Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,466 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister (11597 Views)

The Faith Of A New Business In This State Of Economy / Chadians, Ghanaians, Others Storm Nigeria For Dollars-the Nation / How To Earn Double Salary In The Face Of Economy Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 7:30pm On May 20, 2009
slowpoke obj

i blame am, cuz everytime he travelled to ghana, u usually dash these fools lots and lots of car

abi na money they lend them, when they go pay back self

meeeeeeeeeeh ghana man no de do juju

ghana man infact, to be honest, as a nigeria, the best way to get ur point across say what u want, cuz u de waste ur time, ghana man no go have am, he get different IQ, don yan finsi

every eduacted ghana knows that ghanaman is just too "melo" i mean lay-back, seriously theose one knew it, these are the people even doe the de jealous, but they cant help admiring
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 7:36pm On May 20, 2009
here we go!!

this is a true story!! kiss it leave it

in the 1998-99, was walkin along in wembley, london, here this stucky lady walked up to me, hey how are u, i said im fine. well like slowpoke becomerich loves to say, u need jesus believvvvvvvvvvve me, its true, i siad to her who doesnt need jesus, na only me, she said no cuz u are always angry everytime i see ur face!! well truely i was cuz i was havin some problem at uni/college

then she said u are nigeria, i said yes, guess what the stroy move from jesus to how come nigerians and ghanas studied the same course it always the nigerians that go far, the ghanaans always lag behind. She said that ghana has a lot to learn from the nigerians

me thinkin hold on a sec, thought u are a preacher, well as u know i left
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 7:49pm On May 20, 2009
still on it!!

there is this man called david-something, every ghanaians might have seen him on tv, his programme is on him interviewing people one on one

so here comes this ghana with 100% american acent, claimed he was adpoted to a jewish family when he was 3yrs

then at some point in his life, he claimed the jewish family gave him 1 million credit line, dnt even know what credit line is.

then he was asked to pay back the after a yr, which he claimed he payed within 45 day

as u can guess he is rich, very rich, i think he called Babs, any ghanaian that heard of him

them he desigen clothes now and stuff

he said he is sick and tired of his ghanaian people that he love nigerians

he said everytime he wear new shirt, the nigerians are like oboy that shirt is niiiiiice, oh where did u buy it from, but as for ghanaian, they have set him into hidin, cuz all he get from them is envy

he also talked on how he went to holland, he was in a bank quene, then when the nigeria man went to the counter, they ask for id, the nigerian man went mad, askin the clerk how come u never ask the white man in front about his id, then babs says i admire the nigeria cuz the ghanaians will never never do that charlies

he talked on how wicked and bad the ghanians are, how they fight over woman, calling immgration on eashother

i have personally witness one, where a ghanaian called immgration to our work place just because his fellow ghanaian got promoted

so it fot those that dnt know, ghanaians are very very bad peopel that even the sierr-lone people that hate naija knew that
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 7:53pm On May 20, 2009
and again there is a tribe in ghana that speacailise in witch huntin

every ghanaian are scared of them

forget nollywood, we know about these things
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 7:53pm On May 20, 2009
not long ago a ghanaian was caught in lagos live in the act

shagin a 3 or 8yrs gal

sad
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 8:09pm On May 20, 2009
the ghanain in uk even believe that there gals look better

but thats is open to another debate
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by Builder: 8:37pm On May 20, 2009
ikeyman001,

omo u make me laff ma bele nearly tear
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by hilli666(m): 9:45pm On May 20, 2009
shesi:

Most of you on this thread are so incredibly stupid.

I am a Ghanaian, and 99% of what is being said on this thread is pure Bullshit. First of all, Why should we open our markets to influx by inferior Nigerian goods and services when the Nigerians are not completely opening up theirs?  If you are looking to bully someone, try Togo, not the Great Nation of Ghana.

Second, Us Ghanaians dont take bullshit from anybody. A couple of years ago, when some malaysians were engaging in bad management practises in our country, we sacked them. Yes, i mean sacked. We did the same to the Norwegians who were managing a telecom company in ghana about four years ago. A group of Chinese businessmen are currently on trial in Ghana for under-hand business tactics.
Who the hell do you nigerians think you are to be immune from criticism. Nonsense.

Also, what 'good deeds' are you people talking about? What amazingly good deed has nigeria done for ghana that you all seem to talk so much about? please enlighten me cus i'm quite stumped!

From what i understand, African countries help each other when they can from time to time. But you guys talk like you have carried the whole continent on your shoulders. What Nonsense.
Do you know that the entire Nigerian independence movement was based in Ghana. When Ghana gained Independence, our first president Nkrumah, bankrolled the independence movement of several african countries, including Nigeria, whose entire independence operation was headquartered in Ghana. How did you thank us? by kicking our pregnant women and children out when they came to your country because there was a famine in Ghana.

Humility is a word that seems lost on a large number of Nigerians. Mainly the uneducated ones, as you see on this tread. Do you ever think of What other African countries have done for you?

