Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? (77343 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Lay The Foundation (only) Of A 3 Bedroom Flat / DIY: Construction Of A 3-bedroom Bungalow [Ikorodu North LGA Isiwu] / What Is The Estimated Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Lugbe? Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Brazilegwu: 7:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
Noble11:
This is mine in my village,it's a six (6) bedroom and parlour with toilet in each room.
I have spent 1.8m already on it..it's remaining on painting and small finishing touches..
So yes depend on your contractor(engineer)and where you are building the house...if it's in the village use local contractors...goodluck
wow nice hause u gat there my broda, peaple way no get even half a million go dey here dey put fear for person body

9 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by talent1: 7:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
Pls how long can 1m go for 3 bedroom flat within a dry land in osun state.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by akudinaobi(m): 7:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
Well planed and managed 2million can start and finish it
But not with an engenieer they will definetly milk you
And if its a swamp zone forget it
The filling may eat up the whole fund thanks
If you are serious
Contact me for consultation and master plan

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Profgilbraltar(m): 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
I am a builder and can certainly tell u dat it depend on a lot of factors such as location,quality of materials to be used and the design of the house.if it is just to build a simple one with Zinc for roofing,excluding d fact that d location is a swampy area,2milion will go along way but not to finish it because u have to also consider workmanship also

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
yinkaoke:
PLS HELP

I discussed this with my oga who intends to build his house in 6 months and he siad he will build with just N2m without the cost of the land but that the rooms will not be of a standard one and the 3 rooms too. i.e portable flats.

Please is it possible and can anyone give us the break down of how this is possible. his land is at Agbara

many thnaks
That is the reason why you have ugly and poor standard buildings everywhere in Nigeria. Ptui!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by MrHighSea: 7:17pm On Nov 13, 2015
too much without expert services.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Exponental(m): 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2015
of course.... he will get it roofed sef.
but he shouldn't expect a finished building just one he can manage in case his landlord is on his neck and he doesn't want to pay rent again.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Jamesmatic(m): 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2015
Yes 4 my villa
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by akeensbussy(m): 7:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
Yes...2Million will finish your house. Agbara is not a swampy area. With the calculation and info I will put up here.

Rooms 11*10 feet's
kitchen 7*7
sitting room 14*12
Toilet/bath 4*6
all ensuits
visitors toilet 4*4

The total block u will use is 2300units of 6" and 200 of 9". the 9" block is for the foundation. That is to round the foundation and use 6" to demarcate it inside.

2300*#100 = #230,000
200*#150=#30,000

one man diseal of sand 25k
one small tipper of stone #22k
20bags of cement * 1500 naira = 22500 naira for a start.
call the brick layer and ask how much they will lay 2500 blocks for you from foundation to linted and at the end of the day the highest u will pay is 100k- 120k.

u will only need to buy another sand 25k and may be 35bags of cement. with this, ur house will reach linted. do the calculation.

with miscellaneous, 500k will take your 3 bed to linted.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by sammychimex(m): 7:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hmmm. 4.5 would do.2million won't finish the roofing. If he wants to be. Sure let him get a quantity surveyor. 2million won't do it except him go do the labour,masonry, carpentry fittings plus mechanical work. Mechanical work alone self go reach 450'to 500 wt borehole. Abi water no go dey d house
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by winetapper: 7:39pm On Nov 13, 2015
dominique:
Which state in the country are you based?

Sure it is possible, if you use substandard materials for the finishing. Foundation alone will send you back over quarter of a million. Building to lintel level will cost almost as much. Roofing and ceiling will definitely cost more than half a million. With your under one million left, you can get cheap tiles, doors, windows, plumbing and electric materials. There are different categories of these items in the market, you can go for the cheapest (though I won't recommend it). Even if you have to add to the initial N2m budget, it won't be up to 200k.

Hmm I thought you are just health prefect grin
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by mustybobo(m): 7:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
3 bedroom flat!
It's possible, buh both d interior n outside will be like dt of a one star hotel...mind yew, yew can still boost of being a landlord
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by tellwisdom: 7:41pm On Nov 13, 2015
Yes, if you are building it for fowls sad

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by solomonsojay(m): 7:41pm On Nov 13, 2015
IT CANT DONT BE DECEIVED... NO MATTER D LOCATION AS BUILDING MATERIALS IS ALMOST SAME EVERYWHERE IN NAIJA...ROOFING ALONG TAKES 600-800K DEN TRY WORKMANSHIP WILL COST NOTHING LESS DAN 250k now block 3000x140………gravel...sand...literate... cement 160 x 1400...pls thing well...
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Alphaoscar: 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
yinkaoke:
PLS HELP

I discussed this with my oga who intends to build his house in 6 months and he siad he will build with just N2m without the cost of the land but that the rooms will not be of a standard one and the 3 rooms too. i.e portable flats.

