Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister (11590 Views)

The Faith Of A New Business In This State Of Economy / Chadians, Ghanaians, Others Storm Nigeria For Dollars-the Nation / How To Earn Double Salary In The Face Of Economy Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by afruakan: 4:44am On May 19, 2009
all of you people who particapte in speaking ill of another afrakan nation should be shot

and ur child taken from u and taught that afrakan uniity and militray wise is the only key to west afraka becoming a super power.

as an afrakan-amerikkkan

it sickens me that yourba or igbo would speak ill of another west afrakan

u stupid idiots dont u know this is the main reason why afraka is looked at as a race of children and greedy men?

continental afrakans and disaporik afrakans will rise above thee idiots who only want to spread hate and division towards other afrakans.

imgaine ghana,nigeria,and a third country uniting to form one strong power country or alliance how powerful would that be?

with afrakans returning from outside of afraka who were born outside of afraka do to the slave trade coming back home to start business and help create a west afrakan super power?

any afrakan who speaks bad of another afrakan should be shot period.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by samparian(m): 4:58am On May 19, 2009
Abrantie:

Fvck Nigerians. You are all viruses, a bunch off losers and cowards. I didn't have to go far on this site to see how citizens could allow themselves to be continuously gang raped for years, and still think it's normal. Yeah, bitches and wimps, don't cross my path in Ghana because I'll let you have it.

Charlie, no need to start insulting each other. If i'm in Ghana, you cant do a damn thing (no offence meant)
i lived with a Ghanaian in Nigeria for 6 years and he made a lot of money in Nigeria and went back home to Suhum, Eastern Region where he established his private school which i hear has won awards in Ghana.
i've been a guest of his in Ghana on numerous occassions. when the man lost his dad, i was in Ghana for the funeral and we travelled to Akosombo, way up the hills, and it was a totally new experience for me. I documented the whole event, i watched the women prepare fufu(ghana style), joined in the wake keep, and wore the traditional black wrapper that leaves one shoulder exposed. I had so much fun in that village, that they even offered me a wife grin

No matter how you guys see it, Nigerians have become a dominant force in your economy. your tourism industry is very good and attracts numerous Nigerians during holidays. ABC transport organises such 3 day trips to Ghana every christmas. Do you know how much money is brought into Ghana by just that??

The ghanaian movie industry has also learned a lot from Nollywood. Your producers prefare to hire Nigerian directors for serious movie projects.
The biggest movie ever produced in Ghana till date was a Nigerian project.

Power of the gods had a cast and crew of over 90 people. We spent a month in Ghana for that production and paid Ghanaian stars well for it. It was a media frenzy and we had reporters on location almost everyday because the movie was star studded with Nonso Diobi, Mercy Johnson, Fifi Coleman, Jackie Appiah, Emma Anyalogu, Kofi Ajilolo etc
It was after that movie that Jackie Appiah became hot demand in Nollywood.

we have a lot to learn from each other.
Nigeria needs to learn from ghana about free and fair elections and how people with diverse religions should live together peacefully.
Ghana needs to learn trade secrets and strong will from us.
We are people that learn to do things on our own. he go and achieve feats where others fear to thread. we are NIGERIANS. and I"M PROUDLY NIGERIAN
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by Builder: 7:33am On May 19, 2009
Round 1, and the fight commnces ,
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by bombsquad(m): 8:41am On May 19, 2009
ghanians suck!
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by maddock(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2009
Abrantie:

Fvck Nigerians. You are all viruses, a bunch off losers and cowards. I didn't have to go far on this site to see how citizens could allow themselves to be continuously gang raped for years, and still think it's normal. Yeah, bitches and wimps, don't cross my path in Ghana because I'll let you have it.

Sharap you no fit do NADA.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by JJYOU: 9:10am On May 19, 2009
Builder:

Round 1, and the fight commnces ,  
how did the minister not know there are some things better left unsaid?

i wish naija had a secure peaceful environment where you can sleep well and not build prison round yourself. i dont blame them.  you need to listen to them on voice of Africa talk nonsense about Nigeria and nigerians.  

it is either we being the first publicly executed robber in Ghana, bringing fake foreign currencies into their system,  introducing armed robbery or cheap calabar prostitutes introducing prostitution in their country.

they forget they are equivalent of a state in Nigeria.  i dont blame them. na we do ourself.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by maddock(m): 9:16am On May 19, 2009
JJYOU:

they forget they are equivalent of a state in Nigeria. i dont blame them. na we do ourself.
I wonder o.

why do we have to stoop so low to start equating ourselves with Ghana I no blame dem charley if not for bad goverment which like someone said here is our hurricane katrina and tsunami combine, then we wont be talking about ganja sorry ghana but america,singapores, etc of the world.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by MrCrackles(m): 9:26am On May 19, 2009
Why dem come dey fear?