Your government is currently begging Ghana to build a nuclear power plant in Ghana to solely supply Nigeria, because the Americans won't agree to have Nigeria handle nuclear material.

Some Nigerians have such delusions of grandeur. It's amazing! as no one can see the source of this delusion.

"We are this, we are that, our economy is big, our budget is this, and that, " Look here morons, the size of your economy, is purely a product of your population size. nothing more. if you understood economics better, you would know that the fact that the german economy is bigger than England's,  doesn't make Germany a better country than England. Infact, several germans are daily making their way to England to find better employment even though their economy is bigger. I dont have time to delve into the nuances of economics with you here. Some of you are too stupid to appreciate the concepts anyway.

"If we pull out, they will miss us"   ,  Really? lol, that is funny. because i only know of about 3 banks in Ghana that are nigerian. that's it!  3 banks.  And even one of those banks' CEO was recently arrested for consistenly depositing fake foreign currency at the central bank. that case is still pending. We can kick nigerians out today, and our economy would not even flinch. 

Don't confuse notoriety with popularity. Can you give me 2 instances in the past 10 years, when Nigeria has been in the International news for something positive? lol, that's right, YOU CAN'T. Because everytime we hear nigeria, is either internet fraud, or drugs, or silly activities in their delta whatever driving up the price of oil. In essense, your country is widely regarded as a nuisance by the most of the world.

Ask yourselves why Nigerians are the only ones finding problem everywhere they go? Are you the only africans who travel? If it's not Houston, it's South Africa, or Ghana, or China, or Singapore. Why are you always in the news for all the bad reasons? Is the whole world against you somehow? Is everybody jealous of you?

lol. start looking within yourselves.

while us ghanaians know we have a long way to go and are keeping our head down and working hard and improving our country, Nigerians are happy to sit back and say they are a big country. Talking about 'our economy, our economy'. Having a big population only means you have to work that much more to provide the same basic amenities others take for granted.  Ask your brothers and sisters who have travelled around the world a bit. Just visit the caribbean and you will be amazed to see how much more advanced fellow 3rd world countries are than us. I was in Barbados recently and couldn't believe it. Go the dominican and it's the same thing.

Whoever said pride comes before a fall sure must have been observing nigeria. And you are still falling my friends. wake up.

PS. this is my buddy's account so don't kick him out or anything. lol.

First of all, let me commence by stating "you are an embarrasment to your own country". In your blind patriotism and haste for a rebuttal, you have abysmally failed to provide an agrument that is anything but devoid of logic, and quite frankly not even worthy of been categoriesed as such. First of all let me educate you on the facts. Africa as a continent, is a highly resourcefull land mass. But in that land mass there are only a hand full of countriess that have the resources to support an economy especially one that can compete in the global market. Of those hand full of countries, Nigeria is the top. Where is Ghana? I would love to ponder over my research and provide you with the cold hard facts. But that would be like "casting pearls before a swine" u wouldnt even begin to now how to handle the truth! I love u guy but only as house boys and house girls. Now run and buy me ghana bread!!
kenke eating mutaf@$kas (As u can tell I am also a patriotic Nigerian)
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 10:44pm On May 20, 2009
hahhhahaa kenke oh s hit
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by carago: 12:10am On May 21, 2009
U these Naija people sef, which one be your own. I don't know whether the respondents on this forum represent the general sentiments of all Nigerians towards Ghanaians. If that's the case.well.I've got two words for y'all: Bleep YOU. Anyways, seriously guys this is pathetic, Ghanaians and Nigerians have the most in common in all of Africa, so its very disturbing to find all this hate talk here. What's this about Ghanaians being envious, the girls easy, very dark skinned all the other petty nonsense I'm reading about here. That's just some bull. Addresing the thread issue I only believe its only right Nigeria opens up its market to Ghana goods and services. I've said it b4, I have nothing personal against Nigerians, infact I admire their go- getter attitude to work, but I wont stand for any ignorant Nigerian berating Ghanaians.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 12:29am On May 21, 2009
hmmmm shocked
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 12:35am On May 21, 2009
u these Naija people sef, which one be your own.

there u go
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by shesi(m): 12:57am On May 21, 2009
ikeyman00 - you don't sound intelligible enough for me to engage you in any sort of debate.
i had a good laugh though when you mentioned somewhere that you went to university? hahahaha, you've got to be kidding me.

hilli666 - your claim that nigeria is perched atop the list of bla bla bla is a classic example of what i'm saying - DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR. how do you come by that assesment? remove your green-and-white tinted glasses and see the real picture.

and to the guy who said nigeria is the fourth biggest investor in ghana : you can't be serious. first of all, don't you mean foreign investment? and even when it comes to foreign direct investment, nigeria is no where in the top 10 in ghana. are you crazy. The ONLY sector where there is a visible nigerian presence in Ghana is in the banking sector. AND let me tell you this, by Ghanaian banking regulations, any bank operation in Ghana must be at least 45% Ghanaian owned. So all those subsidiaries of nigerian banks operating in Ghana have significant Ghanaian ownership. If those Nigerian owners pull out today, there are more than enough Ghanaian counterpart ready to step in. Infact, it was nigerians who lobbied to enter the ghanaian market not the other way around. Hitherto, Ghana's banking sector was tightly guarded. It was John Kufuor who opened it up for Nigerian banks and other banks from all over the world to start operating. All this has only been happening since around 2004. Just 2004.

