Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,357 members, 7,819,280 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister (11600 Views)

The Faith Of A New Business In This State Of Economy / Chadians, Ghanaians, Others Storm Nigeria For Dollars-the Nation / How To Earn Double Salary In The Face Of Economy Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by shesi(m): 11:04pm On May 21, 2009
@yommyuk - grin i want the best cook, lol,

@ikeyman00 - seriously dude, i think at this rate, even your nigerian brothers are starting to be a little embarrased with your posts?

my only reply to your latest posts is: HUH? i don't understand what you're saying!
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by yommyuk: 11:11pm On May 21, 2009
@Ikey

are u ok? u are starting to come across like u r on Kaya

Pls don't add more salt to the injury. undecided

bobo ghana has just floored u. grin honestly[i][/i]

get some sleep wink
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 11:12pm On May 21, 2009
hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhahhahhahhahhahhhahhahha

listen to be honest, i dnt know what to tell u!!

all i can say emm just let the light shine plzz if u dnt mind

there u go, walkin through the lion den, u ve be made to face the fact

still waitin on u to debunk any post i made?

u are typical and hater ghanaian joker

very stuburn creatures!!

but there u go shesi 319 hahah
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 11:14pm On May 21, 2009
@Ikey

are u ok? u are starting to come across like u r on Kaya

Pls don't add more salt to the injury.

bobo ghana has just floored u.

get some sleep

yumm i hope we are from the same planet, ahaha the truth has eventually silence the haters

so hey can u send your girlfreind over to my house plz

o wel ahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 11:19pm On May 21, 2009
ikeyman00 - seriously dude, i think at this rate, even your nigerian brothers are starting to be a little embarrased with your posts?

my only reply to your latest posts is: HUH? i don't understand what you're saying!

shesi ahah sorri i dnt speak on ghanaian accent

it people like u, emm registered in 2008, and u ve only made wat 9 post

enbeded and hidden in nl, under some cocky disguise, waiting to lease out some venorm

but emm if anyone out there have any kind of doubt about this superman aka ikeyman, true naija dug out, i think emm tonight is the answer

shesi sorri to say u are a mz shesi slowpoke

fragmented IQ  u wana lecture me, when u are completely overwhelmed by hate
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by honeric01(m): 11:32pm On May 21, 2009
You guys should stop all these noise. Ghana is good, Nigeria is bad to some, why Ghana is bad and Nigeria is good to some, its a matter of choice and experience. I have Ghanaian friends, I like them more than some tribes in Nigeria, but then we also have Ghanaian who have Nigerian friends that they like more than their own too so lets get real.
What I can take out from the comments Ghanaian minister made is that their economy is not that wide for too much investors especially Nigerians so pls make unanswerable spare them. Ghana is equivalent to a state in Nigeria so why the fuss? They surely don't need overpopulation in any sense that they can't deal with because they have seen the problems with overpopulation in Nigeria and fear to walk the path by fighting that through trade embargo.

Conclusively, I rate some of the Nigerians who migrate out of this country only because of greener pastures as the weakest Nigerians on earth because they lack the stamina to compete here with their mates.

Bite me
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 11:44pm On May 21, 2009
the oracle has spoken!!

blah blah wetin

god bless naija and africa cool
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by Abrantie: 12:48am On May 22, 2009
yommyuk wrote:,

@ ikeyman

I did not expect u to answer the questions. You call d questions silly because the answers are obvious.
Look into the mirror bros and get real. You better move around.Try and gain access to real corporate info.
Nigeria to the business world is crap. plain and simple.Do you know how many multinationals that are using Ghana as
a west african hub for their business. I bet u don't. I work in one of them. The only viable resource of interest in Nigeria is OIL
and that oneself is katakata.

