Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,552 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? (30745 Views)

I Caught My Husband Sucking My Niece’s Breast, Sleeping With Our Maid -wife / Barren Woman Displaced By 14-year Old House Maid From Her Home / Pictures Of Lady Who Brought Her Maid To Fan Her In Salon Go Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by JayJustus(m): 4:08am On Nov 10, 2015
ITbomb:
Women and wahala
You can stay with a guy for years no issue but once a woman enters wahala burst.

From experience, whenever a maid is getting stubborn, it means someone is getting laid

you are a legend...see as you take summarize the whole bullshyte...hahahahaha
Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by newguy1(m): 4:33am On Nov 10, 2015
How do I get her go? I don't like her one bit. She just basically work for the brother and his wife. I can't even send he to buy me matches. She calls me by name, would not greet. My guy told her to stop all these things, she still didn't listen. Please. [/quote] the solution to your delima is with the wife of ur guy brother b friendly with her, explain the situation to r n try to make r fix it for u.

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by Gboliwe: 4:58am On Nov 10, 2015
Has any poster told ima30 the OP that she sounds like a troublesome woman yet? I read her post and that's the impression I got.

angry angry cry embarassed

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by Gboliwe: 5:03am On Nov 10, 2015
malton:
Firstly, you should approach her, bring up gist a couple of times and watch her reaction. Im guessing is just a lack of communication, maybe she isn't much or a talker. Nothing more.
But if its affirmed that it's you she doesn't like, then get your bf to talk his brother into sacking her. Sack her! Your brother in law being a married man himself, should understand you guy's concerns.
Do this, otherwise, she will dent your image before his family as she doesn't like you.
And if your brother in law refuses, it will only mean that he has a thing for her hidden somewhere...
No sane person will sacrifice family over some maid he isn't even sure where her loyalty lies.

Nna! Odiegwu really! May I never cross paths with people like you offline.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by Gboliwe: 5:09am On Nov 10, 2015
TDstarr:
SORRY TO SAY BUT YOU SEEM LIKE A TROUBLE MAKER I KNEW WHEN YOU SAID YOUR GUY DOES NOT DO ANYTHING WITHOUT HIS ELDER BROTHERS KNOWING I SEE NOTHING WRONG THERE... IT'S HIS ELDER BROTHERS UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE THE ONE TO bring TROUBLE IN THE HOUSE AND IT'S NOT YOUR MAID SO FOCUS ON YOUR OWN LIFE... Biko... The way you narrated it... Looks like everything was going smoothly before you came.. Calm down and adapt... A real woman uses wisdom to act

Finally! I get to see someone who see her as troublesome too. With her own fingers she says she shares nothing with others except staircase and backyard yet she will not enjoy her home but will poke nose into another's to look for a maid who has no business with her and to find fault.

5 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by gmoni2(m): 5:24am On Nov 10, 2015
potential maid abuser...

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by cococandy(f): 5:57am On Nov 10, 2015
I'm assuming the maid is an adult.
If she won't greet you first, greet her first and then you can decide she hates you when she doesn't acknowledge your greetings.
Check yourself first. Her attitude towards you maybe because you act condescendingly towards her.

You don't even live there yet and you want her to run errands for you. Bear in mind she has people she's used to working for. You can't just waltz in relatively new and expect her to be all over you especially if running errands for you isn't part of her originally designated responsibilities.

And what's wrong with her calling you by your name? Except she's a kid-mind you its wrong to employ a kid as a maid.
If she's an adult there's nothing bad if she calls you by your name.
Abi you want aunty or madam.
Pls take it easy o.
As far as I can see you don't have any problems. Don't create one for yourself.
What you should be more concerned about is how to work with your fiancé to finish your house and move out within the stipulated time.

4 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by hollowpot15684(m): 6:00am On Nov 10, 2015
I just dislike issues concerning wife and family, the two of them are always complaining.

Instead of focusing on how to get the best from your fiancee and for ur future baby, u dere blabbing bout an ordinary maid who may not even be up to ur standard..
What will her respect get for u in Life, focus on what's necessary not a minor.

