Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? (77254 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Lay The Foundation (only) Of A 3 Bedroom Flat / DIY: Construction Of A 3-bedroom Bungalow [Ikorodu North LGA Isiwu] / What Is The Estimated Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Lugbe? Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Samlyk(m): 9:53am On Nov 14, 2015
Its depends on Location....
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Samlyk(m): 9:55am On Nov 14, 2015
Sure, depending on the Location....
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by clerkent(m): 10:21am On Nov 14, 2015
For obosi awada precisely you will use #500,000 to settle obosi people. Before you start.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 14, 2015
mirabel001:
yea buh it depends on d area...u can build 5 bedroom flat in my villa wit 2m buh in lekki, dat's 4 clearin d land
Which girl for this your picture is single? cheesy
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Atiloszy(f): 10:40am On Nov 14, 2015
Very possible depend on ur choice of materials
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by mandon: 11:08am On Nov 14, 2015
I doubt if any of these commentators has built a house b4.N2M can only finish the block works from foundation. Will hardly get to the roof.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 14, 2015
People wey never build house before go just dey write nonsense here. There is no way 3 million will build a bungalow, no matter the area. When you start building you will understand. It is for certain that the people here are poor people. building from foundation to roofing the house will cost you 1.5million. Fencing of your land another 500k. You are going to spend another extra 2 million doing the finish job inside and flooring the compound outside. I am not even adding your borehole and American security cable. Please if you guys don't know anything about building it is better to shut up cos some comments here annoys me

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 14, 2015
Jarus:
I asked the same question (2.5m though) when I was footdragging about starting my first house in 2009. I started all the same. It ended up a bigger project than envisaged with 10m plus spent.

My advice: just start.
jarus pls i can one get a job with only ican certificate
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 14, 2015
Jarus:
I asked the same question (2.5m though) when I was footdragging about starting my first house in 2009. I started all the same. It ended up a bigger project than envisaged with 10m plus spent.

My advice: just start.
jarus pls can one get a job with only ican certificate
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by piagetskinner(m): 12:05pm On Nov 14, 2015
Bros I doubt 2m will do... Except u and to use vvvv cheap materials... 6"block with higher sand to cement ratio, cheap wood for the rafters, cheap roofing sheet, cheap doors and windows +China made electrical works. 4m should do for quality work

Ps: make sure ure always on site, if not u shall be cheated
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by aolumaxi(m): 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
yinkaoke:
PLS HELP

I discussed this with my oga who intends to build his house in 6 months and he siad he will build with just N2m without the cost of the land but that the rooms will not be of a standard one and the 3 rooms too. i.e portable flats.

Please is it possible and can anyone give us the break down of how this is possible. his land is at Agbara

many thnaks
will advise u to get a good Quantity sureyor to help him prepare a BOQ according to his drawing.....

Luke 14 vs 28
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2015
adeotiabdulaziz:
jarus pls can one get a job with only ican certificate

No first degree or ND or HND?
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Acidosis(m): 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2015
ayodele234:
People wey never build house before go just dey write nonsense here. There is no way 3 million will build a bungalow, no matter the area. When you start building you will understand. It is for certain that the people here are poor people. building from foundation to roofing the house will cost you 1.5million. Fencing of your land another 500k. You are going to spend another extra 2 million doing the finish job inside and flooring the compound outside. I am not even adding your borehole and American security cable. Please if you guys don't know anything about building it is better to shut up cos some comments here annoys me

Take it easy bro. Some people are not interested in Fence, and American security cable. That's why it is necessary to understand the fact that N2m can complete a bungalow. Even your style and type of Roof can help reduce cost by 40%.

One thing about building is that no amount is ever too much! You can spend as much as N100m on a 3 bedroom bungalow. Some people travel as far as Dubai, just to shop for Doors, furniture and Curtains. While some would simply drive to a nearby Igbo shop to make orders. In fact, they won't pay any middle-man; their car would do the logistics.

Where I come from, some town planning/housing workers draw building plans for as low as N30,000. Meanwhile, I understand some architects demand as much as N200k for plan.