@ yeswecan
The real reason why we are been hated across Africa is the dominating factor we move along with

On what planet do uuu live? Do you know how many nigerians are languishing in Norh africa in order to cross over? Majority of them are illegals
Are u talking about the naijas in South africa selling drugs? THAT IS WHAT NAIJA IS DOMINATING

Yes we have law abiding ones but in proportion to the bad eggs. The facts are well known. You guys need to get out more and see what is going on
naijas are now calling themselves dominicans because of this image factor. u take ur green pali to tunsia, Egypt, SA, Bostwana, Morrocco, and let us see how dominating u are. African gaint my arse.

naija banks setting shop in ghana - doing what? - money transfer abi? bull. what benefits are the nigeria entrepeneurs getting from them. Are they there to aid the naijas in Ghana or just some smart arse guys setting up shop to make a buck.

GT BANK is now in the Uk - Their banks accounts are the most expensive to run in the UK. and you naijas will be Commending them.
Ghana has created an enviroment that is Conducive to foreigners to invest which include nigerians. This should be the other way round.
Nigeria should be what USA is to North and South America. A MAGNET.

This is the reason why the Western world still call us developing world- We fail to develop our mentality. Most of the business we have are opportunist ventures trying to make a fast one. No innovation. Just copy cat business enterprises with no solid exectution.

Check out the chinese, they are also well travelled. are u talking about drugs, they do it in tonnes. Is it Counterfeiting - they too are good at it
do they have the same general reputation like naija- NO because they have upgraded-

Naija DOMINATING AFRICA Undecided MY ARSE Angry

Baba Fela knew what he was talking about when he sang LOOKU LOOKU Shocked

---------------------------------------------

My brother, charley, this Ghana man salute you. Sense na you dey preach to your country men like this?
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by honeric01(m): 1:03am On May 22, 2009
And how sure are we that yommyluk is a Nigerian undecided
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by dejiariyo: 1:08am On May 22, 2009
Baba Fela knew what he was talking about when he sang LOOKU LOOKU Shocked

is fela a ghanian and when did he sang looku looku cos i dont know what that means in nigeria language
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by yommyuk: 1:21am On May 22, 2009
@honeric01

u nko u bi togolese?
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by honeric01(m): 1:35am On May 22, 2009
I represent to the core,
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by Anikeji: 3:26am On May 22, 2009
I think we Nigerians have a lot to learn from Ghana. Thier GDP may be a fraction of ours, but thier per Capita is much higher. This means that a person with the same qualification will likely earn more in Ghana than in Nigeria. Thier democracy is more stable and less corrupt than ours, and so is thier private sector. They have just been cursed with crude oil, but I hope they learn from our mistakes.
As an African, I am dismayed by the ill feeling between Nigerian and Ghanaians. I wish we could streamline our trade laws and partner more effectively with them.
[color=#990000]The fact that most of our trade and communications occur with non-African countries is what keeps us weak and divided
. If we had more links with each other we would be stronger.
I really hope we are able to reconcile our differences.[/color]

Very well said. Free enterprise has long been advocated as the natural way to sustain any market structure.

The GDP is not an accurate measure of a country's prosperity, Ghana's population is somewhere between 15-20 million (this is probably the population of Lagos alone), so the per capita is more informative.

Whether or not this will help curb xenophobic sentiments on either side only time will tell. It would however be good to gain more insight on how well both countries are playing by the rules.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 7:15am On May 22, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yommyuk wrote:,

@ ikeyman

I did not expect u to answer the questions. You call d questions silly because the answers are obvious.
Look into the mirror bros and get real. You better move around.Try and gain access to real corporate info.
Nigeria to the business world is crap. plain and simple.Do you know how many multinationals that are using Ghana as
a west african hub for their business. I bet u don't. I work in one of them. The only viable resource of interest in Nigeria is OIL
and that oneself is katakata.