We Ghanaians are happy to welcome foreign direct investment whereever it may come from. This Sudanese man ( or is he even sudanese, i can't remember) the guy with the Telecom company, he is doing brisk business in Ghana and following all the rules.  Similarly, Ghanaian companies are doing business in other african countries including nigeria and there is no problem. A Ghanaian company is building a trans-national railway system in Gambia. Liberia's fibre optic system is being developed by a Ghanaian company? But we dont go and stand there and say we dont have to follow their rules because they need us. THEY DONT. IF we leave there are equally capable liberian businessmen who will step immediately.

But this is not the case with Nigerians. "Oh we won't follow the rules because we are employing their people" Nonsense. All the nigerian banks in Ghana, and i repeat, there are only about 3, are very small banks on the Ghanaian scene. Dealing mostly with corporate clients. How many people do they employ?  Why aren't your companies staying in Nigeria to employ nigerians? are all nigerians employed? THIS is the POMPOSITY i'm talking about. China owns about 70% of American foreign debt. Have you ever heard the Chinese businessmen say they can do what they want in America because of that?

@Carago: I too was suprised by the stupidity i saw on this thread. I don't think that is how most nigerians feel. Even on this forum, you can see that it is just the stupid minority who feel this way. Most nigerians are nice people.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by goodboybad(m): 1:24am On May 21, 2009
@ Shesi
You are doing no favours to your fellow Ghanaians by comming here and insulting everyone here. The fact that there are ignorant posters here with invalid arguments does not mean that you must be insulting in order to get your point across. You have some valid points, but nobody will notice those points because of the insultive words you have used.

Let me get something across to you:

Ghana and Nigeria are not equals by any means. In many places, Nigeria excels, and in many places likewise, Ghana excels.

You tried to discount Nigeria's population, that does not make sense. It is a great weakness, but also a very great strength. E.g. mtn is the leading telecoms outfit on the continent solely because of the Nigerian population. Mtn is present in more than 10 countries, but Nigeria accounts for 1/4 of its profits. It was second to voda until it entered the Nigerian market.

If Ghanaian goods have free access to the Nigerian market, it will improve the lot of Ghanaian businesses. You cannot gainsay that. This is simply because of our population.

Secondly, Nigeria is richer in resources than Ghana. No matter how you put it, Nigeria makes much more money than Ghana. That is why we could afford to (stupidly)dash the paris club $12 billion dollars. Ghana cannot afford to do that.

Thirdly, Nigerians are very enterprising. That is the only way to survive in Nigeria. If you depend on government in nigeria, you own don finish. As a result, we can survive and thrive in the harshest places.

However, Ghana has its own areas where it excels.

First and foremost, resource management. Ghana does not have as much resources as Nigeria, but they know how to manage what they have and make the most of it. That is why you guys can have power supply for long periods, and why, after sinking $12 billion into the power sector, we got nothing.

Secondly, Ghana is a much friendlier place to do business than in Nigeria. The corruption is not as endemic as it is in Nigeria, and that is why some Multinational Corps are moving to do business there

Thirdly, Ghana's democracy is stronger than Nigeria's democracy, and is a beacon to all other democracies is black africa.

Thus I maintain what I said before, Nigeria has a lot to learn from Ghana. But you guys also have a lot to gain from us.

See, I have gotten my point across without insulting you.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 1:25am On May 21, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ikeyman00 - you don't sound intelligible enough for me to engage you in any sort of debate.
i had a good laugh though when you mentioned somewhere that you went to university? hahahaha, you've got to be kidding me.

hilli666 - your claim that nigeria is perched atop the list of bla bla bla is a classic example of what i'm saying - DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR. how do you come by that assesment? remove your green-and-white tinted glasses and see the real picture.

and to the guy who said nigeria is the fourth biggest investor in ghana : you can't be serious. first of all, don't you mean foreign investment? and even when it comes to foreign direct investment, nigeria is no where in the top 10 in ghana. are you crazy. The ONLY sector where there is a visible nigerian presence in Ghana is in the banking sector. AND let me tell you this, by Ghanaian banking regulations, any bank operation in Ghana must be at least 45% Ghanaian owned. So all those subsidiaries of nigerian banks operating in Ghana have significant Ghanaian ownership. If those Nigerian owners pull out today, there are more than enough Ghanaian counterpart ready to step in. Infact, it was nigerians who lobbied to enter the ghanaian market not the other way around. Hitherto, Ghana's banking sector was tightly guarded. It was John Kufuor who opened it up for Nigerian banks to and other banks from all over the world to start operating. All this has only been happening since around 2004. Just 2004.