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by Pastis: 6:06am On Nov 10, 2015
Oga madam, that maid has been running the show in that family and you just dey come, abeg show her some respect, she deserves it. Believe me, she knows her way around and will make things difficult sorry very difficult for you if you don't reset your malfunctioning ego. Common sense
Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by ShakurM(m): 6:26am On Nov 10, 2015
VivaVivre:
@bolded, who told you so? I know of many cases where ekaete the housemaid became ekaete the housewife. Beware my dear, strange things are happening in this strange world. This op never even marry the said guy, so her chances are truly slim. Perhaps the housemaid is very pretty too, hence the insecurity and desperate need for dominance and superiority.
I agree with you, She should get over her insecurity, the man saw the maid before proposing to her sef ,her focus should being a good lady
Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by ShakurM(m): 6:29am On Nov 10, 2015
searching4loove:
undecided
I HATE NIGERIAN GIRLS. I HATE NIGERIAN WOMEN
sad sad sad sad sad
Ur problem pass Op own undecided

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by wiringdpt(m): 6:32am On Nov 10, 2015
You have issues, she's your brothers maid not a slave.
ima30:
Hello. I have been with my guy for five years now. We are getting married next year. The thing is we are going to live in his family house, with his extended family. I didn't like the idea but I found a way to accept it seeing as its quite comfy and it means we won't have to worry about rent. Its basically a two bedroom apartment. The only thing I share with the rest of the family is back yard and staircase. He said we would do three years while he is building his own house.

His elder brother who is married lives in that same building. It's the maid THEY hired this year to take care of their sick dad, that worries me. The mom is late. She is very disrespectful to me. So many things happen and when he speaks to her about it, she won't bulge. All because it was the elder brother that interviewed her so she doesn't listen to almost anyone else. I spoke to my guy that I would not live with a maid that has not greeted me for almost a year or has no regard for my home or wouldn't obey him. He said he can't tell her to go because she is close to his brother's wife and she takes care of his dad.

This may sound petty but it's serious. All this family house wahala, if I tell him to rent a house he would say I'm not appreciating all his efforts to make sure we marry next year. I did laundry the other day came back and met the clothes soaked on the clothing line with all the rain that fell, meanwhile she brought in every other persons cloth inside. It might not be a big deal, but I don't want to resent any body I live with in my future home.

I need that maid gone, how do I get rid of her? The worst part is that since they all live together, he needs his brother's approval before he does almost anything, if I complain it would seem as if I wanna cause friction between both brothers. But there has been cases where changes were made by his brother and my guy wasn't even consulted. The maid before her was paid by my guy for two years straight, she didn't insult anybody. She left cuz his brother told him to sack her. That their father needed better attention and she wasn't a good cook. Na so my guy sack the girl. No question. They brought this one now and my guy paid for some month's and stopped because she was rude to him and me. His bro has been paying since. But my guy still pays nepa bills and those other things to run the house. Yet when he talks to this maid she won't listen.

How do I get her go? I don't like her one bit. She just basically work for the brother and his wife. I can't even send he to buy me matches. She calls me by name, would not greet. My guy told her to stop all these things, she still didn't listen. Please.
Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by stevocracy88(m): 7:06am On Nov 10, 2015
ima30:
Hello. I have been with my guy for five years now. We are getting married next year. The thing is we are going to live in his family house, with his extended family. I didn't like the idea but I found a way to accept it seeing as its quite comfy and it means we won't have to worry about rent. Its basically a two bedroom apartment. The only thing I share with the rest of the family is back yard and staircase. He said we would do three years while he is building his own house.

His elder brother who is married lives in that same building. It's the maid THEY hired this year to take care of their sick dad, that worries me. The mom is late. She is very disrespectful to me. So many things happen and when he speaks to her about it, she won't bulge. All because it was the elder brother that interviewed her so she doesn't listen to almost anyone else. I spoke to my guy that I would not live with a maid that has not greeted me for almost a year or has no regard for my home or wouldn't obey him. He said he can't tell her to go because she is close to his brother's wife and she takes care of his dad.