@ yeswecan
The real reason why we are been hated across Africa is the dominating factor we move along with

On what planet do uuu live? Do you know how many nigerians are languishing in Norh africa in order to cross over? Majority of them are illegals
Are u talking about the naijas in South africa selling drugs? THAT IS WHAT NAIJA IS DOMINATING

Yes we have law abiding ones but in proportion to the bad eggs. The facts are well known. You guys need to get out more and see what is going on
naijas are now calling themselves dominicans because of this image factor. u take ur green pali to tunsia, Egypt, SA, Bostwana, Morrocco, and let us see how dominating u are. African gaint my arse.

naija banks setting shop in ghana - doing what? - money transfer abi? bull. what benefits are the nigeria entrepeneurs getting from them. Are they there to aid the naijas in Ghana or just some smart arse guys setting up shop to make a buck.

GT BANK is now in the Uk - Their banks accounts are the most expensive to run in the UK. and you naijas will be Commending them.
Ghana has created an enviroment that is Conducive to foreigners to invest which include nigerians. This should be the other way round.
Nigeria should be what USA is to North and South America. A MAGNET.

This is the reason why the Western world still call us developing world- We fail to develop our mentality. Most of the business we have are opportunist ventures trying to make a fast one. No innovation. Just copy cat business enterprises with no solid exectution.

Check out the chinese, they are also well travelled. are u talking about drugs, they do it in tonnes. Is it Counterfeiting - they too are good at it
do they have the same general reputation like naija- NO because they have upgraded-

Naija DOMINATING AFRICA  Undecided MY ARSE Angry

Baba Fela knew what he was talking about when he sang LOOKU LOOKU  Shocked

---------------------------------------------

My brother, charley,  this Ghana man salute you. Sense na you dey preach to your country men like this?

yes charlie abranite  u will continue to be a joke to the international world, just beacause u had the multi-coperate world under-paying u over there should imply that ghana is better, after all before the fall of saddam the iraqs were sustaining on oil. Even in a developed world like london, some investors are taken their money somewhere else due to lack of confidence and all the interest rate thing coupled with high national debt

in as much as china is developing, do u know how many chinese that has drowned in the sea in attempt to cross over to europe from spain. mr nuzo wouldnt tell u that lipsrsealed

i dnt care about multi-nationals,what i stand for is nigeria at least have reasonable electricity that wiil sustains development, there so providing jobs for its people, good roads, clean enironment unlike accra that has been taken over by rubbish dumps on the road side etc

thats what i care about charlie karaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa oh yes haha

so once again just like slowpoke like [b]mz shesi[/b]its not how much rubbish u wrote, it is how much point u made, so once again i still sitting waiting on the ghanaians to proof me wrong

so forget fela for now, and face the music karaaaaaaa

so my people stop talkin and veiwing from your ass, cuz if our leaders knows how much the outside world hate nigerians then, hey they all will turn to fashola overnite

some foolish and useless nigerians will argue day and nite, oh it our attitude that created all the hostilities, mennh i said u are trying to impresss, get your sense moving, attitude or not, these africans will continue hating u even as pastor u have no chance

the same haters will welcome sucide bomers from pakistan with open arm, so losers do something for ur country and leave fela out of it!
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by yeswecan(m): 7:49am On May 22, 2009
yommyuk:

@ yeswecan

Do you know how many nigerians are languishing in Norh africa in order to cross over? Majority of them are illegals
Are u talking about the naijas in South africa selling drugs
? THAT IS WHAT NAIJA IS DOMINATING

You are quick to address the comment I made about Nigeria's Domination but you can't address the rest of my post.
What do you know about South Africa and drugs?

Interpol now rates South Africa as the fourth-largest cannabis producer in the world. Around a quarter of worldwide seizures involve South African cannabis. The trend is confirmed by a report by the Institute for Security Studies in Cape Town, which says that most of the marijuana seized in the UK, and a third of that seized globally, is now of South African origin.