We Ghanaians are happy to welcome foreign direct investment whereever it may come from. This Sudanese man ( or is he even sudaneses, i can't remember) the guy with the Telecom company, he is doing brisk business in Ghana and following all the rules.  Similarly, Ghanaian companies are doing business in other african countries including nigeria and there is no problem. A Ghanaian company is building a trans-national railway system in Gambia. Liberia's fibre optic system is being developed by a Ghanaian company? But we dont go and stand there and say we dont have to follow their rules because they need us. THEY DONT. IF we leave there are equally capable liberian businessmen who will step immediately.

But this is not the case with Nigerians. "Oh we won't follow the rules because we are employing their people" Nonsense. All the nigerian banks in Ghana, and i repeat, there are only about 3, are very small banks on the Ghanaian scene. Dealing mostly with corporate clients. How many people do they employ?  Why aren't your companies staying in Nigeria to employ nigerians? are all nigerians employed? THIS is the POMPOSITY i'm talking about. China owns about 70% of American foreign debt. Have you ever heard the Chinese businessmen say they can do what they want in America because of that?

@Carago: I too was suprised by the stupidity i saw on this thread. I don't think that is how most nigerians feel. Even on this forum, you can see that it is just the stupid minority who feel this way. Most nigerians are nice people.

listen up[b] mr koffi kwekwu [/b]

forget all that kinkin mentality, to be frankly hah honest mind me, the above u written is a[b] complete trash[/b], if i say rubbish, that means it got some substance, complete trash, nothing that worth my response

maybe it duely to the ghanaian IQ

we live in a world, we aint fools, we know how ghanaians feel about thing, and i think your post reflect on that
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by shesi(m): 1:50am On May 21, 2009
goodboybad - i see ur point. i dont agree with it in it's entirety but i see the point you are making. Let me also say that i don't represent Ghana. So i don't speak on behalf of anybody but myself.

The same way i understand that posters here don't represent nigeria. And only speak for themselves. SO my comments here are not directed at nigerians, they are directed at the people on this thread. specifically.

Otherwise i would have to take ikeyman's comments to represent all nigeria and i think you will agree with me that, that will be quite embarassing for nigerians.

@ikeyman00 - do yourself a favor and just shut up already. at this rate i'm beginning to wonder if you have even completed grade school. like seriously.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by dejiariyo: 2:19am On May 21, 2009
i think we nigerians caused all this insults on ourselves, we always want to play some brotherly love at our own expense , olu maintain went to ghana and adopted 3 ghanian kids but they still call nigerian fraudsters.

in 2006 olusegun obasanjo former president of nigeria borrowed ghana 145 million dollars at the expense of nigerians , we even supply this same pple electricity at our own detriment.

in 2007 nigeria supplied ghana oil for 6 months without them paying up after they the country ran out of petrol, and we nigerians are suffering of the same petroleum oil.

just last week i was scammed by a ghanian who claim to sell some electronics on the internet, i trusted him cos i never believed i will ever be scammed by a ghanian but he took my money and i have learned but am always pissed when they call nigerians scammers while i have seen many ghanians doing internet frauds just like nigerians, ghanians even go to the extent of making music videos celebrating fraud, go on youtube and search mugu, they even use many nigerian slangs so as to confuse outsiders , but its all good, i have learned my lessons from ghanians.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by shesi(m): 3:32am On May 21, 2009
where do you people get your facts from? Nigeria supplies Ghana electricity? Are you ffing kidding me? Ghana that supplies Power to Burkina Faso, Togo, and Cote D'Ivoire? And Nigeria supplies us power? You are dreaming!

Olu Maintain adopted a ghanaian kid so what? Has no Ghanaian ever adopted a nigerian kid?

Do you know how much the government of Nigeria owes our Oil Refinery Company at any one time? Billions. WE refine your oil for you on credit. There is nothing special with that. This is how countries do business with each other. But you never hear us ghanaians claiming that we are giving alms to nigeria by doing so.

Ghana borrowed money from Nigeria? Do you understand how international business functions? We bought stuff from Nigeria on credit? THis is routine international transaction. Who told you that is brotherly love. Nigeria buys things from Ghana and other countries on credit all the time. Like my oil refinery example above.

Why do you see this as philantrophy on the part of Nigeria?
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by goodboybad(m): 3:39am On May 21, 2009
@ Shesi
Its all good. i tend to really dislike generalizations, and both sides of every argument tend to be guilty of it. (My brother, I was suprised when I saw one poster saying that Nigeria supplied power to Ghana. I nearly fell off my seat with laughter)

@ Deji
Nigeria does not hold the moral high ground here. As much as we have tried to do good, we have also done a lot of evil, both to ourselves and to others. And in most people's minds, the evil you do to them will always overshadow whatever good you do.