Please is it possible and can anyone give us the break down of how this is possible. his land is at Agbara

many thnaks

95% of those commenting on this thread never buy land talkless of having any knowledge of building a house.

it actually depend on a lot of factors but trust me if your boss can be able to fully monitor the project and disbursement of the fund it should be enough to complete a modest 3 bedroom flat.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Ezedon(m): 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2015
it will only be possible if the house will not have foundation

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Plus234(m): 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
Noble11:
This is mine in my village,it's a six (6) bedroom and parlour with toilet in each room.
I have spent 1.8m already on it..it's remaining on painting and small finishing touches..
So yes depend on your contractor(engineer)and where you are building the house...if it's in the village use local contractors...goodluck

My mother is my site supervisor..she locks every material in our old house and put the key in her central bank..you must confirm that the old materials has finished before you get a new one...no wastage...she really helped me...coz hustle for this side I dey no easy atall..lol

This house fine, are u the same noble from unite26 side, parcelle ?
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by DAPMAN601: 7:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
u will need to employ some very prudent measures to do this, U can run away with it in Ibadan..but in Lagos? ask ur Oga to confirm the foundation type done in the area first before concluding. If u need an Engineer for design and construction.. contact me.08132409600, 08093063613
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by General2COAS(m): 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
Following professional standards, the truth has to be said depending on factors and quality as others have mentioned, it can take u to a certain level.
Unless u dont have future considerations.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by bettercreature(m): 7:56pm On Nov 13, 2015
dovie002:
No no no!
I can build 3 bedroom with 2 million,it depends on location and the land
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Sunny4Gold: 7:56pm On Nov 13, 2015
yinkaoke:
PLS HELP

many thnaks
I will say yes, but it will depend on the type of roofing. He cannot use aluminum because that will be more money. Between N600 to N700 will build the house to roofing level, area boys (omo onile) money included. I put that @N50k. If you use slate for the roofing, materials and workmanship will be between 300k to 360k. The rest money will be for plastering, window, electrical, plumbing etc. The answer is yes. Lastly, your boss will need to monitor the work by himself. Talking from experience
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Alphaoscar: 7:58pm On Nov 13, 2015
Noble11:

My mother is my site supervisor..she locks every material in our old house and put the key in her central bank..you must confirm that the old materials has finished before you get a new one...no wastage...she really helped me...coz hustle for this side I dey no easy atall..lol

Thank you for this. 90% of those commenting here don't even know correct measurement for land talkless of buying one.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:59pm On Nov 13, 2015
As a builder which I recently completed a 3bedroom flat......... there re things u need to consider
1 d area
2 topography
3 materials to b used and so on

3000 blocks
120 bags of cement
300k for d roof carcass
If it is aluminum roof 400k
Tiles
Security door and so on
2m is not gonna complete it but wl go a long way
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:01pm On Nov 13, 2015
NinaTohBadt:
grin yes
But you're laughing grin
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
omooba969:
Impossican't !
U go do electricals na;
U go do plumbing na;
U go plaster d house na;
U go do soak-away na or na inside bush u wan dey go shiit;
U go do bore-hole na or u wan go dey fetch water frm stream grin
U fit no do fence, na u sabi;
Gate nko, wen fence no dey why u go need gate sef cheesy
Na firewood u wan dey assemble for kitchen?
U go need doors, burglary proof, windows;
If u like u fit no put tiles or carpet sef, na u sabi;
U go pay labourers na.
cool
Rotf..
Chaiiiiiiiiii
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Noble11(m): 8:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
Plus234:

This house fine, are u the same noble from unite26 side, parcelle ?
No sir
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by akeensbussy(m): 8:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
Yes...2Million will finish your house. Agbara is not a swampy area. With the calculation and info I will put up here.
Rooms 11*10 feet's
kitchen 7*7
sitting room 14*12
Toilet/bath 4*6
all ensuits
visitors toilet 4*4
The total block u will use is 2300units of 6" and 200 of 9". the 9" block is for the foundation. That is to round the foundation and use 6" to demarcate it inside.
2300*#100 = #230,000
200*#150=#30,000
one man diseal of sand 25k
one small tipper of stone #22k
20bags of cement * 1500 naira = 22500 naira for a start.
call the brick layer and ask how much they will lay 2500 blocks for you from foundation to linted and at the end of the day the highest u will pay is 100k- 120k.
u will only need to buy another sand 25k and may be 35bags of cement. with this, ur house will reach linted. do the calculation.
with miscellaneous, 500k will take your 3 bed to linted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Vixen101(f): 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
No, not even in a rural area.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
you should have some change left if it's on the Island lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by fm7070: 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
Excluding the money that omo onile will collect
2m will go a very long way with close supervision
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by primeache: 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2015
yinkaoke:
PLS HELP

many thnaks
listen for your own good! most of those advising you here don't even know what it means to own a piece of land . see! that money will do beyond your expectations, but not necessarily complete it. you have to be careful those you contract to do the works for you. I could remember doing my foundation for 150k of which I would have done for 300k. image the difference ? I that's why you have to get someone trust worthy. well my house is at lintel and I have spent close a million. a word is enough for the wise. between not matter what, start! should you need a breakdown, pm me

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? / Fabrication of Quality Aluminium windows,Railings,Doors Made Easy•Casement••✓ / How To Calculate The Quantity Of Tiles Needed; Selecting Tiles & Types.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.