The problem with Nigeria’s image is not the crime itself, but the glorification of crime. The few Nigerians in South Africa selling drugs will put up with expensive cars and houses thus sending wrong signal to the public.
If you look at the trend of events, South Africa is more of a corrupt country than Naija. The Russia government is more corrupt that ours.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by londoner: 9:42am On May 22, 2009
Lol, the only reason why nationalities who are just as corrupt as Nigeria do not have the same reputation is because their criminality is not made the focus of them as a nation like it is with Nigeria.

The media does not show as much interest in highlighting the criminal activites of the Chinese, or South African, they do with Nigerians.

Perception is everything.

@shesi, which Nigerian bank "begged" nto enter the Ghanaian market? They all paid the required fee
to enter. They expended into Ghana, Ivory coast, Sierra Leone, Uganda, etc.

Noone begged anyone. Its funny, the way you see it. I doubt you see Barclays bank as having "begged" your government to enter the market. The only reason why is because they are a European company and it is difficult for you to see them in that way.

Nigerian banks in Ghana have already developed in Nigeria first, they are not "fleeing" as you suggest, but are simply expanding into other markets where there is opportunity to. Its a normal function of business.

You know this yourself, you seem an intelligent person. The single reason why you now term it "begging" is simply because those banks are Nigerian. Even with your obvious education you are expressing the same old xenophobic outlook which many Black Africans suffer from.

At the end of the day there is no point trying simply to suggest Nigerian business activity in Ghana is somehow insignificant. Your own finance minister has already alluded to the fact that your people fear domination by Nigerian business.

That is evidence enough that what you are trying to suggest is far from the truth on ground.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by yeswecan(m): 10:48am On May 22, 2009
@londoner

Thanks for posting the best comment so far.

But if you expand on the Media focus, you will understand my term "glorification of crime" and the way it affected the perception of Nigeria.   The song "yahooze" glorifies fraud and was celebrated by fraudsters across Nigeria, you can imagine the meassge.

You can’t hide from the fact that Nigerians are coated with the attitude of showing up, this is why our criminality is made the focus.

londoner, i hope you get my point.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by londoner: 11:07am On May 22, 2009
@yes we can, I agree with the glorification of crime and its damage to Nigerians, but its of more damage to us within oir country than outside.

I dont know of any criminal element which does not show off with their ill gotten loot, just look at the Russians and Italians. The media is unaware of songs like yahoozee, and the song is a very recent one. incidently, it was a big hit in Ghana too, there is even a Ghanaian remix, lol

The point is that while there are yahoozee's there are also the Ben bruces of the world too. They are doing much more than those 419ers, but they get no media attention outside the country. There are artists like P square and Dbanj who never make any mention of any type of maga, but rather make songs about hard work also paying off.

We have our own blame to bear, but it a very deliberate thing that the media does, both at home and abroad gravitate towards criminal elements without the balance of the converse.

Our criminal elements are made the focus, because people are not interested in the other less negative facts about Nigerians or are too lazy to find out. They never present the balance, the picture is distorted.

It is quite hypocritical of people too, just look at the American music/entertainment industry. People always show off, and glamourise their riches. many of their artists make a career out of rapping about their drug pushing and gang behaviour. they even glorify killing and their criminal past or present.

Even though they do that, it is never held against them as a nationality.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by omar22(m): 11:56am On May 22, 2009
Its not only Ghanians

Gambian
Gabonese
South Africans
E Guinea
and many more
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 12:29pm On May 22, 2009
blow them all
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by deb(m): 1:14pm On May 22, 2009
Jealous Ghanaian. Be productive and you wouldn't have to be worried about Nigerians in your country.

If you are productive enough, there will be no need for jealousy on your path. We have various foreigners living in Nigeria and
we are not threatened by them. So, what is your problem Ghanaians? Wake up to your responsibilities and stop looking
for whom to blame for your woes. We are doing you a lot of good by investing in your country. If all our companies pull out of your
country abruptly you will suffer.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by deb(m): 1:27pm On May 22, 2009
Our criminal elements are made the focus, because people are not interested in the other less negative facts about Nigerians or are too lazy to find out. They never present the balance, the picture is distorted.

