Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission (38122 Views)

Is This The Highest Score In The Ongoing 2017 JAMB? / IbrahimShamwily: Highest JAMB Score In 2016 (photo) / 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by DrmAp21: 11:48am On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
is there any school still selling pre degree form?
she can try federal university Brinin kebbi (FUBK) their PD is still on or even without PD she can still secure her admission provided she meet up the utme national cutoff n the sch postume besides the sch was newly established so therefore the rate of wuruwuru in the sch is zero/very minimal bro her admission is guaranteed only if she choose em as most preferred choice n meet up with the merit.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Chukzyfcb(m): 11:49am On Nov 17, 2015
Well I'll not be quick to condemn the school, But I hope you had the right subject combination in your jamb. One hidden reason most students don't get admitted despte their high score is because they offer subjects in jamb not related to their course of study. E.g you applied for med. Engineering and you ought to write eng.maths,phy&chemstry but in your jamb, you added economics/geography because you felt you can get a high score. That's why its advisable to always use Jamb syallbus. I hope this isn't your problem,so Check well tho, if not then its simply "wayooo"
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Joeself1(m): 11:50am On Nov 17, 2015
That shiit is real ooo,that is what I'm also battling with in lasu nw sef, they invited those that did not choose em,we wrote the exams and passed,lasu did not even consider us for any course even if it is yoruba education,I won't say I'm a science student ,I will accept it....and some candidates that scored 31 were given admissions into medicine and computer science,if they know they won't give us admissions ,why inviting us,this has to stop...I just hope I have the power to sue them, I swear I will.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 17, 2015
Whoever thinks the Op is telling a lie is wrong, and is oblivious of how bad things are in Nigeria. Sometime in 2010 I had similar issue. Applied for law at Lasu and scored 65 in postume, with 246 in jamb. The cutoff was 60 for non indigene of Lagos state, but behold the merit list came out and I was given History Education. I nearly committed suicide. People who scored 40 were given admission for law including people from my state. We discussed with all the top guns in the school yet they claimed it was Governors list and VC names all my state people came through. God was merciful and I was granted admission in my school of second choice.

My advice is that your friend should brace up and prepare for next year and preferably choose her state school. The chances will be higher and it's nearly impossible for ones state university to deny admission when one merit it.

2 Likes

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by agabaI23(m): 11:54am On Nov 17, 2015
Juxtified:

She can sue if she can actually prove your allegation that someone else who got much lower scores (182 in JAMB & 172 in PUME) was given admission on merit list while she wasn't.
Also she should also take note if the school is using some form of quota system e.g. indigenes tend to get higher considerations than non indigenes, so the person who seemingly got lower scores but is an indigene may actually deserve admission ahead of the non indigene...
May be the kids from Anambra who scored 138 and didn't get admission in Unity schools should sue the FG for admitting those who scored 2 from Yobe state...just saying
Where is the person with low scores from? Could it be quota system?
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
A good friend of mine will be spending another year at home because of federal university otuoke (fuotuoke). She scored 238 in jamb and 307 in pume yet they didn't consider her for admission, some one that scored 182 in jamb and 172 in pume was given admission on merit list..... Abi to score high na crime again?

Is there any way she can sue the school? Or any ministry responsible for such case?

She is dying, heart broken..... She needs your help guys.

Thanks
take her to a CAC church or mountain of fire...na prayer he need
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by swaggprofessor(m): 11:56am On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
A good friend of mine will be spending another year at home because of federal university otuoke (fuotuoke). She scored 238 in jamb and 307 in pume yet they didn't consider her for admission, some one that scored 182 in jamb and 172 in pume was given admission on merit list..... Abi to score high na crime again?

Is there any way she can sue the school? Or any ministry responsible for such case?

Thanks
Is her O'levels complete if yes then she has a case but if not she shud go complete it
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by trigar12(m): 11:56am On Nov 17, 2015
Am going through diz shi.t right now, am a direct entry applicant and I got 58% during the putme at oou I have strong upper credit too. My friends dat got 32%,28%,40% have all been offered admission while am expecting a miracle.

It's sad, admission is not on merit again , all I can do is to hope n pray but its really sad

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by mirabel001(f): 11:56am On Nov 17, 2015
i smell propaganda....dnt ask me what i mean
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:

Yep Delsu is selling.. I prefer she choose delsu.. wen she pass her core courses she will be admitted.. but I won't advice her to Fill competitive Cous like nursing and Pharmacy but other courses re okay..

If u need any help alart me I will help u out with the guildlines.. thanks
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by free2ryhme: 12:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:

Thanks

pls which school did she put in for

She she go with evidence and complain to the dean of faculty or HOD of that department.

if you sit in your house and wait for manna you will wait for ever ooo
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 17, 2015
philiancoop:
Many things need to be considered in answering this question. 1. How is her waec result?
2. Does her combination Match the requirements for her course?
Not to forget her state of origin, since its a Federal govt school, catchment stuff still applies...maybe someone scored higher than her from her state.

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by YoowPeeRochas(m): 12:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
Dear, tell her to take heart. I think I should be more heartbroken than she is. I got a whopping 262 in JAMB and an A-list (70 to 100) PUTME score for UNIBEN (UniBEND though), but I didn't get it. Up till now I'm yet to believe this great evil to me! Even when I so much crossed d slated Aggregate for my course. Its just sheer wickedness. God is watching!

2 Likes

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by kozmokaz(m): 12:14pm On Nov 17, 2015
d school don rape her admission !!!

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Hurlstarling: 12:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
Khd95:
Dis same poo happened in unilorin,d better by stress university

Had 264 in jamb,%64 in pjamb,no admission given where pple wit lower scores nd percentage were admitted,in their so called merit list.