This may sound petty but it's serious. All this family house wahala, if I tell him to rent a house he would say I'm not appreciating all his efforts to make sure we marry next year. I did laundry the other day came back and met the clothes soaked on the clothing line with all the rain that fell, meanwhile she brought in every other persons cloth inside. It might not be a big deal, but I don't want to resent any body I live with in my future home.

I need that maid gone, how do I get rid of her? The worst part is that since they all live together, he needs his brother's approval before he does almost anything, if I complain it would seem as if I wanna cause friction between both brothers. But there has been cases where changes were made by his brother and my guy wasn't even consulted. The maid before her was paid by my guy for two years straight, she didn't insult anybody. She left cuz his brother told him to sack her. That their father needed better attention and she wasn't a good cook. Na so my guy sack the girl. No question. They brought this one now and my guy paid for some month's and stopped because she was rude to him and me. His bro has been paying since. But my guy still pays nepa bills and those other things to run the house. Yet when he talks to this maid she won't listen.

How do I get her go? I don't like her one bit. She just basically work for the brother and his wife. I can't even send he to buy me matches. She calls me by name, would not greet. My guy told her to stop all these things, she still didn't listen. Please.
Is this the point where am supposed to ask what you are doing in a guys house when you guys are not yet married?LWKM
Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by jannies: 7:09am On Nov 10, 2015
I don't know what the true story might be, but based on what the Op said, I think there's something up with that maid. For all of you insulting the op and siding the maid would you tell me if that if you have a kid in the house that selects who to greet and who to help you would be comfortable? Let's stop pretending please! The fact that she packs up every one else but that op's clothes on the line shows there's an intentional war. That maid is wrong. You all heard the op say she changed when her husband to be corrected her for something wrong she did and he even had to stop paying her salary. To me, that was where they should have sent her out of that house, whether maid or worker in the office, we must be subject to authorities above us. @ Op your husband to be is in a better position to cry this out but it seems he's non chalant about this, my opinion is you get a maid for your self if you need one once you get married, you can't even risk leaving your kid running around d house with that maid when you step out if she couldn't pack your mere clothes from the rain. Staying in a family house and with in laws might not be as easy as you think, and you might stay longer than 3 years there too. My advice is you need to learn to be patient and tolerant and prayerful too. this is just a maid issue u noticing. What if his brother, wife or dad starts their own issues when you move in? Trust me you must experience some issues like that in marriage. You have a shop running thank God for that please get prepared to get more busy with it, and pray you have your kids on time to keep you more busy! God bless your union

7 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by khalids: 7:11am On Nov 10, 2015
Hello Pips, Ever since Linda Ikeji showed us the benefits of her blogging, everyone I know now wants to open a blog.
Na wa for people with copy and paste mentality.

Anyways this fellow in my office open his own "Block" (this is no error or typo) grin.
I don tell the guy make him learn to spell first before opening any blog.

Anyways see the blog link below feel free to bash him or encourage him (all na traffic)

http://davisonplat..com.ng/

You might also get some good sports prediction for all you sports betting lovers. Note, me don loose over 3k on this bros prediction ooo cry
Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by tonyobj(m): 7:20am On Nov 10, 2015
Why come to lament on Nairaland? Show him how serious you are by packing all your belongings out of his house. Must he be the one you get married to? Don't you have a family of your own in the same state? Any time he wants to see you then he should come look for you at your place.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by shogz89: 7:22am On Nov 10, 2015
jannies:
I don't know what the true story might be, but based on what the Op said, I think there's something up with that maid. For all of you insulting the op and siding the maid would you tell me if that if you have a kid in the house that selects who to greet and who to help you would be comfortable? Let's stop pretending please! The fact that she packs up every one else but that op's clothes on the line shows there's an intentional war. That maid is wrong. You all heard the op say she changed when her husband to be corrected her for something wrong she did and he even had to stop paying her salary. To me, that was where they should have sent her out of that house, whether maid or worker in the office, we must be subject to authorities above us. @ Op your husband to be is in a better position to cry this out but it seems he's non chalant about this, my opinion is you get a maid for your self if you need one once you get married, you can't even risk leaving your kid running around d house with that maid when you step out if she couldn't pack your mere clothes from the rain. Staying in a family house and with in laws might not be as easy as you think, and you might stay longer than 3 years there too. My advice is you need to learn to be patient and tolerant and prayerful too. this is just a maid issue u noticing. What if his brother, wife or dad starts their own issues when you move in? Trust me you must experience some issues like that in marriage. You have a shop running thank God for that please get prepared to get more busy with it, and pray you have your kids on time to keep you more busy! God bless your union