It is quite hypocritical of people too, just look at the American music/entertainment industry. People always show off, and glamourise their riches. many of their artists make a career out of rapping about their drug pushing and gang behaviour. they even glorify killing and their criminal past or present.

Even though they do that, it is never held against them as a nationality.

True talk
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by shesi(m): 2:59pm On May 22, 2009
@ londoner - your point about the nigerian banks is my point exactly. My point was, companies go where they think they can make money, not because they want to help develop anybody's economy. They don't teach philantropy in business school.
I was responding to your countryman Ikey's allusion that somehow Ghana came to beg those nigerian banks to settle in Ghana. He seems to have slipped through the cracks in the educational system. Claims to have a degree. Which i find quite hard to believe. grin

@Ikey - don't interfere when Adults are having a conversation.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by shinystar(m): 5:52pm On May 22, 2009
Ghana is no match for Nigeria. Period! They can envy us but we will always outrun them.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 6:16pm On May 22, 2009
shesi
@ londoner - your point about the nigerian banks is my point exactly.  My point was, companies go where they think they can make money, not because they want to help develop anybody's economy. They don't teach philantropy in business school.
I was responding to your countryman Ikey's allusion that somehow Ghana came to beg those nigerian banks to settle in Ghana. He seems to have slipped through the cracks in the educational system. Claims to have a degree. Which i find quite hard to believe.

@Ikey - don't interfere when Adults are having a conversation.

do me a favour, dnt come back here again, see ur mouth adult fool like u!

cheeky slowpoke, u ve been trying so hard to discredit my stand, but what u failed to understand is there are people out there that tried it before

like i said, re bunk my articles posted in the thread or just shut up!

u claim to know a lot about economics but u ve spewing garbage all along, hmm the nigerian banks are begging the ghana government bla bla

abeg make una pay back that 40 million dollar

una lucky abacha don die, cuz he would have show una pepper
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 6:27pm On May 22, 2009
shesi

have u got some kind of commonsense ?  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

cuz it looks like u are talking from your back side    grin grin

yes like u said expertiee hahha

nigeria banks or companies goes where they can make money! yes u are right!!

however what ur ghana must go eyes couldnt visualise is emm they resultantly offer job to kwekwu, osei, koffi, attah,essien,etc

they generate revenue to ur country through taxation

your hatery would let u see that!!

some times i wonder if ghana and nigeria are on the same plat-form, cuz the way ghanaian rationalise sometimes is quite intriguing i think

just look at your whole baseless presentation

absolutely garbage, comepletely rubbish!! beleive that, no wonder u are gradually damping down

it only a slowpoke that will continue arguing like u do when the fact are being exposed to u  cool

plz keep that moronics ideas to yourself, i guess that makes the ghanaians feel good grin grin grin

opp make i carry my nigeria is coming bag run ooo grin
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 6:37pm On May 22, 2009
[size=14pt]Just 2007, when the Republic of Ghana celebrated its golden jubilee of national independence, Ghanaian President John Kufuor showered praises on former president Olusegun Obasanjo for dishing out in 2006 $40 million to get the Ghanaian government out of a choking oil crisis. Acording to reports, President Obasanjo at the time rendered this assistance in an act of a “Big Brother role” without approval of the Federal Assembly. But as Jerry Uwah of Abuja wrote in his article: “the Ingratitude of Ghanaians,” it seems that there is a trade and economic stand off developing between Nigeria and Ghana, whereby Ghanaians are feeling that the Nigerians are overshadowing the Ghanaian economy. WWW.Panwhanpen.com brings you an analysis by the Nigerian comumnist:[/size]
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 6:40pm On May 22, 2009
[size=14pt]Though small in size, the Ghanaian economy sits on a very solid electric power base and education system that makes Nigeria look like a primitive society when it comes to investment opportunities. Unilever, a leading multinational company with expansive production facilities in Nigeria, has relocated some of its production lines to Ghana because of the inclement investment weather in Nigeria. Some Nigerian middle class income earners now send their children to Ghanaian universities because of the menace of cultism and incessant strikes in Nigerian universities.[/size]
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 6:42pm On May 22, 2009
[b][size=14pt]Like many other countries in Africa, the Ghanaians are not taking it easy with the massive flow of Nigerian investment into their economy. Despite the fact that such investment creates more jobs in their economy, they see it first as a move by a stronger economy to dominate a weaker one. They are also scared of the “corrupting influence” of the average Nigerian investor.

