Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? (77419 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Lay The Foundation (only) Of A 3 Bedroom Flat / DIY: Construction Of A 3-bedroom Bungalow [Ikorodu North LGA Isiwu] / What Is The Estimated Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Lugbe? Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by olumide4christ: 11:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
donaldekechi:
Its very possible . He go even hv change... Bungalow does not require foundation like a storey building.. Get a local architect.. Mould ur own blocks of like 3000bricks cost like 150k-200k once u start it costs less to build to lintel level.. What actually churns ur money is roofing

BROS, PLS STOP DECEIVING PEOPLE!! ALL BUILDINGS REQUIRE FOUNDATION, EVEN A GATEHOUSE REQUIRES FOUNDATION. ANY 'LOCAL ARCHITECT' THAT TELLS ANYBODY THEY CAN BUILD A HOUSE WITHOUT FOUNDATION, MOST LIKELY DID NOT STUDY ARCHITECTURE IN SCHOOL. IF HE DID, THEN HE NEEDS TO BE SENT BACK TO SCHOOL TO REPEAT HIS PROGRAM!

YOU MENTIONED 3000 BLOCKS, WHICH EQUALS JUST 300M2. HOW MANY 3-BEDROOM FLATS WITH TOILETS, PARLOUR, KITCHEN, ETC CONTAIN JUST 300M2 OF BLOCKWORK? I DOUBT IF ANY.

ALSO, YOU CLAIM 3000 BRICKS WILL COST N200K IF THE OP MOULDS BLOCK HIMSELF, THAT GIVES YOU A COST OF N66.67 PER BLOCK. IF BLOCK SUPPLIERS ARE SELLING 9'' BLOCKS IN LAGOS/OGUN ENVIRONS FOR N170-190 PER BLOCK, DOES IT MEAN THE BLOCK MAKERS ARE MAKING OVER N100 GAIN PER BLOCK?? VERY IMPOSSIBLE!!

FURTHER TO THE ABOVE, PLS TRY & DO YOUR RESEARCH WELL OR ASK THOSE WHO KNOW RATHER THAN MISLEADING PEOPLE WITH FALSE INFORMATION!

BTW - I'M A QUANTITY SURVEYOR (CONSTRUCTION ECONOMIST), SO I KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING!

5 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
onatisi:
so what is the point of building a house that will collapse during heavy rainfall.
I guess sarcasm is not your strong point
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by pressplay55: 11:23pm On Nov 13, 2015
damton:
Do you want to build a mud house.
which kind wicked question be this? I don laf tire
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Dolypson04(m): 11:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
yinkaoke:
PLS HELP

I discussed this with my oga who intends to build his house in 6 months and he siad he will build with just N2m without the cost of the land but that the rooms will not be of a standard one and the 3 rooms too. i.e portable flats.

Please is it possible and can anyone give us the break down of how this is possible. his land is at Agbara

many thnaks
What a coincidence! That was the same issue two landlords argued over while I was supervising my aunt's site today. One of them was confident #1.5 m will complete a 3 bedroom flat excluding land purchase. He analyzed and gave the quotation in details. I was convinced by his confidence but not sure if it will truly do without using sub standard materials.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nonywendy(m): 11:56pm On Nov 13, 2015
Funnyguy83:
it can,give me the contract am in anambra
I want to embark on such a project. Pls drop ur number so i contact u. See mine 07030387478. Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by mentain(m): 11:57pm On Nov 13, 2015
ask google
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Obanz2(f): 11:58pm On Nov 13, 2015
Matty33:
This can only be possible in the village where sand n wood are cheap.
very possible u cut ur coat dont buy block mould it a bag of cement will give 45 block buy big 2 truck of sand atleast 4000 buy is okay for foundation. Allumin window has different grade............with d 2m u will dig ur bonhole.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Heymus(m): 12:00am On Nov 14, 2015
Amack:
Depend the state and kind of land. Is it dry land?
yes! Nice comment. @Op, remember you're gonno be spending more as expected if you're to build on raft foundation, but i guess you dont need that on the aforementioned location.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by LBanks(m): 12:09am On Nov 14, 2015
damton:
Do you want to build a mud house.
grin grin grin Guy you wicked oh
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by ekeochaeke: 12:31am On Nov 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Xzevian(m): 12:52am On Nov 14, 2015
observing. ...... Contact us at Paradox Granite Enterprise for ur granite chippings direct frm d source! call or wattsapp 08067748960.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by LOUIS6(m): 12:52am On Nov 14, 2015
akeensbussy:
Yes...2Million will finish your house. Agbara is not a swampy area. With the calculation and info I will put up here.