Course of study please
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by kozmokaz(m): 12:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
abg who b minster of education self ... d corruption in DAT sector pass d one in d oil sector self
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by chi4ik4(m): 12:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
this babe should relax, I wrote JAMB 5times, post UME 4TIMES in UNIJOS, I did IJMB & still I was scoring high marks in JAMB. just wait for your time. I don't believe in bribing before getting admission, I didn't pay one naira & I'm now I'm final year, I'm the class rep & I'm doing handsomely well in school. one word, Persevere.....

2 Likes

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by chi4ik4(m): 12:20pm On Nov 17, 2015
if u are science student, come to unijos & get remedial form, it will help you a lot. it's on sale now & about to be closed
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by oyinmykel: 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:

Thanks

the question is, are the subject combo she wrote in jamb the prerequisite to the course she applied for? if she chose the wrong combo for a course, even when she scores 400, I feared no admission will be offered
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by OlufemiWhit(m): 12:24pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
Uniosun should still be selling forms check Uniosun.edu.ng
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by jhidey08(m): 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
thanks boss, if you have the email address please share with me, as for the suing stuff if it's me I will,I don't know if her parents will agree to that.....
which course did she apply? U guys don't even know how admission processes are done? On what basis do u want 2 sue d school? It's nt as if it's on their website or dey publicized it dat anyone who scores 230 and above in jamb will b given admission. She scored jst 238!! U know whether sum1 who applied d same course 4rm d same state scored higher Dan dat? U beta talk sense in2 her head. Jamb form is out again, let her obtain another one and study seriously hard and choose a university dat has her state as part of their catchment area. Good luck to her
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:

Thanks

Next Time, tell her to choose UI.
She doesn't need to know anyone.
If she is sure of herself, she will gain admission.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by justmenoni: 12:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
U're very right but is this really in the Constitution?? If not then op(I know he's d one but they love everytime dat it's their friends or relatives) can sue for huge amount and perhaps he can get some money to start his own business grin

Juxtified:

She can sue if she can actually prove your allegation that someone else who got much lower scores (182 in JAMB & 172 in PUME) was given admission on merit list while she wasn't.
Also she should also take note if the school is using some form of quota system e.g. indigenes tend to get higher considerations than non indigenes, so the person who seemingly got lower scores but is an indigene may actually deserve admission ahead of the non indigene...
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Hurlstarling: 12:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:

Thanks
There are factors to be considered, which consisered has disqualified your friend from gaining admission.

Mine as a case study: In 2013, i put in for medicine and surgery in prestigious OAU. I scored what to someone aspiring for Botany will be considered a high score but to a medicine aspirant is worst than better. So i wasn't given admission with a 237 aggregate based on my course of study which honestly in a clear term will give lesser courses admission on merit. Fast forward to 2015 (because I didn't write JAMB in 2014), i put in again for the same university this time, a lesser coure which an aggregate of 247 gave me a place on the merit list when some with an aggregate 30 points higher will not be admitted for medicine and surgery with 283 as aggregate.

I think its necessary and obligatory we start seeing things as they are instead of shifting on blameless bodies who are only doing what they are meant to do.

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:

Thanks

If these scores you typed here are her true scores, then am afraid her name might have been omitted, you know analog record keeping and and all. I'd advise you find a way to reach the school's registrar with copies of her Jamb and putme results, hopefully you might find genuine help, or even make your way to the vc's office. This country is for the bold o, a friend of mine was a victim of this that year, you know what he did? He found out the church the vc attends, went there one Sunday, waited for church service to end, and rushed the vc on his way out in defiance to his aides, today he has graduated, in fact that year his name came out twice in the merit list. These people are humans afterall, approach the school registry, begin from the receptionist, ask to see the registrar, you might have to pass thru series of PAs, in fact just try, don't forget to pray. Beware of scammers too. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by lumba99: 12:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
bastien:
AAUA(Adekule Ajasin University Akungba-Akoko Ondo-State)
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by juman(m): 12:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
This country need more than 50 new universities more.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
its nt every issue u bring to nairaland...these r personal issues u handle on ur own..its simple,dnt lose hope n keep trying till u get wah u want
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Lilswaghanxum(m): 12:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
it bad share,I'm in the same poo with her,ma post utme score in unical was superb 350 and jamb 241 bt I never get admission. the talk say na because I am from Imo state
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by Jimwalex(m): 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
I was once in ur frnd's shoes.i scored 250 in jamb nd 70/100 in post ume yet i was nt offer admissn dat year cos despite my high score i was nt in the top 5 in my state..whereas d school was to give only 5 slots to students from my state in da dept dat i chose.
Meanwhile,another friend frm another and a less-competitive state scored 195 nd 60/100 frm both jamb nd pume respectively and got d admss cos he was d highest frm his state.
surprisingly i got d admsn d follown year with less jamb and post ume scores.
Re: With Her High Score In Both JAMB & Post-UTME, She Was Not Offered Admission by lolaluv1(f): 1:11pm On Nov 17, 2015
Back when JAMB was really dealing with people and it was so hard to pass, I had 250 at my first try and I didn't get the admission. Thank God I had plan B.
Then you eventually graduate and Same happens in the job market when you pass an exam, don't get called and then those with 1/3 of your score get the job.

Even when you manage to get your job, then come the sadists ready to frustrate your efforts like they were there the day you got your success mail/text.
You just have to find the strength within you not to give up. Life is full of turns and adversities. Just wait your turn which is coming as long as you don't give up....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Primary School, Classroom In Edo With Cattle (Photos) / Adenyi Theophilus Earned Two Degrees While In Prison, Now Doing His PhD / Babcock’s Best Graduating Student Has Never Kissed A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.