It is in the light of this that one would see the recent investment law enacted by the Ghanaian government. This law stipulates that foreigners doing business in Ghana must have a capital base of $350,000 (about N41 million) to be allowed to operate. On the surface, the law is designed to protect Ghanaian investors from foreigners with better business acumen and background.
However, the implementation of the investment law suggests that it was designed primarily to tame Nigerians. Some Nigerian businesses have been closed down for allegedly failing to meet the new capital base. No one would complain if the agencies enforcing the new law had meted out equal punishment for every defaulting foreigner. But the reverse is the case

That is why the words of Salisu Abdul, Nigeria’s high commissioner to Ghana, should be considered very weighty.

After months of futile attempts at resolving the matter diplomatically, the high commissioner told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the lop-sided implementation of Ghana’s new investment law clearly indicates that it was targeted at Nigerians.

The Nigerian diplomat contends that the Ghanaian authorities did not close any Lebanese, South African or Kenyan shops in the process of enforcing the new law.

The only shops closed were those of Nigerians. Abdul’s attempts at settling the matter through the diplomatic channel met a concrete wall. He booked several appointments with the director-general of Ghana Investment Promotion Commission, but the man would not honour even one. The director-general repeatedly dodged the Nigerian diplomat. When the head of the Nigerian mission exhausted all avenues of settling the matter on his own, he reported to his superiors in Abuja.

The federal government dispatched the minister of commerce to meet the Ghanaian government on the issue. Like the head of the Nigerian mission in Accra, the minister met a stone wall. The Ghanaian government would not play ball.

The matter has now been referred to ECOWAS which has offered to mediate. From all indications, ECOWAS is not likely to make any head way in resolving the trade dispute.

One thing that could easily be noted in the Ghanaian government’s stand-off is that Salisu Abdul is a rare breed in Nigeria’s diplomatic corps. Nigerian diplomats are not known for putting up that kind of spirited fight for their compatriots in foreign lands.

There were reports of a Nigerian lady who was serving a jail term in Pakistan and delivered a baby while in jail. At the end of her prison term, the Nigerian mission in Pakistan reportedly asked her to invite her relatives in Nigeria to travel to Pakistan and secure a Nigerian passport for the new born baby before she could travel back home.

Abdul’s encounter with the Ghanaian government has shown that with men like him in the nation’s diplomatic corps, Nigerians in foreign lands could still have a ray of hope. On the other hand, the federal government has been too tolerant of the posture of the Ghanaian government.

There is no reason why the Ghanaian government should single out Nigerian investors for punishment in the implementation of the new law, except for the inferiority complex plaguing all impoverished African countries due to Nigeria’s perceived Big Brother posture.[/size][/b]

bastards!!!
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 6:51pm On May 22, 2009
[b][size=14pt]South Africa has virtually taken over Nigeria’s economy and no one in Abuja has lifted a finger in protest. Nigerians are not complaining either. They see the development as an employment generating strategy. The world has become one big global village where people can invest wherever the investment climate is friendly.