As far as I am concerned, Ghanaians are not devils and Nigerians are not angels. We are all humans with all our strengths and weakness. simple. The sooner we understand that, the faster we will learn to work together.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by shesi(m): 3:56am On May 21, 2009
goodboybad - you seem like the kind of nigerians  i am used to hanging around. nice people. that's why i was so suprised to be reading some of the things i saw on here.

i'm sure you know that we both, and all africa really, have a long way to go. very long way. like i said, i spent last summer travelling many countries in the caribbean and what i saw suprised and saddened me. i thought i was going to another africa, i quickly realised otherwise. we on the mother continent have a long way to go.

btw, i wanted to say before, perception is everything. what comes to your mind now when you hear Somalia? what the first thing that comes to your mind? Pirates! But in reality, only a small section of a very very very big land, even has pirates in the first place.

Now when the name nigeria is mentioned, people immediately think of 1. '419  2. Internal Problems ( ie. Niger Delta)
People elsewhere don't know that the Niger Delta region is just a small section of Nigeria. Once they hear in the news that there are disturbances in the region, average people around the world assume that this is a countrywide problem.
Eventhough only a small section of the nigerian population engages in 419, it has become what Nigeria is most known for on the world stage. Fair? Perhaps not. But since when has the world been fair.

IF you dont challenge these notions, it will be a very big problem for your country. PERCEPTION IS EVERYTHING. Especially when you are a developing country trying to attact FDI. 

You mention Colombia, first thing i think of is Coccaine: Now if i was looking to relocate my office to a country in the region and relocate my family, will Colombia be top of my list? Definately not.

YOu see my point.

My humble advice, is to challenge these notions. Start looking within yourselves for the solutions to these problems. Stop blaming politicians at every turn. Politicians come from WITHIN society. It's not like they're plucked from another country to rule over you. NO, they were picked from within the same society. So what is it about your society that continues to breed corrupt politicians. Address that.

I think i've made my final contribution to this thread. lol, well until i read another ridiculous claim. lol
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by carago: 4:09am On May 21, 2009
hey everybody, I think I'm gonna die from laughing too much! Nigeria provides Ghana electricity? Wow! Dear ignorant ones, please shut it already, you are not helping your argument with these ridiculous claims. lol
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by goodboybad(m): 4:25am On May 21, 2009
@ Shesi
There is a book I am reading about Singapore, that was written by thier one guy who was thier prime minister for 30 years.
When they gained thier independence, they were in the same position as most African countries were (In fact worse because they had no mineral resources, or even land). But because of the vision of thier leadership, by the time the book was written, the per Capita income of Singapore was higher than that of thier colonial masters Britain.

One thing struck me in the book. The guy said that in the early day of his office, he was driving near a primary school and he saw primary school children running home after the school had closed, and the thing that came to his mind was what policies he was pursuing that would guarantee jobs for all those childred when they graduated from University.

Thats vision, which is what we lack in general in Africa. From the big man to the small man, we do not care about whatever legacy we will leave. Almost every leader in Nigeria, from the Students Union Government Legislators up to the President. there is no vision for the future. As a result, most of the poorest countries in the world are African nations,
Meanwhile tiny Singapore that was worse than us during thier independence (they had no mineral resources), is now many times more successful than us.
Any time I think of it, it discourages me. Instead of trying to work our way out of this mess, we are busy fighting among ourselves. If it is not Igbo vs. Yoruba vs. Hausa or Christian vs Muslim, it is Nigeria vs. Ghana vs. South Africa.
I can only hope for a better future. the present leaves too much to be desired.

As for any more ridiculous posts, dont worry, they will soon wake up from sleep.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by Abrantie: 4:38am On May 21, 2009
Shesi laid out his argument very well. Couldn't have said it any better.

One thing that really gets my goat is how Nigerians always tout land size, population and economy as proof of their superiority. Well duh! The more mouths to feed, the bigger the farm needs to be. Secondly, in this thread, I sensed some prejudices based on skin color. It seems Nigerians would rather compare themselves to East Asians or South Africa (with a sizable number of non-Black Africans) than Ghana. Let me say this again, loud and clear -- FVCK ALL YOU DIRTY NIGERIANS. You are no better than any West African. Geopolitical boundaries, established at the Berlin Conference by a bunch of White men, doesn't change your DNA. You are black just like us Ghanaians, and with big fat lips to boot. Please get off your pedestal fvckin bitches!
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by hilli666(m): 4:42am On May 21, 2009
ABUJA— PRESIDENT Olusegun Obasanjo has approved a loan of $45 million (N6.2 billion) for Ghana and Sao Tome and Principe to assist the two countries.

Information on the loan was conveyed vide a letter to Senate President, Chief Adolphus Wabara, which was read on the Senate floor yesterday. The announcement drew spontaneous mutterings from the opposition side in the Senate chambers. However, the misgivings about the loan package were drowned by the dominant PDP majority aided by the Senate president. A move by Senator Mohammed Anka, Senate minority whip, to question the loan was dismissed by Senator Wabara who asked him if he wanted his own personal loan.