Rooms 11*10 feet's
kitchen 7*7
sitting room 14*12
Toilet/bath 4*6
all ensuits
visitors toilet 4*4

The total block u will use is 2300units of 6" and 200 of 9". the 9" block is for the foundation. That is to round the foundation and use 6" to demarcate it inside.

2300*#100 = #230,000
200*#150=#30,000

one man diseal of sand 25k
one small tipper of stone #22k
20bags of cement * 1500 naira = 22500 naira for a start.
call the brick layer and ask how much they will lay 2500 blocks for you from foundation to linted and at the end of the day the highest u will pay is 100k- 120k.

u will only need to buy another sand 25k and may be 35bags of cement. with this, ur house will reach linted. do the calculation.

with miscellaneous, 500k will take your 3 bed to linted.

I love d way u gave out d details and analysis..

Pls can u post more details... From linted level to finishing..

Thanks for response..
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nyceguy92: 2:07am On Nov 14, 2015
[quote author=yinkaoke post=39984260]

It may be possible, depending on who and what you use.
I am not a builder but I have assisted at building sites. This is my analysis.

I presume you mean building from foundation up to roofing plus fittings.
You won't be needing an engineer for supervision as I expect a simple, functional house.

You can draw your plan yourself or adapt from an existing one.
Most experienced brick layers read plans and can handle projects of your size comfortably.
Get one and make him your supervisor. You may pay him daily or as agreed.

Digging may cost up to N1000 per 12 feet., depending on location and nature of ground, i.e. wet v dry. Allocate N25, 000 to digging.
Stones: get about 8 trips for foundation, pillars and lintel. This may gulp about N300,000.

You need about 3,5000 4 or 6 inches blocks, depending on room size. You buy or make your blocks.
Between 35 and 38 6-inch blocks per bag of cement is good quality. That is 100 bags.
Add 5 bags for blinding, 15 for block work, 35 for pillars and lintel.
Cement now sells for N1500/bag. Budget N250,000 for cement and N60,000 for block making.

Rods: maximum of 20 pillars using 12 mm rods. About 30 pcs x N1200 = 36,000.
About 40 pcs of 10mm rods for lintel @ N1000 each = N40,000.
Quarter rods and binding wire = N15,000.

Nails: About N4000 -N4500 a bag. Buy 1 for a start.
Planks: Cheaper to do the lintel in 2 bits so you can reuse your planks. Get about 35-40 pcs = N40,000.
Sand: If you buy blocks, budget about 8 trips = N 50,000.
Water: rainy season helps b/cos sand is wet and less water is required. A tanker is about N7500 or N30,000 for 4 trips.

Block work is easy. After the concrete floor, you can hit lintel in 3-4 days using enough workers.
Use direct labour. Depending on location, labourers charge N2000-N2500 daily. They prepare the mortar or concrete and serve the bricklayers.
Bricklayers earn about N1000 higher than labourers. Labour may take about N120,000.

I don't have much experience with roofing, doors and windows, but I know that the cost varies with the quality.
I expect plumbing work to be inexpensive ; same as electrical work.

I have arrived at an estimate of about N980,000 for needed materials to get the building to lintel completed.
Roofing and fixtures my take up the balance of about 1 million naira.
I have not included shovels, wheel barrows, head pans, etc.