Na today wey we don dey dominate Ghanians?

For every Kweku's, Asafu-Adjaye's, Koffi's and Frimpong's outhere, they will always shiver at the mention of a Nigeria related thingy/issue/people! grin
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by Akan(m): 9:32am On May 19, 2009
There is no greener snake on the surface of this planet than those bloody chaleys. Nonsense people !! i'd rather kill a chaley first before a poisonous reptile. bloody masa!
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by FACE(m): 9:33am On May 19, 2009
$osisi:

Oh sharap! kweku amponsah
you should be happy our people are coming over there to bring some beauty into Ghana
bunch of ugly  red lipped creatures grin
I hope your pedestrians wear neon signs at night since you all practically blend in with the night
It should be a law

I dont know what to make of you $Osisi. Sometimes, you are nice and sensible and other times you are like a raging lunatic. There are many psychos on Nairaland, but I have picked on you because I think you are really a nice person but those moments of  angry angry really take the shine off you.

Please disappoint me by not returning fire for fire, cos I've said all in good faith and against my principles.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by kshow1(m): 10:10am On May 19, 2009
JJYOU:

they forget they are equivalent of a state in Nigeria. i dont blame them. na we do ourself.
SEE THE MESS OUR LEADERS HAS CAUSED.
HOW CAN THESE CHARLIES THAT USE TOURCH LIGHT TO FIND US IN BROAD DAY LIGHT BE TALKING.
YOU NEED TO SEE HOW THEY FOLLOW AND ENVY US.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by OneNaija(m): 10:24am On May 19, 2009
Charlie do what? Why you peoples calling them charlie. ah de. ma pashur oh ye.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by JJYOU: 10:27am On May 19, 2009
FACE:

I dont know what to make of you $Osisi. Sometimes, you are nice and sensible and other times you are like a raging lunatic. There are many psychos on Nairaland, but I have picked on you because I think you are really a nice person but those moments of  angry angry really take the shine off you.

Please disappoint me by not returning fire for fire, cos I've said all in good faith and against my principles.
what is your point coming here trying to insult my brother wife in an open forum. dont you know better.

kshow1:

SEE THE MESS OUR LEADERS HAS CAUSED.
HOW CAN THESE CHARLIES THAT USE TOURCH LIGHT TO FIND US IN BROAD DAY LIGHT BE TALKING.
YOU NEED TO SEE HOW THEY FOLLOW AND ENVY US.
  i agree with you.  my pa inlaw has a buddy like that. he claims he know us more than we know ourselves.   he calls me brother and say horrible things behind me. if he knew  my ma inlaw tells me  everything he says, he would be dead.

ghanains why do you hate us so much?
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by mamaorga(f): 10:41am On May 19, 2009
i think that ghanaians are too petty, they should focus on how best their economy can be improved instead of bickering about the influx of nigerians in their country, cos if every nigerian should pull out of their economy it wd be disastrous
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by dustydee: 10:46am On May 19, 2009
It may be unfair what the Ghanians are doing but come to think of it, if we had our house in order, we will be a force to reckon with in Africa and the world at large.Our economy may be bigger, but theirs is better, so dont blame them,lets blame ourselves.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by dustydee: 10:53am On May 19, 2009
stop the hate talk, please. I love Ghanians. We should be brothers not rivals,
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by mogzy(m): 10:55am On May 19, 2009
nigeria should never never reverse any trade policy

the EEC members state de protect their farmers

else everyone get their

ghana should go to hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

come down to london, see and wittness hmmmm evny at the highest order grin grin

i said and i wil said it again respect ghanains but never trust them, always use your sense
grin grin

[b]@ Ikeyman, Egbon you be arsenal fan? you go smoke us finish for nairaland o. gunners are known for gbola! gbola!
Nigeria plays a big brother role to Ghana and many other African countries, Ghana is definitely no match in all respect with Nigeria. i'm sure they will come crawling and begging soon.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by MrCrackles(m): 10:56am On May 19, 2009
FACE:

I dont know what to make of you $Osisi. Sometimes, you are nice and sensible and other times you are like a raging lunatic.