N5.52 billion ($40 million) of the loan package is to help Ghana complete its part of financing of the West African Gas project, while N690 million ($5 million) is to enable Sao Tome and Principe meet emergency needs of the little island nation.

The loan package was hailed by some Senators including Senators Inatimi Spiff (PDP, Bayelsa), Isa Mohammed (PDP, Niger) and Farouk Bello (ANPP, Kebbi).
http://www.modernghana.com/news/60030/1/nigeria-grants-ghana-40-million-loan.html

Pay us this money back first, which is just one of many loans we have giving Ghana. Then Ill explain to u how Nigeria exports electricity to you. Befor your much hailed and failed power volta project in 1962.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by goodboybad(m): 4:55am On May 21, 2009
This argument is begining to remind me of arguments I used to have when I was a kid, My father will beat your father cheesy
Its sad to see that most of us have refused to grow up.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 7:04am On May 21, 2009
hahhhah i have been laughin so much, na so i de laugh as i wake up

ghanaians talk like the know, when they simply dnt know what they are talkin about

if u think u are clever enough to take me on, them stay tuned, and dnt run

dnt try to get high on those gabarge thats makes the ghanaians what it is!

and hey what about drugs trafficing, hmmm i guess the ghanaians are clean as well

so kinkin-man keep moulding,

make no mistake average naijai arnt naive on u slowpoke.

who doesnt know the ghanaians ?? what, is it the nigerians in london

a man that walk around for years without a clean head cut?? ugly morons
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by dejiariyo: 8:13am On May 21, 2009
when i make comments i have my evidence, i know what am saying, if u dont know all u need is infor which i will supply u.

Nigeria To Supply Ghana Energy

Power Lines

NEW. Watch live television from Ghana, the latest Ghanaian movies and OBE TV.
Addis Ababa, Jan. 29, GNA - Nigeria has agreed to supply 80 megawatts of electricity to Ghana as part of a deal to help the country to address its current energy crisis.

Additionally, it has accepted to take over the supply of power to Benin and Togo, to take off the burden on Ghana and bring some relief to the country.

President John Agyekum Kufuor made the announcement when answering a question on how Ghana was tackling the energy problems it was facing, when he presented the country's implementation report on the African Peer Review Mechanisation (APRM) recommendations at the Sixth Summit of the APRM Heads of State and Government Forum.

This was on the sidelines of the Eighth Africa Union's ordinary session held in the Ethiopian capital, Addis Ababa. Ghana's report received overwhelming commendation by the 25 States that have signed up to the APRM.

President Kufuor said Nigeria through the West Africa Power Pool, which comes on-stream in February, 2007 would be increasing its electricity supply to Ghana.

Ghana's energy requirement is put at 2,000 megawatts and its present total generation mix comes up to 1,200 megawatts, 69 per cent of which is from hydroelectric sources and 30.4 per cent from fossil fuels. The Akosombo hydroelectric dam has a generating capacity of 912 megawatts while that of Kpong is 160 megawatts.

Ninety-Nine per cent of the electricity consumption in Ghana is supplied by the Volta River Authority.

President Kufuor said with the Power Pool Agreement, Ghana, Nigeria and Cote d'Ivoire would put their electricity generation into a pool so that in the event of a shortfall in any of the countries, it would fall on it to avoid crisis situation.

He said the country on its own was also taking some measures to boost its energy generation and cited plans to construct the 400-megawatts capacity Bui Dam.

He was expressed the hope that the inauguration of the West Africa Gas Pipeline Project in March, 2007, would significantly enhance the operation of the Osagyefo Barge.

President Kufuor said Ghana again was exploring other alternative sources including solar and bio-diesel.

Meanwhile, the AU's Eighth Ordinary session being attended by the 53 Heads of State and Government, the high point of which, would be the election of a new Chairman to take over from Congolese President Dennis Sassou Nguesso opens on Monday morning at the Economic Commission for Africa's (ECA) Conference Centre.

Mr Ban Ki-Moon, the United Nation's Secretary General, is in the Ethiopian Capital, Addis Ababa to attend. 29 Jan. 2007

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=118129
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by dejiariyo: 8:18am On May 21, 2009
@sesi, i am happy u can now read and maybe u will learn.

i used to work in the oil and gas industry and i know how much ghana has benefitted from nigeria even at the detriment of his pple, pls dont come here to give false information, nigeria never refined crude oil in ghana , we do refine in 8 countries and only one is in africa and which i know of and had work for as well, so dont give false information on this forum.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 8:44am On May 21, 2009
http://www.thestatesmanonline.com/pages/news_detail.php?newsid=1149&section=1

Thur, May 21, 2009

Govt declares war on drug trafficking
Gilbert Boyefio , 27/10/2006

Government has declared war on drug trafficking, aimed at rendering drug abuse and trafficking in the country a most unattractive enterprise for both Ghanaians and foreigners.

It has also pledged its support and continued collaboration with the global community to do all that has to be done to ensure that the negative identification of Ghana with narcotics is completely erased.