Experts in the house, what do you think?

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Dreamflyin(m): 3:56am On Nov 14, 2015
Nigerians are yet to discover how cheaper and better building with stabilised clay bricks is. Are you from Anambra state or have a person you could trust his/her opinion?
Maybe confirmation or negotiation with the builder who did that will convince you.
2.2million is enough to get you a nice looking bungalow.
Check nairaland for info on stabilised clay bricks.
Go on YouTube and goggle.
My cents though.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by ollypass: 4:19am On Nov 14, 2015
find it funny that the seasoned gurus in property section decided to aviod this thread. (ya all know yourselfs)
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by davidayo123: 4:23am On Nov 14, 2015
Only if he can supervise the project him self at least 2m go carry reach 85% stage depeding on your taste.. With 3000blocks. Which is just 300k,he's good to go with 50bags of dangote cement and I heard it's just 1200 or something. Workmansip, sand, water, gravel stone. You will spend like 200k on that. At least you'll sped less 750k to get it b4 roofing level, if you'll be using plank and roofing sheet for the roof, you won't spend up to a million, but if you're using aluminium, you'll spend at least 500k on aluminium. But if na area wey omo onile dey, go find 1m loan down, dem fit no collect am finish sha, cos dem fit dey come everday.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 5:07am On Nov 14, 2015
We had a discussion on this recently here and someone suggested that N2m will build a 4 bedroom house.

I don't think so though but I know you can save a lot of money if you act as General Contractor on your project like I am doing on mine.

Good luck.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 5:07am On Nov 14, 2015
davidayo123:
Only if he can supervise the project him self at least 2m go carry reach 85% stage depeding on your taste.. With 3000blocks. Which is just 300k,he's good to go with 50bags of dangote cement and I heard it's just 1200 or something. Workmansip, sand, water, gravel stone. You will spend like 200k on that. At least you'll sped less 750k to get it b4 roofing level, if you'll be using plank and roofing sheet for the roof, you won't spend up to a million, but if you're using aluminium, you'll spend at least 500k on aluminium. But if na area wey omo onile dey, go find 1m loan down, dem fit no collect am finish sha, cos dem fit dey come everday.

Cement is now N1,200??
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by oluwafemi113(m): 5:24am On Nov 14, 2015
yinkaoke:
PLS HELP

I discussed this with my oga who intends to build his house in 6 months and he siad he will build with just N2m without the cost of the land but that the rooms will not be of a standard one and the 3 rooms too. i.e portable flats.

Please is it possible and can anyone give us the break down of how this is possible. his land is at Agbara

many thnaks
brother is very very possible... talking from experience
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Chukazu: 5:39am On Nov 14, 2015
it's possible, am doing 4bedroom with 2million currently. will share the experience sooner
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by lukma227(m): 5:59am On Nov 14, 2015
yinkaoke:
PLS HELP

many thnaks

My brother it's very possible, let me give u a little rundown, u need like 3000 blocks (9inc exterior &6inc interior), @ 100 each, 150 bags of cement, then ur type of roofing material will determine ur total expense (BTW 300 - 500k depending on taste), electrical installation can't cost more than 250k, doors and windows also depend on taste, 2million can give a decent home, u won't make fence out of diz and POP shd be write off
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by adebaxton(m): 6:12am On Nov 14, 2015
It will only go a long way but not to completion as envisaged.

Contact us for quality and affordable services.

Reach Us: 08058307787
Email: access2m@yahoo.com
access2m@hotmail.com
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by vikkyndu: 6:18am On Nov 14, 2015
This is laughable, cos if you build with 2m your wood work, roofing and ceiling with just consume that....... Meet a professional about this, my advice

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by johnchiii(m): 6:36am On Nov 14, 2015
2 million can go a long way but definitely cant be enough for finishing touches..
3 million ll be enough!
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by akeensbussy(m): 7:03am On Nov 14, 2015
LOUIS6:

I love d way u gave out d details and analysis..
Pls can u post more details... From linted level to finishing..