shocked shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by JJYOU: 11:07am On May 19, 2009
mogzy:

nigeria should never never reverse any trade policy

the EEC members state de protect their farmers

else everyone get their

ghana should go to hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

come down to london, see and wittness hmmmm evny at the highest order grin grin

i said and i wil said it again respect ghanains but never trust them, always use your sense
grin grin

[b]@ Ikeyman, Egbon you be arsenal fan? you go smoke us finish for nairaland o. gunners are known for gbola! gbola!
Nigeria plays a big brother role to Ghana and many other African countries, Ghana is definitely no match in all respect with Nigeria. i'm sure they will come crawling and begging soon.
dont forget that under their past president it was like they won lottery with the EU via the link with UK . they can bring their produce and food into EU with low trade tarrif so why must naija allow them to flood the country with things produced for EU markets.

some of you should travel to the uk from ghana and see a visible difference betweeen the treatment. they are like the new colony britian has in africa the way they get preferential treatment.

please nobody should tell me it is all because of deregulation of the economy. it is something more.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 11:13am On May 19, 2009
u tell them^^^^
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by oludashmi(f): 11:22am On May 19, 2009
Abrantie:

Fvck Nigerians. You are all viruses, a bunch off losers and cowards. I didn't have to go far on this site to see how citizens could allow themselves to be continuously gang raped for years, and still think it's normal. Yeah, bitches and wimps, don't cross my path in Ghana because I'll let you have it.
$osisi:

Oh sharap! kweku amponsah
you should be happy our people are coming over there to bring some beauty into Ghana
bunch of ugly  red lipped creatures grin
I hope your pedestrians wear neon signs at night since you all practically blend in with the night
It should be a law

Osisi, you dey craze oo grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I couldn't control my laugh even in the office.

maddock:

I wonder o.

why do we have to stoop so low to start equating ourselves with Ghana I no blame dem charley if not for bad goverment which like someone said here is our hurricane katrina and tsunami combine, then we wont be talking about ganja sorry ghana but america,singapores, etc of the world.

@Abrantie, if to sey you know, you for no talk o.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by hackney(m): 12:07pm On May 19, 2009
To be frank Ghanians in general are better behaved than Nigerians coupled with their better management at Govt levels.

They just celebrated their 10th year of uninterrupted power supply which Nigeria can never do till christ comes ; light no blink for 10 years in Nigeria? we cant even imagine it and we are shouting about what even?
(That our nepa or phcn is just a bloated dead goat) ;  in another thread was it kwara state that had 1 month of good NEPA and people wanted to move there ; Niggar Please!! .

Nigeria should be ranking with Hong Kong in terms of resources BUT WE ARE NOT, WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT US THEN? it's like a child that was sent to all the best schools but still failed only to boast of his school and fees.
It is shameful but being nigerian you will be too high-shouldered to see it (which is actually part of the problem)

Look ,I used to have a colleague  who was half ghana and half Naija but she prefered Accra 100 times though her Dad lived in VGC  o!!!

So i dont know ,are we boasting due to human resources or something.
Somebody will steal all the money and we will hail him when he drop-top and ride out
What a mentality
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by PERFECTLUV(m): 12:24pm On May 19, 2009
sure
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by dejiariyo: 12:44pm On May 19, 2009
f u wanna see Ghanaians jealousy, come down to London and u will be surprised how Ghanaians are so jealous of Nigerians, go to youtube and see the kind of comments they leave on Nigeria music videos.

i have Ghanaian friends but its hard for them having me as friends cos they see me as a threat to them , u cant have a normal conversation with a Ghanaian without them mentioning how they started fufu or jollof rice before Nigerians stole it from them, and if u look at their fufu and jollof rice its far different from what Nigerians eat, the taste and methods they use is so different but Ghanaians will always say they own fufu and jollof rice recently they claiming pounded yam too.

