them. However, everyone knows that a Biafra without any of the south south state included is going to be a total disaster.

Bastard
Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by chinedu1nig(m): 12:11am On Nov 09, 2015
i play pity to this biafra miscreants, some set of disdained fellow who are yet to appreciate their local value... they better don't pray for what will befall them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Protest Rages In South East, Group Vows To Shut Down Aba on Monday - SUN by t2luv1: 12:11am On Nov 09, 2015
Omololu007:
these one is already scared of biafra grin...you ibos will soon achieve your biafra,with your 5 south eastern state

They aren' going no where. They can shout all they want. I dont think they have told their people in Festac/Amuwo Odofin area what deal is. They may have to abandon their million naira houses and investment for the good of Biafria. They are just a bunch of noisey neighbours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos: Bola Tinubu And El-rufai In Kaduna / Governor Wike And His Son Playing Golf At Pleasure Park (photos) / Ekiti Election: Voters Receive Cash, Gifts From Politicians - The Nation (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.