you are just assuming.. Do you know the age of the op and the maid.. The maid could be older than the op, but just because she's a maid she wants aunty or madam added to her name and she's not am authority above the maid. Or does she pay her salary.. She's a girl friend a visitor in that house as far as am concerned until she's married
Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by pomsky: 7:29am On Nov 10, 2015
searching4loove:
undecided
I HATE NIGERIAN GIRLS. I HATE NIGERIAN WOMEN
sad sad sad sad sad

[size=14pt]......dats why you'll keep searching for love........you're hating tooo much![/size] undecided
Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by Osunfeyijimi(f): 7:31am On Nov 10, 2015
malton:
Firstly, you should approach her, bring up gist a couple of times and watch her reaction. Im guessing is just a lack of communication, maybe she isn't much or a talker. Nothing more.
But if its affirmed that it's you she doesn't like, then get your bf to talk his brother into sacking her. Sack her! Your brother in law being a married man himself, should understand you guy's concerns.
Do this, otherwise, she will dent your image before his family as she doesn't like you.
And if your brother in law refuses, it will only mean that he has a thing for her hidden somewhere...
No sane person will sacrifice family over some maid he isn't even sure where her loyalty lies.
the first person to advise correctly and wisely
Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by mentorandfriend(m): 7:34am On Nov 10, 2015
jannies:

You spoke my mind. Insurbodination is as deadly as witchcraft. She selects who to greet and who to help bring in dried clothes for; and she knows its a family house. We should condemn this attitude joor.

I wont be surprised if the elder brother is getting laid by her.

Whenever a maid begins to act this way, an authority figure is getting laid.

4 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by nkyblast(f): 7:35am On Nov 10, 2015
My advice pay less attention to he,pretend as if she doesn't exist,try as much as u can to do things urself avoid and communication and contact wit her,and say nothing to any1 who comes to tell u about her,cos it is ur house,solider come solider go Barack remains,dnt send her on errands,try and things urself cos d insult will be more wen u gv her attention or room to do so pretend as if she doesn't live dre always be in ur room and attend to ur father in law and hubby.

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 10, 2015
ima30:

The house maid won't be ur only problem.

1 room apartment for a new couple is better than sharing a 30 room mansion with ur in laws.

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by jannies: 7:39am On Nov 10, 2015
shogz89:
you are just assuming.. Do you know the age of the op and the maid.. The maid could be older than the op, but just because she's a maid she wants aunty or madam added to her name and she's not am authority above the maid. Or does she pay her salary.. She's a girl friend a visitor in that house as far as am concerned until she's married

Learn to read in between d lines,why don't you think you are the one assuming? moreso are you telling me if you have a boss in the office who u senior to you won't greet him or her? Or is it all bosses who pay their staff directly from their pockets? And did you hear the maid disrespected her fiance too? Why wouldn't she raise an alarm in a house she's going to be married into? What was the maids excuse for leaving her clothes outside and packing everyone else's? How did she have the time to even select them? I have stayed in a compound where I have had to pack in all clothes on the line before the rain and had to knock on doors later on for people to sort out theirs not to talk of a house where it's just a family c'mmon!

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by CravingChic: 7:39am On Nov 10, 2015
Girl you have much more problems oo....you aren't even recognised in that household as a married wife and you are dragging respect from a maid. Set your priorities right and let sleeping dogs lie.
Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by ima30: 7:39am On Nov 10, 2015
tonyobj:
Why come to lament on Nairaland? Show him how serious you are by packing all your belongings out of his house. Must he be the one you get married to? Don't you have a family of your own in the same state? Any time he wants to see you then he should come look for you at your place.