i remember Nigeria president borrowing Ghanaians around 34 billion naira in 2005 and we do supply this pple fuel as well, but all they see about Nigeria is fraud and corruption, i have so many Ghanaian friends who are into frauds down here in London and anytime they got caught they claim they Nigerians , go to youtube and search for mugu video , its was made by some Ghanaian slowpoke celebrating frauds in Ghana,they trying to do their own version of yahooze lol

i was talking to a Ghanaian yesterday and all he could tell me was samini was better than tuface without me even asking him any question , i just think they paranoid and they shud just deal with it, we have many ghanian actors in Nigeria movies what else do they want again?
i dont blame them , i blame pple like dele momodu who took most Nigeria investors down to Ghana, they never had it good before all those Nigerians went down there, i used to be in Ghana almost everyweek around 2002 before the influx of Nigerians over there, but their problem is they think Nigeria want to have their oil but what they failed to realise is Nigeria never did anything with oil, all the things that Nigeria has are not even from oil money.we have being making things happen before the advent of oil, charlie check Ur head.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by yeswecan(m): 12:52pm On May 19, 2009
Nigerians are blessed. We are never jealous of any, even the Americans…… Ghana, the shoe menders in our country now you want to compare yourself with the masters huh? First its South Africa, now Ghana. Ha ha ha ha
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by yeswecan(m): 1:25pm On May 19, 2009
Ghanians are very ugly. If we leave them all to them selves, ha na yawa ooooooooooo

Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by uwani(f): 3:05pm On May 19, 2009
actually, i feel the ghanians should be greatly to the nigeria especially the ones investing in their country cos, their economy cant pick up if they rely only on their fellow kofis. some other countries are seriously looking for investors and they (kofis) are complaining. agreed the cost of production is cheaper in ghana,and that makes it alot easier for their government to make more revenue for their country tru tax. so why are they complaining?is it because their foreign investors turned out to nigerians or what? angry
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by buffead(f): 3:08pm On May 19, 2009
NA TODAY DEM DEY JEALOUS US SHUOOOOO MCHEWWWWWWW NONSENSE !!!!! I NO BLAME DEM angry angry
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by uwani(f): 3:10pm On May 19, 2009
actually, i feel the ghanians should be greatly to  nigeria especially the ones  investing in their country cos, their economy cant pick up if they rely only on their fellow kofis. some other countries are seriously looking for investors and they (kofis) are complaining. agreed the cost of production is cheaper in ghana,and that makes it alot easier for their government to make more revenue for their country tru tax. so why are they complaining?is it because their foreign investors turned out to nigerians or what?  angry at least we accomodated their teachers when almost all nigerian schools were recruiting kofis to teach maths.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by londoner: 3:57pm On May 19, 2009
No country should fear investment into their country. I think the difficulty Ghanaians have is that it is specifically Nigerians. At the end of the day, they can open banks/telecoms communication companies in Nigeria of they wanted to, they simply dont want to.

People are behaving as if there are scores of Ghanaians who are beating down the doors to enter the Nigerian market, but are being stopped by the big bad Nigerian government. Its a false assesment of the situation. When I have been unto Ghanaian sites when this same issue crops up, I suggest they also enter the Nigerian market. The response you get is a xenophobic one, one of arrogance and self righteousness.

They simply list the reasons why they are far too superior human beings to step foot in the devils own house called Nigeria.

Ghanaians fear Nigerian business in their country because they lack the entreprenuerial spirit and sheer boldness to do what Nigerians have done in their own country or any other on the continent, simple. If the problem is Nigeria's laws, then how come we have not seen Ghanaians entering any markets on any noteable scale in so called business friendly neighbouring countries? They generally have no desire to come into the Nigerian market, those who do are doing so as we speak.

We can learn alot from Ghanaians in terms of growing a credible democracy and low tolerance for corruption, but with all their "constant" electricity and relative peace, they are being shown up by Nigerian business in their own country. Noone would enjoy that would they?

Having said that, we should resist from rubbing it in their faces, at the end of the day we have too much work of our own to be getting on with in our own country. to waste energy.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by sosisi(f): 5:08pm On May 19, 2009
FACE:

I dont know what to make of you $Osisi. Sometimes, you are nice and sensible and other times you are like a raging lunatic. There are many psychos on Nairaland, but I have picked on you because I think you are really a nice person but those moments of angry angry really take the shine off you.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
@ face
the Ghanaian dude caught me at a bad time and when I saw what he said about Nigerians,I lost it.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 19, 2009
instead of wasting our time complaining about the kofi's getting jealous of us i think we should be talking about how we wanna improve more on our economy. in the first place why cant we invest more in our economy than going all the way to Ghana thats pretty absurd there's more market pool here in Naija than Ghana, so whatever treatment we get in Ghana i believe we deserve it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Inflation rate Drops To 15.99% In October - as food prices ease / 46.7 Million Nigerian Bank Accounts Dormant / "CARD NOT SMART" What Does This Really Mean !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.