The Minister of Interior, Albert Kan-Dapaah, disclosed this at a press conference in Accra yesterday at the launch of 'Operation WestBridge', a collaborative project between the Governments of Ghana and the United Kingdom in a concerted effort to fight the drug menace.

Operation WestBridge involves the deployment of experienced UK Customs Officers to train their Ghanaian counterparts as well as other related security agencies. Another facet of the collaboration, is the installation of a state of the art IONSCAN detection equipment at the Kotoka International Airport to assist the security agencies to combat the trafficking of narcotic drugs to and from the airport.

The operation, which will commence on November 15 this year, will continue for a period ranging between one and two years and will include training on the use of the equipment, profiling, targeting, intelligence gathering, questioning and other anti- smuggling techniques.

Mr Kan-Dapaah acknowledged that there is indeed a drug problem in Ghana and in other parts of the world as well, which need urgent attention. He noted that all over the world governments are expressing serious concerns about the scourge of drug abuse and are embarking upon measures to deal with the problem.

According to him, the concern being shown by Government is justified, because it does not want to earn for itself the dubious reputation of being a transit point for narcotic drugs. yes blamed it on all the outsider satan clu

He observed that the setting up of the high powered Georgina Wood Committee was a deliberate effort to demonstrate Government"s determination to fight drug trafficking.

Mr Kan-Dapaah said this year, significant legislations had been passed to discourage drug traffickers, and disclosed that plans are far advanced to pass more laws to that effect, including the Anti-Money Laundering Bill, as well as the Proceeds of Crime Bill, within the shortest possible time.

He said a five day consultative meeting of experts on narcotic control will open today at Elmina, on the theme, "Enhancing the capacity of the Narcotics Control Board and the way Forward", with experts drawn from Ghana, UK, the United Nations Development Programme, the United States of America, and the European Union.

The meeting will examine drug issues in the country, provide inputs into a new drug policy, recommend a new structure for the Narcotics Control Board and determine the logistical and other resource needs of the NACOB.

The consultative meeting is also expected to produce a discussion document for the National Task Force which will be convened in the very near future. The setting up of a NTF was part of the recommendations made by the Georgina Wood Committee.

Drugs abused in the country include marijuana, cocaine, heroin and some amphetamine type stimulants or psychotropic substances.

On her part, Bridget Prentice, a Parliamentary under Secretary of State, Department for Constitutional Affairs, UK, said according to statistics from the UN Office for Drugs and Crime, the world-wide drugs trade has a street value of $321billion.

She said the international nature and context of organised crime has shown that issues related to drugs are no more a domestic problem but a global one that needs a global response. "That is why the UK is engaged in tackling narcotics trafficking at every stage along the supply chain", she added.

She disclosed that the UK has been following the situation in Ghana closely, and has been concerned by the increasing quantities of cocaine and other hard drugs passing through the shores of Ghana on their way to Europe and elsewhere.

Ms Prentice however commended Government’s determination to tackle the problem, and to act quickly to expose those who are using their position to facilitate the trafficking of narcotics by setting up the Georgina Wood Committee and also seeking to pass legislation that would make life more difficult for those who seek to use Ghana as a transit point for drugs.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 8:54am On May 21, 2009
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/dec/06/worlddispatch.jeevanvasagar

Witch hunt

Jeevan Vasagar explains how elderly widows in northern Ghana often find themselves made scapegoats for life's tragedies

Jeevan Vasagar guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 6 December 2005 12.20 GMT Article history

Accused 'witch' Sanatu Iddrisu. Photograph: Sean Smith

When crops fail or children die of mysterious illnesses, the villagers of northern Ghana usually suspect that a witch is to blame.
The accusation is most likely to come from within a family - the same feeling that binds a village together in adversity can be turned ruthlessly against a scapegoat, and it takes little more than suspicion for a witch to face death at the hands of a lynch mob.

Fearing for their lives, hundreds of elderly women in northern Ghana have banded together for protection in sanctuaries known as "witch camps". They live in clusters of sun-baked huts, where lizards scuttle under the eaves and pumpkin vines grow over the thatched roofs.

Sanatu Iddrisu, a wizened old woman wearing a blue headscarf and floral-print blouse, fled her village after she was accused of cursing a teenage boy whose death was likely to have been caused by malaria.

"It was my nephew who accused me," she said. "He threatened to burn my house down. I came here for my own safety. There is no other community that would accept me because of the stigma of witchcraft."

The "witch camps" have the tranquil air of retirement homes, with residents sitting outside their doorways chewing kola nuts and chatting with neighbours. Corn is spread out to dry in the sunshine, and firewood is piled up in spiky bundles by the mud walls of the huts.

The women are not completely shunned by their families - children and grandchildren come to visit - but their relatives have shed the financial burden of caring for them. Instead, the women eke out a meagre existence, gathering firewood to sell and tending tiny plots of maize and spinach.

The charity Action Aid, which has researched the phenomenon, estimates that there are almost 400 accused witches in six camps in northern Ghana. Women have even fled from neighbouring Burkina Faso and Togo to find sanctuary.