Thanks for response..

Then for your roofing.. the best plank to use is "igi agbon" palm karnel plank. is the best and cheaper 250naira 2*2, 2*3. buy as much with slate is 800 naira plank 50k slate 800 naira x 80 units ceiling material 50k workmanship highest 40k omo onile money highest 70k

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by rufaikoko(m): 7:47am On Nov 14, 2015
Its possible in most places but am not sure of places like Abuja, Lagos, PHC etc.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Dynamical: 8:18am On Nov 14, 2015
Call me on 08147917768; I'll give you a decent bungalow with high quality finishing.
Anyone interested in building from foundation to finish in record time without compromising standard and not too expensive should call me..
.God bless you

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by AceKid(m): 8:21am On Nov 14, 2015
i foresee a collapsing building soon

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Jummymine(f): 8:25am On Nov 14, 2015
My mom built her own with less than 1 million.she used clay bricks and it's only the sitting room that is tiled.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by emmabest2000(m): 8:34am On Nov 14, 2015
[quote author=pofolo post=39987963]yes.
it depend on labour cost, omo onile factor and ready availability of money.
e.g
1000 blocks of 6 inches @ 130 = #130, 000. but d truth is d blocks made these days are knock-offs.
alternatively,
if you mould yourself.
2 trips of sand @ 18000each = 36000 ( a trip moulds more dan 15 bags of cements ).
20 bags of cement @ 1500 = 30000.
1 bag = 50 blocks.
labour is 600 per bag = 16000
water 2000
total = 84,000. & sand for about over 10bags of cement still left.

imagine 130000 to 84 000 for 1000 blocks.

i hear some1 talk about soak away ?.
now people use "shalanga" method of 3feet wide 20-25feet deep....cost 20k , plus the sand u get from it will serve as filling. 2 is enuf for 3 bedroom. na to just slab am remain, na everlasting.
if not, 8 by 10 by 8 feet soak away is about 70k to dig, ul need blocks n cement plus slabing too....over 100k, & future xpenses to dey pack ( evacuate ) Shit.

apply d above methods n others
#2million will complete 3 bedroom flat

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by oapbrown(m): 9:03am On Nov 14, 2015
yinkaoke:
PLS HELP

many thnaks

Weldone OP...from my professional experience, N2m will only build that kind of house in the village even if the rooms are just a little bigger than toilets...

I once had a client who wanted to build same house with 2m in a newly developing area...I told him it wasn't possible, but he was bent on doing it...so I decided not to help in the supervision...You know what? He got a bricklayer to replicate the design on the site, the guy messed it up, after changing a lot of things, and afterwards, the client had to split the house into two and finished one, which he even borrowed more money to finish before moving in. Did I tell yu?He didnt do electricals and plumbing for many months after he has been living in there...

My point is, get a professional advice before embarking on the project...Dont let anyone deceive you...there's no point building a substandard house that yu will dislike or regret after just few years of living in it.

Three major things that hold up a house... Foundation, Structural works and roof...if you compromise on these three, its most likely the house get washed away by erosion or blown away by heavy winds...

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by rockyh(m): 9:41am On Nov 14, 2015
dominique:
Which state in the country are you based?

Sure it is possible, if you use substandard materials for the finishing. Foundation alone will send you back over quarter of a million. Building to lintel level will cost almost as much. Roofing and ceiling will definitely cost more than half a million. With your under one million left, you can get cheap tiles, doors, windows, plumbing and electric materials. There are different categories of these items in the market, you can go for the cheapest (though I won't recommend it). Even if you have to add to the initial N2m budget, it won't be up to 200k.

put ur budget at 2.5 MILLION for a god building depending on ur location

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? / Fabrication of Quality Aluminium windows,Railings,Doors Made Easy•Casement••✓ / How To Calculate The Quantity Of Tiles Needed; Selecting Tiles & Types.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.