About 60 per cent of the goods in US retail shops are made in China by subsidiaries of American companies. The availability of cheap labour and high technology in China has compelled hundreds of American and European companies to open production plants in China where they produce at cheaper rates and ship back to their different markets. The Ghanaian government should see Nigerian investors in their land the way Nigerians see South Africans.

They should be assisted to help grow the Ghanaian economy rather than being harassed out of business for the sheer intimidating size of their home economy and population.

As I stated earlier, the federal government is being too docile in its handling of the trade dispute with the Ghanaian government. The size or number of businesses shut down by the Ghanaian government should not be the determining factor in the response of the federal government.

After the reconciliatory move by the minister of commerce was rebuffed by the Ghanaian government, the federal government should have responded with a deadline within which the men in Accra must redress the situation or face retaliatory sanctions.

The smaller countries in Africa are watching the events in Accra with intense curiosity. If the Nigerian government allows the men in Accra to get away with their stupid, discriminatory protectionist law, Liberia may strike right back with a similar embargo despite the massive blood shed and billions of dollars that Nigeria invested in the struggle to end that country’s fratricidal war.

Like in Ghana, Nigerian businessmen in South Africa are not having it easy with the host country despite the friendly business environment that South African business men enjoy in Nigeria. The perception of governments all over the world is that Nigerians in foreign lands are on their own. The enormous economic and military muscle of the federal government does not even protect those at home; let alone of those in foreign lands.

Ghana’s protectionist law and the discriminatory manner of its implementation is an act of ingratitude when viewed from the fact that former president Olusegun Obasanjo in 2006 dolled out $40 million to get the Ghanaian government out of an asphyxiating oil crisis. Obasanjo was in such haste to act the Big Brother role did not even remember to seek the approval of the National Assembly before advancing that soft loan.

Last year during the 50th anniversary of Ghana’s independence, President John Kufuor paid a glowing tribute to the Nigerian government for its generous economic assistance to his country. The same man turned around a few months later to assent a bill that amounts to a trade barrier against Nigerians.

A government that could hit back so hard on its generous donor is definitely not a friend. It should, therefore, not be treated as one[/size][/b]

yaradua is a waste

nigerian buziness advancement in africa under threat

somalias are holdin some nigeria capitive for months now goin to a year

hey some one bring back abacha opp
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by JJYOU: 7:01pm On May 22, 2009
nigeria is almost a lost case.  whaat do we do?

sadly the reason most of us invest  and will continue to invest money in ghana is the institutions are safer than naija.  with naija here today gone tomorrow mentality who want to risk invest especially if you are not there yourself.

if you use investment houses like investec and coronation they willl tell you out right your money is safer under your pillows than nigeria institutions.  invest in namibia, ghana and south africa you get better returns than nigeria becos  our guys are always fiddling the systems

they easily ignore the minister becos somebody higher than him would have been settled and they say lets just play the junior ones.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by junijustin: 7:10pm On May 22, 2009
shinystar:

Ghana is no match for Nigeria. Period! They can envy us but we will always outrun them.

Is this a confession of faith or a statement of fact? What is on ground to show for it?

The fact that Nigerian investors go to Ghana to set up business is simply because Ghana provides a condusive environement which Nigeria has failed to do. Yes, their economy will be affected if we pull out, but the same can be said of the UK economy. Their higher education sector almost practically runs on the fees paid by international students, and will be affected badly if they stop admitting foreign student (of which a high proportion are nigerians). Suggesting that Ghana will be affected if Nigerians pull out is true, but it is not a convincing argument that they are no match. many Nigerians are hardworking and there are potentials, but the whole talk about "giant of Africa" is probably true perhaps just with respect to population(with what we can see). Self examination and doing our homework will probably be more usefull than unecessary comparism and boasts with nothing to show for it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aimuan Eboigbe Ikponmwosa C Greenboss The Libya Returnee / Nigeria Inflation rate Drops To 15.99% In October - as food prices ease / FG Moves To Start Full Automation In Nigerian Ports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.