Economic motives fuel claims of witchcraft. Sanatu's neighbour in the camp, a woman named Shetu Bukari, refused to move out of her husband's house and go back to her own family when she was widowed.

However, she had to give up the valuable property and run away to a camp when her brother-in-law accused her of casting a spell on his pregnant wife.

Some of the women in the camp deny being witches, but others proudly claim magical powers, although they insist they confine them to benign charms to safeguard their children.

"I was born with the power of witchcraft," Asana Mahamma, sitting in a dark hut piled with cooking pans, said. "But I only used it to protect my household. Others said I was a witch because I have seven children and they are all still alive."

The accused women are protected from would-be persecutors by a traditional priest - known as the Tindaana - who performs exorcisms on newcomers seeking to join the Gnani village camp.

"This village is like a bowl that everyone drinks from," one of the priest's relatives said. "It is against our custom to banish people. We accept anyone who has been banished."

Bimbah Nkombe, a widowed mother of four, fled to the camp after her cousin blamed her for a child's death. "The father of the child has threatened me," she said. "If I go back, they will kill me."

The morning after she arrived, the priest's apprentice performed an exorcism ceremony, slashing the throat of a cockerel and then tossing it to the ground to witness its death throes.

The bird's wings rattled and its legs clawed wildly at nothing before it flopped forwards onto its beak. Nkombe looked relieved. According to traditional belief, the position in which the bird died meant she was innocent of the child's death.

Then she drank some of the cockerel's warm blood in a ritual cleansing ceremony, making a vow not to practise black magic while she stayed in Gnani.

Northern Ghana lags behind the more fertile and affluent south of the country in development terms. In isolated villages surrounded by tangles of bush, literacy levels are low and elderly widows are a convenient scapegoat for life's tragedies.

There are fresh influxes of alleged witches whenever there is an unexplained phenomenon - anything from outbreaks of meningitis to blighted crops.

In the village of Galgu, a sprawl of huts reached by a winding dirt track, one of the women's accusers explained how suspicion had fallen on her.

As lightning flickered outside his hut, Mahami Wumbei said he had always been friendly with his aunt, Sanatu Iddrisu, until the death of his teenage son from a sudden illness.

"My son was very sick," he said, weeping at the memory. "We were taking him to hospital, coming and going, but he did not survive. Before he died, he named this woman as the one making him sick.

"We told her this, and she did not deny it. No-one wanted to come near her - even the young ones she called grandchildren ran away out of fear."

Fleeing the village probably saved her life, but it has made her an outcast. "She has gone to a shameful place," Mahami said.
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 9:04am On May 21, 2009
http://ezinearticles.com/?Ghana,-West-Africa---The-Fraud-Zone&id=652324

Is Ghana as bad as its reputation for scams?

The short answer is: Yes! A closer look, especially after some experience and time in Accra, the nation's capital, clearly reveals the fact that not all citizens of Ghana are bad people. In fact, it's largely the contrary. Where poverty runs deep, as it does in Ghana and Nigeria, however, the attraction to easy money has caught the attention of many, and scam operations are growing faster and more out of control than any time in history.

Are there any beautiful, white and English speaking women in Ghana? The answer to this question is: Not many. Scammers in Ghana have learned from their neighbors in Nigeria, the founder of the imfamous 419 scam. These days, scammers are increasing their level of sophistication and it no longer takes a "fool" to be a victim of scam. Ghana fraud rings invest careful time with their victims, setting up a relationship of trust, confidence and if possible, love. Once the romance is established, the scammer makes his move. This is typically in the form of an emergency, help with a visa, a large inheritance and legal problem, etc.

Is it possible to have a real, honest and lasting relationship with someone in Ghana? Yes, it is possible. Are there foreigners living and working in Ghana who speak English? Yes, of course. Does the level of fraud and professional scams being operated from that country warrant the need for a background check to verify any relationship in Ghana? Yes, absolutely! It's the only way.

The moral of the story is, no matter what the circumstances, no matter where the person was met, either on the Internet or in person, if the individual is from or currently living in Ghana, due to the extreme level of scam activity in that country, we strongly advise a background check, of which Wymoo offers the most comprehensive services for the West Africa region. And lastly, never send money to any individual overseas who is not known in person or who has not been verified via a professional.

Be safe and best of luck,
Re: Ghanaians Fear Nigerian Domination Of Economy –minister by ikeyman00(m): 9:09am On May 21, 2009
its obvious that ghana has taken over 419, it so deep that emm 419 has desiginated into sub-categories

they even have 319 type of 419; have any nigeria heard of 319

these ghanaians just wouldnt stop!! envious fools

http://topics.myjoyonline.com/features/200903/27001.asp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kenyan Officials And Wife Of Anjarwalla Deny Arrest Of Binance Exec. / List Of Jaiz Bank Branches In Nigeria [UPDATED] / Updates On Naira Debit Cards Limit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.