I don't live in the house dear. I only visit. Thanks for your advice.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by jannies: 7:43am On Nov 10, 2015
mentorandfriend:
You spoke my mind. Insurbodination is as deadly as witchcraft. She selects who to greet and who to help bring in dried clothes for; and she knows its a family house. We should condemn this attitude joor.

I wont be surprised if the elder brother is getting laid by her.

Whenever a maid begins to act this way, an authority figure is getting laid.

I'm telling you! Nigerians have to be real! There are so many people even ladies who have commented condemning the Op, who would have dealt with that maid or even worked out schemes to send her out if they where in the op's shoes let's stop this pretence ibeg. That maid had got her guts from where I don't know, but it's abnormal. People talk of a wife to be coming in to cause problems in the house but no one sees the maid who's a stranger as a potential to cause more deadly issues

4 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by ogdada: 7:48am On Nov 10, 2015
Give me ur hubby num,I need to tell him ,he's about to make the biggest mistake of this life getting married to u............................

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by UbiIsaac(m): 7:49am On Nov 10, 2015
I really need to comment even though I came late.

Madam: this a few number of my advice to you.
1. Check your self and attitude towards others, especially those u are somehow more than.(respect is reciprocal)

2. Know that you are not yet married to that man, so be careful before his family will begin to see you like coming to be a bad wife. Remember he has started saying u are u grateful according to your post.
You are suppose to be in your house until u are married legally to him. For now you are cohabiting, which can never gain u the needed respect

3. Get some thing to keep u busy it will save you some headache. some thing like a job or a business.
so that u can also support ur guy financially. if u are already doing that it will be good.

4. Pls be security conscious when u stay around people or person who hates u so that u or your man won't be poisoned and u'll be accused or u die.

let me end here for now, I know this guide and guard will help

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by ima30: 7:52am On Nov 10, 2015
shogz89:

Please, we all work in lenard places. If u start working in a place and you see other old / younger collegues call a person Mrs or miss, you respect your self and call the person miss or Mrs until told otherwise. It doesn't matter who is older. I only visit, I would move in after marriage. I have never asked her to buy anything for me or sent her on an errand. What I won't tolerate in my marriage, I won't tolerate now. I have been with my sales girl for two years. Been with a security guy for three years. I know for a fact that I am not wicked or devilish like you people make it seem. I didn't say I need her to do anything specifically me outside her work duties. But courtesy is needed.
Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by Ograke(m): 7:53am On Nov 10, 2015
sholay2011:
Wow....I am shocked at the comments here. shocked

So, because it wasn't the OP that employed the maid, she doesn't deserve to be respected? And if she gets married and moves in now, and then issues start arising, same OP will be criticised by nairalanders for not sorting the issues out first before getting married into a family home.

And she saying the maid (albeit consciously) refused to pack her clothes from the line does not mean she spreads her cloth on the line for the maid to pack it. Situations arise...you are not around and then a heavy rainfall starts and you hope the maid who I assume is mostly at home may help. It is vexing if she intentionally packs all the clothes on the line and leaves yours. That's just purely being rude. This is not about master-servant respect...the maid even lacks human-to-human respect for her.

OP, your fiance is the problem here in my opinion. If the maid can even be rude to him, dear, your case is no biggie for her.

Nigerians and hypocrisy. As if all the commenters here treat people right in their daily lives. I don't know the OP but let's assume she's even a 'difficult ' person, she rather knows herself and is trying to avoid any cause of ruckus in a fresh marriage just because of a maid.

I don't see why she should be called an evil person by people who lack comprehension.
I'm more shocked than you at the comments on the thread.

Nigerians sha!
Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 10, 2015
ima30:

You have a very big problem

Joblessness and pride

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Terrible Maid? by ogdada: 8:00am On Nov 10, 2015
I will respond to ur post when you are finally married to him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Husband Has Refused To Get Cure For Low-sperm Count - Advice Needed / 2 Missing Kids Found In Kaduna (Photos) / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.