Its all about your taste, bro. N2m can complete a bungalow in Nigeria.

Even the bore hole you talked about goes for a meagre N50k max in a town like Abraka, Delta (Yes because the soil permits manual drilling). You'd need N300k - N500k to mount same borehole in other places in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by j1mmy: 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2015
yes, that is the original cost if builders and contractors don't steal.
buy building materials yourself and hire trades men not contractors while supervising every single bag of cement, sand, mix, and tools.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by aolumaxi(m): 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2015
olodos spilling rubbish here and there... check my signature *runs outta thread*
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Funnyguy83: 4:01pm On Nov 14, 2015
Nonywendy:
I want to embark on such a project. Pls drop ur number so i contact u. See mine 07030387478. Thanks in anticipation
mine z 08065938895 cal me
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
Jarus:

No first degree or ND or HND?
yes when one doesnt have nd or hnd but has only certificate can one get a job
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 14, 2015
adeotiabdulaziz:
yes when one doesnt have nd or hnd but has only certificate can one get a job

Well, possible. But most good and structured jobs require first degree or HND minimum.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 14, 2015
Jarus:

Well, possible. But most good and structured jobs require first degree or HND minimum.
tankz
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 14, 2015
Jarus:

It's good that you used the word good and not all.

I've seen inept work from alleged degreed professionals.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by abouzaid: 8:44pm On Nov 14, 2015
Acidosis:

Take it easy bro. Some people are not interested in Fence, and American security cable. That's why it is necessary to understand the fact that N2m can complete a bungalow. Even your style and type of Roof can help reduce cost by 40%.

One thing about building is that no amount is ever too much! You can spend as much as N100m on a 3 bedroom bungalow. Some people travel as far as Dubai, just to shop for Doors, furniture and Curtains. While some would simply drive to a nearby Igbo shop to make orders. In fact, they won't pay any middle-man; their car would do the logistics.

Where I come from, some town planning/housing workers draw building plans for as low as N30,000. Meanwhile, I understand some architects demand as much as N200k for plan.

Its all about your taste, bro. N2m can complete a bungalow in Nigeria.

Even the bore hole you talked about goes for a meagre N50k max in a town like Abraka, Delta (Yes because the soil permits manual drilling). You'd need N300k - N500k to mount same borehole in other places in Nigeria.
99% of Nigerians don't even have boreholes, here in the north, you subscribe for a tanker to fill your overhead tank weekly for a fixed fee. I'm always amused by the answers people gives here all the time, it shows the rot in our educational system. someone asked about the cost of building a bungalow and they start talking about fence, American security cable and borehole.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by solomonsojay(m): 11:06pm On Nov 14, 2015
akeensbussy:
Yes...2Million will finish your house. Agbara is not a swampy area. With the calculation and info I will put up here.
Rooms 11*10 feet's
kitchen 7*7
sitting room 14*12
Toilet/bath 4*6
all ensuits
visitors toilet 4*4
The total block u will use is 2300units of 6" and 200 of 9". the 9" block is for the foundation. That is to round the foundation and use 6" to demarcate it inside.
2300*#100 = #230,000
200*#150=#30,000
one man diseal of sand 25k
one small tipper of stone #22k
20bags of cement * 1500 naira = 22500 naira for a start.
call the brick layer and ask how much they will lay 2500 blocks for you from foundation to linted and at the end of the day the highest u will pay is 100k- 120k.
u will only need to buy another sand 25k and may be 35bags of cement. with this, ur house will reach linted. do the calculation.
with miscellaneous, 500k will take your 3 bed to linted.
what a dreamer....
cements for 2500 blocks is 30bags... u forgot blocks for suckaway n wastes
creeding 3bed rooms is no less Dan 30 bags
wintel
least load of sand is 3
what about literate filling
iron rods for lintel n arcs
total workmanship is no less dam 450k...using daily labour charges...
I am an estate surveyor, valuer n manager... I know what m saying
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 3:22am On Nov 15, 2015
To build a bungalow with minimum taste and facilities, you should keep maximum figure of 4.5m and minimum figure of 3.5m
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by akeensbussy(m): 9:52am On Nov 15, 2015
solomonsojay:
what a dreamer.... cements for 2500 blocks is 30bags... u forgot blocks for suckaway n wastes creeding 3bed rooms is no less Dan 30 bags wintel least load of sand is 3 what about literate filling iron rods for lintel n arcs total workmanship is no less dam 450k...using daily labour charges... I am an estate surveyor, valuer n manager... I know what m saying
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by akeensbussy(m): 10:06am On Nov 15, 2015
solomonsojay:
what a dreamer.... cements for 2500 blocks is 30bags... u forgot blocks for suckaway n wastes creeding 3bed rooms is no less Dan 30 bags wintel least load of sand is 3 what about literate filling iron rods for lintel n arcs total workmanship is no less dam 450k...using daily labour charges... I am an estate surveyor, valuer n manager... I know what m saying
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by akeensbussy(m): 10:12am On Nov 15, 2015
solomonsojay:

what a dreamer....
cements for 2500 blocks is 30bags... u forgot blocks for suckaway n wastes
creeding 3bed rooms is no less Dan 30 bags
wintel
least load of sand is 3
what about literate filling
iron rods for lintel n arcs
total workmanship is no less dam 450k...using daily labour charges...
I am an estate surveyor, valuer n manag er... I know what m saying

just completed 3bedrooms flat foundation with 400 units of 6 inches. spent #125k, #23k for workmanship inclusive.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by jidesam168(m): 7:53pm On Nov 15, 2015
akeensbussy:

just completed 3bedrooms flat foundation with 400 units of 6 inches. spent #125k, #23k for workmanship inclusive.
u may be right bro mine cost 220k with laterite filling inclusive.

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by olumide4christ: 12:56am On Nov 16, 2015
akeensbussy:
Yes...2Million will finish your house. Agbara is not a swampy area. With the calculation and info I will put up here.

Rooms 11*10 feet's
kitchen 7*7
sitting room 14*12
Toilet/bath 4*6
all ensuits
visitors toilet 4*4

The total block u will use is 2300units of 6" and 200 of 9". the 9" block is for the foundation. That is to round the foundation and use 6" to demarcate it inside.

2300*#100 = #230,000
200*#150=#30,000

call the brick layer and ask how much they will lay 2500 blocks for you from foundation to linted and at the end of the day the highest u will pay is 100k- 120k.

u will only need to buy another sand 25k and may be 35bags of cement. with this, ur house will reach linted. do the calculation.

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by olumide4christ: 12:58am On Nov 16, 2015
akeensbussy:

Rooms 11*10 feet's
kitchen 7*7
sitting room 14*12
Toilet/bath 4*6
all ensuits
visitors toilet 4*4

2300*#100 = #230,000
200*#150=#30,000

UR ANALYSIS IS SOOOO WRONG!! N500K to take a 3-bedroom flat to lintel level SO MISLEADING!![color=#000099][/color]
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 16, 2015
olumide4christ:

UR ANALYSIS IS SOOOO WRONG!! N500K to take a 3-bedroom flat to lintel level SO MISLEADING!![color=#000099][/color]

Yep, I think this is why there're so many uncompleted projects all over the place.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by olumide4christ: 1:15am On Nov 16, 2015
aolumaxi:
will advise u to get a good Quantity sureyor to help him prepare a BOQ according to his drawing.....

Luke 14 vs 28

Professional Quantity Surveyor is on hand here- Contact me - Olumide -08188211300

See my previous comments on this thread... N2 million and even double that amount will never finish a 3-bedroom bungalow that will last 10 years or more. Those saying it can may simply not know anything about construction or are just out to mislead the OP.

My advice to the OP - Seek professional advice.

Have a nice week, everyone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? / How To Calculate The Quantity Of Tiles Needed; Selecting Tiles & Types. / Lettings @ Ketu, Magodo, River Valley, Ojota, Omole ph2, Gbagada, Anthony etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.